• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

Zhao_Yun

I would love to! Unfortunately I'm still stuck in the lab... But if you're free this evening (PST) we should definitely play! I can give you the fierce map if you don't have it.

I see. Not sure whether I will stay awake that long but just pm me when you are ready :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So this has been out for a bit now, what's everyone's opinions on it? I'm still on the fence about buying it.
It's fantastic. Takes every element in the first game and makes it better. Lots of content and longevity too.

I say this as someone who doesn't like the franchise it's based on: this is an incredible game.

Just finished a Lv.50 nostalgic bracing quest so I'll be attaching that for my VS battles.

..and I just received a Lv.75 nostalgic fierce with 84 BMS songs, lol. Once I beat that, I'll attach that one.

I kinda wish they gave us the opportunity to add mods during single player...just as an added challenge. I enjoyed mods when playing DDR/ITG. That's why I wouldn't mind, lol.

Seil

I've cleared the lv50 bracing and lv75 pastoral maps. Worked a bit on leveling/resetting some characters and now I think I'm going to try getting some shards. Also want to increase my nostalgic map collection, but that's probably going to need to be a side project rather than a primary focus lol.

Anustart

So this has been out for a bit now, what's everyone's opinions on it? I'm still on the fence about buying it.

While I enjoyed the first game, I really didnt sink much time into it due to such little content in the base game. This one I've already logged 80 hours. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes rhythm games.

Swamped

Banned
So here are the nostalgia maps I have ready to share:

Level 99 'fierce' (Ultimate BMS map)
Level 75 'pastoral' (Ultimate FMS map)
Level 50 'bracing' (EXP farming map)

Also have some random P type black shard quests and such.

Anyone want to play versus with me? We can trade, or just play for fun too.

MrDaravon

So here are the nostalgia maps I have ready to share:

Level 99 'fierce' (Ultimate BMS map)
Level 75 'pastoral' (Ultimate FMS map)
Level 50 'bracing' (EXP farming map)

Also have some random P type black shard quests and such.

Anyone want to play versus with me? We can trade, or just play for fun too.

I was about to get off, but do you mind if I get the pastoral map from you? Already have Bracing and I just got that 99 Fierce map from someone online. FC is 5455-9558-6601

Swamped

Banned
I was about to get off, but do you mind if I get the pastoral map from you? Already have Bracing and I just got that 99 Fierce map from someone online. FC is 5455-9558-6601

Let's do it! Expert ok with you? My FC is in profile, nickname Soni

What's your FC, if you're still online?

Ventara

FINALLY got my LE. Sure took its time. On the upside, I didn't get charged tax at the border, which would have been about $35 if I did, so that's certainly nice. I'll have to check what shipping method I used so I'll use it again for future purchases.

Anyways, I've been playing Quest Medleys mostly so that I can unlock more characters. I came across a few Ultimate scores which were REALLY HARD. I couldn't pass some of them. I think I'll have to stick to <Lv60 Quests.

MrDaravon

Got to go, good games swamped! All of those were really close except the FF-0 map where I got wrecked, had never played or heard that track before and kept getting the crazy penalties lol. Thanks for the map!

Swamped

Banned
Got to go, good games swamped! All of those were really close except the FF-0 map where I got wrecked, had never played or heard that track before and kept getting the crazy penalties lol. Thanks for the map!

No problem! Those were fun games :). Check that's it's the right map!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
By the end of the day I aim to hit 51.5k Rhythmia (to unlock the FF VI songs), finish the Chocobo map, and rack 50 wins total in Versus. That way I can (hopefully) put this down and focus on Smash and P4AU.

Can't believe I managed to do most of this. Didn't get all those wins in versus but managed to rack enough golden shards to unlock Edgar. Now my FF VI team is finally complete!

Also, we should post our proficards:

zlCfzSftIbkfUfciW_

GLuigi

niv8w0p.jpg

I'm so glad this game knocked me out of my previous addiction, which was Tomodachi Life. I would love to finally start doing some versus matches after I finish all these essays I have to do this week.

SoulUnison

Banned
It'd be cool if, like marking "Favorites" you could mark "Disliked."
Maybe you'd only be able to mark a handful of them, so you couldn't reduce Quest Medleys to the same couple of songs over and over, but still.

I can't stand "Challenge" from FFX, the
Yunalesca
boss theme - that irritating "siren" noise 80% of the song.
Also, "Ending Movie"from FFXII is such a boring song to listen to outside of the original game's context.

SoulUnison

Banned
It's one of my favorite tracks from Sakimoto...

I'm sorry! I love it during the cutscene from XII it's designed for, but the problem with songs that are specifically scored to cutscenes, for me at least, is that without the cutscene playing alongside they kind of just seem like shambling, meandering tracks not sure what to do with themselves.

I love XII's music, I just don't get why they picked that track to include for a rhythm game. :p

Would have much rather had "Battle on the Big Bridge - XII Version."

Kirie

Fat chocobo is so cute!

Here's my proficard, haven't been able to put much time into the game in the last few days unfortunately :( Also glad to see someone else who uses the button style, as I rarely run into them in VS. mode lol

1JAkh2t.jpg

suzu

Hah, 3 of you guys have the same byline descriptor. :) That fat chocobo is really cute.. now I'm thinking of changing mine to that. lol

Here's my proficard. I tend to forget and leave my 3ds open/idle.

zlCfzSfv75km8YZN_v

Also a reminder to everyone: I think today is the last day for the free DLC.. So grab them if you haven't already!

Can't believe I managed to do most of this. Didn't get all those wins in versus but managed to rack enough golden shards to unlock Edgar. Now my FF VI team is finally complete!

zlCfzSftIbkfUfciW_

The Chaos Map on your card, I am playing through that right as we speak. Hell of a good map for leveling up my fellows.

frequency

It's a good to great game. I think how much you enjoy it is dependent on how much you like Final Fantasy and how familiar you are with other rhythm games. There are a ton of songs to play though not all of them work that great for a rhythm game. But if you aren't that familiar with the genre, it probably won't bother you much. The actual gameplay I feel is a little weaker compared to its peers but the fan service makes up for it.

It's a solid but flawed rhythm game. The flaws will stand out less if you don't play much of the genre. Then you're just left with one of the biggest (content-wise) games that will please any Final Fantasy fan.

If you've played the first one, it's just more of that, tweaked. And with a lot more songs.

I would say buy it if you're interested. You will not be disappointed.

Free dlc?!

Roses of May and I think a FFIV Battle Theme are free for the first couple weeks for early buyers.

Roubjon

Damn, i'm impressed with some of your Rhythmia scores. I'm at 25,000 and I'm already starting to feel a little burnt out :/

Swamped

Banned
Let me also share my Proficard!

UZtONEJ.jpg

I previously had Terra with the message 'Espercially Nice'. Ok, it's a bit of a forced pun, but I still cracked myself up.

I can't believe I've played 52 hours of this game. And I am nowhere near done OR burnt out. I haven't even touched the DLC yet!

^Hey, another papier-mache player! :D

d36b0da9bd.jpeg

Damn, i'm impressed with some of your Rhythmia scores. I'm at 25,000 and I'm already starting to feel a little burnt out :/

Not sure if I'll make it all the way to
Rhythmia to get the last of the various unlocks, to be honest. I'm still focused on unlocking all the characters as my primary goal right now... and then leveling them all up... and then deciding which ones I want to use... and then...

Is there any way to get this cheaper if I already have the first game?

Yes; sell the first game.

Seriously though, no, but the first game is now obsolete, so there's no reason not to sell it if you get Curtain Call. And because of how few copies were made of the first game, it sells for a lot. You can probably cover the entire price of Curtain Call by selling the original on eBay.

I've added myself to the GAF sheet; can anybody hook me up with some good levelling maps? I heard about one that can get characters from Level 1 to 70 in one sitting; is that true?

Also, how do you share maps?

1972359_874150475930797_4821978285563137094_n.jpg

The Quest Medley attached has an EX Boss that gave me a Black Shard. Don't know if that's good for anyone since I don't know if that shard is guaranteed. I do plan on replacing Rydia with Kain, but that's going to take another 39,000 Rhythmia.

Zhao_Yun

I've added myself to the GAF sheet; can anybody hook me up with some good levelling maps? I heard about one that can get characters from Level 1 to 70 in one sitting; is that true?

Also, how do you share maps?

You put the Chaos map you want to share into your proficard and play a versus match against the one you want to share maps with. After the match, the game will exchange the Proficards and you can download the map attached to it.

I have the EXP map. If you are free currently I could share it with you.

v1perz53

My copy from amazon just came in, I had no idea it came with a bonus CD so that was a pleasant surprise. Now to finally try out button mode and see if it is what I have been waiting for since playing the first game.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
My copy from amazon just came in, I had no idea it came with a bonus CD so that was a pleasant surprise. Now to finally try out button mode and see if it is what I have been waiting for since playing the first game.

GET THE FREE DLC! Today is the last day!

DJ_Lae

Roses of May and I think a FFIV Battle Theme are free for the first couple weeks for early buyers.

Yes; sell the first game.

Seriously though, no, but the first game is now obsolete, so there's no reason not to sell it if you get Curtain Call. And because of how few copies were made of the first game, it sells for a lot. You can probably cover the entire price of Curtain Call by selling the original on eBay.

Well, I guess I know what I'm doing after work. Was going to wait on the game, but really...the first never got any real discounts and I keep hearing so many good things I can't put it off.

Will probably sell the original too. As much as I love it, if it truly is obsolete there's no reason to hang onto it.

You need to play for a bit to unlock the option to buy DLC.

Sounds silly, but literally everything in this game is unlocked. Even the options menu. Even individual options in the options menu.

You put the Chaos map you want to share into your proficard and play a versus match against the one you want to share maps with. After the match, the game will exchange the Proficards and you can download the map attached to it.

I have the EXP map. If you are free currently I could share it with you.

I am, thanks. I'll add you. Please let me know when you're ready!

Wichu

Played 20 games against some Japanese dude. That feel when your opponent gets 9999999 points in FFIV Battle 1 Ultimate :(

I think I was slightly better than him overall, though. He picked FFIX Final Battle (presumably just to watch me suffer), and I thoroughly crushed him despite never having played it before. That song is fun (if difficult).

Top Bottom