• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLG Support Group -- Now Officially Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHoot

Genetically modified catbirds will be real before the last guardian comes out.

So while everyone here is still waiting for a silly videogame I will be travelling the skies on a real catbird.

Fools, all of you.

I will become the catbird

We need one of these threads for this:
Agent.jpg

I BELIEVE I CAN FLY

I BELIEVE I WILL TOUCH THE SKY

I THINK ABOUT IT EVERY NIGHT AND DAY

SPREAD MY WINGS AND FLY AWAY

I BELIEVE I WILL SOOOOAARR

sorry

don't pretend you didn't sing that in your head too. Anyway. ITS TIME BITCHES. 6 MOTHER F'IN DAYS

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
not even gonna cheer on this games re-announcement. like even if it comes out, the hype alone will make this the most scrutinized game since killzone 2 if its not a 10/10.

my heart cant take it anymore.

Vantriztic

Neo Member
Just think: 7 more days and we'll see Trico again!!

Expecting a re-reveal with a trailer, but I'm hoping for some gameplay. Any amount will do. Seriously, just give us like 5 seconds. Please.

Can't decide whether this, is the Chinese Democracy of gaming, or if TLG is. I guess Duke kind of fits the bill more in terms of the production.

Axl Rose would be proud.
i was posting it because it took so long to be released and ended up being largely disappointing in reception. that was the quote i responded to.

I'll be very surprised if this is shown at E3. Mainly because if they are going to show it again, it will need to come out as soon as possible, like the end of the year. And with the recent thread about Sony boss discussing in a financial meeting about they don't have much coming out for the holiday makes me think this won't be shown at E3.

I could be wrong but with a game that was delayed for so long they can't show it off too early.

SDCowboy

I'll be very surprised if this is shown at E3. Mainly because if they are going to show it again, it will need to come out as soon as possible, like the end of the year. And with the recent thread about Sony boss discussing in a financial meeting about they don't have much coming out for the holiday makes me think this won't be shown at E3.

I could be wrong but with a game that was delayed for so long they can't show it off too early.

lol what? It would not have to come out this year to be shown at E3...

lol what? It would not have to come out this year to be shown at E3...

And my point was that it wouldn't be sensible to show it and then we have to wait another year or something till it releases. Read my post properly next time ;) People have been waiting long enough lol.

SDCowboy

And my point was that it wouldn't be sensible to show it and then we have to wait another year or something till it releases. Read my post properly next time ;)

Not coming out this year doesn't mean it would be a year out. And even if it was, it could still be shown.

Not coming out this year doesn't mean it would be a year out. And even if it was, it could still be shown.

Yes I'm sure it will be out at somepoint. But showing it at E3 imo would be a mistake unless it was going to be released soon afterwards. Because who in the hell is going to believe it will be out the following year considering the history surrounding TLG lol. We all know it's been worked on. Shu has said this himself.

Mar Nosso

Banned
Oddly enough, or maybe not seeing this game's history, I think I'll cry when it's formally re-announced and presented. Just thinking about that moment gets me close to tears. I played the originals when they came out and was awed the whole time I played them for. The ending of SotC punched me in the face so hard I blankly stared at the screen for minutes.

However, if it is finally cancelled, I'll be at peace. I'd rather have a good thing end early and on a high note than stretched thin and leading to disappointment. (eg. Silent Hill series, which ended with 4, whatever you people might say and even 4 is pushing it)

So, whatever happens, thank you Fumito Ueda for the two grand pieces of art you have given us so far. It was an honour, a pleasure and a blessing.

Mononoke

Banned
This thread has been largely therapeutic. At this point even if the game gets announced, I'll need continued support for my emotions.

i was posting it because it took so long to be released and ended up being largely disappointing in reception. that was the quote i responded to.

Sorry, was kind of thinking out loud based on your post.

AAK

Consider this my first E3 hype gif.

http://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduOB8z1sX8NNo1q/giphy.gif[IMG]

[SPOILER]please be gentle[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

The 6 years comment isn't entirely accurate, SCEJ has made and fully released games like Puppeteer, Rain, and Knack since TLG was announced so it's not like they haven't been doing anything.

Mononoke

Banned
Was going to tell OP he forgot to add me to the list of people supporting one another. But now it's a list to tag crazy people.

*backs away slowly. I was never here...

Shads

I still believe. Sony's never gave any claims that it's been cancelled and even got IGN to pull down that article last year of it being cancelled. They still standby that it's being worked on (and likely being remade for PS4 instead of the PS3), and maybe not a port either and more of a built from the ground-up type of work here, which is why it's taking extra long to develop for a small team... at least this is what I keep telling myself. If it's not shown at E3 this year nor the next, then I may start to give up on this...

I believe, I've always believed.

Do I believe it will necessarily be any good after all this time? Not really. It could be, but I'm not getting my hopes up in that regard.

sjay1994

The 6 years comment isn't entirely accurate, SCEJ has made and fully released games like Puppeteer, Rain, and Knack since TLG was announced so it's not like they haven't been doing anything.

Well, the comment isn't refering to the game output of SCEJ, but rather how long its been since we have seen TLG. Its last sighting was 2009.

not even gonna cheer on this games re-announcement. like even if it comes out, the hype alone will make this the most scrutinized game since killzone 2 if its not a 10/10.

I don't understand this sentiment. There hasn't been six years of hype, there's been six years of "does this game actually exist?" Do people still equate long development time with quality?

Theonik

So if the game doesn't appear till the end of the year anyone here taking any challenges? Public head shaving? Walking the town square naked?

Edit:
I don't understand this sentiment. There hasn't been six years of hype, there's been six years of "does this game actually exist?" Do people still equate long development time with quality?
Largely they still do. What's more perplexing is they do so as a function of wait from announcement, so things shown too early especially with baked stuff suffer the most. Then people like to ignore the scale of these projects. (were they really in full production for 6 years? Were they shelved?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom