• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Warhawk Beta Summer of Awesome (PS3)

Ragnarok10

BruceLeeRoy said:
2.SPAWNING:
Alright this is going to sound a little nuts but I hate when the 5 second counter is counting down till you spawn and on the screen it will show you above a building with say a Warhawk or turrent on top and you think "Alright once it counts down im jumping into the warhawk or turret or jeep" and you start putting together your strategy but when it counts down thats all negated cause your not on the platform with the warhawk your about 2 stories down in the basement. AHH DRIVES ME CRAZY
To add to the spawning request I think they need to allow us to view the large level map or change respawn points WITHOUT it restarting the spawn timer.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BruceLeeRoy said:
Also it would be wonderful if you could jump and grab onto the ladder and not immediately slide down. PLEASE CHANGE THIS.
I commented on this in the official beta forum a week or two ago and Jobe responded confirming they are going to do this in the final version of the game.

^^ My love for both of you is great. That ladder thing really is the worst I am stoked there changing it. Thanks for actually getting some of this stuff to the developers Kaching.

Ragnarok10 said:
To add to the spawning request I think they need to allow us to view the large level map or change respawn points WITHOUT it restarting the spawn timer.

I completely agree that crap is annoying as all hell to.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
BruceLeeRoy said:
^^ My love for both of you is great. That ladder thing really is the worst I am stoked there changing it. Thanks for actually getting some of this stuff to the developers Kaching.
I had nothing to do with it - I mentioned it and Jobe said it was something that had bothered him as well and it was already something they were changing for the final.

Costanza

Banned
HOLY SHIT. I just got an email saying I'm IN! :D :D :D :D

4zkt5ax.jpg

So glad I'm not missing this!

bill0527

I got an email 4 hours ago saying that my patience had paid off and I had been accepted into the beta.

It told me that it would be located in my "featured items" box at the playstation store.

I've checked maybe 30 times in the last 4 hours and it isn't there. I've scrolled every page and looked under every tab.

teepo

when does this beta end. i'm having too much fun. it's the console equivalent of bf2 and just as fun. god i feel like killing myself for saying that.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
teepo said:
when does this beta end. i'm having too much fun. it's the console equivalent of bf2 and just as fun. god i feel like killing myself for saying that.

Tuesday. Game comes out on the 28th of August.

270001b.jpg

Killthee

Fight for Freeform said:
Is that cool with Sony though?

They haven't banned anybody in the beta, they haven't denied access to people who weren't invited to the beta like they do in Home, they haven't closed the proxy loophole that allows anybody to download the beta without an invite, and the beta also has no ownership information attached to it. Interpret that as you wish.

Killthee said:
The beta can be game shared...

Then share with me :)

This is ridiculous, am I the only GAFer who signed up but has yet to be let into the beta?

Maybe I should I go buy a 360 to teach Sony a lesson... don't **** with your fans. :lol

B-Ri

distantmantra said:
I don't think the 360 is shitty.

i speak of having to buy a game (such as crackdown) jsut to play a beta (such as halo 3)

if sony pulled that on me id abruptly say F-That.

dankir

B-Ri said:
i speak of having to buy a game (such as crackdown) jsut to play a beta (such as halo 3)

if sony pulled that on me id abruptly say F-That.

Where did you get the idea Crackdown is a shitty game?

FightyF

Banned
distantmantra said:
I don't think the 360 is shitty.

I think he was somehow trying to refer to Crackdown, but that game is awesome...so he most likely doesn't know what he's talking about here.

Let's just nod our heads slowly and walk backwards.

No sharing of beta...
K5W3NGSSPDNN2ECJR6J6ID6BXGGQLYKR.jpg

Fight for Freeform said:
I think he was somehow trying to refer to Crackdown, but that game is awesome...so he most likely doesn't know what he's talking about here.

Let's just nod our heads slowly and walk backwards.

No sharing of beta...

Oh, I was just kidding, I don't want to cheat the system to get the beta, but I would appreciate it if Sony would let me in, seeing how seemingly everyone else has been allowed to play in the last few days.

bill0527

Its been 24 hours now since I got that email and still nothing in my featured items box to download. I'm using the same PSN account that I've had since I got my PS3 last November. I sent them an email but the beta will probably be over by the time they respond. What a bunch of cockteases.

bill0527 said:
Its been 24 hours now since I got that email and still nothing in my featured items box to download. I'm using the same PSN account that I've had since I got my PS3 last November. I sent them an email but the beta will probably be over by the time they respond. What a bunch of cockteases.

Check your download services in your account management section, if it shows there then download it from that section.

CSSer

Finally got to 2nd place on the leaderboard. I won't be able to catch Click, but GAF now holds the top two places on the leaderboard.

Gergination is also the real deal with his 14+ kill death ratio... I'm more of a ground/support person and suck at flying/fighting warhawks.

aparisi2274

So I just got an e-mail from sony saying I made it into the beta.. YAY!!!

I had a quick question... Did I read somewhere in this thread that this beta is actually the full game, and everyone in the beta doesnt have to go out and get the game when its released to stores? Or am I just hallucinating?

Killthee

aparisi2274 said:
So I just got an e-mail from sony saying I made it into the beta.. YAY!!!

I had a quick question... Did I read somewhere in this thread that this beta is actually the full game, and everyone in the beta doesnt have to go out and get the game when its released to stores? Or am I just hallucinating?

The beta is feature complete. That means that the beta has all the assets (weapons, maps, modes, vehicles, etc...) that the retail version will have. The beta is not the full retail game. The retail game will include adjustments/tuning incorporated from the suggestions of beta testers and bug fixes.

Oni Jazar said:
This is the final weekend right? Let's send this Beta off with a bang tomorrow! Who can setup a large GAF server?

If no one else is willing to set up a server, I will (my system does tend to crash often when I'm hosting though...). I can host 24 people. What time do you guys want me to set it up?

Oni Jazar

Killthee said:
The beta is feature complete. That means that the beta has all the assets (weapons, maps, modes, vehicles, etc...) that the retail version will have. The beta is not the full retail game. The retail game will include adjustments/tuning incorporated from the suggestions of beta testers and bug fixes.

If no one else is willing to set up a server, I will (my system does tend to crash often when I'm hosting though...). I can host 24 people. What time do you guys want me to set it up?

I'm available during most of the day. I could host but I can only get 8 people online. If there's no server up i can set one up tonight while i'm out.

bill0527

gluv65 said:
Check your download services in your account management section, if it shows there then download it from that section.

I don't have a download services section under my account management. Are you talking about a U.S. PS3 system? I've went to every single possible menu dozens of times and I've got nothing. This is un-****ing believable that they would sent me out a beta invite last week and not even put the game up for me to download. I emailed them last Thursday evening but they haven't responded and I'm sure that by the time they get around to it, the beta will be over.

CSSer

It's under the transaction management menu. Check view services.

-- edit... whoops, don't think that's what you're looking for

Pazuzu

Banned
After spending time with the demo, I honestly would have liked the game more if they dropped the ground combat completely, and instead concentrated on a single-player game in the vein of Panzer Dragoon or Rogue Squadron. IMO, most of the maps (while large) just constrict the Warhawks, and make it very difficult for anyone but a master to properly utilize them on such a small battlefield. Also, just being in one is such a rush (with motion controls) that an entire single-player campaign in one would compliment an online multiplayer dog-fight type game really well.

Anyone agree, or am I alone here?

With all that said though, it'll still be a Day 1 purchase! :D

PAYBACKill

Pazuzu said:
After spending time with the demo, I honestly would have liked the game more if they dropped the ground combat completely, and instead concentrated on a single-player game in the vein of Panzer Dragoon or Rogue Squadron. IMO, most of the maps (while large) just constrict the Warhawks, and make it very difficult for anyone but a master to properly utilize them on such a small battlefield. Also, just being in one is such a rush (with motion controls) that an entire single-player campaign in one would compliment an online multiplayer dog-fight type game really well.

Anyone agree, or am I alone here?

With all that said though, it'll still be a Day 1 purchase! :D

Alone.

wowhawk RULES

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
So here's something interesting from a new batch of screens...a new weapon perhaps?

928383_20070307_screen004.jpg

newwarweap.png

Could be a new image for an empty slot, since there isn't an ammo indicator.

Then again, the tank shell has no ammo indicator.

And then again, if it was an empty slot then we wouldn't see the rectangular hud displayed as a reticule, just the round dot for the guns.

Hmmmm...

Top Bottom