• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher III: Blood & Wine |OT| One last contract, one last plough

Dec

I understand that, but now that the games are done I feel somewhat less motivated since I know how it all ends.

This isn't how it ends tbh. It ended with the last book. The games are some fans that wanted to create more, which is cool. This is the end of the games, that is all.

If you're one of those people who was utterly absorbed in simple Wild Hunt adventuring
Yes
exploring the land,
Yes
taking on quests,
Yes
reading notes, clearing monster nests and bandit camps,
Yes Yes yes
and relishing in the little details and tiny stories even of just a corpse with treasure and how they got there, you're in for a hell of a treat and an amazing sendoff to the base game.
Oh yeeeeah
eBjt57G.gif

I know that griffins and wyverns are sort of the classic hunted beast of Witcher...

But for my silver, vampires and sewers or tombs are definitely my contending favorite.

Nothing quite like a dark moldy tunnel with a katakan hiding at the end. Can't wait to hunt some bloodsuckers in Touissant.

saskuatch

witcher 3 took me over a year to finish. I still have to play heart of stone, these are the only addons worth getting imo, actually add good gameplay to the game. This game to me is my favorite game of all time. I may try to milk it out a little longer before I finish to savor it.

The Path of Warriors. Only a level 17 quest but for some reason I never came across it until now. So many ? In Skellige lol.

Out of all of the territories, as far as completing points of interest go, I liked Skellige the least. A majority of them are smuggler caches. I wish the extra content in this section of the game was a little more interesting.

witcher 3 took me over a year to finish. I still have to play heart of stone, these are the only addons worth getting imo, actually add good gameplay to the game. This game to me is my favorite game of all time. I may try to milk it out a little longer before I finish to savor it.

Bolded: Word. It is definitely top-list material. When it comes to cream of the crop open-world titles, it's either this or Red Dead Redemption for me.

∀ Narayan;205022634 said:
Out of all of the territories, as far as completing points of interest go, I liked Skellige the least. A majority of them are smuggler caches. I wish the extra content in this section of the game was a little more interesting.

True. I've been trying to clear it while building some $ for B&W. And yes, so many caches. But then you run into a quest like the one I ran into, and once in a while into a high level guarded treasure and it makes it a bit more fun. But yep, been listening to sports and podcasts while clearing Skellige lol.

This isn't how it ends tbh. It ended with the last book. The games are some fans that wanted to create more, which is cool. This is the end of the games, that is all.

Oooh, okay. So the book coming out in English next year is the proper ending? Lady of the Lake, I think?

PreFire

Fuck it. Downloading the complete expansion for $24.99 on ps4

I'm only level 23 right now in Wild Hunt, but been playing non-stop (had it in my backlog) and I know the suggested level is 35 and you get one if you want to use him as a separate character.. I have no idea how the expansion works.. Do I have to launch them separately? Can I continue one and go to the other as I please? Or should I complete Wild Hunt, then HOS, then B and W?

Can I start Blood and Wine with my current character, get all the perks and features that come with it, but do all the quests from Wild hunt and work my way up? Lol

A link to the game on GOG in the OT would be cool, considering that Good Old Games is CD Projekt Red's baby and there's a sale there at the moment.

At any rate, looking forward to jumping into this and losing myself from the rest of the world!

Rellik

Fuck it. Downloading the complete expansion for $24.99 on ps4

I'm only level 23 right now in Wild Hunt, but been playing non-stop (had it in my backlog) and I know the suggested level is 35 and you get one if you want to use him as a separate character.. I have no idea how the expansion works.. Do I have to launch them separately? Can I continue one and go to the other as I please? Or should I complete Wild Hunt, then HOS, then B and W?

Can I start Blood and Wine with my current character, get all the perks and features that come with it, but do all the quests from Wild hunt and work my way up? Lol

Both DLCs are added to your main game. HoS extends the Velen/Novigrad map and this one is a new area.

If I was you I'd continue your main game and finish it, then start HoS and then move on to this one. All with the same character.

If you're one of those people who was utterly absorbed in simple Wild Hunt adventuring, exploring the land, taking on quests, reading notes, clearing monster nests and bandit camps, and relishing in the little details and tiny stories even of just a corpse with treasure and how they got there, you're in for a hell of a treat and an amazing sendoff to the base game.

I can't wait to get home from work and continue playing.

Love all that stuff, but how is the main story?

Dec

Oooh, okay. So the book coming out in English next year is the proper ending? Lady of the Lake, I think?

Yea, that is correct.

All I mean by my previous posts is that I think it is a mistake to not read the books because of the timeline the games take place.

There is a reason the games start with amnesia and that is because it was the only way they could have started the games without having to explain to the player 5 novels worth of story set up before it started.

The book ending is the only canon ending, which isn't to say that the game ending will be necessarily any worse, just that the books end in a way that is befitting a 5 novel long series (rewarding) and should be experienced in my opinion, especially if you have already read some of them.

With the 4th book it gets crazy, keep going!

My Dark Souls 3 skills are going to serve me well here, I can tell. I hope there is a decent romance option, as well as a great storyline, it wouldn't be the Witcher without one. Just bought the first book and am now finishing my playthrough in preparation.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Love all that stuff, but how is the main story?

It's okay. Lacks the energy and momentum of the tightly woven Hearts of Stone, and is structurally more like the main game. Mostly due to it being a proper full region with quests and adventures as opposed to the very focused Hearts of Stone.

But it does have plenty of wonderful moments and really fantastic scenes. Solid characters, good fan service.

Prep that Black Blood.

Mifec

Well I fucked my sleep schedule so much I woke up at 1am. Will serve me well when it unlocks tomorrow at 1am rofl.

Shame they didn't go with "let the white one in"

Yeah, this one isn't good at all. In fact calling it mediocre would be too much.

Spoiler question for EC

How is the reunion with Regis handled?

Dmax3901

Spoiler question for EC

How is the reunion with Regis handled?

Not aimed at me but I'll answer anyway. Straight-up spoilers why would you even read this:
He interrupts Geralt's first fight with the beast pretty early on in the story. Contextually it's no time to stop and catch up, but a bit later the pair chills out in a graveyard with some drinks and shoot the shit.

ironcreed

Banned
Good stuff. It will be a bit before I can start, as I am in the middle of a fresh play through of the whole game. But I will get there soon enough. I just want to enjoy the whole experience again and then slide straight into this.

BTM

Good stuff. It will be a bit before I can start, as I am in the middle of a fresh play through of the whole game. But I will get there soon enough. I just want to enjoy the whole experience again and then slide straight into this.

Doing the same

It's okay. Lacks the energy and momentum of the tightly woven Hearts of Stone, and is structurally more like the main game. Mostly due to it being a proper full region with quests and adventures as opposed to the very focused Hearts of Stone.

But it does have plenty of wonderful moments and really fantastic scenes. Solid characters, good fan service.

Prep that Black Blood.

Prepping is all I've been doing, spent two hours today upgrading my potions and getting Geralt to level 39 with the Viper gear. I'm going to hit the ground running!

I don't mind if the story's not as tight as HoS, the structure never hurt my enjoyment of the main game.

Literally just platniumed Doom (20 minutes ago) and now ready for this expansion. Psyched!! No new game will be bought or played until I complete each and every quest in Blood and Wine.

So far I've been surviving with the mastercrafted gear, hopefully the missions to level those up aren't too far off as I gotta get them to a higher level fairly quick.

PreFire

this one. Honestly just complete the missions in ascending order based on the level and you'll be fine. Last Wild Hunt main mission is level 30, Hearts of Stone starts at 32

Thanks, gonna do that then. Downloading now

When all said and done, and I complete all the way through Blood and Wine, will I be able to free roam and complete any side quests I haven't yet done from the expansion itself? Sorry for the noob question lol

Were the giant spiders new in HoS? I don't remember them from the main game and ran into a pack of these assholes when cleaning up some sidequests in Velen tonight.

iiicon

I was clearing up some hard drive space last year after completing the game and Hearts of Stone and I mistakenly deleted my saves at the same time. I could just start Blood & Wine with a pre-made character but I think I'll take this opportunity to play the game again and romance Yen before jumping into this.

Thanks, gonna do that then. Downloading now

When all said and done, and I complete all the way through Blood and Wine, will I be able to free roam and complete any side quests I haven't yet done from the expansion itself? Sorry for the noob question lol

Yes. If you choose to skip sidequests while pursuing the expansion pack's main quests, you be able to return to them later. You maybe overleveled for some them though once you get back to them, depending on how much xp points you accumulated - so, keep that in mind.

In other words, the game isn't going to shut you out of Toussaint once you complete its final quest.

Think I was close to level 40 after HoS. So hyped for this!
Can't wait to tinker with the dye system on armor sets and see all the new ones they added.

Top Bottom