• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Super Tuesday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
-jinx- said:
sp0rsk whacked Lefty for a month. Just so you know.

Aww come on, a month? Can I partition it to be lowered to a week plz :(

My list
Feb 9th/10th:
Louisiana: Obama
Nebraska: Obama
Washington: Clinton
U.S. Virgin Islands: Obama
Maine: Clinton

Feb 12th:
District of Columbia: Obama
Virgina: Clinton
Maryland: Obama

Feb 19th:
Hawaii: Obama
Wisconsin: Clinton (very close)

March 4th:
Ohio: Clinton
Texas: Clinton
Rhode Island: Obama
Vermont: Obama

harSon

Banned
Cheebs said:
I think it will have little effect on so called momentum. This isn't one of the big 3 early states or super tuesday. The media attention for them is minimal.

Why do you keep changing your tune? When momentum is in Obama's favor, the word becomes taboo. Just last month you went on and on and on about Hillary Clinton having momentum :lol

Edit: And you guys say Obama fans wear rose tinted glasses, Clinton winning Virginia... Really Phoenix?

Cheebs

harSon said:
Why do you keep changing your tune? When momentum is Obama's favor, the word becomes taboo. Just last month you went on and on and on about Hillary Clinton having momentum :lol

Edit: And you guys say Obama fans wear rose tinted glasses, Clinton winning Virginia... Really Phoenix?
I thought momentum would lead to Cali being close according to everyone here? Cali was a double digit blowout. And don't pull the HE WAS 20 BEHIND TWO WEEKS AGO! The last 5 days EVERY obama fan on gaf claimed cali would be very very close and the delegate split would be nearly 50-50, it wasn't.

harSon said:
Why do you keep changing your tune? When momentum is Obama's favor, the word becomes taboo. Just last month you went on and on and on about Hillary Clinton having momentum :lol

He is flip flopping all over the place. You should have been on AIM with us during Super Tuesday. He went from "omg Clinton in landslide" to "omg those exit polls are dead wrong" to "omg ALABAMA for Clinton" to "omg kennedy am irrelevant" to "omg...well...clinton won bigger states..." :lol

Rur0ni

Cheebs said:
I thought momentum would lead to Cali being close according to everyone here? Cali was a double digit blowout. And don't pull the HE WAS 20 BEHIND TWO WEEKS AGO! The last 5 days EVERY obama fan on gaf claimed cali would be very very close and the delegate split would be nearly 50-50, it wasn't.

Delegate Count:

169 Obama
201 Clinton

52/42 % Split. I think that's pretty close. Considering the circumstances.

Cheebs

Rur0ni said:
Delegate Count:

169 Obama
201 Clinton

52/42 % Split. I think that's pretty close. Considering the circumstances.
52/42 isnt what gaf obama fans were saying. They said it would be extremely close due to his momentum, they said clinton would win but it would be extremely close due to momentum over and over. They went insane over Maria Shriver.

10% is a blowout.

Anyone know where I can see the candidates schedules for stops? I'm an officer in my college's Democrats club and I'm trying to organize to get people to a speech or rally in PA. Anyone know where I can see a schedule for the Democratic candidates?

And what is with all the Chelsea Clinton avatars?

harSon

Banned
Cheebs said:

It was a 10% loss, hardly a 'double digit blowout'. Why do you always seem to leave out extremely important details like nearly a fifth of the state voting weeks earlier which obviously was not to Obama's advantage.

Cheebs

harSon said:
It was a 10% loss, hardly a 'double digit blowout'. Why do you always seem to leave out extremely important details like nearly a fifth of the state voting weeks earlier which obviously was not to Obama's advantage.
why after the maria shriver endorsement did everyone claim Cali was up for grabs and either way it would be insanely close? No one, not even the media thought it would be a 10% lead. They and us all thought it wouldnt be called to well into the night.

Also if eary voting is an excuse what about texas then? Texas has early voting too.

Flo_Evans

ToyMachine228 said:
And what is with all the Chelsea Clinton avatars?

Setting up the Chelsea 2016 campaign already. 50 years of experience! My mommy and daddy where president, I know how this shit works. So vote for me, Chelsea!

bagley.gif

arial.gif

:lol

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Cheebs said:
I think it will have little effect on so called momentum. This isn't one of the big 3 early states or super tuesday. The media attention for them is minimal.
Come one Cheebs. Do you really mean that? You think Obama winning for 3 weeks straight and in many cases winning big will have little effect on his momentum. I'm not even sure you believe what you're saying at this point.

Cheebs said:

Take away the early voting and it was basically tied. You know that.

syllogism

Cheebs said:

Obama clearly outperformed most polls, I can dig up a graph if you wish. What gaf says is completely irrelevant, just look at most of the idiots in this thread during Super Tuesday. If you haven't noticed there's almost nonstop election coverage; all the primaries will definitely get intensive media coverage and there's no way it will not affect Texas and Ohio. Not that I believe Obama will win those, but as long as they wont be blowouts, it might not matter.

e: and yes, you are a Hillary supporter

zou

I find it funny how most Clinton supporters play the "realistic Obama fan" card just so they can troll him.

Not sure what's more annoying, Lefty's post flood or the constant "I'm for Obama, really, please believe, me, but ..".

sangreal

Cooter said:
Come one Cheebs. Do you really mean that? You think Obama winning for 3 weeks straight and in many cases winning big will have little effect on his momentum. I'm not even sure you believe what you're saying at this point.

It really depends on the media attention the contests get. If they are reported like the Republican Wyoming/Nevada/Maine caucuses (Romney won all, but got no momentum) then it doesn't matter. Hawaii, for example, won't get much mention. The beltway states will, obviously, but Saturday is anyones guess.

Sharp

Unless Obama can get the Hispanic population in Texas to vote for him en masse, I don't see why he would win that state, regardless of momentum. I'm hoping he can still pick up enough delegates there, as well as in the other states that he's likely to win, to counter Hillary's gains, but as it stands a win seems out of the question. I don't really know enough about Ohio to say why Clinton is predicted to have such an advantage there, though. Either way, I don't think the "momentum" argument holds water everywhere.

Cheebs

syllogism said:
e: and yes, you are a Hillary supporter
Based on what exactly? I have donated to Obama multiple times. Clinton 0. If MI had a real primary I would have voted Obama. Purely because I think Hillary will win makes me a Hillary supporter?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
sangreal said:
It really depends on the media attention the contests get. If they are reported like the Republican Wyoming/Nevada/Maine caucuses (Romney won all, but got no momentum) then it doesn't matter. Hawaii, for example, won't get much mention. The beltway states will, obviously, but Saturday is anyones guess.

They want ratings and covering every race do to the closeness will increase them. That's my take. Expect pretty good coverage. If nothing else the electorate will be aware of all his wins leading up to March 4th.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Cheebs said:
Also if eary voting is an excuse what about texas then? Texas has early voting too.
are you serious with this response?

Obama wasnt as popular during Cali's early voting..

will be a different story with Texas'

Cheebs

Schattenjagger said:
are you serious with this response?

Obama wasnt as popular during Cali's early voting..

will be a different story with Texas'
If you think Obama is even close to clinton in texas right now right before early voting begins you cant be serious. the incredibly strong Hispanic voting block there makes it clinton land.

Cali and tx are very similar due to that, primary wise.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Cheebs said:
If you think Obama is even close to clinton in texas right now right before early voting begins you cant be serious. the incredibly strong Hispanic voting block there makes it clinton land.

Cali and tx are very similar due to that, primary wise.
Doesn't early voting start Feb. 19?

Cheebs

Schattenjagger said:
Doesn't early voting start Feb. 19?
yes and there is no way to deny clinton has a huge advantage. Dem primaries in TX have one of the strongest hispanic voting block of any state in the nation, Obama does HORRIBLE amongst hispanics.

Cheebs said:
yes and there is no way to deny clinton has a huge advantage. Dem primaries in TX have one of the strongest hispanic voting block of any state in the nation, Obama does HORRIBLE amongst hispanics.

To be fair his numbers will hispanics have been rising since Nevada

Cheebs

woeds said:
CNN said is was 2:1 in Cali
Thats a little better then. How was it in states closer to texas, do we know?

Also what I found most shocking was Hillary won the 18-29 vote in Cali.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, RealClearPolitics only has one poll from Texas and it's from April of 2007. The results are actually pretty funny.

Clinton 33%
Obama 21%
Gore 10%
Edwards 8%
Richardson 3%

:lol :lol

Seth C

Cheebs said:
52/42 isnt what gaf obama fans were saying. They said it would be extremely close due to his momentum, they said clinton would win but it would be extremely close due to momentum over and over. They went insane over Maria Shriver.

10% is a blowout.

At the time, no one had any clue that 1/3 of the California vote would be decided by absentee ballots. Of those who actually voted on February 5, I believe the split was something close to 51/49.

Mind you, I don't expect Obama to win Texas. I just think he will win far more states leading up to Texas, and Texas itself will be only a 10% loss like California, meaning Clinton won't gain much from the win.

harSon

Banned
Tamanon said:
BTW, RealClearPolitics only has one poll from Texas and it's from April of 2007. The results are actually pretty funny.

Clinton 33%
Obama 21%
Gore 10%
Edwards 8%
Richardson 3%

:lol :lol

Thats some insane popularity right there :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom