• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |OT2| Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonnyram

Peru said:
Anyone played the new Cave game? On the surface it doesn't look too interesting, but is it good? I just want them to keep putting out bullet hell, and I'm not really sure what genre to put this one in.
IT'S. NOT. OUT. YET.
But I will buy day one regardless.

Bigfoot

Anyone have Star Wars: Battle for Hoth? Is it any good? It is on sale for $0.99 right now. It is a Star Wars TD game for those that haven't heard of it.

Magnus

Angry Birds constitutes my best use of $1 this year. I'm quite happy. First game I've ever bought from iTunes too. :lol

Any similar suggestions for great pick up and play for 5-10 minutes at at time?

And does anyone know when FFTactics is supposed to land? I've got War of the Lions for the PSP, but I'm hoping that the slowdown is dealt with in the iPhone version, and I've also got my phone with my all the time and barely drag the PSP out anymore, it's just too damned big.

Minsc

Gold Member
Magnus said:
Angry Birds constitutes my best use of $1 this year. I'm quite happy. First game I've ever bought from iTunes too. :lol

And does anyone know when FFTactics is supposed to land? I've got War of the Lions for the PSP, but I'm hoping that the slowdown is dealt with in the iPhone version, and I've also got my phone with my all the time and barely drag the PSP out anymore, it's just too damned big.

Cut the Rope and FFT has no date, my best guess based on how it looked last they updated would be late 2011.

Porthos said:
Anyone have Star Wars: Battle for Hoth? Is it any good? It is on sale for $0.99 right now. It is a Star Wars TD game for those that haven't heard of it.

Didn't review too favorably or look that great (stiff animation) from the preview I saw, so I avoided it.

Struct09

Magnus said:

Cut the Rope

Zanosuke

Magnus said:

1. Cut the Rope
2. Fruit Ninja (I love the arcade mode!)
3. Cat Physics
4. Tilt to Live

Foob

fuck it i bought steambirds

a shame the developers said there will be no online gc support, but this is still a really fun game

basically a turn based world war 2 dog fighting game, at it's simplest. only a buck, so if you're even a bit interested I'd recommend it!

heringer

Posted in the OT but will post here too. About Game Dev Story.

How can I name my games? My games are named "Game #1", "Game #2", etc.

Also, how can I upgrade the number of staff members?

edit: nevermind, it's at the end of development. Weird.

Echoes

Foob said:

a shame the developers said there will be no online gc support, but this is still a really fun game

basically a turn based world war 2 dog fighting game, at it's simplest. only a buck, so if you're even a bit interested I'd recommend it!
Bought it blindly after knowing that DannyB composed the soundtrack, and I'm not disappointed. Terrific game! I love the high level of polish in their games.

Minsc

Gold Member
Benedict said:
Rimelands: Hammer of Thor has dropped to $0.99 (7 sek).

Played really well the short time I've had time to try it.
Will probably one of my most played games this week.

Nice. Already bought it, but the article also mentions there is an update in the works, that should hit before the holidays, which will add retina display support for the game, and cut scenes, as well as AI tweaks, bug fixes, and end game content, including harder bosses and a repeatable dungeon. So even if you aren't planning on playing it right away, $.99 might look a little more tempting knowing retina display support is coming along with additional content!

Jal

Bit Trip beat 99c Controls are shite though?

Trenches 99c any good?

x-fighter 2 free Crap

Drift Mania Championship Free Don't have enough space to try this.

Drift+Mania+Championship+6.jpg

Arlon : Sword & Shadow looks amazing, their first game was a good starting point and I am glad to see they can make such a detailed game on their 2nd try :D

*edit* out this christmas :eek:

*edit2* sweet pineapples, making a backup of my itunes apps adding them to the last backup I did on an external and i'm now at 10.1 GB worth of apps, that shit builds up :lol

Yeah... it wasn't until I just re-read my post right now that I thought, "Wait... if it's free... why don't I just try it myself..." And sure enough, I scroll down and that's exactly what everyone else said. DEERRRRPPP

been holding off on Bit.Trip Beat until I get through more of my backlog, but can't say no to it for only a buck

EDIT: eeeeeexcept that it doesn't work on a 3G.. glad I tried to download directly from my phone instead of itunes.. i never read those compatibility / requirements notes carefully

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Vyer said:
Man, I'm really enjoying Galaxy on Fire 2. I may end up playing it more than I have Game Dev Story.
That's what happened to me but at least you get an achievement for it

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Aralon and Shadow Sun (Shadow Dawn? I forget) have me panting for their respective releases. I was very interested in Epic Citadel/Infinity Blade until I heard it was going to be more of a one on one fighting game than anything, but that recent trailer suggests that there will be some adventuring as well, so it's once again climbing up my anticipation lists!

Koodo

Banned
I just got Fruit Ninja and so that means I will be bumping most of you down a spot on the leaderboards.

Sorry. ü

Edit: #1 on Zen Mode already. ü ü ü

starmud

Bit Trip Beat is on sale, 99 cents

edit: beat x___x

the game is worth a buck IMO, i wouldn't say its worth much more though.

my main bitch is the games control positioning. your fingers easily get in the way and it can become really frustrating in some levels. i have heard some people complain about the game running very poorly (controls not responsive), which seems to be happening more on older iphones/touches.

Psy-Phi

starmud said:
Bit Trip Beat is on sale, 99 cents

edit: beat x___x

the game is worth a buck IMO, i wouldn't say its worth much more though.

my main bitch is the games control positioning. your fingers easily get in the way and it can become really frustrating in some levels. i have heard some people complain about the game running very poorly (controls not responsive), which seems to be happening more on older iphones/touches.
Play it with the accelerometer the way the game was designed. Plays just like the I remember on the Wii version.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Koodo said:
I just got Fruit Ninja and so that means I will be bumping most of you down a spot on the leaderboards.

Sorry. ü

Edit: #1 on Zen Mode already. ü ü ü
Without mentioning a score, this little factoid is meaningless.

Koodo

Banned
Whimsical Phil said:
Without mentioning a score, this little factoid is meaningless.
Oh. I just assume interested people can check since I have a lot of Gaffers added on GC. :lol

It's 242. ü

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Koodo said:
Oh. I just assume interested people can check since I have a lot of Gaffers added on GC. :lol

It's 242. ü
Well, you don't have me. :D

Although you're only three points ahead of me currently. Which would still make you #2 on my friend's list. :p

japtor

Magnus said:

Pac-Man CE! There's a 5 minute time limit so you know you're not killing hours on end in the bathroom and getting hemorrhoids!
Foob said:

No multi is disappointing cause it'd be really awesome for it. Are there any other turn based games like it that are multi on the store? I know there are space and submarine games like it on the PC but I like SteamBirds cause it's relatively simple to play.

I did run into a nasty bug twice yesterday, not sure if it affects everyone or not yet (I'm playing the iPhone one on iPad with 4.2). I got a low battery warning then when I hit the next step button it assumed I wanted to quit, the second time it happened was on another low battery warning. Both times I was pretty deep into a level without damage so it sucked.
Jal said:
Drift Mania Championship Free Don't have enough space to try this.
I got this a while back and play it occasionally. It's ok if (a huge if) you can get used to the controls, if you don't you'll just be sliding back and forth and going off track and hitting the walls and stuff. I still don't really get them (can't pass the last track or two) but I've gotten used to it enough to somewhat enjoy it. If you've seen Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift it's basically like the big chase scene where no one can drive straight.

Tobor

Fusebox said:
Universal, unofficial Minecraft client for 99c called "Minecrafted"

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minecrafted/id400153353?mt=8

Supposedly you need a minecraft alpha account, trying it now.

edit- Multiplayer only, no survival mode. Draw distance is limited and it takes a while to connect but it works. I suppose it could be could for emergencies but I'd prefer single player survival.
Holy shit. If he can get singleplayer working he can have all my money.

heringer

Just finished Ultimate Spider-Man: Total Mayhem. When you finish the game the black suit is unlocked, and it actually change your moveset. It's pretty cool.

Game is really fun. I think it's the best Gameloft game because it allowed them to focus on their strenghts: graphics and gameplay. They should be doing more licenced games because that way they don't have to worry about creating original stuff (which they suck at), it's all laid out for them, for the most part anyway.

Price may be a bit steep for some people (6.99), but it was well worth it to me. It's short on content (about 4 hours) but there's some replayability with a new costume, better scores, getting all artworks and photos, etc. Besides, it's a fun game to play.

Maybe I will check Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions...

randomwab

Fusebox said:

edit- Multiplayer only, no survival mode. Draw distance is limited and it takes a while to connect but it works. I suppose it could be could for emergencies but I'd prefer single player survival.

It seems to have been pulled. I grabbed it last night, and it's fun to have some sort of Minecraft on my iPhone. God damn, I hope Notch allows someone to develop a proper iPhone port with Single player Survivor.

IceMarker

Fusebox said:

Isn't that illegal anyways considering this guy is making money off of Notch's game without his approval?

Well at least it was pulled. Still cool idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom