• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

rpmurphy

Just beat Battle With The Four Fiends on Ultimate for the first time. Feels good, man. I can't imagine ever being able to All Critical it though. I think a Perfect Chain is within the realm of possibility, though (only got five Bad/Misses).

Also did Saber's Edge right before. The fiddly bits are, well, fiddly.

EDIT: Everything Stoic for the glorious, glorious S ranks. I'm making this harder for myself than I have to, aren't I?
I'm working on SS perfect chaining everything + total criticals. ahahaha... ha...

Hansel?

Neo Member
Sorry if it's been asked before ,but I'm hoping someone can help me out here as I haven't been able to find much about Scarlet Shards. Pretty sure I read that Scarlets are only obtained through Dark Notes within No.'s 1-25.

Does anyone know of any easier way to figure out the how to get them?

It's all I have left, and after playing all my 1-25 dark notes over and over and over again (trying 2nd bosses and 3rd bosses and so on)... nothing.

Yeah, scarlet shards are only in No. 1- 25. Gotta just grind them out and hope you get a note that drops that shard. Use characters with Libra to find out faster.

Damn it. A Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest song just played on my iTunes playlist, and now I'm reminded of how many songs from that amazing soundtrack NEED to be in Theatrhythm...

The game finally, FINALLY, gives me the WoL Collectacard!

EDIT: After over 100hrs of play time, I have finally got Chaos in a Dark Note and defeated him! And got that "defeat all enemies" trophy as well. Now I just need to get three more characters to Level 99 and I can finally give this game a much needed break

EDIT 2: Who's best suited for Level 5 Flare?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
New songs should be up.

1. “Challenge” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “Desperate Fight” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “Battle 2” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY V)

Already downloaded them, but it might be a while before I try the new songs out since I'm trying to farm for Moruru's Charms in the Chaos Shrine

Just need to platinum WoL and Locke cards

So excited to play FF IX's "Battle 2" -- it's my favorite boss theme in the entire series. I've been anticipating its DLC release for a long time!

EDIT: Hmm... not the best week of DLC, as it turns out. Desperate Fight and Challenge are both deliriously boring (but I never really liked those songs to begin with), The Final Battle is just okay, and Battle 2, while it's an *amazing* song and surprisingly tough on Ultimate (for that matter, so is The Final Battle), it's kind of... obnoxious in that it has a bunch of those super short hold-swipes on Ultimate, which kind of takes away from it.

In the end, though, I'd say that Battle 2 is now the second-hardest Ultimate Score in the game, behind A Contest of Aeons (FF X). Of course, that'll all change when Force Your Way comes our way, presumably next month. :p

zroid

Banned
Hey guys, I am probably going to stop updating the OP with DLC and youtube links at the end of the month, but if someone else wants to take the reins I can put a link to your post in the DLC section.

linko9

FFV's final battle is real fun to play. Great song. I keep buying all the XII DLC, because I like the game so much, and then I remember that its music is terrible for a rhythm game :(

Apdiddy

I've spent quite a bit of time with this (over 15 hours!), but I sorta find Expert to be really badly balanced. The FMS/EMS for all the songs are nice, difficult, but doable. The BMS is next to impossible for me -- half the time I can't even react in time to the upcoming cues before I get a 'bad' or a 'miss.'

I did get an 'A' score on Final Fantasy battle theme on Expert though, but the rest are just...bad.

I'm surprised that "Eyes On Me," "Kiss Me Goodbye," or "My Hands" aren't DLC songs though....I guess S-E doesn't want to pay for the licensing to the singers too.

Hey guys, I am probably going to stop updating the OP with DLC and youtube links at the end of the month, but if someone else wants to take the reins I can put a link to your post in the DLC section.

I'm still really into this game, so I'll continue to post about the DLC every week. Posting YouTube links wouldn't be a problem.

I think Kagari probably will, too. She beat me to the punch this week...

Netto-kun

European DLC for this week should be:

1. Challenge (Final Fantasy X) - BMS
2. Ragnarok (Final Fantasy XI) - BMS
3. Crystal Cave (Final Fantasy III) - FMS
4. The Royal City of Rabanastre/Town Ward Upper Stratum (Final Fantasy XII) - FMS

While I'm happy for more FFXI DLC I wish they had put one of the FMS they have to go inbetween yet another battle one.

Ah well. *off to download and play anyway*

:D

Edit: NEVERMIND

lol, for some reason I was thinking Ragnarok was the theme during Odin's Chamber but its the Alexander fight music OMG

I LOVE THAT THEME! :D

/small complaint withdrawn

Even for you guys that haven't played FFXI I highly recommend this tune.

rpmurphy

I've spent quite a bit of time with this (over 15 hours!), but I sorta find Expert to be really badly balanced. The FMS/EMS for all the songs are nice, difficult, but doable. The BMS is next to impossible for me -- half the time I can't even react in time to the upcoming cues before I get a 'bad' or a 'miss.'

I did get an 'A' score on Final Fantasy battle theme on Expert though, but the rest are just...bad.

I'm surprised that "Eyes On Me," "Kiss Me Goodbye," or "My Hands" aren't DLC songs though....I guess S-E doesn't want to pay for the licensing to the singers too.
You should try some of the Ultimate levels if you get comfortable with the Expert difficulty. They're difficult, particularly the BMS, but pretty fun.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Anyone else feel like the hit detection is too lenient? I don't mean it in an elitist fuck way, I mean it's so lenient that it sometimes screws you up further. For example, sometimes, when I recognize that I've missed a note, I try to just time the next note perfectly. But even though the note I've missed is almost off screen, when I try to hit the next note, I get a bad on the note I passed up on, and then a miss for the note I wanted to get. Doesn't happen often enough to be a real issue, just something I thought was amusing.

Just purchased 9 DLC songs....all BMS tracks.

It's been about a month since I stopped playing in anticipation for the XL. Now I can get back into it.

Expect some Ultimate BMS videos sometime this week.

zroid

Banned
European DLC for this week should be:

1. Challenge (Final Fantasy X) - BMS
2. Ragnarok (Final Fantasy XI) - BMS
3. Crystal Cave (Final Fantasy III) - FMS
4. The Royal City of Rabanastre/Town Ward Upper Stratum (Final Fantasy XII) - FMS

Ok, I'm confused. Is this the DLC posted on August 16th, or the coming Thursday? If the latter, what was the DLC last week... if any?

Ponn

Banned
This has been oos at Amazon for awhile now and has high third party reseller prices. Is this not getting restocked or what?

Azuardo

Don't quote me for truth just yet, but the next EU DLC should be the following:

FF3 - The Crystal Tower
FF3 - The Last Battle
FF8 - The Castle
FF9 - Battle 2

Finalow

started the game today, really nice.
one question: does the level influence on the difficulty? I mean I tried some shit like No. 16 shrine or extreme mode of FFVII BSM and it's really too much for me. also tried the hardest verion of FF6 terra's theme and lol, holy shit.

Bururian

one question: does the level influence on the difficulty? I mean I tried some shit like No. 16 shrine or extreme mode of FFVII BSM and it's really too much for me. also tried the hardest verion of FF6 terra's theme and lol, holy shit.

on Dark Notes, your party average level determines the difficulty of the note patterns, so yes. Everything else (Challenge, Series) is tied to the difficulty you've chosen.

BooJoh

Well for battle stages your characters will have higher strength and more abilities, for field stages they'll have higher agility to move farther and again, more abilities. For all stages higher level means higher HP, which means you can screw up more times before you get a game over. There's some abilities that will allow you to heal your HP and get a free pass on a miss or two as well.

So yes, a party of higher level characters will make the game easier in a sense, but it won't make it any easier to get the triggers right. Only good old fashioned practice can do that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
1. “Otherworld” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “Battle 1” (FINAL FANTASY V)

Should be up in about 10 minutes.

1. “Otherworld” (FINAL FANTASY X)
2. “The Royal City of Rabanastre / Town Ward Upper Stratum” (FINAL FANTASY XII)
3. “The Final Battle” (FINAL FANTASY IX)
4. “Battle 1” (FINAL FANTASY V)

Should be up in about 10 minutes.

Not my favorite week of DLC, but I'm excited to play FF V's "Battle 1" and FF IX's "The Final Battle." Will be downloading all four songs as soon as I'm done with work! Glad my screen protectors for my new 3DS XL came today... I wasn't going to play Theatrhythm until my touch screen was protected, heh.

Finalow

but it won't make it any easier to get the triggers right. Only good old fashioned practice can do that.
that's what I wanted to know, damn, some of those are nearly impossibile for me.

now I'm basically "farming" the Dark Notes for the shards.

Bururian

Not my favorite week of DLC, but I'm excited to play FF V's "Battle 1" and FF IX's "The Final Battle." Will be downloading all four songs as soon as I'm done with work! Glad my screen protectors for my new 3DS XL came today... I wasn't going to play Theatrhythm until my touch screen was protected, heh.

I don't blame you. I played Ouendan/2, and EBA until the screen on my original DS started deteriorating.

Mileena

Banned
Am I wrong in thinking this is the best game on 3DS by far? Playing Ronfaure gave me flashbacks of dying to hares and orcs countless times. I want to make love to this game

rpmurphy

Am I wrong in thinking this is the best game on 3DS by far? Playing Ronfaure gave me flashbacks of dying to hares and orcs countless times. I want to make love to this game
Yeah, in terms of content and polish, it really is up there as one of the top 3DS games so far. The localization is less than desirable, but it isn't a major killer. I'm 40 hours in as my top played game, and it still has me hooked.

Yeah, in terms of content and polish, it really is up there as one of the top 3DS games so far. The localization is less than desirable, but it isn't a major killer. I'm 40 hours in as my top played game, and it still has me hooked.

What's wrong with the localization?

EU DLC is up

(BMS) FFIII - This is the Last Battle
(FMS) FFIII - The Crystal Tower
(FMS) FFVIII - The Castle
(BMS) FFIX - Battle 2

This should be the EU DLC for next week:

FF5 - The Decisive Battle
FF8 - Force Your Way
FF10 - Otherworld
FF11 - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

This should be the EU DLC for next week:

FF11 - The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah

dbry_yes_yes.gif

Wizpig

The demo sold me on this and i bought it over Rhythm Tengoku Wii (for the time being, i still want that) for €17.

Am i the only one who thinks the game sounds better if you put Stereo instead of Surround in the 3DS audio options?

Famassu

Had a bit of a break from this game. Earlier I had bought most of the DLC (10/12 or something), but now it's only 10/36. :S Decided to put 10€ in my wallet and go on a shopping spree. Ended up getting 9 post-PS1 FF songs (4 FFXII, 1 FFXI, 1 FFXIII, 2 FFX & 1 FFXIII-2's songs) + FFVI's Battle theme.

Wizpig

Oh wow, I had it on surround. It's like I was listening to 56Kbits RealAudio files vs 320Kbits MP3s...
And hey, i don't really know why.

This is playing without headphones, but here's the catch: some games sound better on Surround (um, Mario Kart 7? Kid Icarus Uprising? others i may be forgetting) and some on Stereo.

Pretty odd.

Top Bottom