• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part I |OT| You know Ellie, we really are worth 70 dollars

What's BS is that in order to get the "next gen" experience out of this, we have to play it at 30 fps, even though the Ps5 should be powerful enough to handle some kind of dynamic 1800p at 60. Because Sony's VRR sucks the people that have VRR tvs can't get a smooth experience at 40 fps ( if it was unlocked and could go above 40 like on xbox they'd be able to get a smoothes out experience). That's very disappointing.

Naughty Dog really should do everything in their power to implement DRS or else the PC version is gonna make the ps5 version look really bad. Console gamers won't complain though even with Sony giving us the short end of the stick whenever a PC version releases. It's kinda like Days Gone, God of War, and Horizon. If Sony really respected their customers they would've made ps5 versions of those games and not just ps4 versions at 60.

kyliethicc

OhhN2cP.jpg
VNre6rM.jpg

love the continuity both parts have now

Q9KzFDY.jpg

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah ia seems less organized than tlou2 in big levels.

I was in the big level with 2 floors after the car scene and no matter how much noise i was making while killing the guys in the down floor, the dudes on the upper floor never tried to go down to search for me, it was like they were the second part of the challenge after fucking up all the guys in the downfloor and not something organic like the wlf searching for you in the big multi-floor levels of tlou2.

I reloaded this scene a couple of times to see if something could change but nothing (on grounded)

Also they didn't fixed that stupid surprised reaction enemies have when they find you, i mean ffs let the dude shoot instead of giving me the time to run at him and bash his head, i know it is kinda realistic (but not really, you don't act surprise to find someone when you are actively searching for someone) but they should disable this shit on grounded and making the enemies far more deadlier that shot immediately after they saw you.

P.s. did they changed the voice of the bloater? With headphones he sound like a fucking dinosaur before charging, loved it.

Last edited:
I was in the big level with 2 floors after the car scene and no matter how much noise i was making while killing the guys in the down floor, the dudes on the upper floor never tried to go down to search for me, it was like they were the second part of the challenge after fucking up all the guys in the downfloor and not something organic like the wlf searching for you in the big multi-floor levels of tlou2.
I think I know the level you're talking about. It's a bookstore or records store or something right?

I tried taking out the guys on the upper floor first and noticed that the guys from downstairs heard the commotion (when I went loud) and came upstairs to investigate. Maybe the guys downstairs come up but the guys upstairs don't come down 😂? [Gorgeous level btw]

Playing on hard

GymWolf

Gold Member
I think I know the level you're talking about. It's a bookstore or records store or something right?

I tried taking out the guys on the upper floor first and noticed that the guys from downstairs heard the commotion (when I went loud) and came upstairs to investigate. Maybe the guys downstairs come up but the guys upstairs don't come down 😂? [Gorgeous level btw]

Playing on hard
Didn't tried the opposite because it was just natural to fuck up the guys downstairs before going up.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I actually think it’s going to be free to play.
I actually think that you are insane.

Maybe you haven't notice how greed sony has become lately.

And they literally said that faction 2 is such big project that can't be included as a side thing to a single player game, it's not like halo or gears do this since forever, but surely faction is gonna be better and way bigger than both i'm sure...now excuse me, i have to prepare a burger with some flying bacon.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I mean...it depends on what they are thinking of doing with it.

If it's something like Bungie's Destiny i guess it might be tbh.

There's multiple ways of doing a live service game.
They already said it is a big project, no chance of this being a small addon to tlou1 or remake or something cheap like 20 dollars.

If we are super lucky, they are only gonna ask for 50 dollars but after the next gen tax on crossgen games or how they priced spidey morales and the "upgrade" patch for tsushima, it is clear tha sony has no shame whatsoever.

Now, if their "big project" smell as brown and shitty as their "made from the ground up on ps5" there could be a chance of them just exagerating things out of their asses and the whole thing could be a cheap add on like you say, it is really fucking hard to understand what the fuck has sony in mind in today times...

Last edited:

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Why do you care how others spend their money?
Because bad trends set the industry. We would not be having in game currency like V-bucks and madden bucks on full priced games or companies charging $10+ for stupid cosmetic costumes in games if people did not support it. If this lazy last of us paint job sells well it's going to set a trend for more companies to do so.

Reactions: Fuz
I have no problem paying 10-20$ for a patch. But that Tsushima upgrade was hilariously wack. Ill deff get the TLoU2 Directors Cut if they add Dualsense features, better textures, etc. Most importantly FACTIONS.
Tsushima "upgrade" was disappointing as fuck. I'd also gladly pay $10-20 for a real next gen upgrade. All they needed to do for Tsushima was up the texture detail a little and I woulda been fine paying $10 for that.

Because bad trends set the industry. We would not be having in game currency like V-bucks and madden bucks on full priced games or companies charging $10+ for stupid cosmetic costumes in games if people did not support it. If this lazy last of us paint job sells well it's going to set a trend for more companies to do so.
I can't believe this has to be explained to so many people in this thread!

Filldo

I can't believe this has to be explained to so many people in this thread!
Last of us 2 came out two years ago, how long can a studio of several hundred developers last without funding? Are they supposed to take out loans till their next game comes out and hope they make enough to pay them off?

Papa Sony just gonna give unlimited allowances? Sony has shown again and again that they put money back into games and the close studios that don’t make money.

Games take longer to make and cost more than ever, you guys want games to follow the same model from the 90s and early 2000’s but somehow modernized.

Your arguments make no sense. Either you want progress or you don’t, with it comes changes like paid dlc or cosmetics or remakes whether you like those or not, the bottom line is that a company that does not make money goes out of business.

Stop acting like you are the last beacon of hope for gaming. We all love games just as much as you. The difference is we put our money where our mouths are and support the games and companies we love.

mortal

Gold Member
That choice as a consumer is ultimately up to you. That's the asking price, and you aren't being coerced into purchasing this or any other title at full MSRP.
You can either pay the asking price, wait for a discounted price, or not buy it at all, each is a valid choice. You already have the freedom to choose how and where to spend your money in the free market.

Beyond that is just complaining for catharsis, since you can't determine what is or isn't valuable for other people or where they should or shouldn't spend their own money.
"Lazy paint job" is an opinion I certainly don't agree with, but you're entitled to that opinion either way.

Pelta88

Anyone have a guide to surviving all of Ellie's joke trophy?

I've got every collectable at 100% but the Ellie joke stats says I'm 30% on the jokes trophy.

Last edited:

Gamer79

That choice as a consumer is ultimately up to you. That's the asking price, and you aren't being coerced into purchasing this or any other title at full MSRP.
You can either pay the asking price, wait for a discounted price, or not buy it at all, each is a valid choice. You already have the freedom to choose how and where to spend your money in the free market.

Beyond that is just complaining for catharsis, since you can't determine what is or isn't valuable for other people or where they should or shouldn't spend their own money.
"Lazy paint job" is an opinion I certainly don't agree with, but you're entitled to that opinion either way.
Games are getting fewer and far between. It's not careless complaining as you paint it. Developers are spending time on this bullshit instead of making new, fresh experiences. It affects me and everybody else who hates this bullshit practice. Keep cucking I guess. Look at the development time of modern games and know divide that even more with developers wasting time on paint jobs to old games.

Last edited:

Gamer79

Last of us 2 came out two years ago, how long can a studio of several hundred developers last without funding? Are they supposed to take out loans till their next game comes out and hope they make enough to pay them off?

Papa Sony just gonna give unlimited allowances? Sony has shown again and again that they put money back into games and the close studios that don’t make money.

Games take longer to make and cost more than ever, you guys want games to follow the same model from the 90s and early 2000’s but somehow modernized.

Your arguments make no sense. Either you want progress or you don’t, with it comes changes like paid dlc or cosmetics or remakes whether you like those or not, the bottom line is that a company that does not make money goes out of business.

Stop acting like you are the last beacon of hope for gaming. We all love games just as much as you. The difference is we put our money where our mouths are and support the games and companies we love.
You just highlighted the problem with how the game industry is total shit right now. Outside of a good couple of games per year the industry is full of countless rehashes and micro charging customers with every little thing they can. Last beacon of hope for gaming? A little dramatic but its hard to argue the game industry is spiraling down the toilet. You reward rehashes, repeats, and unoriginal content. Good for you I guess but it's unfortunate this moronic way of thinking has turned the industry into what it is today.

Instead of investing in original good content keep buying the same shit over and over again with slight to just graphical changes. BTW, the game industy is big business now and mostly run by huge corporations. If you think they care about yours or mine opinion I have a bridge in New York to sell you. Money drives the direction of the game industry. If most consumers spend their money on bullshit like TLOU remake of a remake with mostly on graphic changes while charging Full price the industry will continue down that path.

Do I personaly give a flying fuck on where you spend your money? I really don't. Where the masses spend their money steer the industry. We are heading to a future of Call of Duty/Madden type of clones make of the majority of games every year. They have no incentive to change because the sheep will buy them anyway. I do not want to see that happen so that's why I care where most people spend their money.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Games are getting fewer and far between. It's not careless complaining as you paint it. Developers are spending time on this bullshit instead of making new, fresh experiences. It affects me and everybody else who hates this bullshit practice. Keep cucking I guess. Look at the development time of modern games and know divide that even more with developers wasting time on paint jobs to old games.
You're making a lot of presumptions that every gamer values what you value, and that is why your complaining here is pointless.
You calling something bullshit doesn't mean that everyone also agrees it's bullshit. What you consider to be a waste of time, others might see as a worthy investment of their time/money.
You're free to spend your time and money how you want, so I see no point in being resentful of how other gamers decide to spend theirs.

I don't know what the basics of free market economics have to do with cucking, that's pretty random lol.

Top Bottom