• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The People Vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story - S1 - FX Tues - 90 on Metacritic

GorillaJu

Another great episode. Man I wish I could just binge watch this... Two more to go, is it? The Fuhrman tapes must be up next week.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
That ending makes me think major fireworks next week
Not knowing anything about what is coming up (other than the final verdict of course) makes this all very exciting. Honestly cannot believe some of the shit that went on
Its just ridiculous that I found out that anything that I think is outlandish and cannot be true actually happened (even if it is altered a little)

This. Show.

Give Vance his damn Emmy, we're only a few months into the year but it's a wrap. His portrayal of Cochran is just mesmerizing to watch. I go from being impressed and sympathetic to frightened of him within the span of the same episode.

I can't believe this ended up being as entertaining as it is. The first trailer looked so goofy, I'm glad I was way off base.

Sterling K Brown is killing it as Darden too. Never seen him in anything before, but I'm hoping he gets more roles after this.

Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair's fact-check articles don't mention it, but I'm curious to know more about what was up with Fung shaking the hands of the defense attorneys right after getting off the stand. That may have been the most surreal moment of the episode for me.

Curufinwe

Rolling Stone and Vanity Fair's fact-check articles don't mention it, but I'm curious to know more about what was up with Fung shaking the hands of the defense attorneys right after getting off the stand. That may have been the most surreal moment of the episode for me.

RS mention it at the end.

But either way, Scheck won over the jury and maybe even Fung, who actually shook the hands of the entire defense team at the end. And unlike on the show, Toobin wrote Shapiro even gave him a bear hug. (3/5 Gloves)

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/reca...ur-fact-checking-recap-20160322#ixzz43qqNUbU0

This was the episode that finally made me question (a little) whether or not O.J. actually did it. I mean, with making a murderer I was/am so sure the cops set the guy up, but with this I haven't been willing until now to believe there could have been a setup.

Curufinwe

I saw Harvey Levin complaining that the show is making it seem like there was reasonable doubt when there really wasn't. But I don't agree; I think it's just doing a good job of showing why the jury thought there was reasonable doubt.

eloestmn

The really was a Confederate statue close to the courthouse, and there still is one for that matter, but it was outside the old abandoned Courthouse...NOT the one the actually held court in when they were here in 95.
The statue outside the Old Courthouse

Im not sure about all those paintings on the wall when Cochrane was first speaking.

-griffy-

Banned
Damn I had no idea how messed up these Fuhrman tapes were for the case.

EDIT: This is fucking bananas. This show is so damn good.

Cew7W2uXEAA3UHb.jpg

Zoe

Ugh, I knew he was gonna say that, but I didn't want him to say that :\

So did real life Robert Kardashian ever express these doubts?

Finale next week huh.

What a ride. This show went from entertaining junk food in the first two episodes to something legitimately great for me.

MBison

What a great hour of tv.

The Chris Darden actor, please Emmy that dude up pronto.

Fuhrman was a fucking pig but OJ was guilty as fuck.

This is the first Ryan Murphy show I've seen that has nine great episodes. I'm completely shocked. Cochran is so evil and amazing at the same time. The rest of the cast is great too...except for David Schwimmer. He just looks so damn dopey all of the time. It's still a great show though.

Those elevator scenes... Sterling Brown da gawd.

And that Fred Goldman press conference... just knew it was coming, and it did not disappoint.

That was one of the finest episodes of television I've seen in 2016.

I can't believe this ends next week. I'm going to miss it.

Sober

Man that shot where Johnny goes "Manna from Heaven" was so fuckin cheesy but absolutely amazing at the same goddamn time.

This show is amazing. The use of music in this thing is entertaining as hell

I completely agree; I had been put off by it, fearing a low quality dramatisation that was merely banking upon the topic, but this show has just been surprisingly fantastic overall on almost all accounts. I'm only surprised more people (unless I simply am not seeing the attention it's getting) aren't talking about it honestly.

Saya

I am sad to have learned that there is only one more episode remaining. I am loving this show. The last episode was incredible. Every episode was in the range from good to great. And the cast is just excellent.

Are there any good documentaries on the OJ Simpson case around? I really want to see and compare the show's version of events with the real case.

Haxan

Banned
Gotta admit, if I was a juror, after the Mark Fuhrman pleading the 5th incident, I'd probably be going with "not guilty," even if just out of disgust.

Top Bottom