• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The hero GAF deserves: GAFman

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNum

I say the one on the left. If you're going with the one on the right, the pattern would likely need to change, because again: Deadpool.

So much great stuff in here :lol

GAF-Man truly is the DudeBro II of the GAF Off-Topic :D

EDIT: There should clearly be a villain called "Megaton" who teases GAF-Man with oh so awesome stuff and then Megaton's little helper "Letdown/Bomba" appears and everything goes down the crapper and GAF-Man has to save the day by finding out that Pikmin 3 is being made or something like that.

Opa-Opa

In the beginning when GAFMan was merely GAFBoy, learning the ropes under Bishop, Opa was one of GAFMan's best friends in the land of GAF. They were constant companions, often finding things to do, like playing Sega Dreamcast games, and bashing PS2 trolls. Opa was also viewed as an exemplary citizen of GAF, meriting some consideration for a position on the High GAF Council.

However, on the day GAFBoy became GAFMAN, a catastrophic event occurred in GAF. That event will forever be known as the Sega Crash. For, y'see, that was the day when Sega announced that it would no longer be a major purveyor of hardware in GAF, instead receding to the software side only. This greatly angered Opa, triggering a transformation from beloved citizen of GAF, to a mischief maker within the land.

The first assignment GAFMan ever received from Bishop, was the expulsion of Opa-Opa from the land of GAF.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Twoface.gif

Guest Villain/Anti-Hero: Paul E. Guy
Aliases: NeoCon, RINO, John Kerry, Mitt Romney

Background: Paul (poli) is a dual-personality'd pyschopath. Each of his personalities disagrees with the other on virtually everything -- except for one: the money belongs to me. The hard part is figuring out if "me" refers to the well-dressed sociopathic corporateer bent on global domination, astronomical wealth, and punishing everyone beneath him, or if "me" refers to the wild-eyed (and wild-haired) hippy bent on destroying the world's "oppressive" institutions one political correction at a time.

"Give the money to ME," each of his personalities demand, "I'll help those that need it most."

Weapons of Choice: Skewed data and flawed polls, graphs with non-zero Y-axes, spam bombs that make his enemies forget the topic at hand.

Weak Spot: talk of secession. "We don't agree on much, but that dude is a fucktard."

Davedough

Sirpopopop said:
Opa-Opa

... the land of GAF.

I like where this is going, but we need a better name than "the land of GAF".

GAFopolis?
GAFatopia?
GAFarnia?
GAFadelphia?
GAFageia?

I'm running out of suffixes.

Ezalc

Davedough said:
I like where this is going, but we need a better name than "the land of GAF".

GAFopolis?
GAFatopia?
GAFarnia?
GAFadelphia?
GAFageia?

I'm running out of suffixes.

GAFville.
GAFburg.
GAF City.
GAFland.
GAFapalloza.

Davedough

We could take a cue from the way England names some of their cities and just throw random words together.

GAFingtonburgshireham

Delio

GayGafman

GayGafman is a twinky boy who apon being shot with rainbow rays becomes a Burly bear man. Unfortunately both sides are two diffrent personas and often fight with each other with the choices they make in battle and real life. His greatest rival is Gafman hating all things Bro about him.

Weapon of choice is a Giant Dildosword that shoots the same Rainbow rays that gave life to him. Along with his trusty Shield to repell Hate!

Weakness - Shirtless men.

Any good? Gaygaf chime in.

Kinyou

Rapstah said:
Left beats right by far although using the actual GAF logo for his head too would be the most original in my opinion.
You mean like Captain Smiley?

comicjumperheader.jpg

Would agree with that. Going into a more comical direction than a badass one seems more fitting to me

Maddness

This has been pretty fun so far. I like doing sketches, even if my drawing style is really dirty.

Bjoern the Smexy said:
So much great stuff in here :lol

GAF-Man truly is the DudeBro II of the GAF Off-Topic :D

EDIT: There should clearly be a villain called "Megaton" who teases GAF-Man with oh so awesome stuff and then Megaton's little helper "Letdown/Bomba" appears and everything goes down the crapper and GAF-Man has to save the day by finding out that Pikmin 3 is being made or something like that.

I liked this idea of having a Megaton and a Bomba, so I started roughing out a Megaton type character and have a small sidekick for Bomba. Pretty sweet.

Here's what I've sketched out so far.

VQji0l.jpg

Teknoman

Divvy said:
Not obese enough.

Fitness topics, not drinking soda, and post a pic of yourself =

Most of GAF seems fit, looks good, and is decently healthy.

Davedough said:
I think you could employ the help of Cyan and company over at the creative writing side of things to come up with some good story panels for a Gafman comic. I've seen already at least 4 good artists in this thread that could contribute to a monthly release. I'd be willing to contribute a few words. I may not write as well as some of the guys in the creative writing thread, but I've got some good ideas.

Make it happen Gaf.

Professor Beef said:
Not too often, though. Make it happen only in cross-over specials.

Maddness said:
This has been pretty fun so far. I like doing sketches, even if my drawing style is really dirty.

I liked this idea of having a Megaton and a Bomba, so I started roughing out a Megaton type character and have a small sidekick for Bomba. Pretty sweet.

Here's what I've sketched out so far.

VQji0l.jpg

I like these ideas. Especially combining all things Gaming and Off-Topic.

Ezalc

Teknoman said:
Thats not exactly a bad thing :p Especially since you can really get pretty emotive with classic white eyes.
The eyes aren't even why. It's a bad thing because it obviously looks like a deadpool knock-off and that's boring. If we were to have our own hero then he at least needs to look distinctive not a recolor of an existing one.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Professor Beef said:
Not too often, though. Make it happen only in cross-over specials.

Yeah, more like a one-shot rather than a recurring series.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ezalc said:
The eyes aren't even why. It's a bad thing because it obviously looks like a deadpool knock-off and that's boring. If we were to have our own hero then he at least needs to look distinctive not a recolor of an existing one.

Plus, we always bitch about bald space marines on GAF. He is, in effect, bald...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This is what happens with game development, by the way. An idea! Now, let us focus test the living fuck out it so we drain the creator's spirit and intent!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
GAF man needs more sparks.

We also need more of Sonic's shitty friends to fuck everything up.

Chinner's bulge isn't big enough.

Regular dude morphs into GAFman with the mighty power of the SuperKyro.

GAFman needs some kind of "megaton" move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom