• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Three explosions in town in Chad, Boko Haram kills 37 and wounds 52

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walpurgis

Banned
There is report of 38 dead in a suicide attack in Tchad market attack right now. I do not have posting privilege, but thought i post it here.

http://www.lemonde.fr/afrique/artic...trier-attribue-a-boko-haram_4787088_3212.html
Google translated from French.
Three explosions attributed to Islamist group Boko Haram killed at least 37 people Saturday, October 10th in the afternoon in Baga Sola, a Chadian town near the border with Nigeria on the shores of Lake Chad.

Corroborating sources report "37 dead and 52 wounded", according to a provisional toll yet. The first explosion occurred on the market to Baga Sola fish and the other two in a refugee camp on the outskirts of the city.
The explosions, which occurred about 16 hours (17 hours in Paris), were immediately attributed to the Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram, according to security sources.
In March, the group had attacked several villages of Lake Chad, killing 19 people. This summer, the Islamists had committed a double attack suicide on the market of N'Djamena, the capital, causing ten deaths.
Since the beginning of the year, the army of Chad is committed to a regional military operation against Boko Haram, whose raids and attacks have spread beyond the northeast of Nigeria, its historical stronghold, to neighboring countries, Chad, Niger and Cameroon.
This offensive has inflicted serious setback to the group-affiliated organization Islamic state, but the insurgents, who have lost territories, always carrying out attacks in the region.
Thank you, Putzweg.

Walpurgis

Banned
I haven't heard of Boko Haram in a while. Does anyone know about the situation with them there? Has ISIS reached out to them? And now that Nigeria's elections have ended, has the president made any decisive actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom