• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

Jobbs

Banned
Not to be a downer, but I am shocked at the amount of love this tease is getting. It looked amazing, but was incredibly short, the open world was talked about an in no way shown, and we don't have any characters, story, or any other details.

The beautiful art style, the promise of a big open world, and the credibility earned by ALBW -- All that's enough to get my underwear thoroughly soaked. When this first aired, my heart and penis rose together as one.

Frodo

Not to be a downer, but I am shocked at the amount of love this tease is getting. It looked amazing, but was incredibly short, the open world was talked about an in no way shown, and we don't have any characters, story, or any other details.

It is what people wanted. A game where you are thrown into a world and then you decide where to go from there. Art style is beautiful and game looks great. That is why people are excited.

Randomizer

The fact that people keep quoting them shows the subtlety in those shops lol. Don't hate on Ito because people aren't paying attention to the thread.

I always thought it was really weird and creepy when people expressed sexual arousal when talking about video games, but when I saw this trailer I gripped tightly and the tectonic plates below me began shift.

I'm excited by the promise of the concept as well as the incredible art direction, but I'm really disappointed that no gameplay was shown. Hopefully by the end of E3 we'll get a little round-table meeting where they talk about things in more detail.

Mokujin

I've been waiting for Open World Zelda since 2004 TP reveal, so I cant be happier, I really love the harder cel shading Zelda graphics closer to WW ones and the teaser got a lot of Miyazaki vibes like some people have already pointed out, the Mononoke reference is great plus that monster seems taken out of Laputa:Castle in the Sky kind of ancient/laser technology...

Soooo awesome.

And I was pretty sure they were going to change the graphical style, realistic Zelda wouldn't have worked that well in wii U/last gen kind of tech, would have seemed half-assed and ugly, the return of cel shading its a wonderful idea.

But now I hate to have to wait so much for this game...

Shaanyboi

Banned
crdeamE.gif

"OUT!"

Violet_0

Banned
Really guys, if they're bothering you I'll remove them.

But it doesn't look like it does for many of you.

So just tell me what I should do and I will.

nothing wrong with posting shops. It's kind of funny to see how many people fall for them

I love the look of this game. That first shot of Link on Epona in that valley looks like a living painting, even more so than Skyward Sword. I also really like Link. He looks like a grown up version of the Oracle Link or something. I also love what I'm hearing from Aonuma about you being able to go anywhere and the world being connected. That's one of my biggest complaints about Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, they started to break up the world too much. TP just had that desert area that was separate, but all of SS's areas were separated and only connected through the sky. I'm very excited about this game. I can't wait to see more.

clem84

Gold Member
OMG OMG OMG!!! WTF!!! It is beyond words!!! Holy crap! I haven't been this floored by a game in a LONG time!

WTF!? I can't believe how gorgeous it looks!

abrack08

Can we tell if Link is left or right handed?

Good question. Draws the string back with the right hand, so probably right handed.

Which means either

A) They switched to right handed previously for motion controls and decided not to switch back

or

B) Motion controls

I actually liked the motion controls in Skyward Sword, but I'd be lying if I said that didn't deflate my hype a TINY bit

WOW at the art-style. If all of Hyrule field looks like that... I really do hope they deliver on the scale. Also, please make towns more populated and give us more of them. And give us Hyrule Castle City.

And 2015 is fucked. There are way too many games coming out next year. 2015 is the new 2007.

Randomizer

Don't hate on Ito for posting fakes?

I don't dig that logic.

It's funny because all the nuts who think Link is a girl keep quoting them as evidence suggesting it's true. It's satire, sure it's a form of trolling but it is very funny. Obviously if it affects the general discussion and derails the thread too much I understand wanting rid of them.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This is the most incredible videogame footage I've seen. It's like the Mario Kart 8 treatment put into Zelda = it's just... perfect.

Onyar

Im not gone to be exited for this video.
I mean, it can be very cool (I love open worlds and love ocarina of time) but not enought information to be really exited.
Nintendo disappointed me so many times that I will have 0 expectations this time and hope to be different.

Such a shame this thread has turned into 40 pages of 'boy or girl?' debate.

Tbf, all we've got is a very pretty 45 second trailer that takes place in what is most likely Hyrule field. We know absolutely nothing else about the game.

I agree that the "boy or girl" debate is pretty ridiculous, for a lot of reasons.
However, I'm more annoyed at the "Why is Link so feminine!!?? Grrrrrr!" sentiment from some posters.

Jonm1010

Banned
An open world Zelda with beautiful Wind Waker inspired graphics(although I wish they would dial down the bloom), I'll probably buy a wiiU for this.

First Zelda game that looks genuinely interesting to me since Ocarina of Time.

The look of this game is perfect to me. It's incredibly detailed, yet vibrant and full of color. Link looks completely different from what he's ever looked like, he truly looks like the hero of a whimsical world. Miyazaki-esque, as many have said. I love it, I just want to see... gameplay.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
dahvfi.gif

Look at that GIF. Link uses his finger to pull out the energy blade end of the arrow. That shit is legit.
I've been on my second playthrough of WW HD these days, and 50% of the timelessness of that game is in the animations and overall dynamics of the world around you.

Animations are fundamental to the believability of what we see; a stick figure with good animations is likely to draw a stronger emotional response than the most photorealistic human model performing stiff movements.

Ito

nothing wrong with posting shops. It's kind of funny to see how many people fall for them

Well I wasn't exactly trying to fool people to laugh at them; I just had curiosity for seeing how many would fall if I slightly altered the pictures in the right spots.

I think I have presented enough evidence to demonstrate how ambiguous link's gender is in this new game. I have only used the warp tool to slightly enhance the breast, to shrink the waist. Then I put some more eyelashes (he already had) and added some glos on lips, nails and cheekbones.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely love what i saw, but my problem is that we saw so little. I mean, nintendo brought little else that was new and exciting, especially compared to both MS and Sony, so why then show so little of the one unannounced game that can build hype for nintendo? Its not like anything else really stood out on the scale that one expects at an E3 event.

Top Bottom