• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Pre-Season |OT| The Power of Dreams™

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHale

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie intervenes in the VDG vs Sauber debacle. Get him the Manor seat for free in exchange for some petty cash from his "retirement fund".

The last thing you want is a court dispute lingering during the opening weekend. But on the other hand maybe he thinks the 70-90 demographic likes court disputes.

DD

I think that the problem with Nasr is the wrong decisions he made. Of course, it's easy to judge now. He couldn't know where his decisions would take him. He stormed the field on the Formula BMW and even more on the British Formula 3, on Carlin, having Magnussen as a teammate, for example, which landed on McLaren soon after. By that time, Nasr refused to sign a contract with Red Bull's junior programme, so he wouldn't close doors on other teams in F1. So he decided to sign with Button's and Raikkonen's manager, Steve Robertson.

Then Nasr landed on the car nº2 on Dams for his first season on GP2, all eyes on him. Things went wrong, the team screwed him up a few times (a loose throttle wire in a race, for example), and even though he was the second best rookie of that year. He probably though that things wouldn't work for him at Dams, so he got back to Carlin, where he knew some people and felt at home. Carlin is the best team in the British F3, but they usually suck at GP2. Even though, Nasr managed to push the team up on the ranks, and even fought for the title.

So, yeah, Nasr didn't showed on GP2 the results he had on F-BMW and F3, but the potential is there. Van dere Garde is 29 already, FFS. If he had any potential, he would be there on the grid. So, let the young kids show what they can do. Max has the potential to bring joy to the dutch people. Van der Garde, no.

Lol, Alonso's one chill ass dude. I dropped most of my 2007 and 2008 angst for the guy once I realized how big of a geek the guy is.
17nzy27hchmojjpg.jpg

This Formula One Champ is a Big Japanese Role-Playing Game Geek

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernie intervenes in the VDG vs Sauber debacle. Get him the Manor seat for free in exchange for some petty cash from his "retirement fund".

The last thing you want is a court dispute lingering during the opening weekend. But on the other hand maybe he thinks the 70-90 demographic likes court disputes.

I'm sure it's the last thing Sauber wants, but Bernie? You must have realised by now that Bernie lives by the motto that no press is bad press.

chadskin

Bild reports, citing the Spanish El Pais, that Alonso believed he was 13 years old after he regained consciousness following the accident, meaning he "forgot" the last 20 years of his life.

When a doctor asked him he reportedly said: "I am Fernando. I drive go-cart and want to become a Formula 1 driver."

Bild reports, citing the Spanish El Pais, that Alonso believed he was 13 years old after he regained consciousness following the accident, meaning he "forgot" the last 20 years of his life.

When a doctor asked him he reportedly said: "I am Fernando. I drive go-cart and want to become a Formula 1 driver."

Christ, he gets younger every time. Next thing you know he'll be 2 and a half and crying for his mommy if you go by the print media.

Aiii

So not worth it
Christ, he gets younger every time. Next thing you know he'll be 2 and a half and crying for his mommy if you go by the print media.

Exactly how old do you think Alonso is?

It was twenty years when it was first reported and it's still 20 in this rewrite of that article.

chadskin

Fernando Alonso suffered 'temporary memory loss' after his crash in testing
McLaren have confirmed to Sky Sports that Fernando Alonso suffered 'temporary memory loss' following his accident in testing at Barcelona.

Reports in Alonso's native Spain claim that the 33-year-old believed the year was 1995 after being knocked unconscious when his McLaren car hit the track wall at the Circuit de Catalunya on the final day of the second pre-season test.

"I'm Fernando, I'm in karts and want to become Formula 1 driver," Alonso told doctors, according to Le Pais newspaper.

(...)

However, amid widespread speculation about the cause and effects of the crash, McLaren boss Eric Boullier has insisted that Alonso’s concussion was not as "dramatic" as depicted.

"It was just a normal concussion [with] a loss of temporary memory," Boullier told Sky Sports F1. "It's not as dramatic as you read in the media. Everything is back to normal."
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/2...porary-memory-loss-after-his-crash-in-testing

Pimpwerx

Interesting topic over on pf1, I thought would be interesting here:

Q: Who is the first F1 driver you were older than?

For me, it was Button. Maybe that's why I have such strong opinions about Jenson, I've been watching him drive my entire adult life. Enough already. LOL. PEACE.

Fernando Alonso ‏@alo_oficial

In a few days the championship starts and we ran out "imagination". I propose a game with RT to the most creative. #whereDidYouWakeUpToday

alonsoweirdo.jpg

frontieruk

For a week or so we were being told by "sources" that it was electric shock, that he was ill and that he blacked out before the crash. In f1 where there is smoke there is smoke.

Fernando Alonso suffered 'temporary memory loss' after his crash in testing

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/2...porary-memory-loss-after-his-crash-in-testing

Smoke = Fire...

Next on the list is Mclaren introducing new safety features on their car.

But moving on...

this promo from F1 left me with that hype feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwEyHU2w3a0

Ark

Interesting topic over on pf1, I thought would be interesting here:

Q: Who is the first F1 driver you were older than?

For me, it was Button. Maybe that's why I have such strong opinions about Jenson, I've been watching him drive my entire adult life. Enough already. LOL. PEACE.

I think Kvyat is the first driver I was older than. Not sure.

Massa

Interesting interview with the old man: http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/03/08/bernie-ecclestone-we-are-in-the-entertainment-business/

“The Mercedes unit that they take to races and put in the paddock, it takes 24 trucks to carry the parts to assemble it. The FIA believes it keeps the world alive because F1 cars don’t use any fuel. Not true. They use a few per cent less than a normal engine.

“But some teams have 24 trucks to build their motorhomes, which use a lot of fuel. So it is all nonsense. It is all complete hypocrisy, which upsets me. It is complete stupidity. So everyone has got their corner they want to fight for. The FIA want to be green, the teams are split on what they want to do and we want to make sure the championship is successful. We are in the entertainment business.”

itsgreen

So this is interesting, Dutch site (http://www.f1today.net/nl/nieuws/199560/bron-giedo-met-helm-naar-australi-om-te-racen-voor-sauber) reporting that Giedo isn't looking to settle and is bringing his helmet to Australia with one intention: to race.

They also mention the Swiss thing isn't appeal-able. And that the Australian supreme court won't look into the case but probably rubber-stamp the Swiss verdict.

So in 12 hours there should be a verdict saying that VDG can enforce his drive.

So this is interesting, Dutch site (http://www.f1today.net/nl/nieuws/199560/bron-giedo-met-helm-naar-australi-om-te-racen-voor-sauber) reporting that Giedo isn't looking to settle and is bringing his helmet to Australia with one intention: to race.

They also mention the Swiss thing isn't appeal-able. And that the Australian supreme court won't look into the case but probably rubber-stamp the Swiss verdict.

So in 12 hours there should be a verdict saying that VDG can enforce his drive.

I'm not really sure what he's trying to achieve. What's that race seat worth, if the team you're driving for doesn't support you?

itsgreen

I'm not really sure what he's trying to achieve. What's that race seat worth, if the team you're driving for doesn't support you?

The team will support him. They don't have a choice, because he has the seat and if they mess it up they score less or no points and that translates into money.

It isn't smart to hold a grudge.

yami4ct

Aiii

So not worth it

That's assuming the team is on their terrible management's side, of course. Who said they don't like GvdG more than either of the other two drivers? At least they know Giedo from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom