• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call |OT| Once more, with feeling!

MrDaravon

Ahaha so close, for some reason I just completely missed a note at the end for like no reason, was like a virtual tie up to that point. Backing out to download that map real quick, then I can hop back in if you'd like.

Kirie

Ahaha so close, for some reason I just completely missed a note at the end for like no reason, was like a virtual tie up to that point. Backing out to download that map real quick, then I can hop back in if you'd like.
I always end up doing that too haha. Great game though! Super close :D

I need to take off for a bit, but thanks for the matches everyone! I'll be back later if anyone wants to battle more :)

MrDaravon

if you still wanna fight we can or i go clear this and when i do

I'm going to clear this map real quick so I can share it with some friends then we can go, so if you also want to do that in the meantime you can. Also still looking for the Chocobo map if someone has it to share!

Edit: On this Orphan XP map what's the route to take, or does it matter? The inherited one I got shows all 3 paths have been taken previously >_>

Kirie

Doesn't matter too much, but the BMS stages are the ones that give the major XP, so I typically go for the route with the most of those :)

I'm going to clear this map real quick so I can share it with some friends then we can go, so if you also want to do that in the meantime you can. Also still looking for the Chocobo map if someone has it to share!

Edit: On this Orphan XP map what's the route to take, or does it matter? The inherited one I got shows all 3 paths have been taken previously >_>

working on it now

MrDaravon

Doesn't matter too much, but the BMS stages are the ones that give the major XP, so I typically go for the route with the most of those :)

Cool, thanks again!

Is the Chocobo one people sharing the "A nostalgic trip into a pastoral fantasy" one? Seeing a lot of talk about that one over on Gamefaqs for being OP and like 99% FMS levels.

Also related, I get why people want Magic Pots (xp), but why Movers? Are they also high XP or something? I couldn't find anything about that.

ohlawd

doesn't matter on the first screen. Both paths have the same number of nodes and the aetheryte is in the same spot.

second screen, take the bottom. the top has an aetheryte near the end and it's pointless doing that when we want to fail at the final boss and restart on the aetheryte in the first screen.

Seil

Is the Chocobo one people sharing the "A nostalgic trip into a pastoral fantasy" one? Seeing a lot of talk about that one over on Gamefaqs for being OP and like 99% FMS levels.

Yeah, that's the one. Looks pretty crazy, not sure if I'm going to try my hand at it or the xp one first lol.

MrDaravon

doesn't matter on the first screen. Both paths have the same number of nodes and the aetheryte is in the same spot.

second screen, take the bottom. the top has an aetheryte near the end and it's pointless doing that when we want to fail at the final boss and restart on the aetheryte in the first screen.

So on the first screen just take one of the two paths that has aetheryte (there's 4 branches, 2 do and 2 do not), then just play from there up to the boss and fail out and repeat?

Also I'm a bit curious on if people are running this or the Chocobo map, or both? On paper the Chocobo map seems way better since you can keep one level 99 person with high Agility in front and just drag level 1s with you the whole way assuming you can keep that person in the lead.

Swamped

Banned
Aaaah this makes sense now. The maps we've been trading (the exp and fat chocobo maps) are called 'nostalgia' maps and all have titles like: 'A nostalgic trip into a _____ fantasy'. I have 'bracing' (exp) and pastoral (fat chocobo) and am currently playing through 'fierce' (AWESOME map, only Ultimate BMS's). There are a few others out there (ones that only contain songs from a certain set of games I think). So if anyone has other nostalgia maps, I would love to get my hands on them! I'm missing 'aging', 'recent' and 'foreign'

MrDaravon

Aaaah this makes sense now. The maps we've been trading (the exp and fat chocobo maps) are called 'nostalgia' maps and all have titles like: 'A nostalgic trip into a _____ fantasy'. I have 'bracing' (exp) and pastoral (fat chocobo) and am currently playing through 'fierce' (AWESOME map, only Ultimate BMS's). There are a few others out there (ones that only contain songs from a certain set of games I think). So if anyone has other nostalgia maps, I would love to get my hands on them! I'm missing 'aging', 'recent' and 'foreign'

Yeah, I just now found this post over on Gamefaqs, makes sense:

Nostalgia maps are special Premium maps that (I think) has fixed songs/themes. They can be obtained as any other map, by completing other chaos maps. Their levels are 25-50-75-99.

Their complete names are "A nostalgic trip into a ______ fantasy".

Substitute______ for:

- Bracing: map with lots of bracers and magic pots in their BMS. Used for leveling, as those monsters give more EXP.
- Pastoral: map with plenty of FMS.
- Fierce: map with lots of BMS (there are no FMS songs in these maps)
- Aging: the songs in these maps are only from FFIV to VI.
- Recent: the songs in these maps are only from FFVII to IX.
- Foreign: the songs in these maps are only from non numbered FFs.

Someone else followed up saying that they had seen a New one that was FF X-IV levels, so the 8th one is probably FF I-III levels. Would love to get the other ones you have off you sometime :3

Seil

Quoting for a new page.. Feel like I'm missing out!

Same here. What do we gotta do?

It's a special level 50 map, as was just being discussed =p

I decided to dive into the chocobo map first(and used a first class airship ticket to try to speed up the initial clear process... still a lot to go lmao, this map is crazy) so I can't distribute either atm... Hopefully someone else can help.

Christian

Got the game a couple days ago. Don't really have much to offer as far as quests go, I've only finished four quests (three short, one medium), and I'm to to level 16 silver in AI versus. But I'd love to battle and share some stuff. I'll post my friend code shortly, if anyone's interested.

mstevens

It's a special level 50 map, as was just being discussed =p

I decided to dive into the chocobo map first(and used a first class airship ticket to try to speed up the initial clear process... still a lot to go lmao, this map is crazy) so I can't distribute either atm... Hopefully someone else can help.

Yeah but I don't know what that means or how to get it.....

Lumination

'enry 'ollins

Someone else followed up saying that they had seen a New one that was FF X-IV levels, so the 8th one is probably FF I-III levels. Would love to get the other ones you have off you sometime :3
I need this in my life.

After playing the demo, I'm on the verge of buying this even though I'm a noob when it comes to FF games.

I'm also surprised Nintendo hasn't tried to make their own variation for Zelda/Mario games, or worked with SE on them.

suzu

Still working on a nostalgic trip into a pastoral fantasy / the ultimate FMS map. It's really looooooong.

If you guys want more special quest maps, try battling Japanese players.

Zhao_Yun

I have the "aging" one but I have to go to sleep now (4am here). I am still missing the fat chocobo map so let's trade tomorrow :)

Swamped

Banned

No problem, let's do it sometime tomorrow. I will have probably finished 'fierce' by then too, so I can give you three maps.

edit: uhoh sorry for the double post, wasn't paying attention...

Wazzy

Banned
Liberi Fatali is the biggest insult to me even though VIII got pretty well represented.

Also fuck Awakening from FF XI. I can't kill the boss before the level finishes.

jholmes

Liberi Fatali is the biggest insult to me even though VIII got pretty well represented.

Also fuck Awakening from FF XI. I can't kill the boss before the level finishes.

Where is Liberi Fatali? Where is Eyes on Me? How could they get 1000 Words but not Real Emotion?

So many questions. And yet the only one I ask myself is where the damn Kefka Theme is. I'd also take Johnny C. Bad.

Adzin

Neo Member
Isn't it just great in Online VS when you're perfectly matched with someone of your own skill?
Last night my opponent and I went on to have 20+ games together (Extreme mode), I think the final score was 12-11 or something. Our scores were so close every game.

It was so much fun, I just wish I could have added this person to my friend list T_T'

Played a lot during the football games yesterday. Man, those quest medleys are addicting. Got my Zidane up to around Lv 70 as my main FMS guy, and Ramza+Terra as main BMS around Lv 60 right now. Sometimes I put Zidane in the battle party for Grand Lethal.

Added myself to the spreadsheet. Still getting my feet wet again before I go ahead and tackle Ultimate level stages; put myself under Expert for now.

The track that I'm most bothered by not having is Distant Worlds. They even used it for the card book, but I don't think it's playable in any way.

Zhao_Yun

Isn't it just great in Online VS when you're perfectly matched with someone of your own skill?
Last night my opponent and I went on to have 20+ games together (Extreme mode), I think the final score was 12-11 or something. Our scores were so close every game.

It was so much fun, I just wish I could have added this person to my friend list T_T'

Yeah, I had some close duels with a Japanese guy. Shame that there isn't something like "last players encountered online" on the 3DS.

bobohoro

Yeah would be nice, had some good matches two days ago, but get destroyed otherwise when playing randoms, especially since I like to play without Ex Bursts and the only way to do that is on Ultimate (right?) and I am only half-decent at that difficulty.

Finally got my first few All Criticals. Changed my hold on the 3DS and am now tapping with my second or third finger on the B-button, works way better than the thump. Also got a Long Quest with 2x2 Black Shards and 3(or4) Turquoise ones, will do that one tonight to have something good for sharing online.

LuuKyK

Just got a lvl 59 map that was enteirely consistent of ultimate BMSs. I have no idea how I survived it. Dammit that was hard. I cant even imagine how its possible to acheive a perfect chain in one of these, it just seems impossible.

Swamped

Banned
This game is dangerous. It's making me seriously consider quitting school and replaying all the FF games. I want to play them all at the same time too! But I think I'm going to start with FFVI. Celes, Terra and Locke's themes are really getting to me.

Zhao_Yun

This game is dangerous. It's making me seriously consider quitting school and replaying all the FF games. I want to play them all at the same time too! But I think I'm going to start with FFVI. Celes, Terra and Locke's themes are really getting to me.

up for some versus? I could give you the "aging" map. :)

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
By the end of the day I aim to hit 51.5k Rhythmia (to unlock the FF VI songs), finish the Chocobo map, and rack 50 wins total in Versus. That way I can (hopefully) put this down and focus on Smash and P4AU.

Top Bottom