• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Pre-Season |OT| The Power of Dreams™

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsgreen

B_nEf6UUcAA1fqC.jpg:large

It's happening!

Also there:
B_nHOwaU8AEjvkf.jpg:large

Ericsson and Nasr!

itsgreen

"Alyssia Morison @AlyssiaMorison
Sauber F1 team argues that a new model of Ferrari is being raced at Australian Grand Prix, in which VanDer Guarde has no experience racing."

"Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7
#F1 Court: @SauberF1Team lawyer says van der Garde hasn't practised in new Ferrari. Would be 'reckless & dangerous' to allow him to drive."

Sauber should do stand-up...

itsgreen

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7
#F1 Court: Lawyer for Ericsson & Nasr now on his feet. Said they're young men about to embark on F1 careers. Been racing since 8 & 9 yrs old

LOL

Lach

Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7 · 52 Min. said:
.@SCVSupremeCourt will hand down decision at 10am Wednesday in driver Giedo van der Garde's case against @SauberF1Team. #7NewsMelb

Ahahaha. Now I really want him to succeed. I guess he could forget P1&2 and prob. P3.
Oh the drama....

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, it's about time someone stood up against teams just flat out breaking contracts. If you give a driver a contract and he's adhering to his contract (as in, meeting all the performance and -if applicable- payment clauses), he should not just be kicked to the curb when someone with more money comes along. Happens so often, it would be nice if VDG wins the lawsuit and his seat just to send a signal for teams to stop screwing contracted workers over, really.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
"
"Kate Jones @Kate_Jones7
#F1 Court: @SauberF1Team lawyer says van der Garde hasn't practised in new Ferrari. Would be 'reckless & dangerous' to allow him to drive."

That's what the practice sessions are for~ That argument isn't gonna hold up.

They should just start making that chair already.

itsgreen

Pretty much, he won a lawsuit in November.

Nope.

The arbitration finished march 2nd or something... (If I'm correct)

But you can be sure he has been working on this the whole winter.

And at some time when you don't get the results in private you have to enforce them through court. Arranging this in private would always have been a priority for VDG and Sauber since it saves face for both.

Staab

Are they seriously saying it would be dangerous to let him drive because he has been out of F1 for a year ? like... really ?
If anything, this will force the courts to make him participate fully in all practice sessions, this has to be a joke...

edit: oh wait, they're saying they won't have time to do a seat fitting and that it will be impossible for him to drive safely with a non-fitted seat.

itsgreen

Are they seriously saying it would be dangerous to let him drive because he has been out of F1 for a year ? like... really ?
If anything, this will force the courts to make him participate fully in all practice sessions, this has to be a joke...

edit: oh wait, they're saying they won't have time to do a seat fitting and that it will be impossible for him to drive safely with a non-fitted seat.

But also that he has never driven this new Ferrari car, so that is dangerous ;)

NHale

If that's the best they can come up with, Sauber is fucked.

And if their argument is really about not being able to make him a seat for next weekend, then they are already setting up themselves to giving him the seat for Malaysia.

Unless their argument for Malaysia is that he never drove the new Ferrari in high humidity conditions.

DieH@rd

Banned
What's next? Will Sauber suddenly claim that they don't have molded seat for Guido even though he was a reserve driver for him last year [and he drove in practice sessions], or that they have completely changed seat mounting points? :D

kiyomi

"We're not actually a racing team! Er.. we're uh.. a corporate management team! Yes! That's it! Psst. Marcus. Shuffle those papers."

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
By that logic, Alonso and Button should not be allowed to drive either. They did not get enough practice during testing "in the new Honda".

Fisico

Considering that Baba ended up at the 2012 Suzuka race and met Alonso I'm going to assume the man is a fan.
fernando-alonso-hideo-baba-incontro-gallery-001.jpg

http://grandprix20.com/tag/hideo-baba/

Yeah also I remember back then than Baba was surprised because the Asbel chibi figure wasn't even released, so it was implied it was a custom one Alonso ordered (or someone made it for him?)

About Sauber driver line-up, IF VDG manage to get a seat, will it be Ericsson's or Nasr's?

itsgreen

Yeah also I remember back then than Baba was surprised because the Asbel chibi figure wasn't even released, so it was implied it was a custom one Alonso ordered (or someone made it for him?)

About Sauber driver line-up, IF VDG manage to get a seat, will it be Ericsson's or Nasr's?

I would say Nasr's because he was last, but he brings in most money (probably), so who knows...

Aiii

So not worth it
If VDG is gonna get a seat, they'll pay him off.

I still think he's getting the second Manor seat.

Lach

If they removed Nasr they'd probably be sued by Banco Brasil to remove their livery colours....

The sad thing about this is, that if VDG succeeds Sauber probably won't make it through the season as they'd loose either Nasr's and Ericcsons money (in addition to new law suits). Saubers management really dug themself a huge hole to bury themself in....

Leonsito

Alonso calls that figure Tomita, I think he bought it (or a fan gave it to him in 2012) in a shop in Japan with that same name.

His Instagram was full of pics of it, I don't think he's a fan of anything videogames related nor know where that figure is from.

Zeknurn

VDG will probably be happy with himself if he manages to to take down Sauber. Since he's obviously not planning on racing for a team where he forced himself into a seat.

Lach

He obviously IS planning on driving there. What makes you think otherwise?

Because his move pushes the team to the brink of bankruptcy. He knows that and the team (as in the mechanics etc. that will lose their jobs) know that. Even though he's in the right and the fault lies with the management, I doubt the personel will be welcoming...

Fox Mulder

If they removed Nasr they'd probably be sued by Banco Brasil to remove their livery colours....

The sad thing about this is, that if VDG succeeds Sauber probably won't make it through the season as they'd loose either Nasr's and Ericcsons money (in addition to new law suits). Saubers management really dug themself a huge hole to bury themself in....

It's their fault and seems like they only delayed the inevitable if they're this bad off.

itsgreen

Because his move pushes the team to the brink of bankruptcy. He knows that and the team (as in the mechanics etc. that will lose their jobs) know that. Even though he's in the right and the fault lies with the management, I doubt the personel will be welcoming...

They are professionals...

By that logic, Alonso and Button should not be allowed to drive either. They did not get enough practice during testing "in the new Honda".
At this point I'm still debating if Alonso even remembers driving the Honda.
That right there is a very interesting detail, dude's a super fan.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's their fault and seems like they only delayed the inevitable if they're this bad off.
That may be, but Van der Garde isn't really getting anything out of this other than the power to say, "I was right". He's going to hurt the team he's trying to drive for and no other team will touch him with a 10 foot pole after this.

dalin80

Banned
It could well be a vendetta against those at the top of sauber who ditched him. 'fine, sack me and I will take you all down with me.'

Also if he had a valid contract then he has every right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom