• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I think Map Hack should a. only work for the player using the boost, as opposed to their whole team and b. should work like Radar Pulse in the first where it updates you on the location of other players every couple seconds instead of being a full on wallhack.

I have to say, Legion is not such a big issue for me. As Ion, I can throw his own bullets back at him all day, and as Ronin I just get behind him and mess him up.

Now Tone is the real pain in the ass, but I'm not confident in calling her OP yet...just extremely annoying with the particle wall and the missiles.

Gilby

Serious question for you, what was the last game to even have this? Let alone a online MP shooter?

COD. Every single year.

My roommate and I are stuck playing it just because nothing else is released with it these days :/

edit: Apparently Battleborn has this? I have no desire to play that but I may get it just for this reason. I'm so sick of BLOPS3.

Yup, in addition to shooting Legion's feet you can shoot over his left shoulder as the back of the chassis sticks out. Unless of course they're hugging a corner that covers it, but the feet are still a viable option.

Rayme

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK is going on with these servers. I've had this screen the last 3 times I've logged on to try and play online, its driving me fucking insane

d47bc5fc82.jpg

There is some sort of bug (Win10 only?) where the wrong network device is sometimes being used. It''s being worked on, but in the meantime the fix is to disable all other network devices (so if you have wireless and wired, disable whichever you're not using, etc).

Sucks that we never saw it here, in our own QA, or in EA's QA.

dankir

COD. Every single year.

My roommate and I are stuck playing it just because nothing else is released with it these days :/

edit: Apparently Battleborn has this? I have no desire to play that but I may get it just for this reason. I'm so sick of BLOPS3.

Ah had no idea, last COD game I played was MW2 but never touched the MP.

Toa TAK

Banned
There is some sort of bug (Win10 only?) where the wrong network device is sometimes being used. It''s being worked on, but in the meantime the fix is to disable all other network devices (so if you have wireless and wired, disable whichever you're not using, etc).

What's the secret to getting the "...Becomes the Master" achievement?

Do I need to make a sacrifice?

Bizazedo

People not liking one map equates to the 'honeymoon phase' wearing off? Legion is easy to counter, don't know what you're complaining about there and the maps have plenty of verticality and interior cover for soldiers flanking titans.

It's way more than one map.

The beta maps weren't liked. That's 3. Complex and Crash Site are worse.

That's like, what, half the maps are terrible?

Also I seem to get Crash Site all the time which makes flanking Legion ever so fun.

I've been saying that the 3 lane map design isn't the best for this game. It's the reason camping is so effective in this game.

Honestly, yes. The maps are what's hurting the most. Legion is probably more a-okay on better maps.

Animator

We have a gaffer from respawn here right?

If you are reading can you please let the tech team know something might be wrong with map rotation on attrition/bounty. Literally haven't played another map other than Homestead/crash site/and that dome one in like 5 hours I played today. Every time we back out and log in it is one of those maps again. It doesn't help that those are the worst maps in the game :(

RMI

Banned
I've seen the light:

Bounty Hunt is amazing

Suffer in hell, Attrition

YUP bounty hunt is the shit!

So I have been playing Ronin almost exclusively and I don't think he's bad at all. Almost always get to pick my engagements. Just wish his melee were a little stronger. Even with sword core on I don't think it does enough.

Vipu

Banned
I'll admit, I felt like this a little bit when I was playing M+KB, but when I switched to my DS4 it suddenly clicked. I'm curious to see if that means I'm going to get crushed once I start playing MP though.

I agree that default buttons on kb are bit weird imo.
Took some time and trying to get it just right for myself, now its easy and nice to play.

EL CUCO

I wish there was a data server closer to S. Florida than Virginia. Pinging anywhere between 60-70 atm. In Blops 3 I was hanging around 20 (TF2 still feels better tho)

I wish there was a data server closer to S. Florida than Virginia. Pinging anywhere between 60-70 atm. In Blops 3 I was hanging around 20 (TF2 still feels better tho)

On the same server here in central Florida. Ping is generally around 60. Haven't really experienced any lag, though. Very rarely I'll see a player with stuttery movement, but that's about it.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.

On the same server here in central Florida. Ping is generally around 60. Haven't really experienced any lag, though. Very rarely I'll see a player with stuttery movement, but that's about it.

Same FL bros, same.

Sullichin

Thanks for the workaround, this happened a couple of times to me too.

On Windows 10. But strangely I don't have any other network interface other than my wired ethernet, if that's helpful.

Sou Da

They're worth like 1 point a kill.

Reapers and spectres are worth a lot, I've effectively farmed them in every single attrition game and I've seen Frothy do the same.

Cobalt is either talking outta his ass or things work differently on console.

Izuna

Banned
Wait, what?

So it is TDM with AI as an extra special guest star?

Pretty much. Their spawns aren't varied and it's hard to find the opportunity to feed of them without being in a battle with the other team. Minion kills make up a small portion of the score here (with the majority being the Reapers which are in the middle of the action).

Reapers and spectres are worth a lot, I've effectively farmed them in every single attrition game and I've seen Frothy do the same.

Cobalt is either talking outta his ass or things work differently on console.

Spectres are worth 1, swear.

Bad7667

It's way more than one map.

The beta maps weren't liked. That's 3. Complex and Crash Site are worse.

That's like, what, half the maps are terrible?

Also I seem to get Crash Site all the time which makes flanking Legion ever so fun.

Honestly, yes. The maps are what's hurting the most. Legion is probably more a-okay on better maps.

100% agree. The maps in a shooter are one of the most important aspects and it's so disappointing to me on how many of them I dislike.

Unfortunately its also one area that can't be fixed until new maps come out. Really wish they had included some of the original maps. They were easily some of the best multiplayer maps I've played.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
COD. Every single year.

You should get it. Split screen competitive MP and co-op for the games raids. Its an awesome game.

I always see 45-65 ping for my matches, but have experienced some bad lag and stuttering and warping all the same. So I don't quite trust the meter.

Luckily that's happened only rarely (maybe than 10% of the time).

And to agree with the above, Specters are worth 1 point, and Reapers are worth 5. Love that I can one shot Reapers with Ion's shoulder laser.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm starting to think that Phase is useless. Thanks to the netcode that favors the shooter you're dead even after you're in Phase. Three times in one match I'm in the other dimension and die to titan.

Started earning gun camos so much quicker once I realized you can headshot any enemy to get the headshot camos.

I'm starting to think that Phase is useless. Thanks to the netcode that favors the shooter you're dead even after you're in Phase. Three times in one match I'm in the other dimension and die to titan.

It's useful for avoiding grenades at the least.

Jito

Banned
So based on the map design in TF2, how will Angel City transfer over? Are they just going to cut all the large areas from around the outside of the map?

Jack John

Sitting on the fence about what platform to pick this up for. My computer can definitely run it at 60fps 1440p but are the graphics really that much better than on PS4? I feel like the solid user base on PS4 just makes that the way to go. Help would be appreciated!

Rayme

So based on the map design in TF2, how will Angel City transfer over? Are they just going to cut all the large areas from around the outside of the map?

WOULD YOU CUT OFF SECTIONS OF THE MONA LISA??!?

Real question is what changes from all the new traversal options and abilities (etc). But the geo itself, the layout and all, is what you know and/or love.

grmlin

Boy, this game needs some serious balancing patches.

I really enjoy it but you have so many steamrolls because of balancing, I hope they'll address that in the upcoming patches.

B00TE

WOULD YOU CUT OFF SECTIONS OF THE MONA LISA??!?

Real question is what changes from all the new traversal options and abilities (etc). But the geo itself, the layout and all, is what you know and/or love.

omg

Can't fuckin' waaaaaaaait.

Sou Da

I still want a documentary on how Coli got in the game, it feels like such a product of someone wanting to fuck around.

^It's pretty easy to kill them as a pilot too, just quickly Firestar. It's worth it.

Dynasty8

Attrition *is* Titanfall for me. Can't get enough and have zero interest in the other modes.

Same here.

Beta made me not want to get this game because of Bounty Hunt. I still don't like the mode.

Attrition is a large part of what made the original Titanfall such a big hit in the first place. Different types of friendly and enemy AIs, more available Titans, simple scoring model, and quick, fun matches. You FELT like you were in a massive battle. Bounty Hunt makes me feel like I'm playing Call of Duty...and I don't like that.

Top Bottom