• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Cate Blanchett in final negotiations to join "Thor: Ragnarok"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor

Is there any synopsis about this movie? will they go all out and Beta Ray destroying planets with a swing of his hammer like that comic panel?

Sanjuro

Marvel has had a pretty good track record with casting talent, both proven or otherwise. Some people just like to bitch because they think someone of Blanchett's talent is being wasted on the MCU, as if actors and actresses were somehow obliged to take and turn down certain types of roles. The MCU is one of the biggest Hollywood franchises of all time, of course it's going to attract big name talent.

Marvel has been getting some big names as of late, likely in part because of how big the franchise has gotten. I gotta wonder though if Feige has been able to make better offers now that he has more control of the studio.

Does this talent get paid in similar quantities for quality of work?

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Valkyrie-Armor-Concept-Art-16-Thor-The-Dark-World-Josh-Nizzi.jpg

IT'S HAPPENING.

man it seems like the artistic talent behind these thor movies is stacked , why they choose the character direction and settings they choose is beyond me, they CAN do this, what a cool design. Gotta find a way to channel Journey Into Mystery into film form.

guek

Banned
I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you asking are they paid similarly for "quality" roles? That all depends on how you define quality work. I'd assume higher profile blockbuster work pays better than art films but what do I know? Actors agree to whatever compensation they sign on for though. Arguing an MCU role is somehow beneath an actor is pretty dumb regardless, even if the movies were universally panned (which isn't even close to their reception). Actors take on bad roles all the time. It's not like they know for certain how a movie will turn out beforehand. This one is likely a decent paycheck for a high profile role from a fairly reliable production studio.

dabig2

angela? Enchantress?

Probably Hela.

FLickeringMyth: Rumour: Marvel wants a female villain for Thor: Ragnarok

“I have heard that Marvel is also planning on bringing their first major female villain into their cinematic universe,” gossip site of Elaine Lui is claiming. “I don’t know who the character is for sure, but there are a couple likely candidates from Asgard: Amora the Enchantress, a sorceress; or Hela, Queen of the Dead.”

Now the site does sound like its speculating with the options of Amora and Hela rather than basing that on information she’s heard, but they would be the likliest of candidates. Amora is one of Thor’s oldest foes and Hela would fit in with the Ragnarok storyline that was set up in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The site also claims that Marvel want to bring in someone “Cate Blanchett big” for the role.

hela-thor-600x380.jpg

jmood88

I was hardly the first one in this thread. My point stands, it was brought up by some posters just to continue this corny beef
My post had nothing to do with DC or continuing any kind of fanboy battle over companies, however.

I don't understand your obsession with this. For one, we have no idea what she may be paid until she signs a contract and someone decides to leak the terms. Secondly, why do you care more than she does? If she ends up signing on for the movie, then she clearly thinks that the money is fine.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Maybe being in a Marvel movie is the new "it" thing in Hollywood?

The actors they get is just astonishing.

Yep, it's basically the equivalent of being in a Batman movie in the 90s. And most of the actors (sans Natalie Portman) seem to have fun with it. Michael Douglas did it for his kids so they could see him in a film. Lots of exposure, decent paycheck for a little work, it looks like a good gig for the supporting actors. I imagine directing one of these beasts is a circle of hell in of itself though haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom