• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, the game sure likes choosing the song I want. ;p

Another close one, & thanks again!

Oh yeah, so which map is the EXP one & which one's the Chocobo one?

Swamped

Banned
Man, the game sure likes choosing the song I want. ;p

Another close one, & thanks again!

My pleasure! The nice thing about this game is that...all the songs are good so it doesn't really matter whose song it chooses lol. I'm gonna do another quest, but let's battle again some time!

edit: the exp one is the level 50 one, the chocobo one is the level 75 one (super fun, long quest, only ultimate FMS's)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Alright, added myself to the spreadsheet (same as my GAF username). Next week shouldn't be too bad until SSB on Friday. Usually more free in the afternoon, about 4 PM ET. If you add me, let me know.

Wish I knew why I keep getting bads on like 25% of the up-right arrows I try and hit with the Circle Pad. Not sure if it's me or something with the 3DS. It's extremely annoying, though.

TnK

So, when is one winged angel AC version coming out? I have a feeling it will be brutal on ultimate mode.

Also, which is the hardest track in your opinions? For me, it would be the boss battle theme for FF8, everything else is a cake walk compared to that.

FFIX Boss Battle is also up there imho.

There's a section in FFIV Battle of Four Fiends which I can never get. Thankfully it's easier here because the summon removes one instance of that section.

I tried buttob controls again. It's so much more accurate for FMS especially for zigzags.

ohlawd

yeah I ain't looking that hard on Google but importing the PSP version is expensive. It's already bad enough SE plans to release the HD version for 60 but people are willing to pay so I guess they're doing what any company would do.

shit look like it's worth 20 tho. Will wait for that to happen.

pariah164

yeah I ain't looking that hard on Google but importing the PSP version is expensive. It's already bad enough SE plans to release the HD version for 60 but people are willing to pay so I guess they're doing what any company would do.

shit look like it's worth 20 tho. Will wait for that to happen.
I don't have the console for it, but even if I did, I wouldn't buy it. I still stand firmly behind the #NoVitaNoSale label. Squenix of NA pulls such fucking bullshit sometimes.

Back on topic, 47000 Rhythmia get. I really should play something else before I burn out.

TnK

FFIX Boss Battle is also up there imho.

There's a section in FFIV Battle of Four Fiends which I can never get. Thankfully it's easier here because the summon removes one instance of that section.

I tried buttob controls again. It's so much more accurate for FMS especially for zigzags.
Oh yeah, FFIX boss battle one is also tricky. Battle of Four Fiends isn't too hard. Which section is giving you trouble?

One thing I will always have problems with is when you have very short green slides with directions coming at you a ton at a time. Can never get them right.

Wichu

Also, which is the hardest track in your opinions? For me, it would be the boss battle theme for FF8, everything else is a cake walk compared to that.

I love Force Your Way. The note-spam bits are really fun. The really short hold-slide notes near the beginning get me every time, though :/

bobohoro

Wish I knew why I keep getting bads on like 25% of the up-right arrows I try and hit with the Circle Pad. Not sure if it's me or something with the 3DS. It's extremely annoying, though.

Similar problem, just down-right in my case. It's also really random, having stretches where they register without issues and then 2-3 songs in a row where it counts every second slide trigger in that direction as a bad. Sometimes it helps to put the 3DS in sleep mode for a bit, or recalibrate the circle pad.

ohlawd

lol I already burned out getting to 100k rm three days ago

just gonna cruise now doing dailies and one or two medleys a day. Hyrule Warriors launched at a decent time.

Swamped

Banned
lol I already burned out getting to 100k rm three days ago

just gonna cruise now doing dailies and one or two medleys a day. Hyrule Warriors launched at a decent time.

Just passed 40k (also, guess who got enough black shards to unlock
Sephiroth
!). Do you keep getting prizes until 100k?

So, when is one winged angel AC version coming out? I have a feeling it will be brutal on ultimate mode.

I ran into FF9 Battle 2 in an otherwise expert quest map and got destroyed, so I nominate that. I hadn't tried force your way on ultimate, that's a really rough intro. The rest of the song isn't quite as hard, though.

MrDaravon

Added myself to the sheet. Would love to get the XP and chocobo (mover?) maps if possible to give to a bunch of friends not on GAF.

FC: 5455-9558-6601

zashga

Maybe it's just the increased track count, but this game seems a lot harder to me in the "endgame" quests than the original game was. Some of the ultimate tracks are brutal, especially with spinning notes. Looking at you, Contest of Aeons.

Son Of D

Saw that some new DLC is up (EU store, might differ for the US).

Aerith's Theme - Advent Children
Promised Grace - Crystal Chronicles
FFIX Battle Theme - Dissidia
Protect the Espers! - VI
Canto Mortis - Dissidia Duodecim
Thunder Plains - X
Good King Moggle Mog XII - XIV
Battle Theme A - II

Listened to Moggle Mog and I have to say I was not expecting that. Sounds great.

Also, what's this about EXP and Chocobo Maps?

daydream

Banned
I assume that's old Thunder Plains and not the remastered one? They kinda botched that track in the remake.

I guess there's no reason why it would be the new one..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's the original X version, I think.

Also, that EXP map works even better when you equip an item that multiplies your EXP earned by 2 or by SIX. I started with 4 level 1 characters & they made it to Lv 99 right before the final boss.

So yeah, that map really works....also Chaos is gonna need a few Lv 99 resets so I can take advantage of his most powerful skills.

Swamped

Banned
Sure.

Edit: FC is 2878-9608-8408

Ok...ready when you are! Remember to download the first map from my proficard after our first match, and then come back to the lobby for the second map and more matches :)

edit: nickname is Soni

another edit: soooo close! Gimme a minute to switch maps

RpgN

I just have to talk about certain aspects of this game again :p This time it's the tedious elements getting cut. This has happened in various ways. First improvement is having your stats counting for both modes of quest and music mode together. I remember before you had to earn scores separately for both modes. Secondly you have the way you collect cards. Before cards had to level up to become rare versions. This time you can get all versions without collecting a certain amount of the same card. You also gain shards more quickly in comparison to the last game. You can gain 5 shards in one go and you get them as rewards in bulk on quest mode. There are other subtle improvements where the game doesn't feel as tedious to unlock everything yet there is still a lot of content to keep the value WHILE focusing on the essence of this game, improving scores. It's pretty amazing how they managed to do that.

MrDaravon

Good games! Seriously kept me on my toes haha

Daravon, I didn't happen to see your FC, was it posted before?

Also could a bug anyone for the chocobo maps? :D then I can help pass them around too

I'm back. Yeah my FC was a ways above sorry, it's 5455-9558-6601.

MrDaravon

if I add you, can we fight a bit?

Sure, don't have a ton of time but I can get a few games in, and if I can get either of the maps from you that'd be great. I should mention up front that I haven't played versus at all except for the one AI match they start you with lol. What's your FC? Don't see you on the GAF spreadsheet.

No idea why I'm not showing up yet Kirie, just double checked and you're not showing up on mine yet either, just the provisional friend thing still.

Swamped

Banned
Good games!

I've found that I vastly prefer Judgement to Monster Buff and Mystery Triggers lol x.x

I am completely on your side. Monster Buff is the worst! Sorry I had to leave, but let's play again soon. It seems like we are very close in skill level, most of our matches could have gone either way lol.

Kirie

Hmm, strange. I guess maybe we should both delete and try again? I'll double check and make sure I didn't pick local for some odd reason

Edit: Got it! Will wait in lobby :)

Sure, don't have a ton of time but I can get a few games in, and if I can get either of the maps from you that'd be great. I should mention up front that I haven't played versus at all except for the one AI match they start you with lol. What's your FC? Don't see you on the GAF spreadsheet.

No idea why I'm not showing up yet Kirie, just double checked and you're not showing up on mine yet either, just the provisional friend thing still.

trying to attach the exp one, but the inherited option is greyed out.

MrDaravon

Hmm, strange. I guess maybe we should both delete and try again? I'll double check and make sure I didn't pick local for some odd reason

Yeah, I just deleted yours and when I re-added it popped up instantly, no idea. Might have been my fault and maybe I hit Local by mistake, I very rarely have any online time with the 3DS haha.

Top Bottom