• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

Toxi

Banned
Ex-Aid's new movie form is hilariously underwhelming.
The final forms also just been bleh. Gaim was great from a story standpoint cause what it meant(
pretty much shedding his humanity
). The last final forum that actually was exciting was Wizard's infinity.
Type Tridoron looked sexy as hell even if it wasn't that exciting power-wise. Best part about it was Krim occasionally taking control and just demolishing foes.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
360 degrees of TV Nihon text.

there's probably a normal version for a non-PSVR release, methinks there's a regular film version too

also I'm speculating if it's gonna be like Spy Kids 3D where only certain parts of the film is in 360 (like in the VR world)... and I just realized how apt it is if that's the case considering Spy Kids 3D's focus being video games.

Toxi

Banned
Ex-Aid Episode 34

The time stop in the rain was beautiful.

Hiiro is a dumbass, but he's a sympathetic dumbass. Not surprised at all how his alliance with Elder Dan has gone so far.

Kirya seems rather taciturn.

I loved the fight between Kamen Rider Mach versus Gold Drive.

Banno was a complete sociopathic ass.
That was easily the best fight in Drive. And what came after the fight was even better.

Banno messed with the wrong MAAAAHAAAAA

WarRock

The final forms also just been bleh. Gaim was great from a story standpoint cause what it meant(
pretty much shedding his humanity
). The last final forum that actually was exciting was Wizard's infinity.
Infinity debut was great, but it suffers from the "it can do everything" problem. Any time Wizard doesn't put it on and wins doesn't make sense. And I'll agree with Toxi, Type Tridoron is fucking A+.

Yoshaa Palmer Luckey!
Perfect.

vareon

It's that time of the year.

https://twitter.com/trademark_bot/status/871747377719156738

T3J72q3.jpg

Toxi

Banned
Please don't look like the Zyuohger robots.
Infinity debut was great, but it suffers from the "it can do everything" problem. Any time Wizard doesn't put it on and wins doesn't make sense.
One of the nice things about Blade: The show provides a good justification for why Kenzaki doesn't always use King form.

And then he uses that exact same reason to spam it in the finale. ;_;

Toxi

Banned
I thought I would start a more light-hearted series after finishing Blade. Should I go with Den-O or Fourze?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
We're gonna build that Rider and Shocker's gonna pay for it!

One of these days we will get a pro wrestling inspired rider series.

Yeah, that'd be cool.

Shame there wasn't a Ex-Aid Rider based on Japan's love of wrestling games.

Now it's time to use our:

tumblr_netmahj5mI1qc7cmzo1_500.gif

Going on the "whatever is popular" idea that they've been on... a Rider based heavily on Minecraft or Legos!

Do anyone remember the tokusatsu adaptation of Cutey Honey?

It was decent.

I'm ready for Kamen Rider Build
Fighters
I would murder several folks for Build Fighters, but Kamen Rider.

WarRock

TIME FOR GUTSMAN RIDER

Do anyone remember the tokusatsu adaptation of Cutey Honey?
The TV show? Because IIRC there are something like 3 live action adaptations, between the show and movies?

Wait, wat? Will the emperor abdicate, or only has two years to live?
Emperor Akihito is going to abdicate at the end of the year.

I would murder several folks for Build Fighters, but Kamen Rider.
ohmygodplease

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hmm I have my doubts on Minecraft since that didn't help Zyuohger.
Lego would be really interesting
Though I like the swappable body parts idea.

Big One

Banned
Expecting Build to be a low rider amount show ala Drive again. Nothing wrong with that, though.

I wonder if they're going to do a Decade 2.0 after Build. Hope they do it right this time and not fuck it up. TOEI, pay in the big money for Gantarou!

Tiu Neo

Expecting Build to be a low rider amount show ala Drive again. Nothing wrong with that, though.

I wonder if they're going to do a Decade 2.0 after Build. Hope they do it right this time and not fuck it up. TOEI, pay in the big money for Gantarou!

That if Build isn't the new Decade. Yeah, one year early, but they could use the Build-Your-Rider concept with older Riders parts.

Big One

Banned
That if Build isn't the new Decade. Yeah, one year early, but they could use the Build-Your-Rider concept with older Riders parts.
Could be I suppose even though it's ending on 9 rather than 10 compared to Decade. Fourze was an anniversary season too, so maybe they'll do something special for the final Heisei era series. The Build your own Rider concept is cool but man will it lead to some ugly shit, lol.

Tiu Neo

Could be I suppose even though it's ending on 9 rather than 10 compared to Decade. Fourze was an anniversary season too, so maybe they'll do something special for the final Heisei era series.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. On the other side, it would make sense for the post-Build series to be an transition series, if they plan to change the formula again, kinda how they did with Neo-Heisei. At least it would fit the era name change, heh.

Toxi

Banned
I still have to watch Den-O, but Fourze is my favorite Rider. Best support cast in the series, imo.
Fourze has some dark moments but it's mostly light-hearted. Den-O is more of a comedy with an interesting supporting cast.
I decided to check out the first episode of each series to see which I liked better.

And when it comes down to Gentaro vs Ryotaro, the choice is obvious. Fourze it is. Hopefully Gentaro keeps being awesome past the first episode.

You'll get your unlikable alternate reality version and you'll like it!

WillyFive

Den-O and Fourze are my two favorite Rider series. The idea of choosing between them is alien to me.

As for Build, I see it being the Bandai version of this:

10459_pd2768563_2_sw_mashers_stormtrooper_3.jpg

Toxi

Banned
I don't see arm swapping with past Riders being super exciting unless it comes with their weapons as well. Most of the interesting detail on those costumes is in the chest and head.

WillyFive

What if the secondary rider can swap out Kaiju parts?

All Riders share origins with their villains in some way, I can see this being the power of Build himself.

I don't see arm swapping with past Riders being super exciting unless it comes with their weapons as well. Most of the interesting detail on those costumes is in the chest and head.

Well, that would be the point, no?

Tiu Neo

Well, yeah, would make no sense at all if that was the case. But even that is a bit weird, if you think a bit. What would make sense? Fourze's power ups, Drive's tires, Gaim Armors, Ghost's coats... It would be a mess, heh.

Or maybe it's just forms based on previous Riders? Kinda like W combined two different things? Even that would sounds a bit... eh.

Or maybe it's not other-Rider related at all, heh.

Top Bottom