• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

scakko84

Try "With Parties" if you aren't already. But in all honesty, it really hasn't been fixed. Some people are reporting slight improvements but overall its still bad.

Tried both "Parties" and "No Parties" but couldn't find a match in 15+ mins... i'll probably wait the next patch hoping it fixes something.

Same here. I wish more games had audio cues you could trigger to help those of us that can't use mics. There are probably a few set phrases that would help a lot - maybe you could set them to gestures on the touchpad? I wonder if you could make a little soundboard app for smartphones that you can easily trigger phrases and then it plays them out through your mic. Would need some fiddling with headphone cables but doable I think.

True. I liked Destiny's d pad set up. If only it meant something...lol

Strider

Getting online for the afternoon. If anyone wants to group up just message me on here or on PSN. my info is on the doc.

quickwhips

Serious questions here guys.

Can you only plant the bombs and not the smoke bombs? I tried to plant one smoke bomb today and threw it and started laughing at my stupidity. I am doing this correct by just pressing R2 correct.

Kyoufu

Serious questions here guys.

Can you only plant the bombs and not the smoke bombs? I tried to plant one smoke bomb today and threw it and started laughing at my stupidity. I am doing this correct by just pressing R2 correct.

AFAIK only the Bomb acts as a proximity mine when you plant it. Everything else destonates on impact.

MMaRsu

Banned
I love the online MP in this!! I'm not that great but I'm improving my game and sometimes actually end up on the top end of the leaderboard :).

If anybody wants to team up and play some supply raid or survivors ( havent really touched the other mode yet ) please send me a friend request

PSN = mmarsu

quickwhips

I love the online MP in this!! I'm not that great but I'm improving my game and sometimes actually end up on the top end of the leaderboard :).

If anybody wants to team up and play some supply raid or survivors ( havent really touched the other mode yet ) please send me a friend request

PSN = mmarsu

I always end in the top 3 but I have alot of improving to do. Its really a great game. Didn't someone say they were making a noob guide? Did it get posted yet?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Interrogation always plays out the same way for me:

- Get team wiped in the first fight, enemy gets 3-4 interrogations
- Team respawns in different parts of the map, get picked off before regrouping which gets them our lockbox
- Enemy fills the meter 2/3 full and then farms parts for five minutes before finishing it off

Shit's hard yo.

my favorite mode... gotta keep it tight

I should be on tonight, Jon.

rad, i'll hit you up

it'll be post happy hour, so expect varying levels of sloppiness

PSN = mmarsu

Ok, so I went to add you using the PS App and just realized it sends the request via text or email instead of directly through PSN.

How does that process even work? Does it just link you to the PSN website? Is it annoying for the receiver?

edit: nevermind, I wasn't hitting the search icon first.

HiiiLife

Well, I wouldn't want to face a party all by my lonesome.

I feel the lobbies should be merged. It isn't right when I play with two of my buddies = a party of three, and having to forever search for that one odd guy to fill up the last spot. I feel competent randoms wouldn't have trouble working together against a party.

Disguises

After some research, it seems like there are some multiplayer issues. A friend and I can't join any games in multiplayer. Sounds like they released some live updates recently, but it didn't seem to fix it on our side.

We planned this evening to play multiplayer so we're both a bit annoyed we've already spent 30 mins in a menu. -_-

Any tips?

Edit: Aaaaand as soon as I post this, we found a game! Took a while....

Gaz_RB

After some research, it seems like there are some multiplayer issues. A friend and I can't join any games in multiplayer. Sounds like they released some live updates recently, but it didn't seem to fix it on our side.

We planned this evening to play multiplayer so we're both a bit annoyed we've already spent 30 mins in a menu. -_-

Any tips?

Edit: Aaaaand as soon as I post this, we found a game! Took a while....

Don't stay in matchmaking longer than a few minutes. I've found decent success going into and out of matchmaking a few times and then it seems to find one.

Disguises

Ehhh...first match full of lag and connection issues. My friends game even crashed. Is everyone experiencing this?

Not sure if it was lag related, but both myself and my friend kept getting downed in 1 shot after putting a few bullets into an enemy. I suppose it could be also a case of getting used to the game, but something feels off...

Don't stay in matchmaking longer than a few minutes. I've found decent success going into and out of matchmaking a few times and then it seems to find one.
Gotcha, thanks.

Gaz_RB

Ehhh...first match full of lag and connection issues. My friends game even crashed. Is everyone experiencing this?

Not sure if it was lag related, but both myself and my friend kept getting downed in 1 shot after putting a few bullets into an enemy. I suppose it could be also a case of getting used to the game, but something feels off...

Gotcha, thanks.

Are you on right now? I'd be down to play with you guys and answer any questions you guys might have

Gotcha, thanks.

I experienced this my very first match with the game. We were winning, too. I was so pissed. It might be like this until they get everything ironed out. Hopefully sooner than later.

shwimpy

You choose at the very beginning.
Hmm. I never got the option. Do you think I was automatically put into the same faction as my friend who I grouped with to play MP?

Also, if you pick Hunter and your friend picks Firefly, are we not able to be on the same team in MP?

Also, if you pick Hunter and your friend picks Firefly, are we not able to be on the same team in MP?

you guys will be on the same team, since you are the only one seeing your screen, it changes everyone elses uniforms on your screen to reflect this. basically you will never know what team anyone else is really on because it doesnt matter

americas army on pc does this too, everytime you play the game you are the Army, and the other guys you see are the Opposing forces. little do you know that for everyone on the opposing forces side, they are the army, and you are the opposing forces.

shwimpy

you guys will be on the same team, since you are the only one seeing your screen, it changes everyone elses uniforms on your screen to reflect this. basically you will never know what team anyone else is really on because it doesnt matter

americas army on pc does this too, everytime you play the game you are the Army, and the other guys you see are the Opposing forces. little do you know that for everyone on the opposing forces side, they are the army, and you are the opposing forces.
Oh I see. That's interesting. Thanks for explaining.

quickwhips

Sometimes I wonder if anyone is even playing this lol

Matchmaking takes so long.

I played 2 games at lunch everyday then I go back on at night with a group effort. I can tell you guys how much I love the multiplayer of this game. It just always feels so intense.

Disguises

Are you on right now? I'd be down to play with you guys and answer any questions you guys might have
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure how long we'll be playing this since we can't get any games since the first one.

Edit: Once again, after replying, we got into a game...

My current loadout at rank 2:

9mm
Silenced Semi-auto

Crafter 2
Reviver 2

Thinking about switching out 9mm for the revolver, I like the faster fire rate/bigger clip that the 9mm has though. Might eventually try bow; I dunno though, seems slow to me.

I feel bad that since owning TLOU since launch on PS3 and having finished it 4 times now that I still haven't played the MP :/

I keep thinking that others are gonna be so much better than me by now and it's too late to just jump in.

I keep thinking that others are gonna be so much better than me by now and it's too late to just jump in.

If it makes you feel better, everyone sucks in solo.

Well, not everyone - occasionally you'll find a ninja who just manages to do things unimaginable. Also, be a support class - you'll score high and support others.

Alienous

I feel bad that since owning TLOU since launch on PS3 and having finished it 4 times now that I still haven't played the MP :/

Thankfully The Last of Us' MP isn't about learning the maps, or the map flow, or getting good at twitchy aiming. If you play smart, you'll do well. That is all it really takes.

Gaz_RB

Now is a great time to jump in. So many noobs.

Top Bottom