• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Xater

Please release paid DLC or something. This game is so damn good and it deserves more maps and more gameplay balancing. I'd happily pay for more, it's a phenomenal foundation.

They are doing maps for free. The question is just when and how many.

LTS in this game is amazing.

A round of the easy Ion life on the PS4 version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1TOrNzTEOg

Vortex Shield is so good against Legion. Sure he could just not shoot, but then he's stuck having to spin up again. If he does his power shot you can see it charging and if you're quick you'll catch it in the Vortex. Best case scenario for him there would be to eat a few Splitter rounds and a Laser Shot poke or two while our Ronins flanked. And then he's kind of shit creek anyway if he turns away from me.

A super sweaty round on Xbox with my homies: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/23182608

One of our guys lost connection at 2-2, so we were playing 4v5. We managed to get up 3-2, then they came back strong with a Ronin rush down mid while Legion slow-pushed left and a Northstar set up uncontested on the far right of our spawn. I'd been living the Ion life and trying to counter Legion the whole match but the Ronins got in so fast and started messing us up as the Legion rolled in for uncontested mop-ups. Got absolutely slaughtered.

So for the final round I swapped out for Tone as a counter pick.
I try to slow down their pushes as best as I can down left and mid and happen to get a Salvo Core just in time to save Post who is getting sword cored by their beast Ronin player. I abandon the left side where I had been slowing the other Ronin and their Legion for a while and catch their Northstar who got up into his aggressive position off guard and wreck him. Knowing the Legion probably finally got through the left lane I go steal their respawned battery while trying to convince Gadzuki to slow down as it's now 2-2, though we're not sure who has the health advantage if to goes to time.

Their Ronin with full health runs into our lone Ronin so I pop my Salvo Core trying to make sure they trade at worse, but their Ronin gets the "feels bad man" moment of phasing into ours and thus dying. Ouch. At which point sad Legion needs to push back through the left lane and take one of us out to at least have a chance, but is short on time. I'm happy to discourage any attempts by poking at him with 40mm, and teabag out the remaining few seconds for a very hard-fought victory.

Alx

Just a random thought, the third person execution animations are definitely cool, but they can be confusing too. Yesterday I had a Ronin Vs Ronin sword fight (probably strategically stupid, but so fun), and when the animation started, I was thinking "aw I got slaughtered again, that was close... wait, I'm still alive ? Oh so the Ronin doing the execution was me !"

I'm terrible with Ronin btw. I thought the phase shift would be a decent tool to nag and evade opponents, but since you have only one charge it's not that reliable. Also I'm pretty sure I killed myself by reappearing inside another Titan. :(

Which one are you using?

Ion at the moment. Tried scorch and did even worse so switched back again lol.

I know I will get use to it in time, just feel useless at the moment. Don't feel like I'm doing a whole a lot across the board really. Find something like Control etc in Destiny is much more straight forward(what I am use to).

EDIT: I should add getting a Hardpoint match in Australia is tough with the current player count. So I am playing attrition and bounty hunt.

How important are the AI enemies? Not sure if I should just ignore them instead of painting myself on the radar by killing them.

Jito

Banned
Really not accomplishing anything when it comes to using my Titan. I get it, I get in it, I don't really get a whole lot done then it just gets blown up.

Repeat.

How are you using your Titan? It may seem like a indestructible tank but it's not when everyone else has one as well. Don't go wading right into fights and trying to out damage other Titans. Use cover, your defensive Titan abilities and dash to keep out of harms way, don't just plow into people with it.

nOoblet16

Can we take a moment to talk about how incredibly fast the loading is in this game's multiplayer ?

I don't think I've played a game that pits you into a game this fast after finding matches, must take like 3 seconds to load then 20 seconds for the initial intro sequence.

Risette

A Good Citizen
tried to step out of my comfort zone and try attrition and bounty hunt tonight

still not fond of bounty hunt but I'm finally feeling attrition. AI enemies aren't the most satisfying to kill but it does feel good to rack up points for your team and build up the titan meter with them. Had a bunch of great games in it tonight.

Izuna

Banned
How did they nerf Legion?

Either lower damage across the board, or more damage dropoff

I think it's the latter

That's basically it.

I also noticed long-range takes up more ammo (shoot for less time) but I don't know if this is how it used to be. Killing Pilots is a little harder, they should be able to notice at mid-long range and get out the way of Smart Core

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Either lower damage across the board, or more damage dropoff

I think it's the latter

That's basically it.

I also noticed long-range takes up more ammo (shoot for less time) but I don't know if this is how it used to be. Killing Pilots is a little harder, they should be able to notice at mid-long range and get out the way of Smart Core
I feel like they should have went the other way - keep the damage, but lose the shield entirely (or maybe have it be weaker/cool down longer). I guess now Tone ends up being the Titan with the damage and protection to keep it alive.

Can we take a moment to talk about how incredibly fast the loading is in this game's multiplayer ?

I don't think I've played a game that pits you into a game this fast after finding matches, must take like 3 seconds to load then 20 seconds for the initial intro sequence.

Yeah it's super fast. It's one of the things I love about this game. I can hop in, play a few matches and jump out.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Well I regenerated my pilot and I feel like I am already burned out on the game. I actually don't like how I never feel like my set up I fell into has to ever be changed. In other games I switch my load out way more depending on the map or mode and that keeps things fresh.

Also already getting sick of these maps. I do t think they launched with enough and there are a couple of stinkers like Homestead and Complex.

At least I warmed up to some of the gameplay changes. Mostly because the shooting and movement still feel so good. The map hack meta sucks though.

I have a few builds where I test the different guns and Tacticals with each other. I have an Anti-Titan build, one for hook, etc.

The guns are kinda neat in the sense that most of them are viable. My stats take a hit but it's fine since I have a lot more fun checking out which ones I can actually do well with. I mean, I can continue using the Alternator or the R201 AR to make sure I always get a high score, but for some reason, it doesn't appeal to me that much (at least for now). This is a stark contrast to how I normally play MP since I usually pick what weapon I'm comfortable with and stick with it (Kuda for BO3, etc.)

For sure - and for what it's worth, I think the SP stuff is fantastic, so my bitching aside I think the game's overall response is proof enough that you guys made the right call overall. Given this game's DLC model I'm looking forward to seeing how the post-launch maps grow.

Yep, agreed. I mean the SP is fantastic and waiting for a few more maps is a nice trade off.

Respawn being praised by intentionally vague patch notes.

Clearly in peak honeymoon phase.

I think it's not that entirely. I mean, Respawn has a point. Number crunching has a certain placebo effect for some, and at least this way, they can pinpoint just what the issues are specifically without someone blaming it on "it's because you dropped damage of X weapon by X number!!1" or something similar.

If it doesn't work, maybe they'll release actual details. :)

nOoblet16

Unless you want to play LTS or an 8v8 mode... in which case, queues forever. lol
I was more taking about the loading that matchmaking, which is something that can be variable.

Once you find a match though it takes literally just 3 seconds to be in a match followed by a 10 second intro.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah I dunno about Tone doing well against Legion now.

LTS obviously has an entirely different meta, but in the TDM type games... Tone needs a strong Ion to beat her.

Ion at the moment. Tried scorch and did even worse so switched back again lol.

I know I will get use to it in time, just feel useless at the moment. Don't feel like I'm doing a whole a lot across the board really. Find something like Control etc in Destiny is much more straight forward(what I am use to).

EDIT: I should add getting a Hardpoint match in Australia is tough with the current player count. So I am playing attrition and bounty hunt.

How important are the AI enemies? Not sure if I should just ignore them instead of painting myself on the radar by killing them.
Try and get Tone it is to best all rounder, how do you play Destiny, do you like to play at range or shotgun run and gun?

The best thing to do is try not to just stand and take damage use the movement and abilities to hit and move. Use the extra dash, know that legion will shred you so flank. Use team mates titans as protection, staying together will keep you alive much longer then being on your own.

I've never really played online games aside from Destiny, so I honestly wasn't expecting to like this but I'm only on the tutorial gauntlet (lol) and I think this game may be pretty awesome...

I'm just trying to follow the ghost guy that got 37 seconds on it and wow it's not easy. My best time is like 53 seconds so far. It's a great way to learn the mechanics though.

Anyway I just wanted to say that the sliding is fucking awesome and the wall running seems like it's going to be a game changer too once I get it down. Oh and the melee feels damn good too. I think they really nailed some of these mechanics. It's much more fun so far than I would have expected.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also

who is it gonna kill if the extraction was more defendable? I don't mean giving the ship more hp or whatever . I mean not having only one way to shoot out of it.

In Stoic gold the stim pilot looks like she's wearing a bee outfit.

CwcrwRyWQAMBGH5.jpg

I've never really played online games aside from Destiny, so I honestly wasn't expecting to like this but I'm only on the tutorial gauntlet (lol) and I think this game may be pretty awesome...

I'm just trying to follow the ghost guy that got 37 seconds on it and wow it's not easy. My best time is like 53 seconds so far. It's a great way to learn the mechanics though.

Anyway I just wanted to say that the sliding is fucking awesome and the wall running seems like it's going to be a game changer too once I get it down. Oh and the melee feels damn good too. I think they really nailed some of these mechanics. It's much more fun so far than I would have expected.

It's good to come back and do that at the end of the game when you're more comfortable with the movement systems.

Here's my 33 second run for reference if it helps though

https://twitter.com/ChronoJoe/status/792827827104153600

aravuus

In Stoic gold the stim pilot looks like he's wearing a bee outfit.

CwcrwRyWQAMBGH5.jpg

One more reason to use stim. How did you unlock this?

e: pilot regen apparently, or so the menu tells me. I've got a long way to go then, the game's so hectic I can really stomach only a couple of matches in succession before I have to take a break lol, so I've been playing 30-40 minutes daily.

What happens if you jump in the enemy extraction? I noticed that you can get in there, but will it take you away with them if your on board when it leaves?

One more reason to use stim. How did you unlock this?

You get it after the first regeneration. :)

I've been running around dressed as a bee trying to snap necks and force people to see my bee themed colour scheme for the last couple of days, haha.

I also think the volt is a good fit for the aesthetic and theme.

Try and get Tone it is to best all rounder, how do you play Destiny, do you like to play at range or shotgun run and gun?

The best thing to do is try not to just stand and take damage use the movement and abilities to hit and move. Use the extra dash, know that legion will shred you so flank. Use team mates titans as protection, staying together will keep you alive much longer then being on your own.

Ranged. Pulse+Sniper in Destiny, even post nerfs. Can't shotgun for shit.

I will try pay more attention to sticking with other friendly Titan's. As for general pilot game play, guess I just need to keep playing and improve that way.

aravuus

Oh man, shooting enemy pilots with ion's laser is too fucking fun.

Matches become so fun for a minute or two whenever I'm the first to get a titan. Just pew pew pew dead pilots everywhere.

For those who have played the campaign is the game worth picking up just for that ?

I originally passed on it due to its short length but all the positive reviews have made me want to try it

Ok had a pretty good and satisfying match of attrition just then. 103 points and 7 merits.

I only just noticed if you press start it shows you 3 challenges for that match. Twice in a row it was 3 pilots without dying, complete match, win match. Do they change at all?

FeD.nL

Ok had a pretty good and satisfying match of attrition just then. 103 points and 7 merits.

I only just noticed if you press start it shows you 3 challenges for that match. Twice in a row it was 3 pilots without dying, complete match, win match. Do they change at all?

No the challenges remain the same as far as I´ve noticed.

Cheddahz

Banned
Man, wish more people playing bounty hunt would actually make an attempt to unload their payout (though we did end up winning the match, so...)

Screenshot-Original.png

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Noticed my Titan execution hasn't worked a few times.

Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong?

I've had this as well, definitely in doomed state...punch hits.....nada execution.

I've only done a handful of executions now that I think about it, and I go for them a lot - it could be immune to them if they are running stealth eject though, would have to ask the devs.

KodaRuss

Tone felt kinda the same but maybe less damage overall? I felt like I had a tough time hitting Titans from distancw but that may have just been my shitty aim?

RMI

Banned
Did they nerf Legion then? Just tried him for the first time now and wasn't impressed. I'm still having the most fun with Ronin.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Where can I check on the player numbers for different platforms? I might cave and get this today, just debating between PC and PS4.

Edit: I see I'm not the only one caught between the two

They change based on gametype.

Ethelwulf

Did they nerf Legion then? Just tried him for the first time now and wasn't impressed. I'm still having the most fun with Ronin.

Well their latest tweet suggest they're probably nerfing both legion and tone. Good news. I do think these to are overused. Also, northstar getting damage boost!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
a-wall sucks. what a dumb ability for a game where the enemy is constantly flanking you from all positions

Use it to take out Titans since their projectiles can't penetrate it. Use it with Charge Cannon and watch them melt. :) I use it mostly in Complex and other tight maps.

Where can I check on the player numbers for different platforms? I might cave and get this today, just debating between PC and PS4.

Edit: I see I'm not the only one caught between the two

PS4 for player population if you're concerned. There's about 21K on PS4 now and I gather, it'll be at 30-35K at least once it's late. Weekdays, there's usually 20K people playing so you won't have issues finding games at all (at least I never have).

The "Prestige" system is perfect in this game. Love buying what I want to keep.

Yep, same. The progression system is nicely done. There's a vibe of "one more match" since it shows that you just need X amount of merits to unlock. Mind, the unlocks themselves are just camos, patches, banners, etc. but it's nice working towards something. xD

Top Bottom