• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Warhawk Beta Summer of Awesome (PS3)

cicatriz

They must've opened the floodgates on beta acceptances. My buddy who's been trying for years to get into any beta he can get his hands on got in. :lol

Sh0k

Killthee said:
Did you sign up for it? I didn't get my congratulations your in email until a week after it started.

Where do you sign up for the beta testing or being a Playstation Underground member is enough to be selected for the beta ?

Notice to involuntary Warhawk passengers: If you ask me nicely, I will land the Hawk and let you out in a friendly zone. If you bitch and moan and call me names, I will drop you off right in the hottest zone on the map.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Oni Jazar said:
I guess they aren't going to release any more patches.
They might have made some server-side updates, all the same. I initially mentioned that the patch didn't seem to change how frequently I was freezing, but in the past couple of game sessions (couple of hours each), I haven't had a single game freeze.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Sh0k said:
Where do you sign up for the beta testing or being a Playstation Underground member is enough to be selected for the beta ?

The Warhawk site had a registration page set up the weekend after Gamer's Day.

test_account said:
Is it possible to mute people in the game like you can in i.e CS?

Press start in game -> Sound options -> voice control

test_account

XP-39C²
Killthee said:
Press start in game -> Sound options -> voice control

Ok, thanks :) I dont have a PS3 tho hehe, but i'm planing on getting one and Warhawk is most likely one game that i will get so its nice to know now already ;)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Oof. Probably just finished the worst time in Warhawk yet. Seemed EVERYWHERE I joined, there were team killers all over the damn place. Was just amazingly unfun.

Killthee said:
Go to this website and see if you're in.

It's blocked at work. I'll check it out tonight when I get home.

Only three more days and I'm done for the summer, I could get in a good week of Warhawk before the beta goes away... as long as Sony let's me have it...

Kintaro said:
Oof. Probably just finished the worst time in Warhawk yet. Seemed EVERYWHERE I joined, there were team killers all over the damn place. Was just amazingly unfun.

:( that's not an encouraging way for me to be welcomed into the WARHAWK Beta!

Kintaro

TheJollyCorner said:
:( that's not an encouraging way for me to be welcomed into the WARHAWK Beta!

Oh well. That's what I encountered. There were just assholes all over killing each other on their own team.

I was really looking forward to trying and focusing on new weapons this go around. =/

Killthee

Kintaro said:
Oh well. That's what I encountered. There were just assholes all over killing each other on their own team.

I was really looking forward to trying and focusing on new weapons this go around. =/

I'd set up a private dedicated GAF server, but my system usually crashes at the end of a round and there's never enough people for a full game.

For those of you having problems with jerkwads.
There everywhere, however try and join the SCEA servers, and join CTF/Zones servers from my experience there seems to be much less jackassery in CTF and Zones than there is team death match and death match servers.
Also sometimes team kills are accidents, i know i have accidently killed my fair share of teammates.

Killthee

Ragnarok10 said:
Similar Question: How do you know who is making all that noise?

All the players have a blue soundwave next to them in the voice control menu. If the person is talking at the moment the soundwave will be yellow. In the retail version you will be able to tell who is talking without going into the menu's and they will show up as a different colored dot in the radar.

Kintaro

iceddomain said:
For those of you having problems with jerkwads.
There everywhere, however try and join the SCEA servers, and join CTF/Zones servers from my experience there seems to be much less jackassery in CTF and Zones than there is team death match and death match servers.
Also sometimes team kills are accidents, i know i have accidently killed my fair share of teammates.

These were the SCEA servers. And these weren't accidents. Was full on firefights between teammates. :lol

kenta

Has no PEINS
snack said:
NICE! Wasn't it originally going to end tomorrow?
Yeah it got extended

I think it would be really really cool if they opened it up to the public on Thursday and gave everyone a taste for just a few days before they shut the servers down

calder

I agree, the fish-eye effect on the scope was annoying at first but it makes sense to give it at least a slight disadvantage, especially when you're moving while zoomed in, because it's so powerful. 1-shot kills on any body part (from what I've seen) more than make up for the decreased vision. :)

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Just got in tonight. I really like it so far... it's a great Battlefield clone.

However, why are there so many deathmatch/team deathmatch matches? This game is made for territories play. On top of that, the territories games are always full. And even worse, sometimes you'll be playing a territories game, it will end, and then it turns to deathmatch!

Ugh. Anyhow, I'm way more impressed than I thought I would be.

rothbart

FlyinJ said:
However, why are there so many deathmatch/team deathmatch matches? This game is made for territories play. On top of that, the territories games are always full. And even worse, sometimes you'll be playing a territories game, it will end, and then it turns to deathmatch!

Feel free to serve your own game type/size... I've noticed in the last couple weeks the number of servers has dwindled and the ones there have filled. I despise DM games, but like every other mode... I need at least half the people out there on my team... :D

Killthee

FlyinJ said:
Just got in tonight. I really like it so far... it's a great Battlefield clone.

Ugh. Anyhow, I'm way more impressed than I thought I would be.

Avoid the SCEA *Med/Large/Small* servers. All the SCEA servers state the map size followed by the game type; a lack of type means it's on a rotation. Try playing on the SCEA *Med/Large/Small* Zones/CTF.

TheDuce22

Banned
Did they just open the beta up to everyone? I never got an email saying I was accepted but I check the playstation store and the icon is sitting right there ready to download. Is there gonna be something else I need to install it once its done?

Peeete

kenta said:
The beta page says it will last until 7/3/07

So anybody knows what will happen after that day? The game just won't start anymore? Or there are no more servers available?

And anybody knows, how to live at least 2 month without Warhawk? I'm scared...

DieH@rd

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
Did they just open the beta up to everyone? I never got an email saying I was accepted but I check the playstation store and the icon is sitting right there ready to download. Is there gonna be something else I need to install it once its done?

Someone needs to confirm this! Maybe we need a separate thread, so that more ppl will notice it.

TheDuce22

Banned
DieH@rd said:
Someone needs to confirm this! Maybe we need a separate thread, so that more ppl will notice it.

I didnt do anything special, I just checked the playstation store and it was sitting right there. Its taking forever to download though.

Edit: Is it normal for the ping on every server to show 9999?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Why didn't anyone join the NeoGAF server last night around midnight EST? I saw a few other GAFers on other servers but it was just me and AltogetherAndrews on the NeoGAF server for a while.

TheDuce22 said:
Edit: Is it normal for the ping on every server to show 9999?
Yeah, it's been that way throughout the beta. It's not accurate in most cases - you should be able to pick most of those servers and join without a problem. Something they're aware and supposed to have fixed already in their main version of the code.

Killthee

DieH@rd said:

It sounds like they invited a good chunk of the people who signed up for the beta, but got rejected, in for the last week.

kaching said:
Why didn't anyone join the NeoGAF server last night around midnight EST? I saw a few other GAFers on other servers but it was just me and AltogetherAndrews on the NeoGAF server for a while.

That was my server. PlayerBeyond joined for a bit after you guys left. I'd love to set it up again, but I need to know at what time you guys will be able to fill it up. And do you guys prefer an open, ranked server or a pass-protected, unranked server?

TheDuce22 said:

NO, they did not. I signed up during the open period, and I still don't have access to the beta.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Killthee said:
And do you guys prefer an open, ranked server or a pass-protected, unranked server?
I prefer more people to play with than just 2, so I'd probably prefer leaving it open unless there's reason to believe a lot of GAFers are going to show up on a particular night.

BuddyC

Alright, I've been putting more time into Warhawk than I should lately. Especially late night. 4 AM arrives before I know it :(

On the upside, I've had a lot of cool experiences and really intense dog fights. My absolute favorite has to be the sniper vs. Warhawk battle I had with my editor though. Good times.

Jumping out of the jeep, I ran towards the shelter. My unexpected abandonment caught Remo off-guard and he overshot the jeep, which put his aircraft directly above me. Recognizing his chance, he quickly switched his Warhawk into hover mode and repeatedly lowered it against the ground in his attempts to crush me beneath its landing gears. I found myself as impressed by his ingenuity as I was amused--he was obviously unaware that Warhawks cannot be used to squash opponents. This, as well as the turrets scattered around the map, represents developer Incognito's efforts to balance the power of the Warhawks and prevent them from becoming unstoppable killing machines.

I made it to the building just as Remo decided to take another approach. Crouching behind a half wall, a stream of rockets and bullets flew over my head. I could see him hovering in front of the base, just waiting there, stalking me. After his next barrage, I stood up and quickly zoomed in with the sniper rifle. Its fish-eye lens filled with nothing but Warhawk, I took the shot and ducked back down.
There's (lots) more of my stories and expiernces here, if you guys are interested...

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=406

calder

You can't be crushed by a warhawk? I know I've been almost killed by a guy flying his at ground level through me and one of my teammates. He came back and knocked us over again, I don't remember if that killed me or the gunfire but being struck by a hawk definitely hurt me.

Nothing compares to getting run over by jeeps those, damn those things are dangerous. :lol

Belfast

Just logged on to PSN and saw that I got in for the beta! Still Homeless, though. And it's too bad that I got in this late in the game. Oh well, better than not getting in at all, I suppose.

Alright so after all this play I only have 2 things I beg them to change for this game 2 things that are such small gripes they are going to probably sound ridiculous but they drive me crazy. They dont by any means break the game they just annoy the hell out of me.

1. LADDERS:
For the love of all that is good and holy please make the HOTSPOT where I can click and grab onto a ladder much much larger. Nothing is more annoying than grabbing a flag or pursuing a guy and trying to climb a ladder and having to be at the right angle for your guy to grab. Also it would be wonderful if you could jump and grab onto the ladder and not immediately slide down. PLEASE CHANGE THIS.

2.SPAWNING:
Alright this is going to sound a little nuts but I hate when the 5 second counter is counting down till you spawn and on the screen it will show you above a building with say a Warhawk or turrent on top and you think "Alright once it counts down im jumping into the warhawk or turret or jeep" and you start putting together your strategy but when it counts down thats all negated cause your not on the platform with the warhawk your about 2 stories down in the basement. AHH DRIVES ME CRAZY

Top Bottom