• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The official Mega Man 10 thread At least it's not Mega Man Universe.

Echoes

1287965-mm1.png

I know all of us are playing, but come on!

3 bosses down, loving it. Very different from 9 from my experience so far. Levels are more punishing.

DLC:

6iegdv.jpg

******mod abuse******
DLC:
* Bass Mode - $2 / 160 Microsoft Points / 200 Wii Points
Play the game as Bass. Bass can shoot in 7 directions. Some of his abilities differ from Mega Man's.

* Special Stage 1 - $1 / 80 Microsoft Points / 100 Wii Points
An additional stage for Time Attack with its own special Boss.

Wii - 4/5/10
Xbox 360 - 4/7/10
PlayStation 3 - 4/8/10

* Endless Attack - $3 / 240 Microsoft Points / 300 Wii Points
Test your skills on a stage without end. Try to break the record for getting the farthest.

* Special Stage 2 - $1 / 80 Microsoft Points / 100 Wii Points

* Special Stage 3 - $1 / 80 Microsoft Points / 100 Wii Points

Wii - 4/26/10
Xbox 360 - 4/28/10
PlayStation 3 - 4/29/10
******mod abuse******

TheCardPlayer

Likes to have "friends" around to "play cards" with
5 bosses down. I needed to use the weaknesses and they are pretty easy to figure out. Normal mode FTW! Then it's on to Hard.

Seriously, this game is amazing. I think it may be even better than MM9. Level design certainly is.

Good, MM10 deserves an official thread of some sort. I will be downloading and playing as soon as I get home from work tonight!

Thread title should be renamed "Official Mega Man 10 Thread of Easy Mode for Pussies"

:p

Edit: Dammit ^ was in b4 pussy!
meow

Echoes

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I hate this new thread.
I'm sorry, I must sleep for work in about an hour or so and I want to play this game so bad. If you can construct it better then go ahead.

Loving the game a lot. It feels different. I mean, we got 9 recently and yet this feels a whole lot different, in a good way.

Just beat Chill Man. 4 more to go!

Echoes said:
I'm sorry, I must sleep for work in about an hour or so and I want to play this game so bad. If you can construct it better then go ahead.

Loving the game a lot. It feels different. I mean, we got 9 recently and yet this feels a whole lot different, in a good way.

Just beat Chill Man. 4 more to go!
Would you say it has more of a MM6 feel in terms of level structure?

Sanjuro

Echoes said:

Chill Man.
I'm just carrying over my lack of XBLA hate from the other thread, your thread is fine...except for the fact it is garbage!

Ranger X

There's an easy mode?
What are the changes if you play in easy mode? I'd like to know because the MM9 demo repulsed me because it was too hard for my liking. (or lazyness)

dralla

MM9 is one of my favorite games this gen. But the robot masters and the music I have heard hasn't really done anything for me. Will buy day 1 of course (PS3), I just don't know if it can be as awesome as 9.

Echoes

Scythesurge said:
Would you say it has more of a MM6 feel in terms of level structure?
I'm not very familiar with 4~6 (wasn't fond of the charge) but I can tell you it's definitely not 1~3. Not at alllll.

P.S I will play 4~6 once they hit the VC.

Sanjuro

Bah he is playing as Protoman. So far the only thing I hate about the revival is him. I don't like how he plays at all in this style of game.

jarosh

i'm just re-posting my two cents from the other thread:

game's a ton of fun. but the music is one heck of a disappointment. except for nitro man's stage of course. and maaaaaybe chill man's. god, the boss music is just awful. guess i expected more after mm9's excellent soundtrack. it's a shame too, cause the rest of the game seems to be pretty damn good - at least that's the impression i got from the short time i've played it so far. some of the level gimmicks are really fucking clever and deliciously vicious. and i personally dig the wacky robot master designs.

Guys, for those of you thinking about easy mode, just let me tell you that the game ALMOST plays itself. It's that easy. You will be able to blow through it really fast and if all you want to do is see the game through, by all means. But you will feel like such a loser. :lol

Gomu Gomu

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178166http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3178166

The bosses aren't as clever this time around. The graphics seem more bland, and the music is less memorable. The weapons aren't as versatile, either. (As a matter of fact, the weapons seem to have been built primarily to be useful against the one boss they were intended to defeat, with little consideration to their use outside of those showdowns.) The levels aren't as devious, relying more on tons of instantly fatal pits and spikes rather than the ingenious inversions and devices that made MM9 so brilliant. The further you play, in fact, the more MM10 feels like one of the PlayStation Mega Man X titles. That makes sense, of course, since developer Inti Creates had a hand in games like MMX4 and X5. But that familiarity makes MM10 feel like your average Mega Man sequel -- something we've seen entirely too many of over the years, and a real disappointment coming on the heels of something that was anything but your standard Mega Man game.

That said, these are all fairly abstract complaints and have little to do with its fundamentals. Even if MM10 fails to reach its predecessor's lofty peaks, it's still a damn fun game. It plays wonderfully, with perfect controls and precise collision detection. It's incredibly challenging in places, and there's even an easy mode for those who aren't afraid to ask for mercy (though it's a little too easy for seasoned veterans). Even if you're not as likely to grin ruefully when you die like you did in MM9, you'll still find yourself coming back for more.

interesting.
B

MoxManiac

Ranger X said:
There's an easy mode?
What are the changes if you play in easy mode? I'd like to know because the MM9 demo repulsed me because it was too hard for my liking. (or lazyness)

Changes level design and enemies. Also, it's only accessible to people whose balls haven't dropped yet.

lyre

Ranger X said:
There's an easy mode?
Normal:
ive9vo.jpg
ohs6ts.jpg

Babby:
2cfyvb.jpg
293d950.jpg

TheCardPlayer

I think that Parish was far too hard on the game, but it doesn't really surprise me. The man is a huge fan of MM9 and I understand him. After all, he's one of the few to publicly say that the game was better than MM2. And he was right!

Then again, my favorite NES Mega Man is 5, and it's the one he hates the most, so of course, we will be at odds with MM10. This is another MM2/MM3 situation. MM9 is 2 again. The favorite. MM10 is 3, the underdog.

But like he says ,it's still one of the best 2D action games to come along in years.

I don't really disagree with what Parish said but I think he was too harsh. For me the soundtrack really isn't a lot different from other MM soundtracks. You have good tracks, and then you have the great tracks. Same thing applies to MM10. Also I disagree about the stages, I think they're plenty creative enough and they don't feel "samey" to me. The one thing I would almost completely agree on though are the bosses. I like them enough but they're nothing worth writing home about. It's still a largely insignificant complaint to me though. It's not the best classic MM game ever, but I would say that it's better than the installments post-MM4/pre-MM9.

TheCardPlayer

brandonh83 said:
I don't really disagree with what Parish said but I think he was too harsh. For me the soundtrack really isn't a lot different from other MM soundtracks. You have good tracks, and then you have the great tracks. Same thing applies to MM10. Also I disagree about the stages, I think they're plenty creative enough and they don't feel "samey" to me. The one thing I would almost completely agree on though are the bosses. I like them enough but they're nothing worth writing home about. It's still a largely insignificant complaint to me though. It's not the best classic MM game ever, but I would say that it's better than the installments post-MM4/pre-MM9.

Hmmm. All and all, I'd say

MM9>MM5=MM10>MM3>MM4>MM2>MM6>RF>MM7>MM8

The problem with Mega Man 10, is that it came out after MM9. After the balls to the walls insane MM9, there was no way MM10 could satisfy us the same way.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
There's no way to rank this game yet; it's only been a damn day!

Still, it's easy to say this game is ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AWESOME. And I've only beaten two stages so far!

I can't tell if it's harder or easier than MM9, though. That's probably a good thing. =)

TheCardPlayer said:
The problem with Mega Man 10, is that it came out after MM9. After the balls to the walls insane MM9, there was no way MM10 could satisfy us the same way.

True, I am an absolute crazy fan of MM9, it's second best to MM2 IMO. I don't want to start ranking until I beat it though, which could... be... a while.

jarosh

mm9's visuals are most certainly NOT better than mm10's. neither of them come close to the detailed sprite art and the wonderful backgrounds of mm5 and mm6, but if anything mm9 is the blander one of the two.

Dacvak said:
There's no way to rank this game yet; it's only been a damn day!

Still, it's easy to say this game is ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AWESOME. And I've only beaten two stages so far!

I can't tell if it's harder or easier than MM9, though. That's probably a good thing. =)
Nice! :D

I need to play this baby for myself ASAP.

TheCardPlayer

jarosh said:
mm9's visuals are most certainly NOT better than mm10's. neither of them come close to the detailed sprite art and the wonderful backgrounds of mm5 and mm6, but if anything mm9 is the blander one of the two.

Yeah, there is no way MM10 looks worse than MM9. It's far more detailed.

I think the simple artwork was part of 9's charm. Back to basics. I can't comment on 10 though b/c I've been on blackout so I can experience the game TO THE MAX.

TheCardPlayer

What's awesome is that we are arguing, about whether a reviewer was too harsh on the game...that he calls one of the best 2D games in years.

You just know that Capcom rocks too much, when it does that.

jarosh

i'm really not all that far into mm10 yet but i can already tell i'm not gonna agree with parish. "your average mega man sequel" sounds like an odd complaint. mm5 and mm6 were both amazing games, among my favorite of the classic mega mans. the series only took a turn for the worse with mm7 and the abysmal mm8. the only really bad one before that (and i'd rank it below your "average mega man sequel" even) was mm4, if you ask me (which just so happened to have introduced the awful charge buster too - i'm so glad that's gone again).

Coolio, I'll be picking this up with my shiny new "Nintendo points" card (the last time I bought one of these, it was Wii Points) today :D

TheCardPlayer

jarosh said:
i'm really not all that far into mm10 yet but i can already tell i'm not gonna agree with parish. "your average mega man sequel" sounds like an odd complaint. mm5 and mm6 were both amazing games, among my favorite of the classic mega mans. the series only took a turn for the worse with mm7 and the abysmal mm8. the only really bad one before that (and i'd rank it below your "average mega man sequel" even) was mm4, if you ask me (which just so happened to have introduced the awful charge buster too - i'm so glad that's gone again).

Again Parish thinks that MM5 is the worst game in the series. So maybe we shouldn't put too much weigh behind his words. That and he's the world biggest MM9 whore. The only way MM10 would have been good in his eyes, would have been slapping a 10 on MM9's title screen.

Balb

I've only played a couple of stages so far, and I don't think it's as good as MM9. I hope I change my mind later though.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyone complaining about the soundtrack is fucking dumb.

No, not because the soundtrack is amazing, but because, like with most games, sometimes memorable songs take a while to sink in. I didn't fully appreciate some of the MM9 songs until weeks later. I've only played two stages so far (Sheep Man and Pump Man, or whatever he's called) and neither of the songs struck me as "bad" initially. Most Mega Man music takes a few solid listens to appreciate.

Also, after playing Sheep Man's level, it's pretty clear that the overall level design is fucking great. MM9's was great, too, so it's impossible to say which is better since the game's only been out for a short while. But I'm guessing the same people complaining about this game were the ones complaining about MM9 when it released.

Even when you're directly comparing MM10 to MM9, it seems damn good, imo. But let's take away comparisons for a second; no matter how you slice it, MM10 is a great game.

So far.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I beat the game about an hour ago.

Normal Mode, MM.

The music is rad and the Wily Fort has some amazing bits to it, especially the first and last level.

I'd go as far to say that the only thing 9 has over this one are the weapons.

TheCardPlayer

Man God said:
I'd go as far to say that the only thing 9 has over this one are the weapons.

I'd say the only thing MM9 has over 10, is the fact that it came out before. If 10 was 9 and 9 was 10, we'd be wondering, WTF happened.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I see Endless mode... Ill buy it at a high price.

its all that matters, For anyone who hasnt played Endless mode. You are missing out on the best thing MM9 offers, MM10 will be godly.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Endless Mode and Superhero mode aren't just any ordinary DLC already "on disk" they are enough content to equal the rest of the game. For so a few more bucks you got twice the game.

jarosh

TheCardPlayer said:
Again Parish thinks that MM5 is the worst game in the series. So maybe we shouldn't put too much weigh behind his words. That and he's the world biggest MM9 whore. The only way MM10 would have been good in his eyes, would have been slapping a 10 on MM9's title screen.
well, i didn't mean to attack parish or question his taste or anything. and i'm not one to bitch about reviews or review scores. but i think it's an interesting discussion. of course if the guy thinks mm5 is so bad, i already know we're probably gonna have dissenting opinions on quite a few things mega man... but then again i LOVE mm9 too, just like him ;)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People in this very thread have crazy opinions about MM5. That game is boring, samey, and all too easy, or in other words the exact opposite of this game.

Love, love, love the game.

Best game I've played since....well, Mega Man 9!

I can't wait to play through it all over again. But I gotta let somebody else play it right now... :( :(

So much fucking fun.

CapGod has done it again.

Top Bottom