• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher III: Blood & Wine |OT| One last contract, one last plough

You know I might go back and upgrade all my potions and bombs just to make this last longer.

Plus Grandmaster Ursine Armour will look great in Skellige.

Yea most of my potions are still only like just enhanced. I only had the third tier for Swallow. Bombs are all just enhanced. Got a shit ton of decoctions though.

MFW I realized I've spent 34k to enchant armor I won't wear

S1Rb.jpg

After completing both WH and HoS, along with every single quest possible (AFAICS) and 100% of the POIs, I still have one or two diagrams I never found. Is there any chance they'll be random drops in BaW? What do you guys think?

Wagram

What is the estimated time for the main story alone? I feel like reports are so varied. I've seen some at 10 others at 20-25.

Squishy3

So the runecrafting stuff from Hearts and Stone is basically worthless for the amount of money it costs, right? I seem to remember reading that back when it came out.

Jimrpg

Fantastic OT.

Will dive back in once I get a new graphics card :)

Also I thought The Witcher III was a little overrated to be honest, the back half of the game is certainly not as polished as the first half, but overall it was still a pretty good game.

So I messed up and don't have any of my saves from original game left over, just my newgame+ and I'm playing through it pretty quickly but since everything is leveled up on the map, what level do I need to be for Blood & Wine? Should I just use the premade character?

B&W's recommended level is 64+ in NG+.

Aiiii damnit. ARGH

Squishy3

Also I thought The Witcher III was a little overrated to be honest, the back half of the game is certainly not as polished as the first half, but overall it was still a pretty good game.
I mean, it's pretty clear most of the development time went towards the first act, considering the vast majority of sidequests are concentrated there and it's setting up the current state of the world, characters, etc. (since it needs to do that for non-book readers or people who haven't played the other games) Few more sidequests introduced during the second half, but nothing too major aside from the ME2 loyalty mission type quests.

However, all the main plot threads in the second half (some a bit sudden) and the Ciri/Geralt interactions are amazing. I felt extremely emotional at the end of my 100 hour journey.

After a few hours diving for treasure in Skellige I'm up to 26,000. That's going to have to do me for B&W, because I can't take fighting any more of those flying/swimming whatsits. If it weren't for them, the scenery and music on the ocean would keep me sailing for days.

mileS

Glad I saved NG+ for AFTER I finish this. All the changes will make it even better whenever I get to it.

"Let the White One In" was the only choice :p shame on you shinobi. Great OT tho

Dmax3901

It's just a money sink from what I've heard, you'd be better off investing the money in your vineyard in Blood and Wine.

Yeah definitely.

After a few hours diving for treasure in Skellige I'm up to 26,000. That's going to have to do me for B&W, because I can't take fighting any more of those flying/swimming whatsits. If it weren't for them, the scenery and music on the ocean would keep me sailing for days.

That'll last you a fair while, presuming you only want to make one set of Grandmaster Armour :p

I sell every single weapon and armor pieces that I found so far. Because well, everything besides the witcher sets are useless. I have like 80k gold now (NG+) and am so ready for Blood & Wine. Upgrading my home is gonna be the first thing I do.

Mifec

Not aimed at me but I'll answer anyway. Straight-up spoilers why would you even read this:
He interrupts Geralt's first fight with the beast pretty early on in the story. Contextually it's no time to stop and catch up, but a bit later the pair chills out in a graveyard with some drinks and shoot the shit.

I'm grateful either way, thank you <3

I owe both you and EC drinks when I'm in Straya this August.

Taelus

I've never delved into the Witcher, but after hearing so much praise I'm thinking of thinking of dedicating my summer to this series. All 7 books + all 3 games and expansions. Is this a good idea or no?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I've never delved into the Witcher, but after hearing so much praise I'm thinking of thinking of dedicating my summer to this series. All 7 books + all 3 games and expansions. Is this a good idea or no?

Great idea.

Maximo

Don't even have to read the books the games are very much their own thing. Goodluck if your going to replaying 1 and 2 their rough these days. Witcher 3 is a lightyear jump at how much it improves over the previous.

Dmax3901

dmax, how many romance options are there in this expansion?

I'm around 22 or so hours in but haven't done a whole lot of the main quest. So far? Nothing has come up, except of course the dockside brothel, but that may not fit your definition of romance ;)

I'm grateful either way, thank you <3

I owe both you and EC drinks when I'm in Straya this August.

Sounds good!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Don't even have to read the books the games are very much their own thing. Goodluck if your going to replaying 1 and 2 their rough these days. Witcher 3 is a lightyear jump at how much it improves over the previous.

I mean, you don't have to no, but the books are great.

Glad I could preload the game already on PSN.

Definitely going all out on this. I waited 10 months for me to finally start NG+ so I am going to replay the entire base game, HoS and this one.

RDreamer

Great idea. This was basically me last year. Obviously not the expansions, but I read all the books and played the games. It really made the finale that much more impactful. Loved it, and love this world. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Also, I'd recommend reading how I did. Go into Witcher 1 book free. Geralt has amnesia so it makes sense you don't know anything either. Then start reading between W1 and W2 and keep going. Finish the books before Witcher 3.

A bit of warning, though, Witcher 1 can be a bit of a slog. Don't let it discourage you from the rest. If you can't get through it, watch some stuff on a lets play or whatever and move on I suppose. Things are much easier to get into with Witcher 2.

Boo this advise. The books are great and add a lot. Anyone even thinking about doing so should be advised to read them. There's a reason those books inspired the creative minds at CDPR to do such great work. There's a lot of love toward the books in the games and it's great being able to see that love. I feel like you're missing a lot if you don't read them.

Artdayne

Witcher 1 and 2 cost less than $5 on Steam which is an absolutely amazing deal. Some people cannot get past some of the gameplay issues that exist in those games and even if that's the case with you as well, you're only out 5 bucks. I haven't read the books myself but I've heard they are very good. I'm pretty sure that only a few of them have been translated to English though.

Joco

I haven't played the game since beating Hearts of Stone. Now Geralt gets a freaking vineyard and all sorts of sweet new witcher armor. Damn that runewright for taking all of my money. What a waste.

zkorejo

Viper armor, 1 viper sword and that Beckham Von Eric family sword. I am ready for this.

Maybe I wont have as much money to get everything, but I suppose the contracts and sidemissions in B&W will pay decently. If not, then there's always beehive.

Vaporak

I didn't play Hearts of Stone so I could play both expansions back to back. Closing in on the end of my NG+ playthrough and I can't wait to start the new content, it's a nearly a whole new witcher game.

Viper armor, 1 viper sword and that Beckham Von Eric family sword. I am ready for this.

Maybe I wont have as much money to get everything, but I suppose the contracts and sidemissions in B&W will pay decently. If not, then there's always beehive.
Haha me too though I'm still wearing my preferred Ursine armor. But I like to switch based on climate, so I'll probably wear Viper into Touissant. I have two sets of swords ready, too :p I like using either the two Viper swords, or a different sword with the Von Eric scimitar... forget the name but I thought the hilt and blade style (and sheath) matched more.

I've had a lot of fun created a few different 'thematic sets' though... Nilfgaardian one, Offeiri one, Skellige one... finished all the Witcher school weapons and swords, too. Guess that's why I was too poor for runecrafting haha :p

Radec

Well shit... My controller's right directional button isn't working for some reason.

Now I have to buy a new one or else I won't be able to equip silver swords. Fuck.

Top Bottom