• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming |OT2| Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikespit1200 said:
There's no purchased games list in iTunes is there? It's kind of annoying that I have to remember which games I've purchased and then hit buy and hope to god I get the "you have already purchased this app" message. Would also be nice to see which games I've purchased are universal for iPad.
Account history should list your buys but it's a real muddle, you can check it out in itunes under your account somewhere.

SmokyDave

mikespit1200 said:
There's no purchased games list in iTunes is there? It's kind of annoying that I have to remember which games I've purchased and then hit buy and hope to god I get the "you have already purchased this app" message. Would also be nice to see which games I've purchased are universal for iPad.
In the iTunes 'apps' section, your games are split between Universal, iPhone only and iPad only. You can also choose to only view universal apps when you sync your device.

Actually finding what you've purchased through the store, rather than through iTunes, is a bloody nightmare. I've bought a couple of items by accident thinking I was re-downloading stuff I already owned. Would it be that difficult to indicate an item has been purchased? Just change the price to 're-download' or something!

wondermega

287504.png

Our puzzle game 180 has been updated (new icon as per many a gaffer's request, among some other changes)

Help an indie out and rate & review (link above) if you enjoy our game. Thanks folks!

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Is Pool Bar the best billiards game on iOS? I like it, but can't help but think that there's something better out there...

Glass Joe

Speaking of free space shooters, I came across one called Super Laser: The Alien Fighter that's free at the moment. It's pretty good... Only 6 stages, not too frustrating, and visually it's quite impressive. I think most shmup fans would enjoy it.

wondermega

Glass Joe said:
Speaking of free space shooters, I came across one called Super Laser: The Alien Fighter that's free at the moment. It's pretty good... Only 6 stages, not too frustrating, and visually it's quite impressive. I think most shmup fans would enjoy it.

I keep breezing past it, thanks for reminding me. It looks pretty sharp, will grab it now!

mzl.tbzfficb.320x480-75.jpg

To be honest there's so many games going free these days that it's really hard to keep up. Speaking of which, make sure to grab (fellow gaf poster) mrWalrus' Synth Racing as it's free for the moment as well!

I discovered GodVille and I got addicted.

Is a very strange "game", where you have a hero that live their own adventures in real time (so the game continue running 24h, like a social game), and you don't control the hero directly. You are his God and you encourage or punish his actions, or write "messages" that your hero can follow or not.

The game is text-based, with a twitter-like format. But is very funny, because all the things that your hero write in his diary are parodies from fantasy books & movies.

Aaron

Glass Joe said:
There's quite a few of these. The problem is the controls of all of them suck compared to Cave releases, and SI: Infinity Gene. There's a weird lag that makes them terrible to me.

heringer

Hey, Resident Evil 4 is pretty good, judging by the Lite version. The game itself is severely watered down (which is to be expected), but I was surprised at how well they managed to reproduce the core gameplay. It looks like Resi 4 and plays like Resi 4. The headshot / kick combo is as fun as ever.

I wish Degeneration was this good.

Kinda makes me curious to play Street Fighter 4. But eh, I'm not paying 10 bucks for it until they add online multiplayer.

Ledsen

Aaron said:
There's quite a few of these. The problem is the controls of all of them suck compared to Cave releases, and SI: Infinity Gene. There's a weird lag that makes them terrible to me.

I tried Tyrian and was so disappointed with the controls. Instead of the "stick" getting centered wherever you put your finger like in Cave games, your ship moves to where you touched. Made the game unplayable :(

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Guys, I need some SCUMM-like adventure games on Ipad. Are there any decent ones besides Monkey Island series?

gogojira

Bought and beat Cut the Rope on iPad today. It's cool, but shorter and easier than I expected. Then again, it's only 1.99.

It didn't give me three achievements I know I earned -- 300 stars and beating two of the four worlds. It's kind of weird and I know I should get 'em, I three starred every level (and I can clearly see I have a total of 300 stars).

Ah well.

Fusebox

Banned
mikespit1200 said:

It's horrible, if I'm not sure I search my gmail for the game title because that's where all my iTines receipts are sent.

Shaneus

wondermega said:
I keep breezing past it, thanks for reminding me. It looks pretty sharp, will grab it now!

mzl.tbzfficb.320x480-75.jpg

To be honest there's so many games going free these days that it's really hard to keep up. Speaking of which, make sure to grab (fellow gaf poster) mrWalrus' Synth Racing as it's free for the moment as well!
Holy shit... Xenon 2, is that you?
2it3cdh.png

PS. As if Xenon 2 (or any other of Bitmap Brothers' games) wouldn't be insane on iPhone. Would have to be a piss-easy job to port.

deim0s

subversus said:
Guys, I need some SCUMM-like adventure games on Ipad. Are there any decent ones besides Monkey Island series?

I've seen somewhere that Space Quest is being finished to run on the iPhone/iPad browser.

Anyone, Robokill any good? It seems like a SmashTV/Robotron-esque game.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Shaneus said:
Holy shit... Xenon 2, is that you?
http://i53.tinypic.com/2it3cdh.png
Haha nice.

PS. As if Xenon 2 (or any other of Bitmap Brothers' games) wouldn't be insane on iPhone. Would have to be a piss-easy job to port.
Well, the code is hand-crafted for ancient hardware; probably not as easy as one might think. But doable, certainly.

Bitmap Brothers aren't making games anymore though. ImageWorks is dead as well. Same goes for The Assembly Line. Don't know where the license for Xenon is hanging out.

heringer

Just got a $25 gift card. I want to buy some games. So far I'm getting Vampire Origins, liked the demo and it's only 0.99.

Is Assassin's Creed 2 Discovery any good? Maybe I'll get that too.

I bought an Iphone 4 recently, so I'm sure there's a lot of great games that don't even show up on the App store unless you search for them. Anything comes to mind?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Kai said:
So for those that have played both - which is better - Galaxy on Fire 2 or Star Battalion?

That would be like asking which is better between Privateer and Star Fox.
Sure, comparisons can be drawn, but they scratch completely different itches, IMHO.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Glass Joe said:

Finally! I've been telling u guys about that one fir a minute now. Can't wait to see what they come out with next.

wes-

This cheat-score for Fruit Ninja arcade is insane: 6436
Wonder if somehow this will be banned in the future, certainly hope so.

Glass Joe

DaCocoBrova said:
Finally! I've been telling u guys about that one fir a minute now. Can't wait to see what they come out with next.

Yeah Super Laser is pretty fun, I gave it a 4 out of 5 in my Review Blog that I started for the hell of it. I wish the game was longer, though, I want more... It looks like they have another shooter called iFighter, but I'm not sure if it's older or newer than Super Laser.

Any other good shmups out there? I've heard good things about Espgaluda II but don't think I'm gonna pay $8.99 (holy crap!) for an iPhone shooter. I know R-Type is also available, but that game is brutal enough go at it on Wiiware, let alone with touch controls. Radiant, a Space Invaders / Asteroids hybrid is pretty cool but starts out slow.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, Pro Zombie Soccer sort of qualifies as a shooter. That's a quality game too.

Aaron

Glass Joe said:
Any other good shmups out there? I've heard good things about Espgaluda II but don't think I'm gonna pay $8.99 (holy crap!) for an iPhone shooter.
Wow, you don't even know what decent shooters are yet. Try the demo.

Giard

Glass Joe said:
Yeah Super Laser is pretty fun, I gave it a 4 out of 5 in my Review Blog that I started for the hell of it. I wish the game was longer, though, I want more... It looks like they have another shooter called iFighter, but I'm not sure if it's older or newer than Super Laser.

Any other good shmups out there? I've heard good things about Espgaluda II but don't think I'm gonna pay $8.99 (holy crap!) for an iPhone shooter. I know R-Type is also available, but that game is brutal enough go at it on Wiiware, let alone with touch controls. Radiant, a Space Invaders / Asteroids hybrid is pretty cool but starts out slow.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, Pro Zombie Soccer sort of qualifies as a shooter. That's a quality game too.

For free, rRootage Free is great IMO.

Glass Joe

Giard said:
For free, rRootage Free is great IMO.

Thanks, I'll give that a look... I'm playing through iFighter 1945 right now, it uses the same engine as Super Laser... It's not bad, but not very thrilling either. Sort of bland in comparison. Seems a lot easier so far too.

japtor

Glass Joe said:
Thanks, I'll give that a look... I'm playing through iFighter 1945 right now, it uses the same engine as Super Laser... It's not bad, but not very thrilling either. Sort of bland in comparison. Seems a lot easier so far too.
Looks like they Gamelofted the Strikers 1945 series. But more shamelessly.

And pay the $9 for one of the Cave games (I'd say DDP is the better one on iPhone for various reasons). Instead of wasting money on a bunch of $1-2 crapfests you might as well skip some and get the one (or both!) good one(s).

Glass Joe

japtor said:
Looks like they Gamelofted the Strikers 1945 series. But more shamelessly.

And pay the $9 for one of the Cave games (I'd say DDP is the better one on iPhone for various reasons). Instead of wasting money on a bunch of $1-2 crapfests you might as well skip some and get the one (or both!) good one(s).

I d/l upon suggestion the lite version of Espgaluda 2... It's too short for me to really describe whether or not it's worth the money. It's crazy graphically and definitely exciting, and it controls great... but I'm not sure if I was good at the game or if the graphics are just wild. I had fun, but for $9, I'm not sold on the full version just yet.

I will say it's much better than xFighter 2, which is "free" at the moment. However, "free" for a day (or however long it places itself) is totally false in that you get stuck with an ad version. Also (at least for me) the game frickin freezes before it can EVEN be played. Wasting the time to download this pissed me right off.

Yoshiya

C-Jo said:
I don't know anything about it, but I just picked up Assassin's Creed: Altair's Chronicles for $0.99.

Thanks for this, bought! I think I'll pick up an iPad soon, so this'll be something to try it out with. I read that games in HD for iPhone 4 run at almost full res on iPad (I was worried that iPad would run the games like a 3GS) , so for $1.20 this'll be worth it

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Anyone have any impressions of the Bit.Trip extra levels? I like the game a lot but the only mode I can play well is the first one, the last one is just obscenely hard (touch controls here). What is the difficulty level like on the DLC?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Think I'll post some pics of star battalion and galaxy on fire 2 to show some of the differences and plus I am bored.

Galaxy on fire 2

ba8764c9.jpg

276f18c2.jpg

Star Battalion

38dc58f0.jpg

def3d383.jpg

And some artwork from the Star Battalion comic free on iTunes

acf10122.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Bout to go on a trip. Any highlight releases from the past month or so? Only stuff I don't like is 3d consolelikes

Echoes

AstroLad said:
Bout to go on a trip. Any highlight releases from the past month or so? Only stuff I don't like is 3d consolelikes
Personal favorites: Time Geeks (also: eBoy Fix Pix). Astronaut. SteamBirds. Storybook. Linkoidz. Trainyard.

elektrixx said:
Did anyone else notice in Bit Trip Beat when you go the the "More Levels" page the logo changes?

[IG]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/elektrixx/2cafc147.jpg[/IMG]

to

[IG]http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx167/elektrixx/75b74b98.jpg[/IMG]
The extra levels take the music from Bit.Trip Void and make Beat levels out of them. I guess Namco made the new levels, not Gaijin Games. Still, Void has a really good soundtrack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom