• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next 2 major Bethesda releases are officially Xbox console exclusives (Starfield and Redfall)

elliot5

they should just let you plug a USB keyboard / mouse into a series X and run games like aoe4. Modern consoles are so similar to PCs it sucks that they don’t let them function as one.
I agree they should. I imagine part of the problem is making that delineation that this game cannot be played with a controller, though I expect them to figure out a way to streamline it with a controller like with Halo Wars 2.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I know you want to post doom and gloom for Xbox, but MS just made $15.5 billion profits last quarter. Pro-rated thats $62 billion profits per year.

Pretty sure they can cover Bethesda and Game Pass overhead.

But keep on being armchair accountant and "MS runs in silos" narrative.

Nothing I've written suggests "doom and gloom" for Xbox, I'm just telling it how it really is.

Look, I know the way they are marketing stuff makes people think "is there a limit to this thing?", but the truth is of course there's a "limit", they will have a set of targets and a certain annual budget within which to hit them.

Obviously I'm not privy to the exact numbers, but you don't need an MBa to figure it out:

They will be budgeting to release X number of titles to GP per quarter, of which Y will be headline releases, and Z will be catalogue product to fill out the roster and replace titles that are due to fall out of circulation. Of those titles, the Y group will be anticipated to be the most valuable, and so they will want to provide those titles from first-party as much as possible. Because buying them in is naturally going to be more r expensive than Z group product, and will also have the highest probability to be profit centres in their own rights.

Obviously opportunities will exist outside of the currently known to snatch-up potential hits from third party providers, so a certain amount of the budget will need to be set aside to take advantage should they crop up.

That's your fundamental formula, and they need to fill it out in the most effective way possible. Which means all kinds of stuff relating to release timings, dev cycles, and production budgets. Excess fat will get cut in order to assure adequate funding/resourcing for the important stuff. Phil won't be in his job for long if he's constantly going cap-in-hand to uncle Satya for a top-up to his departmental war-chest.

Because ultimately Nadella will have to justify everything to the bean counters and the stock-holders. And of course the bigger the spend the more scrutiny will be applied.

This is just corporate America. And the decisions made on a fiscal level filter down to the product level experienced by the consumer.

Forsythia

is redfall definitely console exclusive and not just timed to xbox ? seems abit of an odd choice to loose out on all sony fans. i do remember ms saying games will be better on xbox & yes i know Xbox owns them now but i assume it was already in dev before they where bought.

so who knows after a period of time they will release them on ps 5 i assume there is a cut off time for games being released to other platforms before they start exclusivity.
7gL997q.jpg

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
It had major issues but had stood the time especially with mods.

Besides the 2011 Skyrim...do you know what game/s have the Zenimax brands made that scored a 90+?

ALL of the Bethesda Game Studios single player WRPGs have scored VERY high
Elder Scrolls Oblivion - 94
Fallout 3 - 93
Elder Scrolls Skyrim - 96
Elder Scrolls Morrowind - 87
Fallout 4 - 88

The only low scoring games Bethesda Game Studios have produced are their 2 MMOs
Starfield is not an MMO, it is a single player WRPG and I imagine like all the others before it, it will score VERY high

Spidey Fan

Banned
I also like the idea that heavy insider info point to Sony trying to lock down exclusivity on starfield before MS bought them.

So Sony thought it was even worth the money at some point.
The fact that ghost wire tokyo, and deathloop is timed exclusives by sony, should tell you how strong bethesda is. These guys are just something else.

Maybe it wasn't clear but at the start of the post I was talking about the games of the conference, many of which were 3rd party and not MS games. Most of these 3rd party games were/will be multiplatform since day one or will be after timed console exclusive.

Regarding the 1st party games, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, Psyconauts 2 will be released on PS, Ori games were released on Switch. They keep releasing their updates and DLCs for Fallout 76 or ESO for PS. They also said many times that games like Mass Effect, Bioshock, Dead Rising or Lost Planet to name a few (and same goes with Sony) were exclusive. And his CFO said their focus with Bethesda was going to be 'first or best on Xbox', so I won't be 100% sure Starfield is a full console exclusive until a year or two after launch still remains without being announced for PS.
ok, remind me in two years.

CamHostage

Yeah Ghostwire and Deathloop are releasing on PC, same day as PS5. I honestly think it’s dumb to not show it at the E3 event, they’ll be better on PC anyway.
Heh, that is funny, it was a Bethesda + Microsoft combo conference (and Bethesda both opened and closed the show, which was kind of an unfortunate look for Xbox Game Studios,) but because Bethesda is now tightly aligned with Xbox by being purchased by shared-parent Microsoft, the company could not promote its own two upcoming products in its E3 trade show showcase.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Heh, that is funny, it was a Bethesda + Microsoft combo conference (and Bethesda both opened and closed the show, which was kind of an unfortunate look for Xbox Game Studios,) but because Bethesda is now tightly aligned with Xbox by being purchased by Microsoft, the company could not promote its own two upcoming products in its E3 trade show showcase.
Yeah and those games are out soon. It’s odd. Disrespectful to the devs. Tango was nowhere and Arkane was just mentioned via the CGI video of Redfall. All because of what, potentially grumpy Xbox fanboys?

Kazza

Sony guys are having an existential crisis over this news. The Bethesda deal is seriously the gift that just keeps on giving. Each and every time there is further confirmation about games NOT coming to PS5, the meltdowns start all over again.

Just amazing.

It's just like the Sony exclusives to PC situation. Things would be so much less painful for them if they were to just take the L and accept that anything is now possible in regards to PS ports coming to PC. Instead they fight it every step of the way, going all in on yet another indefensible position, only to be forced to retreat in complete disarray when the next announcement drops. I believe their current position is "ok, so some PS4 exclusives might come to PC, but no way will there be any PS5 games ported this gen!". The inevitable meltdowns have become half the fun, tbh :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nothing I've written suggests "doom and gloom" for Xbox, I'm just telling it how it really is.

Look, I know the way they are marketing stuff makes people think "is there a limit to this thing?", but the truth is of course there's a "limit", they will have a set of targets and a certain annual budget within which to hit them.

Obviously I'm not privy to the exact numbers, but you don't need an MBa to figure it out:

They will be budgeting to release X number of titles to GP per quarter, of which Y will be headline releases, and Z will be catalogue product to fill out the roster and replace titles that are due to fall out of circulation. Of those titles, the Y group will be anticipated to be the most valuable, and so they will want to provide those titles from first-party as much as possible. Because buying them in is naturally going to be more r expensive than Z group product, and will also have the highest probability to be profit centres in their own rights.

Obviously opportunities will exist outside of the currently known to snatch-up potential hits from third party providers, so a certain amount of the budget will need to be set aside to take advantage should they crop up.

That's your fundamental formula, and they need to fill it out in the most effective way possible. Which means all kinds of stuff relating to release timings, dev cycles, and production budgets. Excess fat will get cut in order to assure adequate funding/resourcing for the important stuff. Phil won't be in his job for long if he's constantly going cap-in-hand to uncle Satya for a top-up to his departmental war-chest.

Because ultimately Nadella will have to justify everything to the bean counters and the stock-holders. And of course the bigger the spend the more scrutiny will be applied.

This is just corporate America. And the decisions made on a fiscal level filter down to the product level experienced by the consumer.
Again, you are being armchair accountant and know nothing about how things work at MS. And unless anyone on GAF knows the inner workings of their finances and targets, you talking about profit centres and silos means nothing.

If MS was so down in Xbox profits, they would never have kept it going 20 years later or bought Zenimax for $7.5 billion. So all your formulas can be thrown out the window.

From your other post. lol. OK doom and gloomer "next couple of years".

It seems to me that the greater the disruption to prior operational practices, the higher the likelihood of divestment of staff, assets and facilities. Especially in publishing as to some degree that will be duplicate function to that offered by XBox Studios equivalent, and whatever else is part of the MS mothership.

Divestment is nearly always a loss siloed under "special expenditures" for the FY. So expect that to show up at some point in the reports over the next couple of years.

Last edited:

Fredrik

It's just like the Sony exclusives to PC situation. Things would be so much less painful for them if they were to just take the L and accept that anything is now possible in regards to PS ports coming to PC. Instead they fight it every step of the way, going all in on yet another indefensible position, only to be forced to retreat in complete disarray when the next announcement drops. I believe their current position is "ok, so some PS4 exclusives might come to PC, but no way will there be any PS5 games ported this gen!". The inevitable meltdowns have become half the fun, tbh :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Last gen

Sony fans:
- Hah! MS exclusives aren’t real exclusives, I could just go play them on my PC, teehee! 🤭

Xbox fans:
*grumble* 🤬

PC gamers: Pretty cool, right? 😏

This gen:

Xbox fans:
- Hah! Sony exclusives aren’t real exclusives, I could just go play them on my PC, teehee! 🤭

Sony fans:
*grumble* 🤬

Next gen?

Xbox and Sony fans:
- Wait what are you saying that all this time we’ve been able to play Microsoft’s and Sony’s games on our PCs?!? 😲

Um plenty from the last 2 generations?

Skyrim 96
Oblivion 94
Fallout 3 93
Dishonoured 91

The sheer number of high 80s is impressive too;

Fallout 4 88
Dishonoured 2 88
Doom Eternal 88
Wolfenstein 2 88
Doom 2016 87
It is wild to me that Prey somehow scored lower than all of those games. I've been playing it since they released the 60 FPS patch Series X, and holy shit, how did I miss this game?!?! Honestly I put it up there at the same level as Dishonoured 2 in both atmosphere and Gameplay....

I mean,, you can just play it else where…

give them your Gamepass money. Play it where ever Gamepass is available… 2-3 months beat it and unsubscribe…

since Microsoft doesnt care for your loyalty to them.. its more of a rent service.. you can move on from it when youre done with games

Hezekiah

Banned
Heh, that is funny, it was a Bethesda + Microsoft combo conference (and Bethesda both opened and closed the show, which was kind of an unfortunate look for Xbox Game Studios,) but because Bethesda is now tightly aligned with Xbox by being purchased by Microsoft, the company could not promote its own two upcoming products in its E3 trade show showcase.
Years of work and they were unable to promote it, pretty shameful.

Should we laugh that they haven't made a AAA rated game since the 360 era?

Oh and 80's isn't shit but it means the games got shit with them.
Dude, are you really going to shit on 80 rated games?

Horizon Zero Dawn, Ghost of Tsushima, Nier Automata, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Spider-Man, The Uncharted Collection, and Yakuza 0 are all games that scored somewhere in the 80's.

Do those games "have shit wrong with them"? Nah, that is a list filled with awesome freaking games that deserve to be played, almost unanimously.

Derktron

Banned
I wasn't impressed with Returnal either so
giphy.webp
Do not care, this is not Sony this is Microsoft we are talking about. Don't confuse me with two topics here now, I'm dumb and need a bit of help. Help me find the way of ignorance and fanboyism.

MonarchJT

Banned
Some people on here come across as really delusional.

That $7.5bn is significantly more than the Xbox gaming division makes in any single year. Hell, the Zenimax acquisition and the money being ploughed into GamePass mean the Xbox division's profits are going to small this entire generation.

At some point the Xbox division needs to stand on its own feet. Some people act like Microsoft are the gaming equivalent of Man City, just throwing money around from a bottomless pit because they can 😄. The aim of the game is ROI which is why we will see a change in approach sooner rather than later - they have a duty to their stakeholders (and these don't align well with those of forum fanboys).
after the conjunction of PC and console platforms the introduction of gamepass (and its objective incredible success) ... looking to the future honestly it looks foggier for Sony than for Ms. Sony, not having its own Cloud platform, is in a big disadvantage position. The same goes for the PC platform were Microsoft can integrate as much and as they wants everything that is Xbox and Gamepass directly into their owned operating system and slam it in your face every time you hit the start button with or without your consent . In the future with the new CShell could also turn windows10/windows11 in a Xbox auto-modifying the interface of windows to the one of the console once a
BT gamepad is connected. Sure Sony still have those 4 or 5 Incredible capable studios that are doing TPAs games but in the future they will need (if they don't want to remain a niche in the closed world of consoles) the PC userbase to remain competitive, all to the detriment of the totally closed ecosystem that they have defended with their teeth until today. The real war has just begun ...Microsoft has managed to move the playing field to something much more congenial to them (integration,compatibility, services). They know this and they want to capitalize and that's why you see them spending like they never did before.

Last edited:

junguler

Banned
exclusives just hurt gamers and no one else, i will never celebrate someone not getting a game i have access to.

Hezekiah

Banned
after the conjunction of PC and console platforms the introduction of gamepass (and its objective incredible success) ... looking to the future honestly it is foggier for Sony than for Ms. Sony, not having its own Cloud platform, is in a position of distinct disadvantage. The same goes for the PC platform Microsoft can integrate as much and as they wants everything that is Xbox and Gamepass directly into their owned operating system and slam it in your face every time you hit the start button with or without your consent . In the future with CShell could also turn w10/w11 in a Xbox auto-modifying the interface to that of the console once a gamepad is connected. Still Sony have those 4 or 5 Incredible capable studios that are doing TPAs games but in the future they will need (if they don't want to remain a niche in the world of consoles) the PC userbase to remain competitive all to the detriment of the totally closed ecosystem that they have defended with their teeth until today. The real war has just begun ...Microsoft has managed to move the playing field to something much more congenial to them. They know this and they want to capitalize and that's why you see them spending like they never did before.
This was really hard to read.

But you do realise Playstation Now is a cloud-based streaming service available on PlayStation and PC platforms?

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

ALL of the Bethesda Game Studios single player WRPGs have scored VERY high
Elder Scrolls Oblivion - 94
Fallout 3 - 93
Elder Scrolls Skyrim - 96
Elder Scrolls Morrowind - 87
Fallout 4 - 88

The only low scoring games Bethesda Game Studios have produced are their 2 MMOs
Starfield is not an MMO, it is a single player WRPG and I imagine like all the others before it, it will score VERY high
Like stated earlier....
They haven't made a 90+ rated game in a very long time.

90+ average is considered very high.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
This was really hard to read.

But you do realise Playstation Now is a cloud-based streaming service available on PlayStation and PC platforms?
Sorry for my English

yes I know .... Sony is forced to rent the servers for it significantly lowering earning possibilities. Service that is not in fact active in many countries and it is objectively not a success .. it has just reached only 3 millions of users despite being much older than gamepass which probably is already at 25 million and I don't want to know where it will go with the halo f2p and the Forza H5 release.

We will see a rebranding of the service .. where Sony will try to bring it closer and make it more similar (as far as possible) to gamepass.

Last edited:
Like stated earlier....
They haven't made a 90+ rated game in a very long time.

90+ average is considered very high.

Metacritic literally doesn't mean a damn thing. It's a collection of opinions no different from what you might find on a random game forum or social media site, except they're longer. What makes them any more credible than a excited gamer who buys a game and has a different opinion to any number of reviews?

yurinka

Yes, and almost all were 3rd party timed exclusives. What you and so many delusional Sony fans don't seem to get is that Bethesda is now Xbox FIRST PARTY. It's the same thing as Naughty Dog or Guerilla is to PlayStation. The only big first party exceptions I can think of is Minecraft and MLB The Show.
How about these ones?
-Minecraft DLC PS4+Switch
-Minecraft Dungeons PS4+Switch
-Ori Switch
-Ori 2 Switch
-Psychonauts 2 PS4
-Doom Eternal DLC
-Doom Eternal PS5 patch
-Elder Scrolls Online PS5 patch
-Elder Scrolls Online PS4/PS5 DLC
-Fallout 76 PS4/PS5 DLC
-Deathloop PS5 timed console exclusive
-Ghostwire Tokyo PS5 timed console exclusive

I understand the Psychonauts KS, and that to break the deal with Sony for Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo may have been expensive (or not, compared to $7.5B), but what happens with the other ones? Why didn't they stop releasing new stuff on PS? Why did they release Minecraft Dungeons multiplatform and the Ori games on Switch? Why the Xbox CFO said their strategy for Bethesda said it was 'first or best on Xbox' and Phil said 'I can't sit here and say all Bethesda games will be exclusive because we all know it isn't true'?

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Sorry for my English

yes I know .... Sony is forced to rent the servers for it significantly lowering earning possibilities. Service that is not in fact active in many countries and it is objectively not a success .. it has just reached only 3 millions of users despite being much older than gamepass which probably is already at 25 million and I don't want to know where it will go with the halo f2p and the Horizon 5 force release.

We will see a rebranding of the service .. where Sony will try to bring it closer and make it more similar (as far as possible) to gamepass.
Sony bought Gaikai and OnLive so they clearly have some infrastructure of their own.

I'm sorry GamePass simply isn't earning the mountains of money some people claim it is, even Greenberg admits this - and Microsoft has since added a load of third-party content to it, and committed to all their own games to it on day one. And we haven't heard any announcements beyond the 18m at the start of the year. Windows Central speculated 23m. You've now plucked 25m from seemingly nowhere. And we all know lots of people subscribed as significantly-discounted rates.

Sony makes it money on selling games, dlc, and microtransactions directly. Micosroft is going a different route because what it was doing before wasn't working.

Last edited:

MonarchJT

Banned
How about these ones?
-Ori Switch
-Ori 2 Switch
-Psychonauts 2 PS4
-Doom Eternal DLC
-Doom Eternal PS5 patch
-Fallout 76 PS4/PS5 DLC

I understand the Psychonauts KS, and that to break the deal with Sony for Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo may have been expensive (or not, compared to $7.5B), but what happens with the other ones? Why didn't they stop releasing new stuff on PS? Why did they release Minecraft Dungeons multiplatform and the Ori games on Switch? Why the Xbox CFO said their strategy for Bethesda said it was 'first or best on Xbox' and Phil said 'I can't sit here and say all Bethesda games will be exclusive because we all know it isn't true'?
stop it is becoming frustrating...there are more possibilities that God of war release on different platforms like PC than Elder scrolls 6 on PS5

Kagey K

Banned
How about these ones?
-Ori Switch
-Ori 2 Switch
-Psychonauts 2 PS4
-Doom Eternal DLC
-Doom Eternal PS5 patch
-Fallout 76 PS4/PS5 DLC

I understand the Psychonauts KS, and that to break the deal with Sony for Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo may have been expensive (or not, compared to $7.5B), but what happens with the other ones?
They promised they were going to continue supporting legacy content and that's what they are doing. Are you upset that they are continuing? Would you rather they stop?

yurinka

They promised they were going to continue supporting legacy content and that's what they are doing. Are you upset that they are continuing? Would you rather they stop?
I don't care if they continue or not (I never bought a Bethesda game), I'm just showing facts of what Bethesda is doing now and what MS said or did in the past.

I don't care about them, I never bought a Bethesda game. Read again carefully his wording, he didn't say legacy content. When he talks about contractual obligatins he may talk about games beyond Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo. When he talks about supporting the communities of players in other consoles he also may mean new game entries for these IPs and not just next gen patches, free updates and DLCs. When he says 'exclusives' he can mean or include timed console exclusives, because notice that when he mentions 'that ship on' doesn't say instead 'that only ship' and notice that also mentions 'on platforms where Game Pass exists' instead of saying 'Xbox and PC' as if Game Pass could go to other consoles in the future (maybe next gen?):

"Obviously I can't sit here and say every Bethesda game is exclusive, because we know that's not true. There are contractual obligations that we're going to see through, which we always do in every one of these instances," said Spencer.

"We have games that exist on other platforms, and we're going to go and support those games on the platforms they're on. There are communities of players, and we love those communities and we're going to continue investing in them.

"But if you're an Xbox customer the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you, that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists.

It would be way easier and way more clear to say: "In non-MS consoles we'll keep releasing DLCs for the already published games, but after Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo, once we honored our existing deals, we don't plan to release more new games for Sony and Nintendo consoles. All of them will be full Xbox console exclusives."

Last edited:

TrebleShot

I’m glad Microsoft has something for the series x and it’s going to be console exclusive they really need it and I want something to show off the series x.

For the fanboys, when Sony announce what they wi be releasing in the same time period I’m pretty confident these two games will be fairly insignificant unfortunately.

S0ULZB0URNE

Metacritic literally doesn't mean a damn thing. It's a collection of opinions no different from what you might find on a random game forum or social media site, except they're longer. What makes them any more credible than a excited gamer who buys a game and has a different opinion to any number of reviews?

But I see things differently.
I know when a game rated very well( as CatLady CatLady put it) if it's my type that I can't go wrong.

Your opinion is noted though.

MonarchJT

Banned
Sony bought Gaikai and OnLive so they clearly have some infrastructure of their own.

I'm sorry GamePass simply isn't earning the mountains of money some people claim it is, even Greenberg admits this - and Microsoft has since added a load of third-party content to it, and committed to all their own games to it on day one. And we haven't heard any announcements beyond the 18m at the start of the year. Windows Central speculated 23m. You've now plucked 25m from seemingly nowhere. And we all know lots of people subscribed as significantly-discounted rates.

Sony makes it money on selling games, dlc, and microtransactions directly. Micosroft is going a different route because what it was doing before wasn't working.
Onlive had just and only 5 datacenters that given their technology they had to be more or less within the maximum range of 1000km to function decently. Most likely they sold the datacenters prior to the acquisition..

Gaikai never had datacenters ..it was working renting Nvidia grid.

For comparison Ms in 2010 had more than 220 physical datacenters and nearly 600 through partners like equinox.

23m subscribers came from jez of windows central ..they usually know Ms things

You're right Microsoft would never have worried Sony if the game had stayed in Sony's favorite field. But things are changing fast.

Last edited:

CatLady

How about these ones?
-Ori Switch
-Ori 2 Switch
-Psychonauts 2 PS4
-Doom Eternal DLC
-Doom Eternal PS5 patch
-Fallout 76 PS4/PS5 DLC

1. MS made an agreement when they bought Minecraft that they would continue to offer and support it on all platforms.
2. I'm surprised someone that thinks they are so knowledgeable as yourself is not aware Xbox does NOT own Moon Studios - they are NOT FIRST PARTY
3. Psychonauts 2 is on PS4 (only no PS5) because of promises made with their Kickstarter before they were purchased by Xbox
4. Phil has already stated they would continue support and updates for games already existing on other platforms
5. There was a legal contract in place for Deathloop and Ghostwire BEFORE Xbox bought Bethesda

Sunset Overdrive is an exclusive on Xbox - because it was made BEFORE Insomniac was bought by Sony. Does that mean Insomniac games are simply timed exclusives on PlayStation now and will be releasing on Xbox in a year or two?

How long are you and the other delusional fanboys going to continue these ridiculous mental gymnastics. It's over, LET-IT-GO

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Do not care, this is not Sony this is Microsoft we are talking about. Don't confuse me with two topics here now, I'm dumb and need a bit of help. Help me find the way of ignorance and fanboyism.
acfa5d3c556b9aa17d57476e93992792.gif

Sorry can't help you with that one, criticism is my department 😐
But hey, at least MS has shown something, that's gotta count....
Surely Sony don't think showing one already announced game a month before will do, or perhaps they do🤔
And don't get me started on the backwards compatibility with anything not PS4 🤬

S0ULZB0URNE

1. MS made an agreement when they bought Minecraft that they would continue to offer and support it on all platforms.
2. I'm surprised someone that thinks they are so knowledgeable as yourself is not aware Xbox does NOT own Moon Studios - they are NOT FIRST PARTY
3. Psychonauts 2 is on PS4 (only no PS5) because of promises made with their Kickstarter before they were purchased by Xbox
4. Phil has already stated they would continue support and updates for games already existing on other platforms
5. There was a legal contract in place for Deathloop and Ghostwire BEFORE Xbox bought Bethesda

Sunset Overdrive is an exclusive on Xbox - because it was made BEFORE Insomniac was bought by Sony. Does that mean Insomniac games are simply timed exclusives on PlayStation now and will be releasing on Xbox in a year or two?

How long are you and the other delusional fanboys going to continue these ridiculous mental gymnastics. It's over, LET-IT-GO
Sunset Overdrive is owned by Sony now.

yurinka

MS published these games on Switch as a 3rd party publisher. Notice the bottom right corners of the trailers:

image.png

image.png

Yes, it's what I said. The PS4 will be playable on PS5 btw

No, Insomniac won't release more games on Xbox because Sony doesn't publish games on other consoles. But MLB agreed with Sony to make it multiplatform and MLB would publish it outside PS.

Btw, when Sony bought Insomniac also bought the Sunset Overdrive IP, so if Sony wants they will be able to make sequels, movies, comics, remakes or whatever they want with that IP. In fact they recently renewed the trademark so they may use it soonish.

S0ULZB0URNE

Xcloud will be soon an app on a tv ..or a browser tab on a Mac or any other device
everyone can play those games, if soneone want a better experience ms has a hw for then starting at 299 and also an operating system that supports all those games. PlayStation only users are not in the Microsoft ecosystem.
I don't enjoy playing my Xbox games on my computers.
I am not into the cloud but trying it via a cell phone if I'm out sounds interesting.
I enjoy my Xbox games on my consoles.

CatLady

MS published these games on Switch as a 3rd party publisher. Notice the bottom right corners of the trailers:

image.png

image.png

Yes, it's what I said. The PS4 will be playable on PS5 btw

No, Insomniac won't release more games on Xbox because Sony doesn't publish games on other consoles. But MLB agreed with Sony to make it multiplatform and MLB would publish it outside PS.

Btw, when Sony bought Insomniac also bought the Sunset Overdrive IP, so if Sony wants they will be able to make sequels, movies, comics, remakes or whatever they want with that IP. In fact they recently renewed the trademark so they may use it soonish.

You're obviously just trolling at this point, but in case I am mistaken and you are actually genuine in these pitiful and desperate attempts to will these games to come to PS you should seek help. It's time for you to accept the fact that PlayStation isn't getting any new games made by Xbox Games Studios/Bethesda Softworks developers other than the very slight possibly of a new online only MMO.

CamHostage

image.png

Interesting that they went with "Microsoft Studios" instead of "Xbox Game Studios" on that one. (However, Ori 1 was published by "Microsoft" in the Xbox and PC releases of the product.)

Ori 2 was brought to Switch through IAM8BIT.

Yes, and almost all were 3rd party timed exclusives. What you and so many delusional Sony fans don't seem to get is that Bethesda is now Xbox FIRST PARTY. It's the same thing as Naughty Dog or Guerilla is to PlayStation. The only big first party exceptions I can think of is Minecraft and MLB The Show.

It's a little different.

Naughty Dog and Guerrilla are developers that Sony Interactive Entertainment acquired to bring into the SIE Worldwide Studios business family.

ZeniMax Media (owners of Bethesda Softworks and all of its properties) is a publisher that Microsoft bought to add to its gaming portfolio, which also includes Xbox Game Studios hardware and software production as well asSmash.gg Esports, Playfab backend server operations, AltSpaceVR virtual reality, Havok physics technology, and others. The studio will be closely aligned with the operations of Xbox Game Studios obviously, for the benefit of parent company Microsoft, but they will have their own fiscal calendar to worry about.

It is generally foolish to still cling to hope that other Bethesda games will still come to PlayStation some day. (Phil Spencer is obviously very much interested in making this partnership easy for Bethesda to align itself only with his team's console.) From the financials and corporate structure, however, it's more complicated than simply saying "LOL, MS=XBOX".

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Why not? They didn't seem to mind leaving all those lovely Xbox and PC dollars on the table with Spiderman.

I genuinely can’t tell if you don’t know who owns the rights to Spider-man, or if you’re making a very clever and subtle commentary on the convoluted nature of intellectual property rights.

gYxaJZ7.jpg

Last edited:

SaucyJack

Hmmm, re thread title …… are Starfield and Redfall actually the next two major Bethesda releases?

Redfall is “Summer 2022” and Starfield is well over a year away at 11/11/22; but Deathloop is 14/09/21 and Ghostwire Tokyo is also 2021.

/pedant mode

Top Bottom