• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 - Media Event Dated

Did you like the 1st one? because it had similar themes and nothing is coming out of nowhere in the series so far. You guys should learn to not be upset every time there is some less conformist character(s) on the screen.

Otherwise you're just doing the same thing that you blame on the other side: just replace "white dude" with "gay ladies" as whatever you oppose to.

Mista

Banned
Did you like the 1st one? because it had similar themes and nothing is coming out of nowhere in the series so far. You guys should learn to not be upset every time there is some less conformist character(s) on the screen.

Otherwise you're just doing the same thing that you blame on the other side: just replace "white dude" with "gay ladies" as whatever you oppose to.
I liked the first one yes. I’ll probably get this one too if they aren’t pushing lots of shit

scalman

I-Will-Find-You-And-I-Will-Kill-You-Liam-Neeson-In-Taken.gif

JLMC469

Banned
Also Uncharted is deeper, more dynamic because of traversal, deeper climbing, zipping along lines, etc. Gears is static asf and very generic and limited. Shit is basically run slanted like a drunk (worst shit imo), take cover and shoot. I was playing mp and a few short walls you can vault over but some walls a little higher you cant🤔 thts corny. Gears can never compare to Uncharted in gameplay. Combat overall and its animations are also on another level in Uncharted. Ppl talk about Gears being higher fps but don't talk about its static ass gameplay and copying more open level designs tht are empty and nowhere as good as UC or God of War who thy copied.

I personally think the gunplay in Gears is superior than Uncharted and TLOU. That being said, I'm not a fan (although I know is a choice made by the developer) of being "grounded", feeling like a tank and not being able to jump. This is why I have always preferred Uncharted's gameplay.

The gunplay I Gears 5 (playing @ 60 fps on the X) is sublime.

kungfuian

Based on trends (and the Lost Legacy) I'm 99% confident Naughty Dog goes to semi open world/wide linear for part 2 (with some linear parts as needed). Guess well find out soon enough.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I personally think the gunplay in Gears is superior than Uncharted and TLOU. That being said, I'm not a fan (although I know is a choice made by the developer) of being "grounded", feeling like a tank and not being able to jump. This is why I have always preferred Uncharted's gameplay.

The gunplay I Gears 5 (playing @ 60 fps on the X) is sublime.

Sublime lol?,, uncharted does so much more. Gears is generic, static, asf please point me to what's sublime I got. Bored after 30 min it was lame gears 4.5

JLMC469

Banned
Sublime lol?,, uncharted does so much more. Gears is generic, static, asf please point me to what's sublime I got. Bored after 30 min it was lame gears 4.5

Guess people have different opinions?

Like I said, IMO Gears has better gunplay and Uncharted better gameplay mechanics.

Mista

Banned
It's funny, judging by so many of your posts here it's like you are the bizarro version of the people you seem to harbor so much hate for. You get triggered so easily at the mention of trans or gay or SJW. It's really fascinating to watch.
Not at all. I just hate forced shit that’s all

I never said I hated anyone. Cheers

Shagger

Banned
It is, believe it or not, possible to have an LGBTQ character (or characters) in a game and not have it be so called "SJW Pandering". Ellie, Riley and Bill are all great characters (and I'm sure Dina will be as well) and them being gay may not add that much and not be strictly necessary, but it doesn't stop these great characters from being great characters. That's not a lazy check in the box, that's something with debth and effort.

For me thought, it does add something because the social politics of the world in TLOU is interesting. Prejudice is a great reflection of those social politics, especially in this games post apocalyptic world. Has society become to focased on the clinical aspects of survival to really care about things like race and sexual orientation, or has a desperate search for hope lead a culture to embrace more archeic, extreme religious beliefs with the accompanying brutality (possibly like the cult). This may be explored more in the second game, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not saying that check in the box pandering isn't a real thing. I see it often enough and it's annoying, but what how can an individual who has no experience of the releated prejudice decide when it is and when isn't? We can't, not really. The best that we can do is listen, learn, respect and encourage the same within others as well as judge characters they way they should be in our games. Are they well written, relatable, are the motivations and drives well explained, are the blessed with recognisable traits, do they provoke emotions in you as the player and so on.

A show of respect, acknowledgment and inclusion through a well written character is not pandering. Just because it's something and SJW wanted doesn't mean that there were listened to, or even. They only gain power in these situations when people accredit them, so stop doing so. Let silence send a clearer message than noise. Just some advice.

scalman

thats one game that i remember till now i remember begiing of it middle and the end i remember what they spoke what they did and such, not many game i remember them after some time there, so this is special and i hope it will blow my mind when i will play new part 2 of it .

It is, believe it or not, possible to have an LGBTQ character (or characters) in a game and not have it be so called "SJW Pandering". Ellie, Riley and Bill are all great characters (and I'm sure Dina will be as well) and them being gay may not add that much and not be strictly necessary, but it doesn't stop these great characters from being great characters. That's not a lazy check in the box, that's something with debth and effort.

For me thought, it does add something because the social politics of the world in TLOU is interesting. Prejudice is a great reflection of those social politics, especially in this games post apocalyptic world. Has society become to focased on the clinical aspects of survival to really care about things like race and sexual orientation, or has a desperate search for hope lead a culture to embrace more archeic, extreme religious beliefs with the accompanying brutality (possibly like the cult). This may be explored more in the second game, we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not saying that check in the box pandering isn't a real thing. I see it often enough and it's annoying, but what how can an individual who has no experience of the releated prejudice decide when it is and when isn't? We can't, not really. The best that we can do is listen, learn, respect and encourage the same within others as well as judge characters they way they should be in our games. Are they well written, relatable, are the motivations and drives well explained, are the blessed with recognisable traits, do they provoke emotions in you as the player and so on.

A show of respect, acknowledgment and inclusion through a well written character is not pandering. Just because it's something and SJW wanted doesn't mean that there were listened to, or even. They only gain power in these situations when people accredit them, so stop doing so. Let silence send a clearer message than noise. Just some advice.

Good post. In the case of The Last of Us there was nothing forced. For the longest time you never would've figured Ellie was gay. The dlc brought it to the forefront and that whole story was told in a mature, realistic way.

They release a TLOU 2 trailer of Ellie dancing and then kissing another girl and all of a sudden the neckbeards lose their shit. It's kinda pathetic.

Not at all. I just hate forced shit that’s all

I never said I hated anyone. Cheers

If Ellie being gay and the way it was represented in the first game and it's dlc is too much for you and you feel that it's forced....wew lad...

Keihart

In my eyes ND fucked up Uncharted multiplayer by removing so many features of the SP gameplay and adding so much padding just to make it more "team based" in 4, the whole point of the game was to feel like an action heroe and they slowed down the game just becuase TLoU MP was really popular.
If we get a MP reveal, i hope they don't fuck too much with it, the foundation works no need to break it to fix it. I think that the smart move is to make it a battle royale, the mechanics with crafting and scavenging accommodates it pretty well and the tech is focused on making bigger arenas so it would make sense. I really hope they do it, it would easily be the best battle royale since the combat can be so good in TLoU.

Top Bottom