• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Keihart

In this case I think it would be more balanced if Ronin's melee did a lot more damage. He's just way under-powered right now. If I have to expose myself with my low health to attack, I better be able to rip people apart when I get there.

Yeah, sword is weak unless electrified. The big advantage Ronin has is his movement options and sword block. You can basically absorb damage all day as long as it is in front of you.

While the right stick usually does nothing on the menus of most games. On this game, it allows you to move across menu items, but only on the network portion of the menu. That's really weird in my opinion, not that it matters but I always find those kind of idiosyncrasies interesting.

Reminds me of how Wolfenstein's menu has negative edging (it records the input once when you press it, and then again when you release it, so if you press and hold X, it registers two, not one input, once when pressed and once when released).

Bizazedo

Glad the honeymoon phase is wearing off. Some of you were making me think I was alone.

I don't understand the thought process behind the maps (why they'd think these were better) or Legion.

Izuna

Banned
While the right stick usually does nothing on the menus of most games. On this game, it allows you to move across menu items, but only on the network portion of the menu. That's really weird in my opinion, not that it matters but I always find those kind of idiosyncrasies interesting.

Reminds me of how Wolfenstein's menu has negative edging (it records the input once when you press it, and then again when you release it, so if you press and hold X, you press X, then X again when released).

I noticed this too. But I had no intention to ever post about it lmao

It did remind me of PSO a little bit

Ok seriously, am I the only one who is getting a repeated glitch where the audio suddenly becomes muffled and quiet and when this happens the graphics sometimes appear to stop loading in completely, its really bizarre and annoying. Xbox one btw.

RedFury

Ok seriously, am I the only one who is getting a repeated glitch where the audio suddenly becomes muffled and quiet and when this happens the graphics sometimes appear to stop loading in completely, its really bizarre and annoying. Xbox one btw.
No, I get the audio bug (ps4). No graphical issues however.

Zemm

The multiplayer is kind of overwhelming at first with all the options and mechanics you need to learn, but my word, once you understand how things work the game is insanely good.

As a full package (SP & MP) I haven't seen anything as good for a long time. I think Overwatch's multiplayer is about as good as TF2 but it obviously has no singleplayer.

Welp, bad news for Steve Fukuda, but Titanfall 2 multiplayer is just as exhausting as the first game, in similar and (unfortunately) different ways.

Dunno how far down the pipeline y'all are on the DLC maps, but if any Respawn guys read this, a little more of that Swiss-cheese, wall-hopping, super vertical map design would be hugely appreciated.

For now, I'm all too often left wondering "why should I wallrun off of that," "why can't I wallrun on that" or "what would I hop from that to."

Glass cannon Titans are what they are, but I feel like some better maps would be a huge benefit to the game. The fewer like Crash Site or Complex, the better.

Don't get me wrong! I'm having a great time with this game, more or less. But the map ethos pales to the first game.

Welp, bad news for Steve Fukuda, but Titanfall 2 multiplayer is just as exhausting as the first game, in similar and (unfortunately) different ways.

Dunno how far down the pipeline y'all are on the DLC maps, but if any Respawn guys read this, a little more of that Swiss-cheese, wall-hopping, super vertical map design would be hugely appreciated.

For now, I'm all too often left wondering "why should I wallrun off of that," "why can't I wallrun on that" or "what would I hop from that to."

Glass cannon Titans are what they are, but I feel like some better maps would be a huge benefit to the game. The fewer like Crash Site or Complex, the better.

Don't get me wrong! I'm having a great time with this game, more or less. But the map ethos pales to the first game.

I gotta agree with you here. I want more Angle City and less Crash Site. Ditch the 3 lane CoD style and give us some more "out there" complex maps that dont funnel us into narrow hallways in Titans.

Glad the honeymoon phase is wearing off. Some of you were making me think I was alone.

I don't understand the thought process behind the maps (why they'd think these were better) or Legion.

People not liking one map equates to the 'honeymoon phase' wearing off? Legion is easy to counter, don't know what you're complaining about there and the maps have plenty of verticality and interior cover for soldiers flanking titans.

First time in the thread, just finished the first
boss
theyre....they're totally taking inspiration from
star fox
with these Titan fights aren't they? Holy shit.

Jarrod38

7aHrYb5.gif

k8lYkTi.gif

Legion has a major problem with being flanked. Due to the nature of his minigun, he's going to be hunkered down and covering a lane more often than not. Blindsiding him can be fatal, given his slow turn speed when aiming, and minigun spin up time. He'll also be at a disadvantage if you can close distance when he's still on long range mode. Main thing is to avoid approaching him head-on unless you have something to even the odds, like a core or Tone's shield.

E92 M3

I've been saying that the 3 lane map design isn't the best for this game. It's the reason camping is so effective in this game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Legion has a major problem with being flanked. Due to the nature of his minigun, he's going to be hunkered down and covering a lane more often than not. Blindsiding him can be fatal, given his slow turn speed when aiming, and minigun spin up time. He'll also be at a disadvantage if you can close distance when he's still on long range mode. Main thing is to avoid approaching him head-on unless you have something to even the odds, like a core or Tone's shield.

Which makes maps like Crash Site and Complex even more frustrating since the hallways get easily locked down by a legion and take forever to flank around.

But the thing is, most of the maps are all lane.

I agree with the general consensus that the maps are pretty mediocre on average. Only major failing aside from a few balance issues.

So bought the game on a whim today.
Just "felt like it". :D
I loved TF1 (PC) and hope this one will be alive for a long time on PC.

Any EU-timezone GAF folks?

I really wish strafing was faster... As soon as you start aiming down the sights your momentum dies. At least should have it as a perk ):

Also just going to say that Eden is the best map.

I believe some weapons do have it as a perk

I've been trying to drop my Titan on an enemy Titan every day with no success. So awesome to see it happen.

I did it by accident. Felt amazing lol

Raptor

It may very well be me that I suck but ION is weak as all fuck, whenever I use a Titan or someone rodeo me or I get exploded almost instantly with other titans.

It may very well be me that I suck but ION is weak as all fuck, whenever I use a Titan or someone rodeo me or I get exploded almost instantly with other titans.

Ion's laser shot is amazing. It's one of the few hitscan titan weapons, and it hurts pretty bad (especially crits). Being able to shoot two back to back is great, as is using it for long range. Splitter Rifle alt fire also melts pilots. But yeah, Ion is a bit lacking in a head-to-head close-mid range fight.

Just the other variant of hell where everyone is camping on ledges with radar pings and map hacks so you get gunned down for trying to actually use movement.

Still waiting on that Attrition and Bounty Hunt playlist with only Eden, Canal, Drydock, Exoplanet and maybe Boomtown

You need to bait them with his shield, or stick at range, he isn't great at head on fights unless you can consistently throw their stuff back at em. Like with Legion, he's the best counter. Since you can still dash with your shield up and legion is stuck in his firing position you can easily get behind his shield and kill him with his own ammo. As soon as you see rodeo indication use your countermeasures. The laser rifle is devastating at full charge, so bait people into wasting their shields, if any, and let that off when it drops, or flank them. It hits hard.

Raptor

Ion's laser shot is amazing. It's one of the few hitscan titan weapons, and it hurts pretty bad (especially crits). Being able to shoot two back to back is great, as is using it for long range. Splitter Rifle alt fire also melts pilots. But yeah, Ion is a bit lacking in a head-to-head close-mid range fight.

Still waiting on that Attrition and Bounty Hunt playlist with only Eden, Canal, Drydock, Exoplanet and maybe Boomtown

You need to bait them with his shield, or stick at range, he isn't great at head on fights unless you can consistently throw their stuff back at em. Like with Legion, he's the best counter. Since you can still dash with your shield up and legion is stuck in his firing position you can easily get behind his shield and kill him with his own ammo. As soon as you see rodeo indication use your countermeasures. The laser rifle is devastating at full charge, so bait people into wasting their shields, if any, and let that off when it drops, or flank them. It hits hard.

I want to get good with him so I will stick trying to improve.

Cheers for the tips.

Anyone else on PS4 experiencing, like, 7 second gaps between selecting gun camos and the menu coming up? The game works great for me everywhere else, but it hangs like a motherfucker every time I try to select camos. Doesn't happen with titans or players, either, just their guns. It's probably something to do with the models changing pose, but it shouldn't take 7 full seconds to do that.

Nbz

Seriously WHAT THE FUCK is going on with these servers. I've had this screen the last 3 times I've logged on to try and play online, its driving me fucking insane

d47bc5fc82.jpg

Just bought on PC. Had a blast with the first one so here's hoping the Player base doesn't dry up as fast.

Can't decide if I'm gonna use an Xbox one controller with the aim assist or a steam controller

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Servers have been shit for me all day.

Have had multiple disconnects in the middle of games.

dankir

Anyone else on PS4 experiencing, like, 7 second gaps between selecting gun camos and the menu coming up? The game works great for me everywhere else, but it hangs like a motherfucker every time I try to select camos. Doesn't happen with titans or players, either, just their guns. It's probably something to do with the models changing pose, but it shouldn't take 7 full seconds to do that.

Not 7 seconds, but definitely longer than Titan nose art, camo, etc.

Everybody is saying Legion is OP but his shield doesn't cover his entire body, I play Tone and I just shoot at his feet, the splash damage counts towards the salvo rocket lock ons. You probably shouldn't be attacking him head on anways if the minigun is winding up/firing away.

Waaghals

Have been playing a few matches of attrition, but I don't know where the AI spawn, so I have trouble farming them.

By the way, is there any point whatsoever to choose the run n' gun kit?

Izuna

Banned
Have been playing a few matches of attrition, but I don't know where the AI spawn, so I have trouble farming them.

By the way, is there any point whatsoever to choose the run n' gun kit?

You can't farm minions in Attrition anymore ;( not that kinda mode anymore

Woo-Fu

Banned
Last Titan Standing, CTF or Hardpoint force you to take your Ronin and get into offensive or defensive confrontations.

Uh, not true at all about Hardpoint. You don't even need to get into a Titan to win and quite often your team does better if you spend as little time possible in Titans. Usually only one point on a map can be completely dominated by Titans.

The only really important thing for a Titan in Hardpoint, IMHO, is how well it is at killing enemy pilots while on auto-titan.

Since release my Tone on auto-titan has killed exactly one pilot and that was a roadkill, lol. Have to try it with it upgraded, see how well it uses pulse.

Izuna

Banned
does the game not save until you finish a mission or what?

it saves at checkpoints -- they're plentiful later on

early area, i had the same problem you must be having, where you got to BT and quit, and had to do it all again haha

RedFury

Not 7 seconds, but definitely longer than Titan nose art, camo, etc.

Everybody is saying Legion is OP but his shield doesn't cover his entire body, I play Tone and I just shoot at his feet, the splash damage counts towards the salvo rocket lock ons. You probably shouldn't be attacking him head on anways if the minigun is winding up/firing away.
Thats what I find so dumb. People complain about Tone and Legion but Scorch and Ion hard counter them. You guys are complaining but won't change your strategy to take it out. Your upset because YOUR strategy(titan choice) doesn't work against theirs. If you want to keep them honest do something about it. I've absolutely destroyed teams of tones/legions in LTS with scorch. Next rounds the whole team composition is now counter to me (northstar, ions, etc).
Tldr: Keep them honest. Also 20% return damage on vortex shield was made for "them".

kobu

it saves at checkpoints -- they're plentiful later on

early area, i had the same problem you must be having, where you got to BT and quit, and had to do it all again haha

just great even the slightest loss of progress annoys the hell out of me especially when cut scenes that you can't skip are involved.

Top Bottom