• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLoU:R Photomode Thread:I struggled a long time with compression [READ OP] [SPOILERS]

ibvt525d2YbHfF.jpg

i8NFMWrFVcA0R.jpg

ibkwfC3nkyYaK.jpg

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I guess it's a testament to how slowly our photo takers are treading the game to get good photos. But is Winter spoiler? I'm sure you can figure out why I'd ask.

jett

D-Member
Some of these pictures, especially some of Sarah, look damn near CG. Depth of field helps so much in improving video game graphics, it's no coincidence that one of the best looking moments in the game is one where the game makes heavy use of DOF in the middle of gameplay. Of course having the screen drenched in a blur is not really helpful for the majority of any game. :p

kubus

I'm feeling sad. First pic with a smiling Joel wins an e-hug from me
I posted one on page 2 :D. It's not a huge grin but I don't think Joel is capable of more than this.

thelastofusremasteredc7jsn.jpg

I really like this one because it's like Joel is making a selfie with ellie (who gives zero fucks) :p

Consistently astounded at how good his model looks. Transferring the cut-scene one to gameplay has made a huge difference, not that he ever looked bad before.

Only games that look better in that area are Beyond and Crysis 3 I'd say. Impressive that two PS3 games would even make that list.

Uh... I strongly disagree. Beyond's models look too uncanny and Crysis's are extremely overrated. I remember that someone always posts one certain image that always gets blasted back (with reason) due to low-poly untessellated head, dead eyes, bad skin textures (pores the size of scars) and low-res clothing textures.

I mean, it's still a good model for last-gen standards, but it sure is funny to see how the champion of PC graphical supremacy manages to still be a step behind Beyond's and TLOU's PS3 models.

Top Bottom