• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THURSDAYTON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

demi

-jinx- said:
I can understand all the doubt, but as I said, Nintendo is watching...and the chance to shut up all of the critics and skeptics in a single blow would be just as important to Nintendo as the big reveal. They've taken a LOT of heat this generation, and had to put up with the "third place" talk even though they are clearly kicking the shit of Microsoft in Japan.

To give it a sports analogy: When you ask someone to recall their favorite games, do they ever mention the blowouts? As much as it might be nice to see your favorite basketball team win by 30 points, the ones which are truly memorable are the ones where they were down 15 points going into the fourth quarter, and manage to win on a crushing, last-second three-point shot. It's the DRAMA which makes it great.

So, when you think about it, wouldn't playing this off as a joke, as fodder for Sony/MS fanboys, be the PERFECT setup?

No. Absolutely wrong. Get your sports right.

StRaNgE

Banned
so what was up with that pic that was posted that looked like a controller all done on a touch screen? was that a fake too or did someone leak something. back on page 2 or 3 on here (or it was) can't find it now.

I was in a very pissed off mood before I read this thread (work-related mind you, not E3).

No matter what happens Thursday, this thread has lifted my spirits and put me in a good mood. Thanks a lot guys.

So, when you think about it, wouldn't playing this off as a joke, as fodder for Sony/MS fanboys, be the PERFECT setup?

Nail on head.

A few quotes from yesterday's excellent "what can I say" thread from Drinky:

There's no call for a crucifixion. Near as I can tell -- although my take on this is quite a bit different from Johnny's -- Nintendo surprised a LOT of folks by removing content from their conference.

Could be. Might be the controller, at least. I still can't fathom why they didn't show it. Maybe they'd show the case as a teaser, and leak the rest out over the course of E3. Reggie's a showman, after all. At any rate, we'll see.

He has friends at Nintendo and this isn't his usual troll...

vesuvious

Banned
SantaCruZer said:
...threads like these only make Nintendo fans look dumb :(

nothing will happen.

Yeah, we Nintendo fans tend to feed into the frezy of these megaton type delios time and time again till we get burned by our own flames.

This should be the the Nintendo's fans mantra..."There's no one to blame but me...I'm my own casualty" :lol

Johnas

I really hope you folks aren't out to crush my heart. Ami, you wouldn't do that, would you?

WOULD YOU?

Who knows what to think at this point. I sure don't. All I know is that this E3 will absolutely go down as the most memorable one, for a multitude of reasons.

vesuvious

Banned
StRaNgE said:
so what was up with that pic that was posted that looked like a controller all done on a touch screen? was that a fake too or did someone leak something. back on page 2 or 3 on here (or it was) can't find it now.

Don't fall for that old trick...thats an old pic thats been floating around the internet for awhile now.

blackadde

StRaNgE said:

Looked like a PSP with a picture of a touchscreen on it.

McPhineas

It's too bad you all are so convinced Drinky Crow is Lucy and you're Charlie Brown. How sad will it be when Nintendo reveals their big news and all their fanboys have stopped believing enough to even try to kick the football?

You guys aren't worth your stripes.

Andvary

demi said:
amiongafwhoknowsoopsisaidtoomu.jpg

is that an hologram behind the ds?

nightez

Banned
Setanta said:
Mario's Adventure
- Wave Race:Feel the Stream
- NiGHTS (SEGA)
- gRasp!
- NintendoBros.( "SmashBros.") 

- Metroid Nexus (RetroStudio)
- Angel Land Story:Icarus (CAPCOM)
- Super Mario Nexus (Mario128)

Sounds too good to be true. lol That'll never happen.
LOl what whats your source

Kon Tiki

Banned
IT IS THE 2D METROID FOR DS, RIGHT?

If nintendo does not show this at the show, they are one of the dumbest companies around.

Drinky is the best pro wrestling villian ever. Luring the Nintendo fans into a false sense of security.... and tomorrow we'll get the crowd-pleasing steel chair to the back of the head. :lol

Chesapeake Silt said:
Drinky is the best pro wrestling villian ever. Luring the Nintendo fans into a false sense of security.... and tomorrow we'll get the crowd-pleasing steel chair to the back of the head. :lol

I sure dont believe this crap. It's entertainment.....

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Chesapeake Silt said:

Umm did you read this thread...noone believed him,except one or two people.. It is mainly one big joke thread(great one at that), if you think he owned people, suprise you are the one owned....

Now back to the comedy-gold

Hollywood

Banned
Drinky has been drinking too much Nintendog urine. Just for this thread Nintendo should release Nintencats to destroy your precious PSP even more. :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
As bait, it's not really working very well. I think I've seen maybe one, two people take this seriously. Maybe as an observation on OTHER nintendo speculation the point of the thread is valid, but in and of itself, no one should be teasing "nintendo fans" tomorrow because of this thread. At least as it is now, imo.

Mugen

Banned
If this is a real joke thread then yes. Awesome. But this is nothing compared to the ownage that is Johnny Nightrain.

Hollywood

Banned
What actually would be funny is they all were owned and something did happen, even though none of them know jack shit. :lol

Dalamar86

"I looove chocolate, but I can't eat it because then I'll get FAT."

:lol :lol :lol

Honestly this is going to be hillarious. If their isnt a Thursdayton he can slap all of the beleivers around endlessly laughing his ass off. If his BS turns out to be right he can goad even more nintendrones into beleiving a new rumor he can make at some point and then have even more people to slap around.

So either way Drinky wins.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is almost as sad as the people that thought the first showing of Perfect Dark Zero was a fake so Rare could blow us away during the Microsoft conference. :lol

Well, this threads pretty much dead...

I'm torn. On one hand this thread was funny as hell. On the other hand I kind of wish the trolls wouldn't have jumped in and killed any believability that was there (although coming from Doug it still would have been a hard sell although the thread from yesterday was a decent set up). It could have been entertaining for a full day. Especially if it made the news on IGN like the Nintendo ON fake did.

I tried my angle and failed miserably. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom