• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Is there a way to consistently get Boss 2 in the Chaos Shrine?
Put someone w/high agility in the lead, so that you pass the "Boss No. 2 or 3" sign in the FMS song. Then take a dive and lose at least 25% of your health on the first two bosses in BMS. Boss No. 3 only shows up if you have 75% or more of your health when the second boss is defeated.

I recommend getting the DLC. The Eternity of Darkness and The Final Battle make great BMS ones for FFIX.

Also, what are the last songs comings out? I know Matoya's Cave is one of them.
Hmm, maaaybe. I got the game for like $25 and figured $15 of DLC would even it out to the normal retail cost and there were pretty much like fifteen DLCs for Final Fantasy I through VI. But then again, the game has been concentrated crack for me, so maybe I could use some more.

September 20, 2012
1. “Force Your Way” (Final Fantasy VIII)
2. “Ragnarok” (Final Fantasy XI)
3. “Matoya’s Cave” (Final Fantasy)
4. “Tower of Mages” (Final Fantasy II)

rpmurphy

Put someone w/high agility in the lead, so that you pass the "Boss No. 2 or 3" sign in the FMS song. Then take a dive and lose at least 25% of your health on the first two bosses in BMS. Boss No. 3 only shows up if you have 75% or more of your health when the second boss is defeated.
Oh I see. I will try that, thanks.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Guess I'll be picking Matoya's Cave soon enough.

Are there still more DLC coming up? I still feel shorted out though. It lacks FFVIII and FFIX songs. :/

Are there still more DLC coming up? I still feel shorted out though. It lacks FFVIII and FFIX songs. :/
This is it.

Also, after all DLC, every game has nine or ten songs, it's actually pretty equal across all thirteen games.

I was sure that the NES games would get shafted myself, but they were represented well (minus the terrible Gulgu Volcano "remix").

So, so sad that this is the last week of DLC. I just can't get enough of this game. If they kept releasing DLC indefinitely, I'd keep buying it indefinitely. I'm horrible, I know. :(

Heh, I would have been doing the same thing

EDIT: Cloud collectacard at Level 9. That just leaves WoL (8) and Locke (6)

This game is a real goddamn troll when it comes to handing out cards

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Matoya's Cave is the best 8-bit song.

Same goes for Dungeon (FFII) because it sounds a bit strange.

I'm a bit sad to see the DLC end. :( Such an awesome game. Hopefully, maybe, it just means they want to save something for a sequel?

Please?

<3 Theatrhythm.

Windy noob zone music tomorrow to finish things off!

Haven't been playing for a while but I'm checking StreetPasses on all my games again so I started up Theatrhythm again now...

Apparently I passed someone with "Neogaf Believe" as their profile message thing, heh

Croc

Banned
Haven't been playing for a while but I'm checking StreetPasses on all my games again so I started up Theatrhythm again now...

Apparently I passed someone with "Neogaf Believe" as their profile message thing, heh

I just got the game yesterday, ended up setting mine as "Croc-Neogaf.com"

Couldn't think of anything actually useful to put there and I thought it'd be cool if I streetpassed some other member of GAF.

I'm having a blast with the game so far. Just hit 10k rm a bit ago and "completed" the game. I'm gunna try and stay out of this thread though cause I'm trying not to spoil any of the unlockable characters. Right now I think I have 4-6 shards of yellow, orange, and scarlet.

Edit: Can someone explain Dark Notes to me? I don't really get them. Like how do you fight other bosses and what is the purpose of being able to delete them?

Edit: Can someone explain Dark Notes to me? I don't really get them. Like how do you fight other bosses and what is the purpose of being able to delete them?
If you do well on the FMS of a Dark Note (agility helps), you'll pass a sign that says "Boss 2/3." This means you will face one of those bosses on the BMS. If you do poorly on the FMS and do not pass the sign, you'll get Boss 1. Of course, when you do pass the sign, how well you do in the BMS (against the first two monsters) will dictate which boss you'll fight between Boss 2 and Boss 3.

You can delete Dark Notes because you can only hold 99.

Croc

Banned
If you do well on the FMS of a Dark Note (agility helps), you'll pass a sign that says "Boss 2/3." This means you will face one of those bosses on the BMS. If you do poorly on the FMS and do not pass the sign, you'll get Boss 1. Of course, when you do pass the sign, how well you do in the BMS (against the first two monsters) will dictate which boss you'll fight between Boss 2 and Boss 3.

You can delete Dark Notes because you can only hold 99.

Oh for some reason I was under the impression that Dark Notes were unlocked in a set order and there was a total of 99. I guess that makes sense then. I've fought more than the first boss before but I don't ever remember seeing a sign like that, I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention.

Thanks for the answer btw

polg

I bought this game months ago (it was 1/2 price) and never really looked into it until today.

I played for HOURS non stop and love the game. Not a huge FF fan but this is a great rhythm game none the less.

I now need to find some street passes!

Bururian

And with the final week in DLC, I have spent $52 dollars on all the songs. $42 on the game after tax, so $94 in total. I don't feel the least bit sorry/ashamed. This has been the best DLC for any game ever to me.

ULTROS!

The Castle is pretty crazy on Ultimate mode. One of the best songs though.

Croc

Banned
Okay I have to ask since it has really been bugging me; (I dunno how much you guys care about spoilers or anything here)
do you ever unlock any more colors or backgrounds for the ProfiCards? I was super excited the first time it said I unlocked "another option" instead of "more options" because I thought it meant another background or color, but it was just another character. I'm at about 31000 rm right now.

Okay I have to ask since it has really been bugging me; (I dunno how much you guys care about spoilers or anything here)
do you ever unlock any more colors or backgrounds for the ProfiCards? I was super excited the first time it said I unlocked "another option" instead of "more options" because I thought it meant another background or color, but it was just another character. I'm at about 31000 rm right now.

Nope, just more characters

Bought a bunch more tracks today:

FFII: Battle Theme 1
FFVII: Fight On!
FFIX: The Final Battle
FFIX: Dark City Treno
FFX: Final Battle
FFXII: The Dalmasca Estersand
FFXIII: Desperate Struggle
FFXIII: March of the Dreadnoughts
FFXIII: The Archylte Steppe
FFType-O: We Have Arrived

Also, is it possible to have songs from The Chaos Shrine show in the the Challenge menu?

Yeah, Chaos Shrine only songs have their own section in the Challenge menu. You just need to earn lots of Rhythmia to unlock them (27500-45000)

Kazerei

Banned
As I was thinking about downloading NSMB2 DLC, I just remembered this game. Ended up purchasing three more tracks: FFIV Battle 2, FFIV Final Battle, and FFV Battle. Woohoo!

bumpkin

Yeah, Chaos Shrine only songs have their own section in the Challenge menu. You just need to earn lots of Rhythmia to unlock them (27500-45000)
I'm up to a hair under 28,000 and have unlocked at least one Chaos Shrine only song. I'll tell ya though, how much Rhythmia do you need to unlock all of the characters? I feel like I've done almost everything I can do, and I'm still at least 4 shards away from unlocking one of 'em.

I find that I just can't hang with most of the songs on Ultimate. Pretty much fail almost every time. :(

Croc

Banned
I'm up to a hair under 28,000 and have unlocked at least one Chaos Shrine only song. I'll tell ya though, how much Rhythmia do you need to unlock all of the characters? I feel like I've done almost everything I can do, and I'm still at least 4 shards away from unlocking one of 'em.

I find that I just can't hang with most of the songs on Ultimate. Pretty much fail almost every time. :(

You get most of your crystals from beating bosses in the Chaos Shrine. In my experience you can usually get one from beating the 3rd boss, but I've received them from the other bosses as well. I got the crystals from 4 or so characters pretty easily but I'm not really seeing any crystals from other characters.

Each Dark Note can drop up to three different items/shards. You can make different shards available by getting a larger No. for Dark Notes by using higher level characters. Some shards only become available at high Nos.

bumpkin

Each Dark Note can drop up to three different items/shards. You can make different shards available by getting a larger No. for Dark Notes by using higher level characters. Some shards only become available at high Nos.
I didn't even realize that about Dark Notes almost always dropping shards. I re-played a handful of 'em last night -- got better scores than before -- now that my characters' levels are higher. How do you get the boss path to change though? Obviously, I tried to get the best score possible every time I played 'em over, but that led to the same boss every time. Does it change based on your party make-up or something?

Croc

Banned
I didn't even realize that about Dark Notes almost always dropping shards. I re-played a handful of 'em last night -- got better scores than before -- now that my characters' levels are higher. How do you get the boss path to change though? Obviously, I tried to get the best score possible every time I played 'em over, but that led to the same boss every time. Does it change based on your party make-up or something?

I'm pretty sure the way it works is, the higher your leader's agility is, the easier it will be for you to pass the Boss 2/3 sign (the sign is what triggers you fighting 2/3 in the BMS as opposed to 1).

Akuosa

If you don't get to the boss sign in the field song, you will get boss one every time. How far you get in the first song is based on the agility of your leader, so use one with a high stat if you want to reach it easily.
If you do reach the sign, you'll face the 3rd boss if your hp is higher than 75% after the first couple enemies, and the 2nd one if it's lower.

rpmurphy

I'm pretty sure the way it works is, the higher your leader's agility is, the easier it will be for you to pass the Boss 2/3 sign (the sign is what triggers you fighting 2/3 in the BMS as opposed to 1).
I could be wrong, but I think your whole team's agility affects how far you get in FMS, not just your leader's.

dokish

Banned
My 3DS XL will arrive this week! I'm so excited! (I was right about not getting a regular 3DS right after launch).

I'm between FF and Code of Princess.

My question is: How bad are the spoilers from VI, VII and XII? I never played them and I want to be as far as possible from spoilers, specially VI and XII (Yes, I already know that you-know-who dies in VII).

Square mentioned anything about putting XIII-2 songs? I wanna Yeul's theme so bad. (EDIT: Just saw the post above... Damn you, Square! - Also, NO BALAMB GARDEN? COME ON!)

Is funny that they make tons of useless DLC for their other games, but something so awesome like FFT they don't release too much songs.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Can someone be perhaps so kind to tell me exactly which DLC songs are packed with new "background" and not just new music? Thanks.

Square mentioned anything about putting XIII-2 songs?

There's just one track as far as now. And I think that'll be it :p

Sora_N

Haven't played this game for a while...there's already 52 songs. I haven't gotten any but I don't think I'll pay $52 right now to get them all, will just grab a couple I like. Do the songs save on the game cart after I buy it?

NeOak

My question is: How bad are the spoilers from VI, VII and XII? I never played them and I want to be as far as possible from spoilers, specially VI and XII (Yes, I already know that you-know-who dies in VII).

You might see some stuff, but tbh, unless you have played the game, the videos don't make sense. I haven't played a few and I see the vids and its like... "uhhh ok"

Haven't played this game for a while...there's already 52 songs. I haven't gotten any but I don't think I'll pay $52 right now to get them all, will just grab a couple I like. Do the songs save on the game cart after I buy it?

DLC is stored in the SD card.

BJK

Can't stop playing this game, despite having other titles to get to. I've beaten 40-50 dark notes thusfar, rotating through the characters to keep the average level low. Until I unlock a few more characters (only Ashe to-date) I'm not sure if I should be grinding for characters or just taking my favorite four and ride the difficulty curve upward.

Really wish there was more variety of songs in the chaos shrine since they have so many other songs they could use. Am I correct that DLC never shows up in the shrine?

NeOak

Can't stop playing this game, despite having other titles to get to. I've beaten 40-50 dark notes thusfar, rotating through the characters to keep the average level low. Until I unlock a few more characters (only Ashe to-date) I'm not sure if I should be grinding for characters or just taking my favorite four and ride the difficulty curve upward.

Really wish there was more variety of songs in the chaos shrine since they have so many other songs they could use. Am I correct that DLC never shows up in the shrine?

Yes, you are correct.

Will my DLC transfer to another 3DS? I gave my 3DS to my mummy and I've ordered a limited edition Pikachu XL, but while I'm waiting for that to be released I'd really like to play the DLC. Can I just buy it and transfer everything over later? I have ambassador status so will be transferring everything onto the new one anyway.

I think this might well be the best Final Fantasy game I've played in years. It's amazing :)

Roto13

Will my DLC transfer to another 3DS? I gave my 3DS to my mummy and I've ordered a limited edition Pikachu XL, but while I'm waiting for that to be released I'd really like to play the DLC. Can I just buy it and transfer everything over later? I have ambassador status so will be transferring everything onto the new one anyway.

I think this might well be the best Final Fantasy game I've played in years. It's amazing :)

Yeah, DLC transfers when you transfer everything else.

Famassu

Has Square Enix said anything about additional DLC? Or how well the DLC has sold, overall? Kind of itching for more, still many of my favorite songs missing from the game, especially post-Uematsu era.

Has Square Enix said anything about additional DLC? Or how well the DLC has sold, overall? Kind of itching for more, still many of my favorite songs missing from the game, especially post-Uematsu era.

Nope, nothing :(

I want more songs too. Been a while since I last played the game

Top Bottom