• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

YIPPEEEEE! Can't wait to have some more information and a HD video of the intro of the game!!! the CG alone probably will be the most orgasmic!

nice banner too Kagari! :D

EDIT: Nice Banner BruceLeeRoy!

WYWY

<Sales Age>This also happens to be SCE's last plausible attempt to show that they can "make a difference" in the JP market. Because the FFs are so far, far off...</Sales Age>

This is one game I would love to play right about now. What a crucial time we live in... Let's all hope for early 2009.

Official thread looks great, thanks Kagari :)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
WYWY said:
<Sales Age>This also happens to be SCE's last plausible attempt to show that they can "make a difference" in the JP market. Because the FFs are so far, far off...</Sales Age>

lol, well, 3 months until the XIII demo :X but that's a different thread!

I'm sure WKC will do well.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BlazingDarkness said:
is it wrong that i'd rather be playing the FFXIII demo this christmas and have WKC in march? -_-

How about... BOTH! I'd rather have both in December :eek:

Lightning

Banned
Man I am going to be all over this. I am next gen JRPG starved...

Awesome thread as well, Kagari. You done a great job! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Will there be another official thread for the US release?

Vek

Nice thread OP; my interest has certainly been piqued.

There are just a few things about the combat system that I'm not quite clear on. Am I understanding it right that before battle you setup a string of attacks (combo streams?) and then you attack/act when that circle thing completes via just the X-button and stick-flicking?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vek said:
Nice thread OP; my interest has certainly been piqued.

There are just a few things about the combat system that I'm not quite clear on. Am I understanding it right that before battle you setup a string of attacks (combo streams?) and then you attack/act when that circle thing completes via just the X-button and stick-flicking?

Weapon properties:
Slashing
Blunt
Piercing

Using the correct weapon against an enemy's weakness will be favorable for you in battle.

You can chain together skills that you have learned to make Original Combos.
Weapons can also have magic properties such as fire, water, wind, and earth. Enemies will also have elemental weaknesses.

You can combine up to 7 skills in a combo.

Only the bow can do ranged attacks unless you have a magic element chained to other weapons.

Weapons have set properties and characters can learn their skills from them - meaning, you can level up your weapons.

From the old media thread. I'll add it to the OP.

Kandinsky said:
Found it! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120580, some awesome hyperboles in that thread specially from Bebpo and Amir0x(shocking i know) read it its worth it!

Also

:lol :lol :lol awwwww :(

Haha, awesome.

Grayman

Will people be able to only play online or will the shared experience mean that someone would have to play lots of single player as well?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Grayman said:
Will people be able to only play online or will the shared experience mean that someone would have to play lots of single player as well?

Online quests are their own thing. The only link they have to the single player mode is the stats and items and what not.

Grayman

Kagari said:
Online quests are their own thing. The only link they have to the single player mode is the stats and items and what not.
The items are what I had in mind. I haven't been into JRPGs since the playstation but I really like "online smack monsters and people with swords" games. I do not know if I would want to work on getting a 100% single player save so that I have equipment for a certain online party quest.

Vek

Cool, thanks for the info Kagari.

It seems that the PS3 is on a roll with these "[Something] Chronicles" titled games (quality-wise at least).

Kyoufu

Vek said:
Cool, thanks for the info Kagari.

It seems that the PS3 is on a roll with these "[Something] Chronicles" titled games (quality-wise at least).

We don't know WKC's quality yet though! Could turn out to be a poopfest.

Outside of Dragon Quest VIII I haven't had much luck getting into or enjoying any of Level 5's other rpg efforts, I'm morbidly curious to see how this turns out.

Barakov

jaundicejuice said:
Outside of Dragon Quest VIII I haven't had much luck getting into or enjoying any of Level 5's other rpg efforts, I'm morbidly curious to see how this turns out.

I'm sure Rogue Galaxy left a bad taste in more than couple people's mouths.

lupinko

Tempted to pick this up as a buffer from making me go back to WoW, but the last time I listened to gaf for gaming decisions resulted in me getting Aquanaut's Holiday. lol

Not that there is anything wrong with that, just that with the exchange rate and all now, some part of me is a little hesitant.

I guess I'll wait for the Famitsu review.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lupinko said:
Tempted to pick this up as a buffer from making me go back to WoW, but the last time I listened to gaf for gaming decisions resulted in me getting Aquanaut's Holiday. lol

Not that there is anything wrong with that, just that with the exchange rate and all now, some part of me is a little hesitant.

I guess I'll wait for the Famitsu review.

:< Aquanauts isn't good? I sort of want it...

Kyoufu

lupinko said:

I guess I'll wait for the Famitsu review

Famitsu's reviews > GAF ??

:lol :lol

jaundicejuice said:
Yeah same here, besides Jeanne D'Arc I haven't had much luck with Level 5 either. Here's to hoping this one turns out OK.

lupinko

Kyoufu said:
Famitsu's reviews > GAF ??

:lol :lol

They are nowhere near the best of or credible critics, but it's at least something and they do get to play the game first. Which does give me an idea if the game is at least worth looking into. And especially if I want to buy it when it comes out, which I usually do for games I'm genuinely interested in.

Kagari, Aquanaut's Holiday is good, it's just I don't normally play those types of games ever until I played that game.

My PS3 library is like the complete OPPOSITE of my PS2 library. :lol

djkimothy

I will faithfully await the NA release. I know very little of the game so I hope I'm on for a nice shock when it comes out. :D

Vard

This is one of my most anticipated games... if it's like PSO I'm sure the online will be fun, but hopefully the single player (story) will be on equal footing. Looking forward to impressions.

Ploid 3.0

Wow that banner is amazing. I can't wait for this to hit the US. I'm not going to feel my way around a JP game :(. I hope it's good.

Irnbru

Awesome Thread Picture and info, can't wait for another jrpg, just started VC and I'm loving it, finally start bringing the jrpg lovin' from the oven!

Chris R

Vard said:
This is one of my most anticipated games... if it's like PSO I'm sure the online will be fun, but hopefully the single player (story) will be on equal footing. Looking forward to impressions.
This is something I'm hoping comes true too. Great online is one thing, but you can't sacrifice SP to get it.

Guled

Hopefully this comes out next year (it should, if 4 people could translate P4 in 6 months this should be out before fall 2009)

Top Bottom