• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order: 1886 New Trailer On 18th February - 1400 GMT/1500 CET

Bloodrage

Banned
i5rKOjZUTFxbU.gif

Tell me to remove if not allowed.
iAVv9xiaSR7qg.gif

BiggNife

Definitely nice graphics, but the gameplay doesn't look any different from Gears. Going to wait for the full trailer before passing judgment.

system11

Looks nice but I'm not getting 'holy shit' from it - everything is so murky, in the street section you can barely see the closer guy he takes down until the crosshair turns red.

Yes I understand it's compressed and giffed and so on.

I do like the character designs, the old guy is badass.

Kikarian

Looks nice but I'm not getting 'holy shit' from it - everything is so murky, in the street section you can barely see the closer guy he takes down until the crosshair turns red.

Yes I understand it's compressed and giffed and so on.

I do like the character designs, the old guy is badass.
But that's the look they're going for. This is medieval london.
It would be grey and dirty. I think they've got the setting spot on. We'll see further proof of this tomorrow.

Knoxcore

I want to see a release this year, preferably in October. Destiny in September, The Order in October, the usual sequels in November and a surprise exclusive/PS centric game in December.

I swear I'm somehow less interested in the game now than I was when they first showed off a trailer for it. Is this trailer going to have any gameplay in it?

The amount of excitement this game is getting is unwarranted at the moment. It certainly looks pretty but are we still going to get hyped because a game looks pretty? Seriously?

R3TRODYCE

I swear I'm somehow less interested in the game now than I was when they first showed off a trailer for it. Is this trailer going to have any gameplay in it?

The amount of excitement this game is getting is unwarranted at the moment. It certainly looks pretty but are we still going to get hyped because a game looks pretty? Seriously?

I'm hyped because of the unveil trailer and the small gameplay snippet looked like it had "Gears" like gameplay and that's the type of gameplay that I always felt Sony lacked so I'm all in on this one.

Jburton

Banned

Way to tell people how to feel!

People can get hyped up over whatever they like ...... seriously.

Pimpwerx

OK. Glad this wasn't another thread bump of someone voicing anticipation. Those gifs look tits. I'm really interested in what we see tomorrow. PEACE.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I don't get it. He is taking cover against the wall. What is amazing about it?

The atmosphere, cloth physics, and intricate graphics that are apparent even in these tiny gifs. I'm sure we'll be getting more exciting gameplay soon.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
I don't get it. He is taking cover against the wall. What is amazing about it?

Graphics, Animation, & Physics

- Volumetric Gun Barrel Smoke
- Cloth Physics
- Possible Complex Animation Hierarchies
Setting

- it's sexy​

kyser73

But that's the look they're going for. This is medieval london.
It would be grey and dirty. I think they've got the setting spot on. We'll see further proof of this tomorrow.

Victorian London. About 4-500 years difference, steam engines, industry & suchlike. No peasants left either.

I remember the E3 reveal of this game. The comments afterward, " wow just a CG trailer showing nothing. Game will never look like that! "

Here we are. Game looks exactly like the trailer, even more polished really with the physics on display when they were not during the trailer, and people wonder why we get excited lol.

I love these threads though. It is an hours worth of pure excitement and thrills and awesome gifs. And then one at a time, you will have those folk come in pointing out the miscolored leaf, or the badly textured tree trunk, or 2D brick texture ... then the gameplay questioners ... then the outright haters. lol. So much fun to watch and be a part of.

Woah those Gifs are perhaps the most impressive visuals I have seen. Looks like a CG movie at points, especially during the QTE section. Those cloth physics are crazy too, when he shoots the gun, the kickback ruffles his trench coat.

Can't wait to see the full video tomorrow!

And yes - Sony should really try acquiring this studio ASAP.

Ishan

If sony didnt already have a deal in the works ... well rads price went up ... and will go up further tomorrow ... and possibly skyrocket around this games release. BUY THEM NOW SONY.

also seriously looks awesome cant wait for full trailers tomorrow. Also somehow cant crap my head around the graphics ... i look at them go ooh nice (think my mind thinks cg ... then i look at last gen top graphics like tlou u2 and look at this and go god damn... think my brain seens this and goes ooh cg naturally )

Way to tell people how to feel!

People can get hyped up over whatever they like ...... seriously.

I'm pointing out that this is blind hype which is generally not a smart thing to get involved with. I want to know WHY people are so excited for a game that might just be another boring cover based/cinematic and linear shooter. I'm not telling anyone how to feel, don't straw man me.

Ok, I have a few expectations, or well, predictions, for what I am expecting from the full release of the order.

With all the talk about the sophisticated physics engines this game is running, I am really expecting there to be a lot of "environmental kills" in this game. Other than just shooting someone in the head, I am hoping/expecting you can instead shoot out a pipe and daze or knock them out with a blast of steam. Or shoot a street light that drops on their head, dazing them for you to rush in to finish them off.

I am wanting something similar to a Hitman game, where you have multiple options to kill an enemy, other than just shooting them, except in The Order, these kills have to do with the physics system.

At least I hope that is where this game is heading. The physics hopefully serve a larger purpose than just looking pretty.

Top Bottom