• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGaf Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Thread

Shoho

Banned
Alec said:
You hate Cloud and Sephiroth because of idiotic fans...? It seems to me like you're one of those people that hate games that they've never played strictly because other people profess their undying love for it, because it's "cool to hate" and to be contrary to popular opinion.

I felt that way when I was in 7th grade and the original Smash Bros. came out on N64. I have since gotten over this mindset.

Yeah I admit it. Like tons of stuff that is popular and popular to hate.

But yeah. I have a big problem with does FF7 fan. Listen mate... Being fan of a game is great. But some of these FF7 fanatics... its like a cult of idiots. They are beyond annoying. I take major offense to them.
It's on the boarderline to insanity, just across the street from facisism and fanatisism and other bad isms, that I can't spell correctly.

Its people like does that are responsible for why I never bothered to play FF7 in the first place. I enjoyed FF8 alot though. Perhaps because it was the underdog. perhaps because it wasent hailed as "the shizzle" by a million lame ass 12 year olds on gamefaqs. it just annoys me.

I like tons of stupid weak and stupid crap like Pigeons, Linkin Park and the old Keen games by Id... I dont hate because something is popular.

I hate because sometimes, something comes along that has its fans become an abomination.

If they remake FF7 for PSP/PS3 then I would give it a try, but I have simply lost to much faith in the community surrounding that game. It's like Xbox Live times a thousand.

Shoho

Banned
Evonus said:
Jesus Christ.

I think the worst of it is using "does" in place of "those."

Whatever dude.

I still think Dirge is gods vengeful retribution on does ungodly assholes I mentioned before.

Christ be with you, to the rest of the decent FF7 fans who dont go around everywhere putting sepiroth and cloud in different name variations in their user names, in game names, passwords and goddam snow when they are taking a piss while writing in the winter...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Shoho said:

But yeah. I have a big problem with does FF7 fan. Listen mate... Being fan of a game is great. But some of these FF7 fanatics... its like a cult of idiots. They are beyond annoying. I take major offense to them.
It's on the boarderline to insanity, just across the street from facisism and fanatisism and other bad isms, that I can't spell correctly.

Its people like does that are responsible for why I never bothered to play FF7 in the first place. I enjoyed FF8 alot though. Perhaps because it was the underdog. perhaps because it wasent hailed as "the shizzle" by a million lame ass 12 year olds on gamefaqs. it just annoys me.

I like tons of stupid weak and stupid crap like Pigeons, Linkin Park and the old Keen games by Id... I dont hate because something is popular.

I hate because sometimes, something comes along that has its fans become an abomination.

If they remake FF7 for PSP/PS3 then I would give it a try, but I have simply lost to much faith in the community surrounding that game. It's like Xbox Live times a thousand.

But yet you seem to like Naruto? Common ... sense ... failing

Shoho

Banned
Skilletor said:
If I went to gamefaqs, and cared about opinions there, I would hate everything. Life included.

Well Neogaf aint that different. It's all internet. It's all full of elitism assholes. "We are better than them" mantra.

It's called janteloven.

Snowden

Banned
Shoho said:
Whatever dude.

I still think Dirge is gods vengeful retribution on does ungodly assholes I mentioned before.

Christ be with you, to the rest of the decent FF7 fans who dont go around everywhere putting sepiroth and cloud in different name variations in their user names, in game names, passwords and goddam snow when they are taking a piss while writing in the winter...
NARUTO

edit: NARUTO

Alec

Shoho said:

1) GameFAQs? You should know better.

2) Linkin Park? GameFAQs has been rubbing off on you, apprently. (OH SICK BURN)

3) By this logic, because you hate the majority of users on Xbox Live, it's going to prevent you from using the service completely?

Just play FF7. If you can't enjoy it because you're constantly thinking "Blah blah fanboys blah blah" then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Skilletor

Shoho said:
Well Neogaf aint that different. It's all internet. It's all full of elitism assholes. "We are better than them" mantra.

It's called janteloven.

Since it's all internet, perhaps you should stop caring what other people on the internet say and form your own opinions.

Shoho

Banned
darnit. Okay you owned me:(

I'll... *sigh* play it when I get the chance. Thanks for further runing my life you bastards. My E-penis just shrinked two inches.

But in the end it doesnt really matttttteeeerrrrrr....

Got $25 in credit for trading in BioShock last week and I'm really tempted to pick up CC today. I just haven't been in an RPG mood lately though.

inner-G

Banned
disappeared said:
Got $25 in credit for trading in BioShock last week and I'm really tempted to pick up CC today. I just haven't been in an RPG mood lately though.
You don't need to be in an RPG mood.

Just buy it, and you will be in the mood the second the intro boots up. :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
disappeared said:

Not exactly a hardcore RPG by ANY measure.

Shoho said:
I'll... *sigh* play it when I get the chance. Thanks for further runing my life you bastards. My E-penis just shrinked two inches.

shrunk*

Anyways, I just beat
Sephiroth
and I do think that I fucked myself in the game. I did alot of Very Hard missions and got tons of good materia and leveled to 36 before fighting the above mentioned boss.

Anybody else have this problem?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Saren is Bad said:
shrunk*

Anyways, I just beat
Sephiroth
and I do think that I fucked myself in the game. I did alot of Very Hard missions and got tons of good materia and leveled to 36 before fighting the above mentioned boss.

Anybody else have this problem?

Overleveling is a common thing in RPG's really, that's why I don't grind anymore ... hell ever since the original FF VII where I killed the last boss in 5 hits.

Roxas

Jswanko said:
still got couple hours, plus best part of the story.

Yup, just completed it and fuck me was the last couple of hours awesome.

Loved the whole ending
although very sad
, the parts where
Zack was fighting alone against all those shinra troops and helicopters was especially sad. You knew what was coming and you cannot do anything to stop it. All his memories showing up as he was dying is what did it for me. This part reminded me a lot like the very ending of Shadow of the Colossus.

There was a slight time paradox moment i picked up on with the ending. In Final Fantasy VII
when Cloud "regains" himself with the help of Tifa, isnt it established that when she finds him in a train station in Midgar, he is still suffering with Mako Poisening? Yet in the end of Crisis Core, when he speaks to Zack, he seems ok? So when he is walking off to Midgar does the poisening come back or something?

Klone.K

The ending was disappointing for me, but I see that I'm in the minority on that. But the the whole, you're evidence that I was alive thing was just really weak and the whole scene lacked a lot of substance. Half of it consisted of flashbacks.

That said I'm not an FF fan anyway (except the SNES ones), so I'm biased about this game too. Still looking forward to 13 though.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Roxas said:
There was a slight time paradox moment i picked up on with the ending. In Final Fantasy VII
when Cloud "regains" himself with the help of Tifa, isnt it established that when she finds him in a train station in Midgar, he is still suffering with Mako Poisening? Yet in the end of Crisis Core, when he speaks to Zack, he seems ok? So when he is walking off to Midgar does the poisening come back or something?

Well, they added a lot of stuff in crisis core and the other FF7 compilation games that would require some sort of expansion in the FF7 storytelling.

They added too many characters and more events in the FF7 universe which would need a revised version of FF7 to fill in the holes. This gives credence to the FF7 remake theory, if it ever occurs somewhere down the line.

Shit! I lost some good materia because my inventory was full. :(

Other than that I've really loved this game. I'm at the last save point but I've hesitated to finish it since I kinda know what's going to happen and I want to do more side-quests.

Teknoman

I'd just like to say that no one in the FF series is an emo person or a whiny bitch in the least bit.

And if you DO want to say any are, it would only span between VII and VIII's Squall and Cloud. And they really arent either of the two still. Cloud's got some mental problems from mako poisoning among other things, and Squall is just like one of those "cool kids" who doesnt get really enthusiatic about anything...in the beginning anyway.

Really getting tired of people running the whole emo and whiny stereotype into the ground. One gaming mag writer says it, and then EVERYONE follows.

Barrett2

Ninja Kn1ght said:
Shit! I lost some good materia because my inventory was full. :(

Other than that I've really loved this game. I'm at the last save point but I've hesitated to finish it since I kinda know what's going to happen and I want to do more side-quests.

Im' in the same position, I just don't want it to end, so I am doing nothing but missions now to prolong the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You all have to watch the ending. It's probably the best game ending since FFX, maybe longer.

I'd just like to say that no one in the FF series is an emo person or a whiny bitch in the least bit.

Irvine. I'll defend FF to the day I die, but Irvine can eat a dick.

The Jason

I'm so pissed, I haven't played my PSP for month because I was waiting for this game, so I bought it, and now my psp is getting disc read errors! Its such a cock block.

Fusebox

Banned
How do I avoid Death?

Not the inevitable losing of life, but these flying things (which die quite easy) only need to get off one shot of this 'Death' spell at me and I die, even when I've got 9000+ health.

Feels like I'm getting near the end of the game but I don't want it to stop!!

diddlyD

Banned
im playing through this now. man it sure can look amazing. beautiful game. the battle system has me mystified a bit, at least the seemingly random slot machine thing. need to read the instruction booklet.

one thing that mystifies me even more is how certain things got included in the game. for example, the part where they
decide to shell the home town of genesis. then there is that sequence where you have to time hitting x with the small shells aimed at your head. and of course the last one changes camera angle just to fuck with you.
the whole thing about this, the premise, the execution, is so amazingly lame and ludicrous.

yeah i know its just a tiny mini game but still.

Raging Spaniard

Fusebox said:
How do I avoid Death?

Not the inevitable losing of life, but these flying things (which die quite easy) only need to get off one shot of this 'Death' spell at me and I die, even when I've got 9000+ health.

You need the Safety Bit item, you get it by doing some mission, check a FAQ somewhere.

Personally I had no problem dodging that spell, but eh, works different for everybody.

I gotta say, I'm not a big Final Fantasy VII fan (my opinion being that its a great idea trapped in a horrible, shitty game) But Crisis Core has done an excellent job of getting me hyped about the series again.

Fusebox

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
You need the Safety Bit item, you get it by doing some mission, check a FAQ somewhere.

Personally I had no problem dodging that spell, but eh, works different for everybody.

Ta, I was able to finish the missions these creatures were in by avoiding battle with them or going mental on them with dps if I did have to fight them, but I wasn't able to avoid the spell. Even if I rolled at the right time the spell name stays at the top of the screen and as soon as they move in range I go *ugh arg aaakkkk* and die.

Ferrio

Banned
Roxas said:

He was still fucked up. He was just repeating everything zack said, and not really comprehending it until Zack died.

Fusebox said:
How do I avoid Death?

You can get a Safety Bit that'll protect you against Death in one of the Tonberry missions. I don't remember which one, but just make sure to find every treasure chest.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Are most people playing on Normal? It seems a bit too easy at times, but I do die once in a while. Is hard mode more challenging or just obnoxious?

JonAmikar said:
Are most people playing on Normal? It seems a bit too easy at times, but I do die once in a while. Is hard mode more challenging or just obnoxious?

obnoxious

example: boss in normal mode - 15k hp, hard mode - 80k hp

ridiculous.

suzu

Fusebox said:
Doh! I finished all the Tonberry missions already so I guess I missed it.

Status Ward + Death type materia (such as Hell) protects against Instant Death. You can reply missions also.

OK so i just finished it... and totally cried at the end... i dunno why.. i've never cried from a game... lol am i the biggest pussy ever or has anyone else shed a tear at the ending???

i didn't sob or anything... just kinda... sat there and teared up... :p... i hope that dosn't make me sound too wussy

Monocle

dustytruly said:
OK so i just finished it... and totally cried at the end... i dunno why.. i've never cried from a game... lol am i the biggest pussy ever or has anyone else shed a tear at the ending???

i didn't sob or anything... just kinda... sat there and teared up... :p... i hope that dosn't make me sound too wussy

Well, the end is pretty moving, so I'd say tearing up isn't the most unusual reaction.
I think it was beautifully done, especially considering how a lot of people knew what had to happen based on FFVII. The part with the DMW really got me.

awe that makes me feel better... the ending was sooooo awesome...
even though i pretty much knew exactly what was gonna happen from FF7...
just the whole story was AMAZING and soooo moving and so good... just a truly great ending

yeah the DMW thing was super awesome... and when it was stuck on Aerith i was getting teary lol... because he'd never be able to read the letters :(... so sad

i only hope they remake FF7 at some point... because with these new graphics it'd look so awesome and it's a game that desperately needs to be redone... just for the fan's sake... and for all the people who play crisis core and never got the chance to play FF7...

Monocle

Fusebox said:
I have those! Thx for the hot tip.

I prefer pairing Hell Blizzaga with Status Ward because it's the only spell in the Hell class that causes Stun in addition to the other effects (and thus protects you from the same).

By the way, if you want to see something hilarious use Status Strike + any Hell materia. It causes normal attacks to inflict Stop, Silence, Poison and Death. :D

Dot50Cal

Banned
The Twisted Headband is a life saver, literally :p It always makes Endure cast, so if you DO die, you are just spit out of your mission. I don't think there are any penalties either. I didn't even know you could be thrown out to the main menu if you died, and I'm at the end of the game now.

One quick question though. For New Game +, do you keep your mission progress? If not, I guess I'll have to go through the other 50%.

Zyzyxxz

dustytruly said:
i only hope they remake FF7 at some point... because with these new graphics it'd look so awesome and it's a game that desperately needs to be redone... just for the fan's sake... and for all the people who play crisis core and never got the chance to play FF7...

well the problem would be whether to make it using FFXII's battle system or keeping the old. Personally my taste for turn based battles in RPG's have grown stale after nearly a decade of playing JRPGs.

You would get the true die hard JRPG fans wanting turn based action but it would seem outdated to some after what was done with FFXII

Top Bottom