• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread - *NO. SPOILERS. PERIOD.*

What will TLOU 2 average score be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It might be a masterpiece but "as expected" is a stretch. Everyone hated it for the last month :p
But yes, It was expected in a grand scheme of things excluding last leak month
Noppe only the haters hated it. And they where spamming all games sites full with almost the same comments.
Now theyr almost silent😉

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Another review to MC was just added

Cheat Code Central - 96 (4.8 out of 5)

5.0 Graphics
The Last of Us Part II is gorgeous and filled with realistic humans and horrifying Infected

5.0 Control
Naughty Dog goes above and beyond to make sure you’re comfortable with the controls and able to quickly swap equipment or dodge. Plus, accessibility options provide presets and input remapping

5.0 Music / Sound FX / Voice Acting
The casting is amazing, the Infected sound distinctive and terrifying, and the soundtrack is pitch perfect

4.0 Play Value
The story is brutal and emotionally exhausting, to the point where sometimes I had to take breaks to process and have a moment to breathe and destress. Almost all of the characters you meet have heavy burdens to bear, and by the end you do too

4.8 Overall Rating - Must Buy
Not an average. See Rating legend below for a final score breakdown.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
Another review to MC was just added

Cheat Code Central - 96 (4.8 out of 5)

5.0 Graphics
The Last of Us Part II is gorgeous and filled with realistic humans and horrifying Infected

5.0 Control
Naughty Dog goes above and beyond to make sure you’re comfortable with the controls and able to quickly swap equipment or dodge. Plus, accessibility options provide presets and input remapping

5.0 Music / Sound FX / Voice Acting
The casting is amazing, the Infected sound distinctive and terrifying, and the soundtrack is pitch perfect

4.0 Play Value
The story is brutal and emotionally exhausting, to the point where sometimes I had to take breaks to process and have a moment to breathe and destress. Almost all of the characters you meet have heavy burdens to bear, and by the end you do too

4.8 Overall Rating - Must Buy
Not an average. See Rating legend below for a final score breakdown.
I hope the score stays at a 96 but am not sure if it will

THEAP99

Banned
Does it matter? 96 or 70, you either gonna enjoy the game or not regardless the metacritic score.
Well I made a $10 bet with my buddy that persona 5 Royale wouldn’t be the highest rated playstation game this year. Ultimately, it needs to stay at a 96 until 12:00 AM ET release time and then I win.

J3nga

Well I made a $10 bet with my buddy that persona 5 Royale wouldn’t be the highest rated playstation game this year. Ultimately, it needs to stay at a 96 until 12:00 AM ET release time and then I win.
Gotta pump up those rookie numbers.

Woggleman

I feel like I played different game than some people here, because I honest had a blast playing the original game on survival/grounded difficulty.
I loved it as well. I really think some people for some reason have issues with giving a story driven game any credit for gameplay. They don't want games to be movies so therefore a so called movie game can't have good gameplay.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
5ip9dbm348551.png

this made me giggle :messenger_sunglasses:

Ulysses 31

Just how you liked Skill Up review?

At this point, people just want to see where this game falls 95, 96 or 97.
If you can point out things he's objectively wrong about, by all means do so.

I have my suspicions of the game which he seems to confirm but I'm still maintaining a wait and see approach for reviews done without all the restrictions.

J3nga

I have my suspicions of the game which he seems to confirm but I'm still maintaining a wait and see approach for reviews done without all the restrictions.
In that case just don't buy the game or buy it when it's real cheap.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

You can't call his review wrong because he's expression his own personal opinion.

The point of me bring up Skill Up's review is because you accused others of wanting validation, yet you're doing similar things with by focusing on Skill Up's review.

Ulysses 31

You can't call his review wrong because he's expression his own personal opinion.

The point of me bring up Skill Up's review is because you accused others of wanting validation, yet you're doing similar things with by focusing on Skill Up's review.
And what conclusions did I make about the game that were validated by Skill Up's review?

Spoiler: I didn't make any yet.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
And what conclusions did I make about the game that were validated by Skill Up's review?

Spoiler: I didn't make any yet.

I didn't say you made a conclusion. I know you were critical of the game before Skill Up review appeared.

So if you were critical of the game in the spoiler thread, then you're going to be more inclined to listen to negative reviews.

Ulysses 31

I didn't say you made a conclusion. I know you were critical of the game before Skill Up review appeared.

So if you were critical of the game in the spoiler thread, then you're going to be more inclined to listen to negative reviews.
It's not specifically a TLUO 2 thing, I'm skeptical whenever the media hands out 10s like candy. Same with BOTW, I didn't think that game deserved all those 10s either. The leaks showed some worrisome things about it too.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
It's not specifically a TLUO 2 thing, I'm skeptical whenever the media hands out 10s like candy. Same with BOTW, I didn't think that game deserved all those 10s either. The leaks showed some things to worrisome about too.

But people have their own opinion. I I think BOTW is boring and I tried multiple times to get into the game, but I know there's tons of people who played it and enjoyed it. Doesn't matter where I go, if video games are being discussed, people always mentions BOTW and how good it is.

Overall, MC doesn't prove the game is good because it's all subjective.

Agreed.

Doubting ND is just silly. Best devs in the industry.
There easily in my top 3. CDPR still takes the cake IMO. But Naughty Dog is definitely one of the best in the world. I've literally played every single one of their games since Way of the Warrior on the 3DO. Since Way of the Warrior, they've done nothing but quality games.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am excited as hell to play this game. I just wonder if I'll get as much out of it as the person writing these reviews. Its like saying, "Your emotions will not be the same after playing The Last of Us Part II" and then saying to yourself "really? because I can process a lot of stuff". "You beat it twice? I'm still watching that clock on my console countdown to the unlock".

If you tell me that everyone dies and its all some slow, painful death. What do I get out of it? The same emotional experience you had? I'm already expecting it to be some amazing adventure, but I suspect a lot of bad things happen along the way.

I watch some reviews and the game looks good, but it has zero story power to it. That comes from all the non-spoiler reviews there are. Everyone's amazed at a game we can't even play yet. The best game 100+ people have already finished and are NG+. Maybe I'm just venting my frustration for having to wait to play this.

Streisand Effect led me to the Skill Up review.

I have a feeling that most user reviews will echo his take. What a wasted opportunity.
Which is fine. Why can't their be reviews that don't gel with all the others? If anything, it show's that that dude can play a game that he maybe doesn't enjoy to give his opinion for those that may share a similar perspective.

It blows my mind that humanity has come so far and that we still can't disagree with each other and still be decent to each other.

Isa

I could be playing through my backlog right now, but I find myself just waiting around lost in thought like I'm at an appointment waiting for it to start. Almost wishing the rest of my 2 weeks off away. But I don't mind, I can't wait to play this myself, finally a midnight launch I get to enjoy for myself.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I could be playing through my backlog right now, but I find myself just waiting around lost in thought like I'm at an appointment waiting for it to start. Almost wishing the rest of my 2 weeks off away. But I don't mind, I can't wait to play this myself, finally a midnight launch I get to enjoy for myself.

Same here. I started playing ACO for the fourth time, started playing Day's Gone for the fifth time, and could not concentrate. I keep looking at the days and hours, trying to fall asleep to pass time, listen to music to try and forget ... but it isn't working!

Isa

Same here. I started playing ACO for the fourth time, started playing Day's Gone for the fifth time, and could not concentrate. I keep looking at the days and hours, trying to fall asleep to pass time, listen to music to try and forget ... but it isn't working!

Exactly! I think I've got this feeling like its going to be something really special, and I can't wait to experience it for myself. At least we're getting closer, even if its at the pace of a semi-truck going in reverse, uphill, underwater.

My 8mos. pregnant wife woke up last night at 1030 pm saying she couldn't sleep and wanted to watch me play something. I just started playing Uncharted 4. Think I may get through it before Thursday night.

Woggleman

I should have went with physical. A friend of mine found a store willing to break street date and is already playing it. I told him not to spoil it but so far impressions are very positive.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Exactly! I think I've got this feeling like its going to be something really special, and I can't wait to experience it for myself. At least we're getting closer, even if its at the pace of a semi-truck going in reverse, uphill, underwater.
My 8mos. pregnant wife woke up last night at 1030 pm saying she couldn't sleep and wanted to watch me play something. I just started playing Uncharted 4. Think I may get through it before Thursday night.

giphy.gif

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

THEAP99

Banned
i painted a door today to help pass the time

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I just finished the 1st game last night (2nd time) and now I have no idea what to do the next 2 days. I blew through the game over the weekend and that was even after working 8 hours Saturday/Sunday.

I actually didn't realise it would be releasing at midnight, which makes it Thursday in my eyes! So only ONE day in a couple of hours (UK)! Yeah.

i painted a door today to help pass the time

I recommend watching it dry. Not because it will help but because it'll remind me I'm not suffering alone.

Top Bottom