• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
Im surprised this wasn't the swap option like TF1. Whats currently bound to the d-pad other than calling in your titan and pilot ability?

Like, it works fine in Destiny because shotty's and snipers (with slow gameplay) were fine to switch back and forth to find. In Titanfall 2 I want all the freedom you'd get with M+KB.

Then again, I never really used side-arms in the original so I don't know if I would be used to left on the d-pad either.

I just bind the controller button to a keyboard key and use that to get what I want when I play on PC.

Menitta

Whenever I try a new weapon

giphy.gif

Seriously, I've been using the alternator and R-201 so long, the game got boring. Switched to EPG and combined with the new patch, I'm back in.

Jesus christ
Im getting teamed up with complete idiots today. To add to that Im getting matched against phase shitting or a-wall stacks. Oh oh and to add to that wildly varying ping is fun too!

Like, I wouldn't be as pissed off if high TTK was in or if they hadn't added the dumbass stalker changes. Just. UGH.

I had to log off

The stalker change, like, why? It was such a small part of the game that is now possibly in the top half of annoyances.

And still nothing about the connection issues that happen after every patch.

Major problem I am seeing now since they nerfed amped weapons is that in PvP games there is like 90% smart pistol and pilot sentry usage. I have way more issue with those two boosts than I ever did amped weapons.

How would you know?

Amped weapons was b.s. I hate anything that affects damage/health like that.

But really, the whole Boost system is pretty b.s.

I still really think the boost system should have a sacrifice/cost. Everybody's getting mad meter anyway, so putting them at different intervals doesn't really make the weaker ones balanced against the stronger ones.

IMO, Boost should cost you Titan meter. Titans should act as the ultimate boost, but the boosts should set you back a certain amount.

This way, most boosts would be skipped over for faster Titans, but some scenarios could have some players pulling out a boost like Amped weapons or Battery (to back up teammates or chain together with other actions to feed yourself)

Arrrammis

How would you know?

I still really think the boost system should have a sacrifice/cost. Everybody's getting mad meter anyway, so putting them at different intervals doesn't really make the weaker ones balanced against the stronger ones.

IMO, Boost should cost you Titan meter. Titans should act as the ultimate boost, but the boosts should set you back a certain amount.

This way, most boosts would be skipped over for faster Titans, but some scenarios could have some players pulling out a boost like Amped weapons or Battery (to back up teammates or chain together with other actions to feed yourself)

I think that would be a pretty cool thing to try out! Make the cheaper boosts more useful and make people manage their meters a bit more.

grendelrt

How would you know?

Because I play basically every day and every pvp match I have played has had an huge increase in turrets and smart pistols lol. Tonight was the same but its OK, you just have to change with the times =O still hate the stalker change though ;)

Because I play basically every day and every pvp match I have played has had an huge increase in turrets and smart pistols lol. Tonight was the same but its OK, you just have to change with the times =O still hate the stalker change though ;)

But how would u know if u were getting kiled by amped weapons or not?

Dubz

With all its faults there is still no better mp game on console IMO. The gunplay and map traversal are both second to none.

Yeah the turrets are every where in PvP it's annoying and they need another nerf. Those things still track you from way to far and I have had the turrets melt me when trying to melee them. Smart pistol is the other popular boost for sure I have been using it myself because I haven't played with it much.

The timer for amped weapons aslo is kinda ugly and in the way if they keep this they should look into cleaning it up a bit and moving it.

Those of you with server problems what servers are you on? I usually play on NY and VA other than having higher ping in game than in the menu my games have been smooth. I do see a player or two skipping around in most matches which is frustrating. The servers for this game are definitely sub par compared to the first game.

grendelrt

But how would u know if u were getting kiled by amped weapons or not?

Blue trails on bullets and killcam you can see their crosshair is yellow instead of white.

Yeah the turrets are every where in PvP it's annoying and they need another nerf. Those things still track you from way to far and I have had the turrets melt me when trying to melee them. Smart pistol is the other popular boost for sure I have been using it myself because I haven't played with it much.

I am part of the problem now, i decided to use smart pistol last night (havent used it since like launch month or so) and went 5-1 k/d in PvP lol.

Anyone playing this on xbox?

I find that the netcode in the game is very unreliable. Like people often disappear and reappear while running (lagging), and yet my ping is 28-50 pretty much consistently.

Anyone else having these netcode problems on xbox or is it just me? And PS, none of my other games have issues.

wait they deal damage when killed lol what

anyway re-installed this after not playing since the glitch update. I still have yet to play on Relic and I'm currently on gen 2 and haven't gotten to Monarch yet. War Games seems ok but not as good as Colony, Angel City, Eden or Exoplanet imo. Weapon loadout change is a godsend.

Still disappointing the R-201 and Wingman Elite are the only new weapons instead of an actual brand new weapon.

excited for the increase in ttk and melee changes though

Also not having regenerating shields on by default makes titan brawl kinda silly. No matter how good you are you're gonna die at least a few times a match.

also did Legion get a buff or something? I see him so much more now, especially in Titan Brawl.

I would too, but reducing their health is a great change as well, they were way too hard to kill before, at least they listened :)

Its an issue they created with an unnecessary change lol just like many of the game's problems, they were solved in TF1.

wait they deal damage when killed lol what

anyway re-installed this after not playing since the glitch update. I still have yet to play on Relic and I'm currently on gen 2 and haven't gotten to Monarch yet. War Games seems ok but not as good as Colony, Angel City, Eden or Exoplanet imo. Weapon loadout change is a godsend.

Still disappointing the R-201 and Wingman Elite are the only new weapons instead of an actual brand new weapon.

excited for the increase in ttk and melee changes though

Also not having regenerating shields on by default makes titan brawl kinda silly. No matter how good you are you're gonna die at least a few times a match.

It was a change introduced with the latest update. They could always deal damage by exploding if people didn't finish the job (you see them glowing). But now if you step on them while in a Titan they deal significant damage.

R101 is just a reskin lol Wingman Elite is the only weapon that has different stats then its base version.

Legion has come up recently due to Monarch. He's the only one that can deal with one without much hassle.

It was a change introduced with the latest update. They could always deal damage by exploding if people didn't finish the job (you see them glowing). But now if you step on them while in a Titan they deal significant damage.

R101 is just a reskin lol Wingman Elite is the only weapon that has different stats then its base version.

Legion has come up recently due to Monarch. He's the only one that can deal with one without much hassle.
Yeah that's what I meant, the "new weapons" are just reskins, even the wingman elite is functionally the same weapon just with less depth perception and more accuracy and range. Hell if anything I wish they didn't exist at all because they just muddy up the sandbox/loadout screen/stats.

thanks for the info for the other stuff though

Yeah that's what I meant, the "new weapons" are just reskins, even the wingman elite is functionally the same weapon just with less depth perception and more accuracy and range. Hell if anything I wish they didn't exist at all because they just muddy up the sandbox/loadout screen/stats.

Wingman elite performs totally different it's not hit scan like the wingman and has one shot headshots.

Well the Wingman Elite is a projectile weapon compared to the base version's hitscan. Along with match trigger it at least justifies itself existing

VeeP

Rayme

Please fix lag
Remove Stalker damage
Nerf Phase Shift
Hit the go button for High TTK

Thanks

Last two are happening with the next update probably, no?

Stalker damage is whatever, I would prefer it to be gone tho.

Lag is a problem for me. I don't know why, it use to be so smooth earlier this year :/. Hopefully Respawn can fix that.

Loving the updates btw.

Last two are happening with the next update probably, no?

Stalker damage is whatever, I would prefer it to be gone tho.

Lag is a problem for me. I don't know why, it use to be so smooth earlier this year :/. Hopefully Respawn can fix that.

Loving the updates btw.

Phase Shift nerf is pretty much a guarantee but high TTK is still being discussed or whatever. I was expecting it with War Games, but now I'm not so sure of its future.

Wife is taking our infant son to visit the mother in law tomorrow.... Which means uninterrupted Titanfall for dad.

Hoping to see some gaffers on PS4 tomorrow afternoon (PST).

PSN: crashburn85

JoeLT

I thought this too till I saw someone playing as Monarch go 15-1 on my team in Titan Brawl. Blew my mind.

Any news on what aim assist changes they're making? The aiming is absolutely perfect in this game I have no idea why they would change it. Has there been any complaints about this at all?
Of all the changes I jsut want them to remove the red outlines around pilots and bring back Hardpoint.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Bought it in the Xbox Sale for 20€.

Edit: You'd think that there would be some special multiplayer customization stuff for owners of the original game...nope...

grendelrt

I thought this too till I saw someone playing as Monarch go 15-1 on my team in Titan Brawl. Blew my mind.

Any news on what aim assist changes they're making? The aiming is absolutely perfect in this game I have no idea why they would change it. Has there been any complaints about this at all?
Of all the changes I jsut want them to remove the red outlines around pilots and bring back Hardpoint.
You kind inadvertently proving his point, monarch can regen shields so him lasting better than everyone else.... Lol

Top Bottom