• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 and Iron Man VR Delayed

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I know, but over the last week or so I've heard people asking (demanding) ND delay this game because they thought it is insensitive admits this outbreak. Just seemed too coincidental, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.
RE3 still releasing, they prob had all their physical orders ready to go, printing fpr TLOU porb wouldndt have started until a few more weeks and thats when things are going to escalate in north america.

Bryank75

Banned
Not to worry. The game is done...we will play it but it's important to savor the moment a big game like this comes out and now is not the right time.

hunthunt

Banned
Understable.

After all they touch themes like pandemics and end of the world in a serious, 'realistic' and very dark way (compared with Resident Evil for example)

Pretty sure they will release together with Ps5 in November, which will make PS5 sell like toilet paper. lol

HotPocket69

Banned
Please don’t delay Cyberpunk Please don’t delay Cyberpunk Please don’t delay Cyberpunk Please don’t delay Cyberpunk

Could this be because the next trend in lockdown fashion is going to be bans of non essential sales at retail stores?

Link courtesy of @Sub_Level from the OT Corona thread.
Dumbest thing ever

Romulus

Here's a gameplay preview thread of Iron Man VR from last year.

As a big TLOU fan, I'm actually more excited about Iron Man. It doesn't have the star power install base because its PSVR, but damn this sounds good.

Last edited:
This really sucks, 2020 is going to be one of (if not) the worst fiscal years for the entertainment industry as a whole. It's understandable but it sucks as fan.

SmokSmog

8a8030b1e7e8bf589c8c52fef4535fa83d879f1a2d1fe20a5ae3aaa4b26e4a1c.jpg

MiguelItUp

That's a shame honestly. Wasn't really expecting this at all considering so many companies are still functioning and just taking "extra precautions." Not the best practice of course, but it's clear that companies that may not be "essential" are still going strong.

I guess I can selfishly say I'm glad I'm not super hyped or looking forward to this one.

J3nga

Gamers really need this guy right now

w3uVUcq.jpg

Opens terminal
Deliveries:
The last of us Part II physical copies 50kg

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Hate to be that guy.....BUT financially it looks better for them to NOT release titles that would have a positive impact on their bottom line. I know that sounds dumb.....but when you receive stimulus funds that are compare things like YoY revenue and you are getting money to help offset the cost of labor/payroll.....its better not have have a crap ton of cash hitting your books.

The longer they go without getting revenue the more stimulus (in the from of cash or tax deductions or whatever) $$$ they can qualify for.

This is really important if you have insurance against things like "acts of god"......can be a windfall in insurance claims.

Also, the game will have to be a monster to download.....maybe that cannot ensure all people will get to play it at the same time. This would lead to people just watching it on Twitch/Youtube and this could be a larger threat to their sales numbers?

Last edited:

splattered

Another thing to consider... if Sony did release the game now digitally and everyone ends up beating it in 10 hours and wants a refund that would be a huge nightmare for Sony. One and done games like this that are physical are often times put on the shelf and forgotten about or traded in later towards something new.

If they put it out in the wild digitally it would do really well for a month or two but then Sony would be hammered with refund requests.

(Ha)

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's a shame honestly. Wasn't really expecting this at all considering so many companies are still functioning and just taking "extra precautions." Not the best practice of course, but it's clear that companies that may not be "essential" are still going strong.

I guess I can selfishly say I'm glad I'm not super hyped or looking forward to this one.
Although the stock market has crash and burned the past month and a half, gaming companies and grocery stores have held up great.

People are stocking up on food and sitting at home watching movies and playing games.

If anything, this is a great time to release the game.

Although, I can see Sony bailing, since anyone wanting disc copies might not be able to get them easily. And if that happens, sales will be lower, digital gamers will buy it and post videos and those disc gamers waiting will watch the videos and many will bail as they just saw someone play through the game.

My company is in full force operational. Just sucks that the office staff have to work from home. We're shipping out tons of product to stores. It's got so tight, many similar companies are out of stock of supply and the retailers and manufacturers are working together what to do.

For example, one strategy to produce the most amount of product is to focus only making the key products, and not the whole selection.

Last edited:

hunthunt

Banned
Also, the game will have to be a monster to download.....maybe that cannot ensure all people will get to play it at the same time. This would lead to people just watching it on Twitch/Youtube and this could be a larger threat to their sales numbers?

Its 2 bluray, literally 100 GB of data + day one patches

People talking about how "they should have released just digital" are clueless.

Bartski

Gold Member
If ND&Sony were CDPRed they'd probably just keep the date and send out download codes to whoever preordered the delayed physical copy

Fbh

We need a dislike button for this. "Triggered" isn't appropriate 😒

Also.

Why the FUCK cant they release digitally? Hollywood adapted. With tons of digital releases. Why cant the games industry adapt.

Has any big movie actually forgone theaters due to this and gone with a digital release? The cheap-ish stuff that probably didn't have crazy revenue expectations got a digital release. But as far as I know all the heavy hitters like James Bond, Black Widow, Wonder Woman, Mulan, Top Gun, etc simply got pushed back.

Mista

Banned
Oh yes very "understandable" with the "shipping problem" If its ready then they can simply release digitally. Why other games are being released then?

They're in the same industry so they should have the same problem but here they are releasing on time. The amount of excuses this studio gets are laughable

I can also guarantee you if Neil the clown leaves, ND will be in a better place with all the talent they have. But hey, its "understandable" :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Makes sense realy with spoilers as they are. Not sure why Ironman been held back though as that’s a VR game and easier for digital realy

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Sounds like the PS5 will have a killer AAA title at launch.
I don’t think Microsoft likes this news.

So they did this in order to (maybe) make more money ? This game should have already being released last year IMO. They never should have given Naughty Dog such freedom.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sounds like the PS5 will have a killer AAA title at launch.
I don’t think Microsoft likes this news.
Sony hates the news.

Like they did with PS3/PS4 is release PS4 remasters for extra money/double dipping.

Sony shot themselves in the foot. They cant sell boatloads of PS4 copies and then get PS5 gamers to buy a remaster later.

Knowing Sony's track record, they'll probably do a remaster/up-port or extra money then do something like MS where you buy the game once and it plays on all recent devices.

mango drank

Shame. Seemed like a great game to play during the apocalypse. The reasoning that the game deals with themes that hit too close to home doesn't make sense, because apocalyptic fiction is booming right now. Maybe some weirdo parent group would call for a boycott of the game on Fox News, but who cares?

Also the margins from a digital sale at $60 are I imagine way higher than a physical sale at $60.

At least release a digital demo or something in May.

That's pretty fucking masterful : D
Microsoft are master minds. Don't have to worry about delaying games if you don't have any on the way.
If Cyberpunk is delayed I think I'll have to schedule my suicide for earlier in the year. No way I can put it off until 2021.
Seriously bro. Can you not? This broke my heart. I know people joke a lot, but in this day in age people say shit like this and then live stream it.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Microsoft are master minds. Don't have to worry about delaying games if you don't have any on the way.

Seriously bro. Can you not? This broke my heart. I know people joke a lot, but in this day in age people say shit like this and then live stream it.
I just find this type of internet pictures funny, nothing more, stop being fucking insecure about transparent trolling.

Top Bottom