• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Strider

The "Prestige" system is perfect in this game. Love buying what I want to keep.

Agreed.

I generally avoid prestiging in games like this because I like having everything I want unlocked and carrying over just one item just doesn't do it for me (one item seems to be the norm).

Here I can keep all of my favorite loadouts so I prestiged without even thinking about any downsides

E92 M3

Use it to take out Titans since their projectiles can't penetrate it. Use it with Charge Cannon and watch them melt. :) I use it mostly in Complex and other tight maps.

PS4 for player population if you're concerned. There's about 21K on PS4 now and I gather, it'll be at 30-35K at least once it's late. Weekdays, there's usually 20K people playing so you won't have issues finding games at all (at least I never have).

Yep, same. The progression system is nicely done. There's a vibe of "one more match" since it shows that you just need X amount of merits to unlock. Mind, the unlocks themselves are just camos, patches, banners, etc. but it's nice working towards something. xD

One more match....for 10 hours hahaha

Agreed.

I generally avoid prestiging in games like this because I like having everything I want unlocked and carrying over just one item just doesn't do it for me (one item seems to be the norm).

Here I can keep all of my favorite loadouts so I prestiged without even thinking about any downsides

Same here - never prestiged in games because I didn't see the point of losing my stuff. Here, I have my loadout and can safely regen.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Northstar is awesome but life bar is too low. I get hammered most of the times. Any suggestions? Scorch, still need to master it. I loooove tone and..... Ion :/

With Northstar your positioning is important and you really should try to avoid engaging out in the open, because you have no defense abilities like a shield or phase-shift. Treat it kind of like a regular sniper class load out, utilize the environment for cover and keep your distance. The extra dash card is pretty much a must with Northstar too. I haven't quite got the trap ability down however, I'm still figuring out the best way to use that.

I bashed Homestead in the tech test but so far I've experienced the best and most competitive Titan combat on this map, so I assume it was designed with that in mind.

E92 M3

Also, Respawn doesn't get enough credit for this: Thank you for making hipfire a viable way to play. I never ADS anymore. The game becomes so much faster and smoother.

LOVE IT.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
PS4 for player population if you're concerned. There's about 21K on PS4 now and I gather, it'll be at 30-35K at least once it's late. Weekdays, there's usually 20K people playing so you won't have issues finding games at all (at least I never have).
Thanks for the input. I've definitely been leaning towards PS4. I'd love to play it at 120 fps, but I did eventually uninstall the first one on PC after being unable to reliably find games a couple months after release. Consoles seems like a safer bet.

GorillaJu

Are many others here having motion sickness from this game? I can only handle it in short bursts, I just played it for about an hour and I feel like absolute garbage. Need some ginger candy here, for some reason that helps.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
I really hope they plan on removing this stupid ass mechanic where titans doing executions are invincible. I had a LTS match last night come down to the last round, we have two titans they have one, all three of us are in doom state. I come around a corner and see the enemy executing my teammate. I have my salvo core ready and can easily blast him to smithereens... except he's in that stupid execution animation where he is impervious to EVERYTHING, even the sonar lock doesn't light them up. So while I am standing there with my dick in my hand waiting for that stupid animation to finish, an enemy pilot hits me with a rocket and I die LOL. Fuck.

In TF1 it was a decision you had to make.. do you go for the rip and sacrifice probable health because you could get annihilated while doing it. In this game, nope.. feel free, you could get hit with a nuke and nothing happens.

Hit the regen. I know I would level up a lot faster if I played more modes outside of LTS and used more guns. Maybe I'll do that this gen.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I have been absolutely dominating with Ronin. I've been averaging around 4+ Titan Kills/game. I've stopped using his gun for killing on-foot players. His sword has incredible range and is the most satisfying insta-gib.

Any ideas on when the stats are coming to the game?

exYle

I really like this game, but I'm really not good at it. The low TTK is eating me alive. I'm trying to hop around, chaining wallruns and sliding to be as fast as I can, but people spot me easily because I'm bright fucking orange and I'm dead before I can blink by some camper. There's zero opportunity to fight back once someone has the jump on you.

And teams really, really don't push the Titan advantage. I've seen whole matches go where there's only two or so Titans on the field at once on our side, while the other has four or five. So of course our side gets obliterated. I love being in a Titan and I'm pretty damn competent in it, but only if I can use my teammates as a distraction.

I just had my best Attrition game. We lost, but I really don’t mind the other team was actually pretty good. Most of the players were G2 or more. I thought I was doing horrible, but when I opened the scoreboard at the end I was like damn lol.

Holo Pilot with Holo Pilot Nova is lol. If you use them at the same time you have four decoys running around. It’s not the best pilot load out, but it’s pretty funny.

iZjH4FJ.jpg

lmao I just realized my team only had two titan kills. Guess I was taking them all! Ronin da best
not really, buff please.

I really hope they plan on removing this stupid ass mechanic where titans doing executions are invincible. I had a LTS match last night come down to the last round, we have two titans they have one, all three of us are in doom state. I come around a corner and see the enemy executing my teammate. I have my salvo core ready and can easily blast him to smithereens... except he's in that stupid execution animation where he is impervious to EVERYTHING, even the sonar lock doesn't light them up. So while I am standing there with my dick in my hand waiting for that stupid animation to finish, an enemy pilot hits me with a rocket and I die LOL. Fuck.

In TF1 it was a decision you had to make.. do you go for the rip and sacrifice probable health because you could get annihilated while doing it. In this game, nope.. feel free, you could get hit with a nuke and nothing happens.

Hit the regen. I know I would level up a lot faster if I played more modes outside of LTS and used more guns. Maybe I'll do that this gen.

I think replacing the invincibility frames with a high damage reduction while doing executions is probably the best way to go.

Bydobob

Are many others here having motion sickness from this game? I can only handle it in short bursts, I just played it for about an hour and I feel like absolute garbage. Need some ginger candy here, for some reason that helps.

I got plenty of motion sickness during the campaign, but none during the multiplayer. The breaks between matches make all the difference.

I really like this game, but I'm really not good at it. The low TTK is eating me alive. I'm trying to hop around, chaining wallruns and sliding to be as fast as I can, but people spot me easily because I'm bright fucking orange and I'm dead before I can blink by some camper.

Did you play the first game? Your experience is quite typical. Skating and hopping around the maps is a recipe for getting killed on some maps, you stick out like a beacon. It's something to get used to. I was personally a huge fan of the Swiss cheese style maps of the first game, it allowed you to flank from everywhere and be hard to pin down. They've dulled the need to be constantly moving as a pilot, while campers can and do prosper unlike before.

Dubz

Thanks for the input. I've definitely been leaning towards PS4. I'd love to play it at 120 fps, but I did eventually uninstall the first one on PC after being unable to reliably find games a couple months after release. Consoles seems like a safer bet.
Get on PS4 so that we can play!

Keihart

If there is a Titanfall 3, my wish is that it takes place on space stations and to have fliying mechs.

My anime dreams are being very fullfilled by this game.

B00TE

just had a game where the entire enemy team seemed determined to throw themselves on my scorch's fist lol. On the other side of that, my team was determined to get stepped on by their titans, so I guess it balanced out. Scorch is super fun.

For those who have played the campaign is the game worth picking up just for that ?

I originally passed on it due to its short length but all the positive reviews have made me want to try it

The single player is fantastic. It's easily my favorite single player FPS in years, and I did play Doom. Only problem is that it is short, so if that's all you're in for, you may want to wait for a sale. I got it off of that Target B2G1 sale so I don't mind.

The multiplayer is worth a shot to see if you like it. I personally don't like it, and I dumped HOURS into Infinity Ward's MW games, so take that as you will.

I feel cod is going to flop this year. I think k we will have a real split fps space this year between the big 3. I hope this builds up the numbers for T2 this holiday season.

If there is a Titanfall 3, my wish is that it takes place on space stations and to have fliying mechs.

My anime dreams are being very fullfilled by this game.

Titanfall 3 needs giant alien monsters to fight. It's crazy that there's these huge planets with giant species on them and we've not had to fight any of them yet. Hopefully the story can do this next time!

X-Frame

I'll most likely be grabbing this game when I get my Pro. I'd like to experience it from the beginning with Pro mode. I wonder how many others are waiting to do the same ...

JaMarco

Would it be hard for Respawn to release the maps from the first game? I know Angel City is coming but I would hope they have more planned after that. Seems like an easy and quicker way to get more quality maps in rotation.

While I enjoy most of the maps, complex and crash site aren't the best designed maps, especially for Titanfall's movement. I would like to hear Respawn's reasoning on these maps. One of the best things about the movement is treating every map like a platformer and trying to find the best way to run, slide and bounce around the map. The map's that funnel you through a corridor really limit that kind of freedom.
Yea it would be amazing if they remastered Angel City, Fracture, and Corporate. Those were the best multiplayer maps of all time to me.

The best way to use it is to not use it, it's useless along with tripwire IMO.

Yea they are useless, if they wanted them to have some effectiveness, they needed to make these "traps" hard to see. They stick out like sore thumbs and just are easily removed.

Geist-

Played Tone for the first time since patch. Doesn't feel too different, still dominating in the titan. I'm glad they didn't overreact with the nerf.

War Games
Lagoon
Rise
Swampland

Just bring them all over. I don't think theres a single map I dislike in TF1. I feel they have the perfect balance for pilot and Titan movement.

Swampland made me feel like I was in House of Flying Daggers. So good.

Haines

Banned
I'm not trying to be asshole here but...

Whenever cod comes out my experience is to watch a mp stream for 10 minutes and that's that.

Wowwww. It looks bland and awful.

Again. To those that enjoy it great but to know THAT will very much outsell TF2...God damn.

Back in the day people flocked to whatever was best. Gaming changed.

Whenever cod comes out my experience is to watch a mp stream for 10 minutes and that's that.

Again. To those that enjoy it great but to know THAT will very much outsell TF2...God damn.

I haven't bought a cod since mw2 but decided to give IW a fair shake and played the beta. TF2 beta was disappointing, Cod IW beta was awful.

Anyway just picked this up after all the good impressions and changes from the beta. I never played tf1, I should immediately switch to bumper jumper so I can Parkour and aim right?

Hope the maps I didn't get to play are good because the only decent beta map was Boomtown. Homestead and Kodai were terrible...

I'm just going to reiterate my vote about keeping executions invincible. It's a much welcome change from the original. You still have a pretty decent advantage against someone doing a term, you can set up at your ideal range behind them somewhere, get your weapon reloaded, and pounce when the time is right. Changing would be a huge nerf to Ronin for one, and make executions useless in general. Even more useless than the 'pretty useless' status they had in the original. Like 6 seconds to get pounded on? Automatic GG if someone with a core happens upon you?

So did the pilot kill you before the term finished? Because if not maybe your Salvo needed better timing, as in get your rockets straight up in the air at the start of the term and bring them down right as he finishes. Was it an archer rocket that killed you? Did you waste your dash and not have a chance to dodge it? Maybe you could popped your smoke for visual cover while waiting, or maybe if you had an idea of where the pilot was you could have set up your particle wall.

Where you see bullshit, I see good play from the other team, and an opportunity to learn for you perhaps.

Haines

Banned
I haven't bought a cod since mw2 but decided to give IW a fair shake and played the beta. TF2 beta was disappointing, Cod IW beta was awful.

Anyway just picked this up after all the good impressions and changes from the beta. I never played tf1, I should immediately switch to bumper jumper so I can Parkour and aim right?

Hope the maps I didn't get to play are good because the only decent beta map was Boomtown. Homestead and Kodai were terrible...

Someone recommended me a better setup than bumper jumper.

They gave me some good settings actually but i have a baby sleeping on me atm.

Vic_Viper

The MP in Infinite Warfare is horrible. Basically the same MP as the last game but with a space setting. But the Campaign is awesome! Seriously worth a rental when you want to give it a go. It doesnt have the cool gameplay like some of Titanfall's more memorable sections, but it makes up for it with a really neat setting and set pieces. It feels like IW decided to focus solely on creating an awesome single player this time around and they really delivered. The side missions alone are one of the best new additions to the COD formula since AW's new movement.

I'll never play the MP again, especially after having played Titanfall. It just feels so outdated and lacks any skill anymore imo. But man the campaign is really cool. Definitely worth a Redbox at the least.

After quite a few hours now, yea it's ... ok. Lot of annoying things that could hopefully be fixed, but ugh the maps are so bad in this. And Titans really are so nerfed in this by sheer terrain layout, forcing you to constantly be stuck in corridor combat it feels like. The freedom of movement is completely gone with Titans. Hopefully they just keep adding in more old classic maps, cause those were so good, few bad maps in the original game. Some better maps than the early test maps, but still they all feel pretty lackluster visually and design wise.

The high TTK is annoying, and makes alot of weapon variety feel pointless, especially the side arm pistols feel completely pointless, which further makes the decision of making players choose a sidearm or anti titan weapons seem silly.

The battery mechanic, it's still stupid. And really after so many hours of play, I've never seen anyone actually help another titan player by bringing them a battery.

Titan play just is nowhere as fun as it was in the first game, Titans feel like a crutch at times with how vulnerable they are to enemy pilots, the stupid battery mechanic, and the bad map design.

RMI

Banned

there is a reason they bundled MW remaster with the game this year. I was going to buy Infinite Warfare but the multiplayer looks super bland, and I enjoyed last year's game a lot but I don't think I can get on that same treadmill again.

Chris1

I don't think they should put every map in TF1 in TF2. Like I do want some of them but every one of them would be excessive, I want new stuff too.

But saying that, how easy is it to just put TF1 maps in TF2 exactly as they are, no upgraded graphics or anything? Can they just copy and paste the map file over to TF2 or would they have to make it from scratch again? If they can just copy paste them over more or less and it won't really interfere with future maps then I wouldn't mind them, it might look off with the graphics etc.. but at least we'd have good maps to play on.
Yea it would be amazing if they remastered Angel City, Fracture, and Corporate. Those were the best multiplayer maps of all time to me.

Woah bro you're missing War Games.

I'll just assume you didn't play the DLC and let you off with that one.

War Games was the best map in TF1, I'll be mad if it doesn't make it to TF2 at some point :(

Keihart

The battery mechanic, it's still stupid. And really after so many hours of play, I've never seen anyone actually help another titan player by bringing them a battery.

I've used it several times to help teammates and myself, a shame that you haven't.
I've taken Legions straigh on with Ronin with 2 batteries, they are pretty powerful.

I'm playing on PC, and whenever I continue the campaign the game just crashes to desktop. Is there any fix for this, or should I just start the mission over again?

Revas

Northstar is awesome but life bar is too low. I get hammered most of the times. Any suggestions? Scorch, still need to master it. I loooove tone and..... Ion :/

Northstar is so awesome. I set a tether trap near a Titan in a dome shield and light them up with cluster/prg or nuke eject. Health is low though, especially considering her ult makes her extremely vulnerable. My favorite titan by far though, sniping pilots with the prg is so satisfying.

Someone recommended me a better setup than bumper jumper.

They gave me some good settings actually but i have a baby sleeping on me atm.
There's no way to just rebind keys for some stupid reason. Whatever I'm sure bumper jumper will suit me fine.

Anyway 5 pages of pilot camos after DICE dropped the ball with no soldier customization in bf1 is appreciated

Is there no way to change the look of your pilot tho

Edit: but yeah if the TTK is as fast as it was in the beta and the new maps aren't any better I'm probably gonna trade it in. Biggest problems with the beta and they're pretty big ones.

Top Bottom