• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

Sacul64GC

Banned
He doesn't have his Hero's Tunic yet.
It's common in the Zelda games for Link to be in normal clothes before being chosen as the Hero.

Its not common for link to be first shown with out his green tunic. I think Nintendo wants us to know something is up. #TeamFemale!

Kuga

A female Link would be a fresh story element. Given the 'reincarnation' of the Hero ('s Spirit, of Time, etc.) and a timeline that spans ages, I don't see a reason that a woman couldn't take up the title.

Either way, the art style looks great and an open world might work out well. Looking forward to seeing more when the game is closer to completion!

Mortemis

Banned
I'm not gonna lie, tears rolled down when I saw this. Absolutely beautiful.

New Link isn't the best of designs, but I'm hopeful it will grow on me. 2015 is going to be an amazing year for gaming.

Veldin

I still feel like that's Zelda, not Link. And if it is Link, female Link yo.

Anyway, hyped as fuck. It feels nice to be really excited about Nintendo games again. Great stuff shown this year.

brainpann

Im very very pleased with how this game looks. Its also thd first Link design I like since Wind Waker. And the animation is amazing!

Chittagong

Gold Member
I haven't been this excited about Zelda since OoT. What an incredible world to dive in. It's amazing how they realised how formulaic Zelda had become and decided to focus on building a more living, inviting world rather than a string of instances. Skyrim certainly had an influence.

However, just like with OoT, this will never release on time, certainly can't see it to be a 2015 game.

clem84

Gold Member
Can I nitpick for a second?

This was all scripted. We don't know how this thing will behave during gameplay. The framerate, the controls, the camera, how the HUD will be... But we do know it will look unfuckin-believable and that's a good start! :)

Ito

Could be a water tunic. Or it could be early in the game and you haven't found the hero's tunic yet.

If I'm not mistaken, this would be the very first time that a Zelda game is revealed showing Link in his initial outfit?

Usually we get to see reveal trailers showing link with his green tunic, then, months after that, we get a second trailer featuring more of the game story, and that's when we get to see the initial clothes.

But this time... maybe that's Link's main outfit in the game!

It would be awesome, but I think he's missing a blue cap.

Thanks for posting those screens, game looks much better without the youtube compression.

Wish there was more shown of the game though, sadly it seems to be the case for most of the games at e3 this year.

Xun

Looks fantastic.

Are we likely to get more information regarding this during the week? I haven't managed to keep up with the schedule much.

Velti

Neo Member
A female Link would be a fresh story element. Given the 'reincarnation' of the Hero ('s Spirit, of Time, etc.) and a timeline that spans ages, I don't see a reason that a woman couldn't take up the title.

Either way, the art style looks great and an open world might work out well. Looking forward to seeing more when the game is closer to completion!

I want this SO. BAD.

I want that Link to be a girl. Or better yet, Zelda.

But either way, this does look AMAZING.

Velti

Neo Member
PSSH! Don't you know that blue is a boy's color??? #TeamMale!

Actually, in the past it used to be for girls, because pink was closer to the color of blood (agression) and blue was a more serene, peaceful color. #TEAMFEMALE

I also want to comment on how AWESOME the horse looks! I've been waiting for good horse animations (and controls/mechanics) in a Zelda game for a LONG time...

Dammit... time to find a discount Wii U. :I

stufte

Sketch of a Female Link
link_f.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, this would be the very first time that a Zelda game is revealed showing Link in his initial outfit?

Usually we get to see reveal trailers showing link with his green tunic, then, months after that, we get a second trailer featuring more of the game story, and that's when we get to see the initial clothes.

But this time... maybe that's Link's main outfit in the game!

It would be awesome, but I think he's missing a blue cap.

Or, hopefully, the cloak takes the place of the green color + cap because it's a great design and Link can toss the old hero's garb in the garbage cause he upgraded.

RyudBoy

It looks pretty cool. I'm sure Zelda fans will love it.

Confession time: I've actually never played a Zelda game other than a few minutes spent with Zelda 2 on the NES and the one on SNES. Tried the latter at a mall before the SNES officially launched. I think, or let's be honest here, I know I'm missing out on something great.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think they're just not using the green tunic and that this is the new main costume. The green cloak is the stand-in. They went out of their way to really REVEAL Link's look. They want you to take in just how different the new costume is.

Or, hopefully, the cloak takes the place of the green color + cap because it's a great design and Link can toss the old hero's garb in the garbage cause he upgraded.

I don't even mind that Link always ends up with a green outfit, but I wish each iteration would be a bit more unique from one another.

The hood is a step up. Hopefully it's at least integrated into the traditional outfit once it's acquired, or the player just gets to choose what to wear.

They might also add a "toss off cloak" button that you can press before a fight

Velti

Neo Member
I don't even mind that Link always ends up with a green outfit, but I wish each iteration would be a bit more unique from one another.

The hood is a step up. Hopefully it's at least integrated into the traditional outfit once it's acquired, or the player just gets to choose what to wear.

They might also add a "toss off cloak" button that you can press before a fight

This. Give us the OPTION of wearing the stupid tunic.

Top Bottom