• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Office: Final Season |OT| It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

The Jim and Pam plot was set up amazingly well, especially with the Roy and Laura wedding dinner. That whole section felt like a moment out of the classics. I'm really looking forward to seeing this develop. Seeing all that was a stark contrast to that horrific Taliban subplot. Just.. what the hell. You have some really good main plot going on here and suddenly this shit comes out of nowhere. Also, are they setting ap a Clark/Erin thing with that last shot? Please, no more.
Agreed.

Erin can't leave Andy. It just can't happen.

It was a cool episode and definitely better than the premier. Lets hope it gets better.

I couldn't tell if we were supposed to think New Jim had Andy go to Clark's apartment with Erin because he wanted to screw over Clark or because he was being a good guy.

erin gets more beautiful every season

i think its the hair

thought this was a pretty decent ep.. i loved how roy had done so well for himself and left jim & pam feeling inferior

last we saw him i think he was working for the vitamin shoppe lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
Hit and miss so far.

Jim and Pam plot is great. Creed is great. Oscar plot is funny, sorry haters, they built for it from the moment he first met him. New guys are pretty good too, loved the creepy unbuttoned black director shirt, and the wonkyness of the other guy. Dwight was generally great, seems to be the more assholey Dwight of early seasons.

Not sure what to think of Kevin. Maybe they have made him too stupid now. Stanley and Phyllis are pretty wooden so far. Darryl was a bit flat, but film stuff was funny.

Some stuff was too over the top, mainly the tight rope stuff, rubbish throwing (meta joke yeah), Taliban stuff. Andy's bullying. Erin is just filler.

But I can certainly see potential here. It seems like the show could retain some of the old magic for this season. Just don't go too much out of the office, like the awful S8 did.

oatmeal

Banned
The wedding stuff was great.

Other than that, pointless meh bullshit just like last season.

Give me an ongoing arc, and not one about some new dude taking Erin shopping.

mdphilli

Erin can't leave Andy. It just can't happen.

I totally forgot that Andy and Erin got back together. Does that make me a horrible person? Liked the premiere better, but I still liked this one more than pretty much every other episode the past couple of years. I'm digging Pete and Clark and I hope there is more conflict to be had there.

Best part might have been the look on Jim's face when he turned to see Bob Vance and Phyllis sucking face during Roy's She's Got a Way cover. Honorable mention goes to Creed hating the Taliban but liking their heroin.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Probably not going anywhere. They needed more characters to fill the void left by Kelly and Ryan leaving.
They really didn't. The show's biggest problem is they just kept adding cast members as it went on, and still feel the need to replace a character every time someone leaves. At this point, they have so many characters, they don't even know what to do with half of them.

Kelly will be back, since its only a matter of weeks before Fox cancels her new show anyway.

I find Mindy Kaling to be incredibly unlikeable. They won't bring her back because the show is going to be cancelled though.

The latest episode made me feel crappy. But I am all in for the whole thing.
I have loved the show so much. I am still on board.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Remember when weird and awkward was one of the show's strong points?

Yeah, but that also led to many on this board saying that "Dinner Party" was one the show's "best" episodes, which is the exact opposite of the truth.

As for last episode, it was meh. Creed is still hilarious, though--his line about Nellie not actually existing was classic.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
New episode info, no Office on the 11th of october.

OCTOBER 18th:
9x04 "Work Bus" said:
The office hits the road — when Jim convinces Dwight that the building is unsafe; Dwight rents a bus and sets up the office inside. Nellie asks for Andy’s help in adopting a baby. Meanwhile, Jim tries to make Pam happy with some pie. Directed by ‘Breaking Bad’ star Bryan Cranston.

Turns out there are 24 half hour episodes this season, with a potential hourlong series finale.

big ander

Kelly will be back, since its only a matter of weeks before Fox cancels her new show anyway.

mindy'll get at least the season I think, it premiered ahead of Ben and Kate, the other new fox tuesday comedy, kept a good majority of its New Girl lead-in, and only lost to NCIS in its time slot. if and when a fox sitcom is canceled (which will only happen after mob doctor is axed) it'll probably be ben and kate first.

anyway, even if her show did get axed right away I don't know that I could see her coming back to the show. who knows.

Cousteau

What was the reason given for Kelly and Ryan's exit?

Also, I'm wondering what kind of series box set they will come up with. A file cabinet containing all the disks?

big ander

Hope not. The hour long episodes never worked.

that was when they were randomly making them an hour each week for that stretch in season 4, but you could tell the eps just felt like two pieces stitched together. an hour finale would be easier to build momentum for and pack full.
What was the reason given for Kelly and Ryan's exit?

Also, I'm wondering what kind of series box set they will come up with. A file cabinet containing all the disks?
mindy-kaling-the-mindy-project-poster-first-look.jpg

bj novak's a staff writer on it and kaling is, well, mindy.

edit: oh, you mean the in-show reason? kelly's boyfriend was moving to miami (ohio) and ryan followed her with the cover that ohio is going to be the next silicon valley

Quick

Banned
I'm okay with Nellie on this episode. I've been really hating Andy this season, so it was good seeing him getting kicked down, especially by Nellie.

And I'm good with Pete and Erin. Maybe I'm just hating on Andy a lot.

Solid episode. This season is already leagues ahead of last years. Catherine Tate looked pregnant. Her hips are huge and her belly looked a little bloated. Or maybe i just didn't notice before.

Quick

Banned
Solid episode. This season is already leagues ahead of last years. Catherine Tate looked pregnant. Her hips are huge and her belly looked a little bloated. Or maybe i just didn't notice before.

She slimmed down considerably between her stint in Doctor Who (End of Time Part 2 being her last episode) to this season.

She looked fine in Search Committee (season 7 finale), very thin in season 8, and she seems to be healthier in season 9.

strobogo

Banned
Last season wasn't bad, it was just completely unmemorable. Outside of Robert California's weirdness, I can't remember any major plot points or moments and I just watched the whole season.

Sanjuro

This show has been dead to me for some time, I just keep going through the motions.

However! The opening was one of the best ever.

VanWinkle

This episode was the best in over a season (not saying much, I know). I admit, I laughed out loud at the "woah, this person got him or herself in a predicament" moment.

rando14

Just got caught up with the new season.

Dwight Jr is terrible. Pete (Jim clone?) has potential. Not sure why they're trying to set up some more love interests for Erin when we had that huge deal b/w Erin and Andy in Florida last season.

Looks like we're getting more Creed this season than usual. While Creed is awesome, it's because he comes in small bursts. Overuse could be bad but we'll see.

Story seems to be fine so far.
Looks like they're setting up for Jim and Pam to leave once and for all, maybe Darryl too. Since Dwight has his spinoff thing I guess they'll tie that to the story too.

Murrah

Banned
This episode was the best in over a season (not saying much, I know). I admit, I laughed out loud at the "woah, this person got him or herself in a predicament" moment.

That and the clapping both got me pretty good. It's definitely the most I've enjoyed the show in a few years, and aside from not liking Andy at all anymore I'm completely back on board...somehow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom