• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THR: Cate Blanchett in final negotiations to join "Thor: Ragnarok"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

My post had nothing to do with DC or continuing any kind of fanboy battle over companies, however.

I don't understand your obsession with this. For one, we have no idea what she may be paid until she signs a contract and someone decides to leak the terms. Secondly, why do you care more than she does? If she ends up signing on for the movie, then she clearly thinks that the money is fine.

What is my obsession?

I like Cate, she is likely going to have a fun role, likely getting paid a bit more money.

I don't really see the downside here that you are getting at. She has played a variety of roles in her career anyway. I'll be there opening weekend regardless of who is cast.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Yep, it's basically the equivalent of being in a Batman movie in the 90s. And most of the actors (sans Natalie Portman) seem to have fun with it. Michael Douglas did it for his kids so they could see him in a film. Lots of exposure, decent paycheck for a little work, it looks like a good gig for the supporting actors. I imagine directing one of these beasts is a circle of hell in of itself though haha

Hugo Weaving wasnt thrilled with his bout in a Marvel movie either.

jmood88

What is my obsession?

I like Cate, she is likely going to have a fun role, likely getting paid a bit more money.

I don't really see the downside here that you are getting at. She has played a variety of roles in her career anyway. I'll be there opening weekend regardless of who is cast.
Your multiple posts asking this same question about money over and over again.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ

he should've known he wasn't going to get to be the actual Red Skull, thats too in your face evil for an international market. Honestly even for the domestic market, sucks...but yeah he had a shit megatron to do as well.

Sanjuro

Your multiple posts asking this same question about money over and over again.

...responding to your multiple responses over and over again.

Not sure what point you are attempting to reach. She is a surprise to many. Much like Redford for example. Nothing more. I'm not starting my MCU hunger strike anytime soon.

jmood88

...responding to your multiple responses over and over again.
You kept bringing it up after the first time I quoted you.

Not sure what point you are attempting to reach. She is a surprise to many. Much like Redford for example. Nothing more. I'm not starting my MCU hunger strike anytime soon.
None of this has anything to do with what I've said in this thread.

Sanjuro

You kept bringing it up after the first time I quoted you.

None of this has anything to do with what I've said in this thread.

So, I suppose what is your source of contention then jmood?

Her paycheck is nothing more than a common sense commentary on Marvel Studios vs arthouse production.

Real Hero

I feel like you could probably replace every character in these films who isn't Thor or Loki with mannequins and nobody would care notice

Sanjuro

I feel like you could probably replace every character in these films who isn't Thor or Loki with mannequins and nobody would care notice

Yeah. That was kind of my commentary on the first one. Liked all the Thor stuff, but everything else seemed standard. It's been a while though.

Cannot. Wait..

Outside of being an amazing actress and all-round positive role model for women in Hollywood, she's elegant as hell and absolutely drop dead gorgeous...

Ithil

He said more recently he didn't mind it, it was fun to do, other than the heavy makeup, but he doesn't want to do any more blockbusters right now (the Hobbit films being more of a favour than anything), he wants to stick to smaller films.

Probably when they announce they got Sarah Jessica Parker.

Where's that Loki gif?

TIME TO GROW UP, YA LITTLE PUNKS
NOOOOOOOOOOO

I WANNA GO WITH AUNTIE MONICA
He said more recently he didn't mind it, it was fun to do, other than the heavy makeup, but he doesn't want to do any more blockbusters right now (the Hobbit films being more of a favour than anything), he wants to stick to smaller films.

Where's that Loki gif?

fiOSSkY.gif

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
EXCLUSIVE: Did Mark Ruffalo Just Confirm Cate Blanchett Is the New 'Thor' Villain?

"Your Thor 3 co-star, Cate Blanchett, is here tonight, are you happy about that?" ET asked the 48-year-old actor.

"I'm so thrilled. I saw her at the Governors' banquet here and heard that maybe she was circling, they were talking to her about the part, so I ran up to her and I was like, 'Please, please, please make this work!'" he revealed.

"She's just one of the best, and to have her play a baddie is going to be really exciting," Ruffalo added.

Oh shiiiit....

guek

Banned
The previous Thor movies have shown us acting talent isn't enough to produce great films (though Thor 1 is alright).

Don't fuck this up, Marvel! Thor needs a home run.

The previous Thor movies have shown us acting talent isn't enough to produce great films (though Thor 1 is alright).

Don't fuck this up, Marvel! Thor needs a home run.

I thought Thor 1 was REALLY good. Hopkins and Russo were/are wastes, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom