• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian: Review Thread

Karak

Ya sort of what I meant in the other thread when I said people should prepare for a huge spread on this one even versus many others lately.

TheSixthAxis - 8/10

All round, The Last Guardian feels meticulously pieced together and is easily one of the PlayStation 4’s stronger exclusive titles. It’s risky and unconventional, flouting modern design practices in a way that few other AAA game would dare to in 2016. Although far from perfect and a little worn from age, it’s a one of a kind experience and hopefully won’t be the last we see from Fumito Ueda and this enchanting world.

Kilvin

Guys im scared. im shaking. I am cold.

it hurts all over my body. the reason why I got a PS3 has come to this day. the reason why I started playing the early Adventure games like Okami and Limbo and Journey and Zelda... it was all because of this day. because of this game.

this game that will not only be the last significant game of all time. but also the game that will counter-attack and kill Overwatch and all the other "Omg online phenomenon". Red vs blue on this... its going to be... I cant write anymore. I cant. I have to hide under my desk.

I just cant. I just cant....

What is this in reference to? Could someone link to the original source material?

SomTervo

This is a more extreme spread than I expected!

What is this in reference to? Could someone link to the original source material?

It's literally just Ostin's reaction to the reality of the game coming out. Sort of uncanny anxiety. (I think.)

Zia

"Chrstian Donlan called it Essential and Simon Parkin said it was his Game of the Year, but IGN gave it a 7 so AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Anoxida

You want to cancel because you focused on the negative reviews?

Come on now.
Skimming thru some reviews it's obvious game had camera, control and performance issues. That's enough for me to pass on this. It might be a great game in there but shitty camera and controls are inexcusable for me nowadays. It's not the 90s.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They're not really all over the place. You have a distribution from 6.5-9 with mostnscores in a narrow range. Not like you're seeing 2s and 3s.

Hanmik

looks like my review didn't go online when it was supposed to.. my editor was probably busy..

but Jim Sterling's review reads Exactly like mine...

I so wanted to love this game.. I almost cried during the game.. from pure frustration with the control scheme, shit camera and Toriko ...

Audioboxer

High 70s is my bet. Will take time to read reviews but I bet those scoring it around 7 or less moan about controls.

Slant Mag and Jim and Polygon. Pretty popular review sites to score a game so low.

Guess this will definitely be a controversial game if more sites like Eurogamer are praising it.

SHIT. 7/10 IGN.

#1 website for games is going to influence a lot of perceptions :(

Top Bottom