• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official White Knight Chronicles Thread

psy18

On multiplayer, how do you cast magic on party when there's no enemy around?
It seems I can only cast on party only when in battle mode.

Oh and enjoying the online portion so far... Element/Support here.
Any advice where should I grind to go for lvl 50? (currently at 36)

Shadow780

lljride said:
Good point, and you're probably right. I'll experiment a little bit when I get to that point and play around with the numbers to see what works best.

Well you can skip STR+ obviously. Put pts towards HP+ and AGI+.

this thread helps I think:

http://www.thegeorama.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=314

psy18 said:

press D-pad left/right to cue up the cursor on yourself, select magic.

psy18

Shadow780 said:
press D-pad left/right to cue up the cursor on yourself, select magic.

Thanks.

Anyone know how to remove the online status icon? Want to avoid a permanent mark on my plasma. :(

mauaus

Wow, singleplayer is seriously bad... The dialogue is horrible the story is bland and 90% of the characters are annoying. I find myself skipping most of the cutscenes and cringing at the dialogue...

rager

Banned
mauaus said:
Wow, singleplayer is seriously bad... The dialogue is horrible the story is bland and 90% of the characters are annoying. I find myself skipping most of the cutscenes and cringing at the dialogue...

I know, it's horrible. I returned it to gamefly in anticipation for FFXIII. I could not take this game anymore.

Cornbread78

mauaus said:

I've found it very entertaining thus far, outside of a couple lip synch issues. Did you give the online portion a try?

Hag

So I just finished the story mode... :lol

The voices is so bad that I played the whole game hearing music and podcasts from my PC. So fucking annoying. Very short too, took me about 20 hours to end the game going straight to the story, not doing quests and stuff. Now I gonna give the online a spin before a trade the game to Heavy Rain.

mauaus

I liked the online but my god single player is unforgivable... I'm speeding through the game, IGN was kind if they reviewed single player only

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Got this from Gamefly, just played a few hours of it last night. Seeing some FFXI people talking about it, let me know when your on.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im lvl 11 i think now, just beat the
dancing woman

i hope doing random stats is ok in this game :lol

my leonard is mostly sword+devestation magic

girl is heal+attack magic

Elron is Longsword

also, i still dont have white knight equips, can i buy them somewhere?

Just got my White Knight
shielded up and welcomed Kara into the team.
Bout 9hrs in.

I think this is going to be one of my top HD RPGs this gen so far (not hard mind).

Also for the combos I just button mash to get the combo. Not exactly sure when to press it otherwise.

Chris R

I really don't get all the hate for the single player story. I actually thought it was quite good, but the ending really should have been tweaked. I mean it is really obvious that they basically split the story between this game and WKCII, but it would have been much better IMO if
they had let you presume that you defeated the two dudes in that final fight/collapse of the temple, only to reveal at the last second that they are both alive and have a huge ass army coming your way. Also the small group of soldiers showing up in the ending did little more than piss me off because I know they will be important in the second game, but they are a total loose end as of now.

Sure boy saves girl is a generic RPG story line, but I liked the twists this one had.

Toki767

So I hear there are DLC quests coming later this month? Does anyone know how many quests Japan currently has? I heard 100 or so.

Ricker

I`ve got to get back into this...I was stuck in the awful dungeon with the puzzles,the one where you head to move the turtle...I hate puzzles in a dungeon where you have to run around and there`s respawning monsters,plus I got sidetracked by Heavy Rain and AC II..now i`ll be even more lost in there since I haven`t played for 1 week and a half :lol

I also kinda hate that that far into the game,I basically have only 2 online quests(the 3rd one says level 36,and i`m about level 18 I think)

picked this up last week, enjoying my time so far, up to
dogma rift
everyone around level 30. went with spears for my av, don't seem to find many good ones in the game or shops so doing a fair bit of crafting for them. i don't have a problem with the story, it's a bit daft but it's not my focus. my main gripe is difficulty level, i'd like to see tougher enemies where status effects/weaknesses etc. are more important. an easier way to change between characters during battle would be nice too.

having maxwell sheffield as the voice of Eldore is awesome :D

Cornbread78

Anyone around GR3 (Lvl.15 or so) want to party up and do some mission Friday night around 10pm EST? If so shoot me a PSN, so we can meet up and do some missions, everyone is so far ahead of me in the game and I need some good level up time, LOL.

onisegawa

Neo Member
psy18 said:

Press down on D- then choose uPr skill and select target to healad and it shud select ursself. When that happens select magic and ur skill, select target to heal

Suzzopher

Finally got this at the weekend. And started the online last night. Is it wrong that I absolutely adore this game? The Geonet is so well implemented, the community is also very friendly.

The single player has been pretty good so far. But that battle system I love it to bits:D

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:
Anyone around GR3 (Lvl.15 or so) want to party up and do some mission Friday night around 10pm EST? If so shoot me a PSN, so we can meet up and do some missions, everyone is so far ahead of me in the game and I need some good level up time, LOL.
I should be up for it. Add my psn ID: lawtow

onisegawa

Neo Member
Augemitbutter said:
i seriously hate the womens running animation, it looks so stupid. i pity anyone picking a woman.
I made a female character and then saw the running animation. At that point i thought i cannot take it, watching my char run over 100+ hrs of online play will kill me so i restarted and created a new male avatar lol

Ricker said:
I`ve got to get back into this...I was stuck in the awful dungeon with the puzzles,the one where you head to move the turtle...I hate puzzles in a dungeon where you have to run around and there`s respawning monsters,plus I got sidetracked by Heavy Rain and AC II..now i`ll be even more lost in there since I haven`t played for 1 week and a half :lol

I also kinda hate that that far into the game,I basically have only 2 online quests(the 3rd one says level 36,and i`m about level 18 I think)

I'm just there now.

And LOL @ the Fire Lizard, it looked HUGE in the cutscene.:lol

onisegawa

Neo Member
For online quest I only got upto the Memorial quest and I've already completed that. Offline mode I just finished the Albana Town bit. Not that far into it, how will I unlock more quest? story and higher quild rank?

Cornbread78

onisegawa said:
For online quest I only got upto the Memorial quest and I've already completed that. Offline mode I just finished the Albana Town bit. Not that far into it, how will I unlock more quest? story and higher quild rank?

Building Guild rank basically means grinding, grinding and more grinding, LOL. I'll add you when I get back on Friday night.

RedSwirl

I don't see what's wrong with this game.

I only had time to play about 10 hours of the singleplayer before sending it back to GameFly, but it doesn't seem like a bad game at all. The only thing that I could call "bad" is the storyline and I stopped caring about the storylines in RPGs a while ago.

With that, I think the actual game is perfectly solid. I was even impressed at how cleanly it ran with few load times while still having reasonably good graphics.

The only reason I probably won't get this game is because I already have similar loot games like Torchlight and Phantasy Star Zero on my plate.

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:
Building Guild rank basically means grinding, grinding and more grinding, LOL. I'll add you when I get back on Friday night.
Lol yeh, im like 100p away from GR3. I'll get there tonight hopefully. Cool add me on Fri then, my bluetooth should arrive then too...pain to type and quest at same time lol

Toki767

I'm happy to help people with lower level quests if they need it since grinding gr points after 9 seems to take forever. :lol

onisegawa said:

yeah both, you need to have unlocked the areas in single player, and be high enough GR to take the quest. then they will be for sale in the guild shops.

must say i've been impressed with the ease of getting into online games with this. being in australia i often spend a lot of time staring at the "searching for a game" screen, but here it's been a piece of cake. only hit GR 3 so far and keen to grind up a bit more, if anyone wants to add me my id is spazmat.

Almyn

Cornbread78 said:

I'd be up for that. I'm Almyn on PSN also. GR3 lvl 21 at the moment

Toki767

I finally got around to reincarnating. Chose to be a magic user. I must say, the damage output is pure rape. :lol

Level 35 one shotting a room full of elementals. :lol

I'm going to miss my Spectral armor and my Arondite though.

Paracelsus

PAL-Gaf: are Georama parts already available for purchase? I imported the us version because it was cheaper but while the game allows me to play with european players it won't show me anything in the georama store.

inner-G

Banned
Paracelsus said:
PAL-Gaf: are Georama parts already available for purchase? I imported the us version because it was cheaper but while the game allows me to play with european players it won't show me anything in the georama store.
You'll prob need to buy them from the US PSN store instead of in-game.

DLC usually needs to match the disc region.

Cornbread78

Almyn said:
I'd be up for that. I'm Almyn on PSN also. GR3 lvl 21 at the moment

Looks like we're 1 short of a questing party Friday night. Anyone else?

What time you think? around 10:00pm EST?

- Cornbread78 (Heavy Sword user primary, Elemental Magic secondary)
- Lawtow (
- Almyn (
- ?

Once we are all at GR3 and someone can unlock the "Big red" mission, we should be able to do a lot of grinding

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:

- Lawtow (
- Almyn (
- ?

Once we are all at GR3 and someone can unlock the "Big red" mission, we should be able to do a lot of grinding
It is lawtow with a small L duno if psn is case sensitive but GeoNet is so just making sure =p. My Avatar char name is BlueHaven. Lv20 Katana user (Battousai) lol. In Greed on offline mode. I am GR3 but how u unlock that Big Red Mission? oh and 10pm EST is what time for GMT?

Volcynika

Cornbread78 said:

- Lawtow (
- Almyn (
- ?

I might be able to join, but not sure. Think I'm GR2 still. (PSN same as username here)

SSnake

I rented this game not expecting much. Story is blah so far, but online is starting hook me in. Even ordered a ps3 keyboard.

lljride

Cornbread78 said:

- Lawtow (
- Almyn (
- ?

Dude, I'd totally be down to help you guys out but I think I'll drag your XP gains down if I join (at least that's how I understand it). If you need a 4th to round out your party send me a message if I'm online. I'm in the middle of my last reincarnation now, but I should be a level 35+ elem mage by tomorrow (GR9).

onisegawa

Neo Member
Ok i got some questions for those who has completed the game. After u completed the game do you have to start a brand new game to get those GR7 and GR8 chests? ok so does that mean I cant use my avatar? because its a new game? and where are those chests located? cant seem to find info on net for them. Many thanks Oni

Cornbread78

lljride said:
Dude, I'd totally be down to help you guys out but I think I'll drag your XP gains down if I join (at least that's how I understand it). If you need a 4th to round out your party send me a message if I'm online. I'm in the middle of my last reincarnation now, but I should be a level 35+ elem mage by tomorrow (GR9).

- Alright, will do, your on my PSN, but you need to accept my Geonet friend request. Yes, you would kill our battle Exp, but we'd still get the GR Exp. I did the first 6 or so missions already with my buddy who is at GR 7 or 8, and I got 5xp for killing trolls, LOL, but we S ranked every mission we played, so it helps both ways.

- Damn, lawtow, you are 5 hours ahead of me, so 10pm EST is 3am for you!

I might be able to join, but not sure. Think I'm GR2 still. (PSN same as username here)

Alright onisegawa, I'll get you added too. You can still join in since we'll mostly be leveling up. I have to find a way to unlock more missions though, I've been mostly playing the ones my budy has unlocked thus far (you can do missions up to the point in the story you have unlocked)

onisegawa

Neo Member
Cornbread78 said:
- Alright, will do, your on my PSN, but you need to accept my Geonet friend request. Yes, you would kill our battle Exp, but we'd still get the GR Exp. I did the first 6 or so missions already with my buddy who is at GR 7 or 8, and I got 5xp for killing trolls, LOL, but we S ranked every mission we played, so it helps both ways.

- Damn, lawtow, you are 5 hours ahead of me, so 10pm EST is 3am for you!

Alright onisegawa, I'll get you added too. You can still join in since we'll mostly be leveling up. I have to find a way to unlock more missions though, I've been mostly playing the ones my budy has unlocked thus far (you can do missions up to the point in the story you have unlocked)
Dont worry im still up at 3am lol!

onisegawa said:
Ok i got some questions for those who has completed the game. After u completed the game do you have to start a brand new game to get those GR7 and GR8 chests? ok so does that mean I cant use my avatar? because its a new game? and where are those chests located? cant seem to find info on net for them. Many thanks Oni

you can play your avatar just fine.

this is the list i've used:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=935684&topic=49249122

some items names are different, so don't get confused, it's from the japanese version.

Top Bottom