• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Snitch: PlayStation has acquired a publisher with 'S' in the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corndog

Banned
It certainly wouldn’t surprise me if Sony acquired square. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Also I wonder if Nintendo would oppose the deal.

Sanepar

How much is SE market cap? If it's anything above $5 billion... acquisition is not going to happen. Sony spent a lot of money buying Bungie and I don't think they have a big enough warchest yet to go after SE.

Indie studio makes more sense tbh.
4 billion. They are cheap and make more revenue than Capcom.

Hudo

Well dragon quest is a sony ip if they buy sqaure.
It's actually a ArmorProject IP, owned by Horii, Toriyama and whoever manages Sugiyama's stuff now.

And even if it were a 100% Square Enix IP (Armor Project just licenses it to Square most of the time, there are DQ games which were published by Nintendo, for example. Like DQ11S or DQ8 and DQ7 on 3DS). Xenoblade was developed inhouse, Nintendo didn't buy the IP. Big difference.

supernova8

Banned
The Snitch is implying that Playstation has bought a publisher with "S"in the name

Maybe Sega?

PlayStation Slim?

Playstation Showcase?

The Snitch isn't implying anything.

Literally all the post says is "P x S".

It could mean "Piece of x Shit clickbaity thread title" for all we know

Fabieter

It's actually a ArmorProject IP, owned by Horii, Toriyama and whoever manages Sugiyama's stuff now.

And even if it were a 100% Square Enix IP (Armor Project just licenses it to Square most of the time, there are DQ games which were published by Nintendo, for example. Like DQ11S or DQ8 and DQ7 on 3DS). Xenoblade was developed inhouse, Nintendo didn't buy the IP. Big difference.

Well you are right about amorproject but I dont think it would matter if sqaure was indeed about to be bought.

All the game you listed were still created with enix in mind.

Anyway if it comes to the day I hope Nintendo is ready so share some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom