• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official FFXII Wait Thread

Majmun

The wait is almost over. For the Japanese people...

NA has to wait a bit longer. Especially Europe. :'''(

Diablos

Greenpanda said:
I'll probably play and enjoy FF XII when it's eventually released, but all the delays have kept me from being at all excited about it - at this point, it's more like a mirage that floats out on the horizon with promises of a release and never actually materializes.
EXACTLY. FFXII was originally supposed to come out in 2003.

They should be able to have the game almost fully translated by now, as I would imagine the story was finalized quite some time ago, correct? Let's hope Squeenix will be generous and release it quickly to the States after the Japanese release.

Diablos

I just can't believe they allowed it to continue slipping.
I realize he got sick... but they should have been able to move forward without him.

Do you guys think this means FFXIII has already been in development for quite some time, and will come out shortly after FFXII?

Xellotah

Himuro said:
This is a great thread highlighting how fucking useless Square has been this gen. Fuck you Square.

To be fair on square, they have been through some major upheavals (mergers) this gen. Kudos to them for not rushing out FFXII to prop up the bottom line.

Zilch

Banned
Diablos said:
Do you guys think this means FFXIII has already been in development for quite some time, and will come out shortly after FFXII?

Well, with Kitase and Nomura pretty involved in their respective projects (Dirge of Cerberus and KH2) I don't think they've had much time to focus on creating another FF sequel. However, both of those projects were recently finished and released, so I'm betting we'll start seeing FFXIII info sometime soon...

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Diablos said:
I just can't believe they allowed it to continue slipping.

I can't believe they didn't drastically cut content and hurriedly finish it off.

It's an unholy mess of a project, but delaying it is the least of Square's crimes.

jett

D-Member
Yeah Square has sucked MAJORLY this generation. I own nearly 20 Square games for my ps1...just 3 for my ps2(and one of them is DQ8 so it doesn't really count).

Diablos

jett said:
Yeah Square has sucked MAJORLY this generation. I own nearly 20 Square games for my ps1...just 3 for my ps2(and one of them is DQ8 so it doesn't really count).
The lack of Square games this gen is sad. I think the FF:TSW flop really killed lots of future potential.

It's too bad Sony didn't scoop them up, now they have to deal with Enix politics with the release schedule and budgeting.

ronito

jett said:
I have to agree. How the mighty are fallen. Enix on the other hand...they're doing quite well (comparably)

Duderz

Banned
Boo hoo for Square. Their best game last gen was done by the team that finished FFXII, so at least we know they'll go out with a bang.

Diablos

Duderz said:
Boo hoo for Square. Their best game last gen was done by the team that finished FFXII, so at least we know they'll go out with a bang.
It all depends on how big the gap between FFXII and XIII is... implying that XIII is single player of course.

I don't think anyone will put up with another 5 year wait and simply stop caring...

Captain N

Am I one of the few people who will import this game? I can't wait for it to release here in the states so I shall get it in March.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Holy hell I read the first page thinking this was a new thread. Every single comment still applies, even down to the Zelda and KH2 anticipation!! Sad really.

Red Scarlet

I'll be importing it too. Duckroll will but he said he was going to go AWOL until he finishes. I'm pretty sure that Bebpo and john_tv will import it, but who knows if they'll talk about it much. Mandoric may import..so there could be a couple people talking about it as we play through. :)

Top Bottom