• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy |OT| Yes, "One-Winged Angel" is in! Quit asking!

Been at a big anime convention this weekend (just finished), and I'm two new ProfileCards away from getting the 99 ProfileCard trophy. Goddammit, so close and I don't even know when I'm gonna get two more new ones :(

At least I got the 50 byline trophy

EDIT: And now I have 98 different ProfiCards....fuck

Been at a big anime convention this weekend (just finished), and I'm two new ProfileCards away from getting the 99 ProfileCard trophy. Goddammit, so close and I don't even know when I'm gonna get two more new ones :(

At least I got the 50 byline trophy

EDIT: And now I have 98 different ProfiCards....fuck

I got enough Theatrhythm tags at Otakon to overwrite my entire StreetPass list three times over.

Try coming to MAGFest?

Ticket-holders are invited to a special lobby event featuring a duet preview performance with Nobuo Uematsu and Arnie Roth at 6:40 p.m. The first 64 fans to sign-up can also participate in the THEATRHYTHM™ FINAL FANTASY® tournament for a chance to win the grand prize of a custom FINAL FANTASY® XIII-2 branded PlayStation®3 or Xbox 360®. Also at the event will be a FINAL FANTASY-themed photo booth and related merchandise for sale. All attendees will receive a free, limited edition poster.

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

Alright, I'm officially jealous. Don't even know how the tournament is gonna work, but I want to try it so bad. Why don't I live in Chicago? ;_;

Celegus

I finally got this game on Black Friday, it was pretty much the thing that sold me on getting a 3DS. Absolutely loving it to pieces so far. This is the first rythmn game I've ever played where I actually knew just about every song! And love them all! The timing feels really tight and I love that you can turn off the trigger sounds, and I just want to play it more.

Shaffield

I just got this game yesterday and it's already my most favorite rhythm game.

It is the bees knees, gentlemen.

it certainly is, this year has been amazing for rhythm games
I would definitely put this up with my favorites, probably just above RH Fever, but a little lower than Gitaroo Man and Rhythm Tengoku GBA

Celegus

I just got this game yesterday and it's already my most favorite rhythm game.

It is the bees knees, gentlemen.

Same here. Even from a purely mechanical standpoint, I think the gameplay they came up with is really clever and works great. I liked Elite Beat Agents, but it got annoying to have to hit the exact right part of the screen all the time, and was sometimes hard to see with my hand getting in the way.

I knew I was going to like it, but it's fast becoming one of my favorite games of the year. It's perfect for doing a couple dark notes in bed before going to sleep (although usually ends up being 5 or 6 instead of 1 or 2).

That iOS version

Please SE, bring all that extra stuff into the 3DS version. I wouldn't mind playing Celes's Theme with Celes being the leader

iOS site is up and based on how the EMS songs are used (the ones that weren't removed), it might be best if a new version of the game is released on the 3DS

Nymerio

Hmm, couldn't this be done by giving 3DS owners the dark notes for free as dlc? I'd be pissed if I had to buy the game again for that. If they give us a goty version with all the dlc though...

Celegus

That iOS version

Please SE, bring all that extra stuff into the 3DS version. I wouldn't mind playing Celes's Theme with Celes being the leader

I was really surprised they went with Ashe instead of Balthier, though I doubt I'd actually pay money for him even if it does come to 3DS.

Does anyone know if using Treasure Hunter affects chances of getting a new crystal shard? Or is that solely based on killing the boss and getting one of their three treasures randomly? If I rearrange my group a bit, I can probably get to the point where I can kill a boss twice in the Dark Shrine and get 2 shards, if that would work.

zroid

Banned
Betrayal! I guess we all expected this would go to iOS eventually, though. :(

Hopefully the new content comes to 3DS in some form. I haven't played this game in months and didn't put as much time into it as I'd have liked.

Hmm, couldn't this be done by giving 3DS owners the dark notes for free as dlc? I'd be pissed if I had to buy the game again for that. If they give us a goty version with all the dlc though...

SE could do that, but they might just let the Dark Note and EMS songs stay as they are like in the original version and bring in the actual new songs and characters as DLC

I would much prefer a GOTY edition that keeps the original version intact, adds the new songs/characters, and includes the alternate versions of the EMS/Dark Note songs

Does anyone know if using Treasure Hunter affects chances of getting a new crystal shard? Or is that solely based on killing the boss and getting one of their three treasures randomly? If I rearrange my group a bit, I can probably get to the point where I can kill a boss twice in the Dark Shrine and get 2 shards, if that would work.

I'd like to know this as well. The game seems to not want me to getting the last Red Shard. :(

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
quick question:

How do you get new lower level dark notes? Looking in a faq, some crystal shards drop when you do lv1-25 dark notes, but most of my dark notes are way above that. I only have like four or five in that range, how can I get new ones?

It seems that if you keep on doing dark notes with higher level characters then you will just have a bunch of high level dark notes. Is there any reason to go back and play lower level ones, will all the crystal shard colors just eventuallly drop in the higher note levels?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
quick question:

How do you get new lower level dark notes? Looking in a faq, some crystal shards drop when you do lv1-25 dark notes, but most of my dark notes are way above that. I only have like four or five in that range, how can I get new ones?

It seems that if you keep on doing dark notes with higher level characters then you will just have a bunch of high level dark notes. Is there any reason to go back and play lower level ones, will all the crystal shard colors just eventuallly drop in the higher note levels?

If it's like the 3DS version, you need lower level characters in your party.

Celegus

quick question:

No, you'll have to either unlock new dark notes with low level characters or try to fill out all 9 possible items in the low level ones that you do have. Just use the guide to know which ones can drop in what levels and hope for the best!

These crystal shards are pretty annoying. I want to play the regular songs again, but I want to use different characters so I feel like I have to only do the dark notes. Frustrating when I can see this boss has a shard I need from using Libra, but I just keep getting Odin's Magicite. Speaking of which, what is the point of magicite even? Seems really pointless.

Wichu

quick question:

Occasionally you'll get a low-level Dark Note even using high-level characters (I think it's random, maybe roughly 1/10?). I once got a level 3 Dark Note using a level 99 party.

Speaking of which, what is the point of magicite even? Seems really pointless.

It's the only way to summon Bahamut, I think. But yeah, the others are pointless other than for the 'use all items' trophy.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Occasionally you'll get a low-level Dark Note even using high-level characters (I think it's random, maybe roughly 1/10?). I once got a level 3 Dark Note using a level 99 party.

Cool, I was just wondering if you made a Lv.99 Dark Note are you stuck with that until you can clear that with a lower level party. But it seems like it'll help you work your way back up with a Low Level Note if you get to be too high. That makes sense, good info!

Tried to play this 3 times on my ipod and it crashed every time. Deleted.

Which model? Did you try it from a fresh restart? The game is resource heavy and probably doesn't cope well with too many other tasks running in the background on the RAM-starved iPod Touch.

Dumb question. Does this have the awesome part of the FXIII battle theme (0:58)? I noticed it's the background music in the Challenge menu, but playing through XIII in series mode or whatever doesn't have it.

Awesome, thanks guys.

Really enjoying the game so far, but the huge amount of DLC songs is a bit annoying. Doesn't help that getting the game today means I see all of them at once instead of gradually releasing, lol. Wish they'd at least break them into packs and give you a bit of a discount.

Celegus

Dumb question. Does this have the awesome part of the FXIII battle theme (0:58)? I noticed it's the background music in the Challenge menu, but playing through XIII in series mode or whatever doesn't have it.

I was also really surprised that wasn't in the game at first, until I realized there are more songs to unlock. Saber's Edge is such a tease because it sounds so similar like it's going to get to the good part but never does. I hope Setzer's theme gets unlocked later (the song that plays during change party/equipment screen).

I'm getting close to getting all the characters finally at nearly 50k Rhythmia, except for Mr Black Shard - still only have one of those.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hey does anyone know if Libra skills stack?

Instead of seeing 2 items, will you see 4 items if you have them (Cid & Locke) both in your party after clearing a Dark Note?

Robin64

Hey does anyone know if Libra skills stack?

Instead of seeing 2 items, will you see 4 items if you have them (Cid & Locke) both in your party after clearing a Dark Note?

They do indeed stack. So unlocking Dark Notes with a fully Libra'd up party is a really good idea. I think you can see up to 7 out of 9 of the items.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Tight, another random question.

When you have a character that is Lv99 in your party, the EXP still gets divided to them, they just don't use it. Like for example, if I have a party of three Lv.99 and my fourth character isn't just going to receive all the EXP right? They still get the total EXP divided by four like always?

And also, does the party leader gain more EXP than the others? I know in battle mode, the characters get divided EXP based on how much damage/kills they got in the actual combat, or something like that righ?

Tight, another random question.

When you have a character that is Lv99 in your party, the EXP still gets divided to them, they just don't use it. Like for example, if I have a party of three Lv.99 and my fourth character isn't just going to receive all the EXP right? They still get the total EXP divided by four like always?

And also, does the party leader gain more EXP than the others? I know in battle mode, the characters get divided EXP based on how much damage/kills they got in the actual combat, or something like that righ?

To the bolded: Yes

And the party leader does get more EXP than other members for all stages

Roto13

What is some of the most fun dlc songs to get?

I own half of the DLC and Etro's Champion from XIII-2 and We Have Arrived from Type-0 are my two favourites.

Ignore the website sample for We Have Arrived. Why the hell would they use the slow part?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Quesiton for the chaos shrine Battle songs:

Do you guys prefer magic users over physical attackers? I have Terra and Vivi Lv.99 and I'm not sure how to best set them up? Anyone have any suggestions?

I've used Trance and Dualcast with as many magic spells as I could... and I'm just not sure that this is as effective as just using Squall and Cloud with max STR and Focus abilities.

... Another question what's the best way to get rare drops? I'm using Zidane treasure hunter and steal abilities with a Luck Up Lv1. Does having the highest max Luck make a huge difference in getting rares?

Danj

Just picked this up for £15 in the Grainger Games sale. Needless to say I'm awful at it but it seems like a fun game all the same. Are the DLC tracks only available individually or are there bundles you can buy? According to wiki there's like 52 of them, purchasing them all individually would be kinda expensive o_O

Man do I prefer the iOS version. Not sure if I want to invest in it financially though since I already have the 3DS version.

Top Bottom