• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

Volotaire

I was surprised by the 'futuristic' elements they had on some of the weapons and enemy designs. It almost seemed like the Lanayru parts in Skyward Sword with advanced civilisation being decayed.

Not

Banned
I was surprised by the 'futuristic' elements they had on some of the weapons and enemy designs. It almost seemed like the Lanayru parts in Skyward Sword with advanced civilisation being decayed.

I think it's one of the best arguments for the game taking place pre-Skyward Sword, in the ancient civilization. That and the lack of a green tunic.

sphinx

the piano man
you morons, this link is in the 11-13 age range, he's no lady

WW is somewhere in the 8-10 age range while TP/SS Link around 16-18 years old

What else is there to talk about? It's not like they showed any gameplay.

Something factual? The locations shown in the background, anything Aonuma said (don't know, watched at work with sound off), how nice the cel-shading looks and engine runs, real things about Link's design (no hat?)...

But let's pretend Link's a girl. He's not, and it's dumb to "believe" otherwise, not that I really think anyone actually believes it.

It'd be cool, but it's not happening. Oh well, I guess everyone's having fun trolling.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I think it's one of the best arguments for the game taking place pre-Skyward Sword, in the ancient civilization. That and the lack of a green tunic.

But what happens in SS is the origin of the actual legend of Zelda. So I very much doubt this game will be set even earlier.

Hmm. Well, actually you're right, some stuff is down there. That temple, and stuff. So ok, what I wrote wasn't really correct. But I'm pretty sure that's Hyrule Castle off in the distance, and that definitely didn't exist in the SS days. Hyrule didn't exist (as a kingdom). And SS is the origin story for the legend the series is about, so I don't think we'll be getting another "first game".

You never can tell with Nintendo. They seem to like going backwards through time with the Zelda series.

aza

I wasn't too sure about the artstyle at first, but it's starting to grow on me. Seeing it in motion looks beautiful.

Neff

That video looked absolutely gorgeous.

I fully expect this to be delayed to 2016 or 17 though.

By next year it'll have been in active development for 3 years, which sounds about right. We'll get a big blowout trailer for 2015 E3 and a Christmas release to evoke festive Ocarina feels.

Terra

Count me in on getting a Wii U GAF!

I have said multiple times that the Wii U is dead. I regret everything.

Mr. F

Banned
Of course people are nitpicking how it looks. Link looks like Link, It didn't strike me as any more of a departure as any other previous rendition.

mantidor

This trailer + Hyrule Warrior + MK8 + Splatoon + All the other awesome in the Nintendo Announce made this happen.

BpymqMBIAAAcO42.jpg

Zombi U needs all the love it can get, congrats!

Volotaire

Definitely. Although I was so sure they would go for a child timeline game (if it is indeed pre-SS). I suppose story and artistic constraints are a factor here.

Not

Banned
But what happens in SS is the origin of the actual legend of Zelda. So I very much doubt this game will be set even earlier.

Rethinking those conventions brah. They told the origin story for all the previous games, so now the legend kinda seems stale, right? We know the reasons for why things happen. The magic is gone. So I can understand why they'd want to tell a story not bound by those
Hylia and Demise reincarnation
restrictions. Right?

AmyS

-Mario Kart 8
-The 90's Arcade Racer (Kickstarter)
-Hyrule Warriors
-Bayo2 (with Bayo1!)
-Legend of Zelda in 2015
-Plus the next 3D Mario game by EAD Tokyo (maybe we'll see it revealed next year)

Yup, I'm getting a Wii U in the next few months, as soon as I feasibly can.

javac

I don't know why people doubt Nintendo when they lose their shit when Nintendo come out with the inevitable. Just admit it Nintendo has us all and owns our wallets with an iron fist! :p

Lernaean

Banned
In typical Nintendo cycle there are still people that don't believe the WiiU can run what was shown today.

Good thing crows are not threatened with extinction.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
-Plus the next 3D Mario game by EAD Tokyo (maybe we'll see it revealed next year)

It looks like a good portion of the SM3DW team is making that Captain Toad game. I suspect the rest of EAD Tokyo are working on non-Mario games if that is the case.

Garcia

-Mario Kart 8
-The 90's Arcade Racer (Kickstarter)
-Hyrule Warriors
-Bayo2 (with Bayo1!)
-Legend of Zelda in 2015

Yup, I'm getting a Wii U in the next few months, as soon as I feasibly can.

I'll wait 'til next year because chances are they will sell Zelda bundles.

Does anybody here think that there's a chance of us ever getting MM3D? They're launching Hyrule Warriors and this one already. Perhaps as an early summer/late spring release, like OoT3D? That'd mean 2014/08 - 2015/05? 2015/11? for HW - MM3D - ZU.

I'll wait 'til next year because chances are they will sell Zelda bundles.

I'll wait until the next christmas / season after launch. Look at what they did with OoT3D.

3bdelilah

Banned
This trailer + Hyrule Warrior + MK8 + Splatoon + All the other awesome in the Nintendo Announce made this happen.

BpymqMBIAAAcO42.jpg
Congrats, bro! Wish I had the funds so I could join you, would've bought it the day WW HD released.

By the time Zelda U releases I'm likely already graduated with a full time job. Perfect timing. :)

Portugeezer

tTG8Vwu.jpg

Guys, you can't deny she's a she.

She looks like Raitoningu, which is good for Zeruda.

For any other game I would say that is a female, but it is pretty hard to tell in Zelda sometimes, especially artworks... and with this being stylised, there is a possibility it's still a male Link.

But we'll see soon enough, although I don't think it's something Nintendo would necessarily care about changing.

Svafnir

I like the goats at the start of the trailer also looks some type of npc to the right, a goat herder? Who knows, but it's giving the impression the world won't just be a barren wasteland.

I don't know why people doubt Nintendo when they lose their shit when Nintendo come out with the inevitable. Just admit it Nintendo has us all and owns our wallets with an iron fist! :p

Honestly, if it was another "traditional" Zelda game, I wouldn't be nearly as excited. I was tiring on the formula--I never even made it halfway through Skyward Sword and I've been a fan since childhood.

Excited to see what they'll do with an open world.

Neo Child

Banned
For any other game I would say that is a female, but it is pretty hard to tell in Zelda sometimes, especially artworks... and with this being stylised, there is a possibility it's still a male Link.

But we'll see soon enough, although I don't think it's something Nintendo would necessarily care about changing.

Q56qa.gif

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
This looks goddamn amazing.

Wind Waker was the best looking Zelda game, but this is looking to take that throne away.

As soon as Nintendo fixes my GamePad I need to go back to Skyward Sword... or I could just hook my damn Wii back up I guess.

I absolutely love Link's new design. I love the change of pace they're going for with this game, I'm very, very pleased that this is going to be something completely different.

thats a boob though

Top Bottom