• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Playing Trauma Center in Space and Hollywood

WarRock

It's already better than Gaim for me, if only for the characters. I'm actually impressed with Hiro and Taiga's development and how the dynamic between Hiro and Emu or Taiga and Niko became entertaining and natural.

Jaeger

Finally watched ep 19 of Ex-Aid, and now I am officially all caught up! And what a great episode it was.
Taddle Quest Fantasy is so awesome and ridiculously overpowered

WarRock

Finally watched ep 19 of Ex-Aid, and now I am officially all caught up! And what a great episode it was.
Taddle Quest Fantasy is so awesome and ridiculously overpowered
I'm legit impressed they made Brave into wizard and didn't recycle Wizard's spell circles again.

Tiu Neo

I really need him to watch Sentai now. It'd blow his mind.

Yep. I totally want to see his opinion on a random Sentai, even better if it's an older one. I don't remember the last video, did he watch Ultraman already? He would probably love that too.

He mentioned Ultraman in his all-encompassing perspective of tokusatsu, yeah. Don't think he's actually watched any episodes though.

NeonZ

Hm. Kamen Sentai GoRiders is getting a 3 episode mini-series, like Kamen Rider 4 did. It's also going to feature Ex-Aid, Lazer, Baron, Malika, Another Agito and Blade. No confirmation on returning actors right now though or anything about its plot.

WarRock

Amazing how good the GoRiders suit look, puts most of the crossover Rider suits to shame. Showa simplicity just works, I guess.

Banana and Lazer interactions have a lot of potential, too.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Amazing how good the GoRiders suit look, puts most of the crossover Rider suits to shame. Showa simplicity just works, I guess.

Banana and Lazer interactions have a lot of potential, too.

blue is fucking hot. and the dead rider carnival better fucking have tsurugi

Tiu Neo

Yeah, the GoRiders look great, the suits are so new, pretty and... shinny? Dunno, kinda like how it would be if the original KR was made today, lol.

Jaeger

Space Sentai subs are out.

EDIT: Interesting what they are doing here! Sasori is starting out evil? Very different! He seems to be the sole one, as well. 1 vs. 8 will be tough!

hSwpPwJ.jpg

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Finished Zyuohger. Really going to miss these characters. I think if I had watched this show weekly Misao would have annoyed me over time but since I just binged it I was fine with him. Enjoyed all of the characters.

WarRock

3 Space Balls
Androids Dream of Human Scorpions

So, the commander is an oddball (that will probably show a hidden badass side later on, I guess) as a counterpoint to Raptor. Unexpected.
Stinger tail is ridiculously long.

vareon

3 Space Balls
Androids Dream of Human Scorpions

So, the commander is an oddball (that will probably show a hidden badass side later on, I guess) as a counterpoint to Raptor. Unexpected.
Stinger tail is ridiculously long.

I never expected Raptor to be the team's level-headed one. That's nice.

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger 03

This... is not what I expected from the commander. He works perfectly with Raptor (who is also very different from what I expected before the series, hah).

Glad to see other characters getting a bit of the spotlight. We know this whole rivalry between Champ and Stinger will be dropped soon/be a misunderstanding/something like that, but eh. It's also funny how Lucky always seems wrong about something, but at the end he gets what he wants/things work. Part of being lucky, I guess.

I like the idea of the extra globes each being an extra superpower, kinda like Kyoryuger, but with many more power ups, if the 88 KyuTama things is true.

Hey, finally another enemy ranger. I kinda missed those. Probably won't be for long, but eh.

Next episode, best member finally transforms.

Jaeger

Sasori is definitely one of my faves. I hope he rides the enemy train for a while before the inevitable side change.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The stinger looks awkward when he's in the suit, especially when it's just dangling between his legs like a...you know.

But consider me surprised his conflict wasn't resolved in this episode.

Awesome custom Gashat

Total missed opportunity by not having the "WHAT'S YOUR NAME!?" edited to end with a "IT'S A ME, MARIO!"

Tiu Neo

Don't count on seeing all 88, remember American Dream from Drive?

Yeah, I'm betting on some of them being prizes, toys, or maybe dvd exclusive.

I think Zyuohger had some cube recolors like that, too? Still, a lot more than the 20 or so possible in Kyoryuger.

I'm betting at least a few of them will be kinda useless, heh.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kyuranger 3

Better pacing this time around.
Loving the commander so far. More concerned with catchphrases than the actual stakes, that's funny. Also impressed that Raptor isn't the silly one. Then again, seeing next week.

Wonder how they'll make Stinger good, especially since Champ will probably wring his neck the first chance he gets.

Ex-Aid 20

To be fair I'm not a fan of roller coasters either.
Yeah, Bang Bang Simulations was a disappointment. After Taddle Fantasy's epic showcase last week, this just being "Dakka dakka dakka" is like getting a store-bought cookie after eating a beautiful steak.

Dan is getting crazier and crazier.

javadoze

Ex-Aid 20

-This is probably the first time in awhile in a rider show where I've felt the main character is at an extreme disadvantage. Mighty Bros XX is only two lvl 10s while Dangerous Zombie is invincible (and supposedly has some other secret around it) while Hiro, Taiga, and Pallad all have access to level 50 gashats.

-BangBangSimulations is pretty meh. Though it's nice to not see a gun rider job constantly for once, it still doesn't really suit itself to interesting fights.

-NEXT WEEK IS ANOTHER EPISODE OF THE DAN SHOW! CAN'T WAIT!

Kyuranger 3

-While the introduction to Stinger was a bit light this episode, Champ's character motivation was pretty good. That said, I'm wondering how long is it until Stinger's eventual heel-turn (and if it's coming sooner rather than later).

-Xiao is a pretty fun spin on the usual "commander" type character you'd usually see in Sentai, though his appearance was a little out of the blue.

-Solid episode overall. I'm liking the character conflicts being set up early on here and am interested to see how they'll eventually pan out (Hammy and Spada kinda falling to the wayside at the moment).

"YOSHA LUCKY" this episode: 6
"YOSHA LUCKY" overall: 21.5

Tiu Neo

Stinger will probably turn in a few episodes, probably before the 10th/11th (depending on when the commander transforms) shows up. I'm betting he'll be on the heroes side by episode 10, but would be good if I was wrong.

Hahaha, yes. That's one that will probably be extra, not used, or part of a combination (since there are two other constelations that formed a big one with this, before, and were divided).

I think the southern hemisphere only constellations have the biggest chance of being ignored, unless they sound cool.

shaowebb

So whats everyone's final verdict of the Power Rangers digital beat em up? Looks like a flash game. Definitely looks like it got faster since its initial shots but still looks kinda ehh...
Also have we gotten our rumors yet for the next Rider series?

vareon

Xiao shows up in Episode 3 because there are too many characters in 1 and 2, I think. And thank goodness Raptor shows up before him because the team is LOUD, holy shit.

So whats everyone's final verdict of the Power Rangers digital beat em up? Looks like a flash game. Definitely looks like it got faster since its initial shots but still looks kinda ehh...
Also have we gotten our rumors yet for the next Rider series?

No, because as of now nobody wants Ex-Aid to end :p

Tiu Neo

Xiao shows up in Episode 3 because there are too many characters in 1 and 2, I think. And thank goodness Raptor shows up before him because the team is LOUD, holy shit.

Probably. At least things will slow down a bit, I guess.

Ex-Aid 20

Hiiro is underpowered again, after less than one episode, heh. And how cute, him and Taiga now share a Gashat. Their Kamen Rider level is 50, but their tsundere level is over 9000 now.

Taiga new form has unique powers like the others, but his is the most meh, until now. Unless the power of making the others reflect on their actions is also part of it, lol.

You know, Dan trying to destroy Mighty Brothers XX is kinda like Nintendo trying to take a fan game down. And wtf, Dangerous Zombie is only level 10? That level X thing sounds more like a powerup thing than what it is now.

Top Bottom