• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

pronk420

is there a page with pictures of the maps anywhere? i only remember the damn one from the ps3, and i haven't seen any of the dlc maps

Wait times in matchmaking, especially with parties, are absolutely disgusting™.

tumblr_ltpdd3q7L61qac9u7.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
role call for tonight - who's wit me?

girl is working & i'm helpin a friend move back to bklyn tmrw so i'm staying in tonight.... FRIDAY NIGHT TLOU MP LET'S DO THIS

is there a page with pictures of the maps anywhere? i only remember the damn one from the ps3, and i haven't seen any of the dlc maps

good call, i would love to look through the maps while i'm at the office....

Moofers

girl is working & i'm helpin a friend move back to bklyn tmrw so i'm staying in tonight.... FRIDAY NIGHT TLOU MP LET'S DO THIS

I'll be on around 9pm PST (12am est) if you're still on at that point.

I have around 10 new friends who are GAF people that added me, but none of them are ever on when I am so I'm still playing solo like every night. Anyone else play 9pm PST onward?

I'll also be on Saturday a bit earlier. Planning to stream on twitch and do a kind of "newcomer workshop" where I take questions from chat and explain my playstyle.

Psn: unoillnino

First Remastered multiplayer last night and it took some getting used to. Dat 60fps. Also, the wait times were terrible. I forget, does the hunter rifle only have a default scope? Is there a way to zoom it out from the scope? My favorite loadout I started at again was Onslought. Can't get enough. Game on, guys.

First Remastered multiplayer last night and it took some getting used to. Dat 60fps. Also, the wait times were terrible. I forget, does the hunter rifle only have a default scope? Is there a way to zoom it out from the scope? My favorite loadout I started at again was Onslought. Can't get enough. Game on, guys.

There is no default scope for the hunting rifle. You can still quickscope in CQB.

Vitanimus

You have to back out of matchmaking every couple mins and try again... just drop in and out until it hooks a game.

At least, before this latest patch. Haven't played since last night.

Hopefully some of you dudes are on this morning. Gonna grab some coffee, eat some eggs, and then craft some nailbombs. Yes, I'm talking about a videogame, NSA.

I'll be on in an hour or so if you're still online~ (georgekupo)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Well, damn. Every time I LT the scope comes up instead of me having to press x to get it. Then when I press x it will not back out of the scope. I'm doing something wrong for sure.

Idk what that other guy is talking about. There is always a scope with the rifle. And "quickscope in CQB" is a bit of a stretch. You can get a quick shot off, but there is a delay with the scope coming partially up... it's not like Battlefield/CoD or whatever.

And if you don't time the "quickscope" just right, sometimes you can be pressing R2 and the rifle won't fire until the scope is almost fully engaged. Upgrading the rifle mitigates this issue, though, for the most part.

Idk what that other guy is talking about. There is always a scope with the rifle. And "quickscope in CQB" is a bit of a stretch. You can get a quick shot off, but there is a delay with the scope coming partially up... it's not like Battlefield/CoD or whatever.

And if you don't time the "quickscope" just right, sometimes you can be pressing R2 and the rifle won't fire until the scope is almost fully engaged. Upgrading the rifle mitigates this issue, though, for the most part.

So you can upgrade it to get rid of the scope? I've seen other people using it without the scope.

Also, does anyone have any pointers or tips for a newcomer coming into multiplayer. I played it on PS3 when the game came out but it was never intense like it was last night. It's like people found out about it and they are all very good. I was expecting newcomers...boy was I wrong.

Also, does anyone have any pointers or tips for a newcomer coming into multiplayer. I played it on PS3 when the game came out but it was never intense like it was last night. It's like people found out about it and they are all very good. I was expecting newcomers...boy was I wrong.

The level of strategy is pretty deep so it all depends on just how new you are and what you already know. The tips during the loading screens are surprisingly useful and even provide a screenshot.

If you have particular questions on something Im sure someone here can answer it. Otherwise, I dont mind playing with new players, can add me: brickwalker0

I plan to play the shit out of this game all weekend.

they really need to fix matchmaking with parties. playing with randoms is brutal when 3 of my good friends picked up the game due to me saying how great the mp was on PS3

don't make a mockery of me Naughty Dog!

The level of strategy is pretty deep so it all depends on just how new you are and what you already know. The tips during the loading screens are surprisingly useful and even provide a screenshot.

If you have particular questions on something Im sure someone here can answer it. Otherwise, I dont mind playing with new players, can add me: brickwalker0

I plan to play the shit out of this game all weekend.

brickwalker0 will be added

TheGreatGilroy here. The only thing is at night when the kid is asleep and the wifey is in bed, the mic cannot be used, I do stick with teammates, though. I hate the people that run off on their own. IT'S NOT CALL OF DUTY!

they really need to fix matchmaking with parties. playing with randoms is brutal when 3 of my good friends picked up the game due to me saying how great the mp was on PS3

It's not bad if you get randoms that stick together. I had one guy have my back the whole round yesterday.

Kyoufu

Can someone inform me on how you "level up" in this game? I'm looking to unlock more loadout points. Currently on 11, but I think the max is 13. How do I unlock the last two?

Can someone inform me on how you "level up" in this game? I'm looking to unlock more loadout points. Currently on 11, but I think the max is 13. How do I unlock the last two?

You collect parts during the match, in the menu on the bottom right it will sometimes show you 1150/1500 till next unlock. Once you get those remaining 350 parts, you will "level up". The number by your name is how many weeks you've completed.

Are doing the no parties queue? That is the one you Wang to be in so you don't face premades.

For the people who are having problems finding a match, are you all in parties?

I ain't any trouble yet, but I have been playing the 'no parties' option.

guys quick question. i have avoided all tlou threads because i dont want to spoil anything but i really must ask this question. i have a ps3 and plan to buy ps4 late next year. i have been getting a urge to play tlou, shall i just buy the ps3 version? i heard the frame rate is crap, also i havnt seen any side by side comparison pics because i dont want to spoil anything, is their a major improvement in the ps4 version?

im thinking of just buying the ps3 version and then when i buy ps4 next year i will buy remastered edition and play the game again + dlc. should i just wait a year or is the ps3 version good?

i asked this in the other thread but too scared to go back into thread because there are probably spoilers there lol

Jinjo

I'm so confused. :(
It aims through the scope. It won't let me change that. Is that how it's always been? How do I get to stop?

You don't. It's a sniper rifle, that's always how it's been. It's pretty useless without a scope anyway.

If you tag someone with R3 your guy will say something like "look a firefly". Then that means your a hunter.
Not sure if there is an easier way to check.

Blue guys are hunters, yellow are the fireflies.

It doesn't exist.
This came up in an old Last of Us thread a while ago and I realized I had never seen it either. I thought it was just me, or I had the gore turned off.
Nope.

Those things were taken out of the game.

Try some shorty executions to be sure.
It's still in.

guys quick question. i have avoided all tlou threads because i dont want to spoil anything but i really must ask this question. i have a ps3 and plan to buy ps4 late next year. i have been getting a urge to play tlou, shall i just buy the ps3 version? i heard the frame rate is crap, also i havnt seen any side by side comparison pics because i dont want to spoil anything, is their a major improvement in the ps4 version?

im thinking of just buying the ps3 version and then when i buy ps4 next year i will buy remastered edition and play the game again + dlc. should i just wait a year or is the ps3 version good?

i asked this in the other thread but too scared to go back into thread because there are probably spoilers there lol

For me, the differences are only noticable if you've experienced both of them. If you've been in the dark about it this whole time, I don't think you're going to be playing the PS3 version and think "Man, this really doesn't look very good".

I would say the main reason to get the PS4 version is to just have the premiem experience and have the DLC packed in with the main game. And while I haven't played the PS3 multiplayer since it came out a year ago, I'd imagine that community is next to extinct now with the PS4 version out.

Jinjo

Is there another Rifle similar to the one you start with in the story? I swear I've seen guys playing with this without a scope.

No, unfortunately not. There's the semi-auto rifle though, it lacks a scope, but fires a lot quicker. It's pretty good at all ranges, 3 shots to down. It's probably the most versatile weapon in multi imo.

Vitanimus

PS3 version is perfectly playable. If you wanna just experience the story, then by all means buy the cheaper PS3 version. But once you play the Remastered version you'll find it very hard to play the PS3 version again, especially since it comes with all the story DLC too.

No, unfortunately not. There's the semi-auto rifle though, it lacks a scope, but fires a lot quicker. It's pretty good at all ranges, 3 shots to down. It's probably the most versatile weapon in multi imo.

But that single headshot hunter rifle is so good. I also find that you get many more downs with hunter rifle than semi-auto because you use less hunter rifle rounds.

Jinjo

But that single headshot hunter rifle is so good. I also find that you get many more downs with hunter rifle than semi-auto.

Haha, it is. Once you get consistent headshots it's a monster. Pair it with hawk-eyed 2 and you can see people's head behind cover, great for lining up that headshot when they're dumb enough to show their head. I love the semi-auto as well though, especially in the smaller maps.

Daximuss

I should be on tonight, Jon.

Haha, it is. Once you get consistent headshots it's a monster. Pair it with hawk-eyed 2 and you can see people's head behind cover, great for lining up that headshot when they're dumb enough to show their head. I love the semi-auto as well though, especially in the smaller maps.

The hunting rifle combined with Hawk Eye is AMAZING.

jimi_dini

They never did in Uncharted 2.
They never did in Uncharted 3.
And I doubt that they will ever fix it in The Last Of Us.

They actually should match parties of 5 against another. Then this crap would stop. But nope.

In the Uncharted's I experienced several times that multiple parties of 5 were playing at the same time. All 5 were highest level. Would anyone with half of a brain match those against another? Nope. Instead match them against level 5, level 10, level 15 and me. Yep, that's totally fair and everything.

PS3 version is perfectly playable. If you wanna just experience the story, then by all means buy the cheaper PS3 version. But once you play the Remastered version you'll find it very hard to play the PS3 version again, especially since it comes with all the story DLC too.

For me, the differences are only noticable if you've experienced both of them. If you've been in the dark about it this whole time, I don't think you're going to be playing the PS3 version and think "Man, this really doesn't look very good".

I would say the main reason to get the PS4 version is to just have the premiem experience and have the DLC packed in with the main game. And while I haven't played the PS3 multiplayer since it came out a year ago, I'd imagine that community is next to extinct now with the PS4 version out.

thanks guys. ps3 version it is then

Interrogation always plays out the same way for me:

- Get team wiped in the first fight, enemy gets 3-4 interrogations
- Team respawns in different parts of the map, get picked off before regrouping which gets them our lockbox
- Enemy fills the meter 2/3 full and then farms parts for five minutes before finishing it off

Shit's hard yo.

Interrogation always plays out the same way for me:

- Get team wiped in the first fight, enemy gets 3-4 interrogations
- Team respawns in different parts of the map, get picked off before regrouping which gets them our lockbox
- Enemy fills the meter 2/3 full and then farms parts for five minutes before finishing it off

Shit's hard yo.

That's exactly what we do. Gotta team up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
TheGreatGilroy here. The only thing is at night when the kid is asleep and the wifey is in bed, the mic cannot be used

Same here. I wish more games had audio cues you could trigger to help those of us that can't use mics. There are probably a few set phrases that would help a lot - maybe you could set them to gestures on the touchpad? I wonder if you could make a little soundboard app for smartphones that you can easily trigger phrases and then it plays them out through your mic. Would need some fiddling with headphone cables but doable I think.

Did the yesterday patch fixed something? Today I've been waiting for 15 mins in the matchmaking screen...

Try "With Parties" if you aren't already. But in all honesty, it really hasn't been fixed. Some people are reporting slight improvements but overall its still bad.

quickwhips

seems silly to separate the small community that will stay with party and no party games. Reminds me of the rank and unranked in gears. Way to split the community out the gate. But I really do love this game.

Kyoufu

seems silly to separate the small community that will stay with party and no party games. Reminds me of the rank and unranked in gears. Way to split the community out the gate. But I really do love this game.

Well, I wouldn't want to face a party all by my lonesome.

Top Bottom