• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NXE Launch Thead - Nov 19th at 10am GMT

Jonnyram

SuperPac said:
Getting the message "can't retrieve information from Xbox Live" a lot currently. Trying to d/l Kingdom for Keflings and Photo Party. Can't. Anyone else?
I'm getting it a lot on the Japan marketplace. I thought they'd just forgotten to test it or something. Probably too much traffic.

LiK

Jonnyram said:
Holy moly, the new MGC is sex!

JonnyRam.png

i didnt know you were that old :p

angelfly

SuperPac said:
Getting the message "can't retrieve information from Xbox Live" a lot currently. Trying to d/l Kingdom for Keflings and Photo Party. Can't. Anyone else?

I keep getting them as well, although I still managed too download two demos.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
MThanded said:
Wow netflix streaming is amazing. Just restarted my account in 5 minutes I was activated and watching a movie in HD. Flawless victory.
Do you have to use HDMI to get HD content from Netflix?

Chinner

Banned
i got a question. once you've installed a game to the harddrive, when you go back to my xbox and press on the first tab thing (that says play game) will it play from the dvd or hdd?

SuperPac

angelfly said:
I keep getting them as well, although I still managed too download two demos.

Even going into the community games. I can't even get the info for Weapon of Choice to load. Throws me an 8000ffff error saying the information can't be retrieved, then when I hit A to close that it says the item is no longer available and spits me back out at the top level.

MCD

Chinner said:
i got a question. once you've installed a game to the harddrive, when you go back to my xbox and press on the first tab thing (that says play game) will it play from the dvd or hdd?
hdd

PhatSaqs

Banned
GAF avatar overload :lol
Played around with it a little this AM. Pretty cool so far.

Oh, and MS is gonna make a TON of money off of avie customization :lol

Mohonky

Anyone else getting a lot of 'Could not connect to Xbox Live' errors? I mean I'm logged onto Xbox live, but sometimes while browsing the marketplace etc I'm getting errors saying it couldn't retrieve data etc.

I figure this is more something to do with MS servers currently being hammered. Marketplace when some things do load is pretty slow as well. I've been trying to get the Penny Arcade theme but I just keeps searching for ages so I figured I would come back and try later.

SuperPac

Mohonky said:
Anyone else getting a lot of 'Could not connect to Xbox Live' errors? I mean I'm logged onto Xbox live, but sometimes while browsing the marketplace etc I'm getting errors saying it couldn't retrieve data etc.

Constantly. On nearly everything I try to load that's any further down than the top level of the NXE. Keflings, Photo Party, Weapon of Choice's 'page.'

Mohonky said:

I figure this is more something to do with MS servers currently being hammered. Marketplace when some things do load is pretty slow as well. I've been trying to get the Penny Arcade theme but I just keeps searching for ages so I figured I would come back and try later.

I got that a lot with NXE even on Monday.

Returners

The new NXE promises 16:10, but seriously might just as well be 720p with black borders.

I'm running on 1680x1050 resolution and all I get are black borders on the top and bottom of the monitor, and now I can't even get it to run at 720p properly (even when using the monitor's internal scaling. Anyone have a solution to this?

acm2000

Jasoco said:
jStereo.png

I'll give it a few days, but if I don't get my ability to play my videos again I'm going to be angry. It's 50% of the reason I use my Xbox. I switched from an AppleTV and bought both Connect360 AND Rivet to play them. All was fine until now. It better just be a bug or there will be hell to pay.

delete, and redownload the codec media file thing

burnfout

Update ruined my music and movie streaming completely.

Doesn't recognize my MP3's anymore, and if I want to watch a avi file, I have to download an update again? Which I already downloaded once, and doesn't fix it?!

Update sux.

Mohonky

SuperPac said:
Constantly. On nearly everything I try to load that's any further down than the top level of the NXE. Keflings, Photo Party, Weapon of Choice's 'page.'

Yeh it must be a server thing then. Whats this Weapons of Choice page?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I can't connect to shit.

Plus, the new UI is even more retarded to navigate than the blades were.

Ricker

SuperPac said:

Yep,since a lot of people are playing around with NXE,regular stuff shoould be like that for a few days I guess...small price to pay I guess.

SuperPac

Mohonky said:
Yeh it must be a server thing then. Whats this Weapons of Choice page?

Just the game info page, where you download the trial or buy, or view the game info/screens. Not loading. Now not even the "New Arrivals" on XBLA will load for me.

Pimpbaa

Returners said:
The new NXE promises 16:10, but seriously might just as well be 720p with black borders.

I'm running on 1680x1050 resolution and all I get are black borders on the top and bottom of the monitor, and now I can't even get it to run at 720p properly (even when using the monitor's internal scaling. Anyone have a solution to this?

The black borders are SUPPOSED to be there in order to display the 16:9 picture properly. Before, you were getting a squat image.

xbhaskarx

I finally got Netflix to work!

Wow, I had no idea so many movies were available in the instant queue...

Dead Ringers?? I paid over $40 for a new copy of the OOP Criterion, and now you NXE bastards get to watch it for free whenever you want! :lol

NeXuSDK

burnfout said:

Doesn't recognize my MP3's anymore, and if I want to watch a avi file, I have to download an update again? Which I already downloaded once, and doesn't fix it?!

Update sux.

I've had NXE right from the first preview program and media sharing works as good as ever, maybe even better.

Returners

Pimpbaa said:
The black borders are SUPPOSED to be there in order to display the 16:9 picture properly. Before, you were getting a squat image.

so the black borders are intentional? even for 16:10 image? ARGH

then isn't it NOT 16:10 as promised?

Ricker

Oh and Fallout 3 install is just what i wanted,complete silence,no more disk spinning every once in a while to read stuff and it cut the already short loadings in half....only problem is I have now 2.6 gig left on my 20...seriously contemplating getting the 120 gig now,even though it's overpriced.

clav

Returners said:

It is 16:10 since it's not stretched.
Ricker said:
Oh and Fallout 3 install is just what i wanted,complete silence,no more disk spinning every once in a while to read stuff and it cut the already short loadings in half....only problem is I have now 2.6 gig left on my 20...seriously contemplating getting the 120 gig now,even though it's overpriced.
Do that or build it yourself.

Can anyone confirm if FFXI works properly once you do the new install disc thing and you get the no disc spinning junk?!?

Pretty pathetic you basically need the game installed TWICE (the old main install + the new disc imagine thing) but whatever.

I can't test it cause I only have an old launch hard drive (the small as one) and there is not enough room left to install the image, but I'll go get a 120gig one tomorrow if I know it works!

Thanks!!!

Manp

installed it on my Elite, so far so good...

apparently with the NXE they launched the Movie marketplace for Italy too.
well, i think they did... if it was already there before i've never noticed :lol

:)

DarkJC

Returners said:

The borders are exactly why people wanted 16:10 resolution support, so they didn't get a vertically stretched image. The improvement to image quality using a proper aspect ratio is very nice, in my eyes.

Bravo MS for a huge update like this to only take 3.5 minutes to download and install.

/shakes fist at PS3 firmware. Compatibility with some games my ass.

pswii60

Returners said:

DUH

Games are made in 16:9, the 360 can't magically make them 16:10. It's not MS's or the game developer's fault you've got a stupid monitor.

The problem before was a 16:9 image lost its correct aspect ratio and stretched to 16:10. Now, it uses black border to give the correct aspect ratio on a 16:10 monitor.

Do you want movie studios to re-film all their movies in 16:10 for you?

Chinner

Banned
burnfout said:

Update sux.
I just reinstalled the download and it works now.

xbhaskarx

WTF, I am trying to add a few movies, the first two:
Das Boot, not available on Xbox.
In Cold Blood, not available on Xbox.

I will kill everyone at Sony....

Brakara

Wollan said:
Personal:
- Europe/Norway Live: no Netflix, no XNA(?), no movie marketplace.

I'm in Norway and have access to both Netflix and Community Games. It takes some work to set it up, but it's doable.

pswii60

Rlan said:
Great articles there mate. Community Games is the best thing to happen to the industry in a long time.

smik

CronosBlade said:
Bravo MS for a huge update like this to only take 3.5 minutes to download and install.

/shakes fist at PS3 firmware. Compatibility with some games my ass.

this

seriously whats with the ps3 long load & install times /Shakes fists x2

Top Bottom